BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 70 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.

WP parent here. The team picked up two Fall 05's at tryout, which totals two 05's on the team. With 23 players on the team, that's approximately 8% of the team are 05's, which means... 92% of the team have 06 DOB's. Previous to this year, it was always... 100% 06 DOB's.

So, saying that the vast concentration of players are from 05, or 95% of the players on AA teams have 05 DOB's, that is simply a myth, spread by people on here, who's kid was cut by these top teams. Myth dispelled!

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams.

I have nothing to do with either team but what makes a player not eligible . My son is is November birthday but started 1st grade the next year would be be a hold back ? School cut off is Dec 1st. What is the cut cut off month ?

December 1st is the cut off date in NY State. If he was born on or after Dec 1st, he would have to be in the grade above. Kids born between Sept 1st and November 31st have the choice. So, is your son a holdback? Technically, yes, because he could have gone in the older grade, if you and your wife had not chosen to... hold him back. Kinda self explanatory, huh??

It's a tough birthday though. Should your son be young for his grade or old for his grade? Those are your choices? Totally depends upon your 5 year olds maturity level. Hopefully parents aren't thinking, hmmm I'll keep my 5 year old home another year, so he can have an advantage over other kids in sports, as he is growing up. But, I'm sure some people do.

[/quote]

Definitely wasn’t thinking about any sports at the time to put him in 1st grade. At the time he was not ready reading , speech etc.. sports was the last thing on my mine didn’t want him to be behind. I thought it was a great decision academically .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.

WP parent here. The team picked up two Fall 05's at tryout, which totals two 05's on the team. With 23 players on the team, that's approximately 8% of the team are 05's, which means... 92% of the team have 06 DOB's. Previous to this year, it was always... 100% 06 DOB's.

So, saying that the vast concentration of players are from 05, or 95% of the players on AA teams have 05 DOB's, that is simply a myth, spread by people on here, who's kid was cut by these top teams. Myth dispelled!

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams.
[/quote]

Hate to break it to you but vast majority of 2006s will need to repeat or PG if you have D1 dreams. Take a quick scan of rosters for Duke or Princeton or any others which list birthdays. Both of those schools freshman classes last year had only 2 on age kids (1999 in their case). The rest of the class were 1998s (turning 20 freshman year) and even one 1997! (yes a 21year old freshman)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 21 year old freshman was undoubtedly a Canadian.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Midwest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Midwest

Really for what ? Do good get drafted by MLL and make 7k - 15k a year please!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Midwest

I read the salary cap is going up by 51%. A good sign for the league I would think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that’s your justification for holding back your ‘23 Express boy? The reality is he can’t get playing time with kids his own age, so make your post-puberty “man-child” play with “boys”. Setting a great example dad. If you can’t hack it, cheat. The real losers are all those Express kids who won’t get the opportunities that they deserve because of the five reclassed kids. At least Five ‘23’s and a 30 player roster! Parents. Why do you put up with this?? Open you eyes! Other teams are NOT like this. At least, not on LI.

Hate to break it to you but vast majority of 2006s will need to repeat or PG if you have D1 dreams. Take a quick scan of rosters for Duke or Princeton or any others which list birthdays. Both of those schools freshman classes last year had only 2 on age kids (1999 in their case). The rest of the class were 1998s (turning 20 freshman year) and even one 1997! (yes a 21year old freshman)[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that’s your justification for holding back your ‘23 Express boy? The reality is he can’t get playing time with kids his own age, so make your post-puberty “man-child” play with “boys”. Setting a great example dad. If you can’t hack it, cheat. The real losers are all those Express kids who won’t get the opportunities that they deserve because of the five reclassed kids. At least Five ‘23’s and a 30 player roster! Parents. Why do you put up with this?? Open you eyes! Other teams are NOT like this. At least, not on LI.

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams./

Sorry to Break it to the BS Pack parent........There is more 05's on that squad...Let it be.It's ok.. Its Math.. Be the ball.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to break it to you but vast majority of 2006s will need to repeat or PG if you have D1 dreams. Take a quick scan of rosters for Duke or Princeton or any others which list birthdays. Both of those schools freshman classes last year had only 2 on age kids (1999 in their case). The rest of the class were 1998s (turning 20 freshman year) and even one 1997! (yes a 21year old freshman)

[/quote]

D1 dreams? This is Youth sports people. And with all contact YOUTH sports there SHOULD be an age restriction put in place!!!With all clubs.No more cheating no more accusations or MYTHS.No more arguing or speculating why that kid is so good or so big!Show your DOB and go play.I don't care what dates they choose. But some kind of rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams./

Sorry to Break it to the BS Pack parent........There is more 05's on that squad...Let it be.It's ok.. Its Math.. Be the ball.........

Taz parent here. I know all of the WP team very well and I can confirm that there are only two Fall 05 boys on that team. Exact same on our team. It’s obvious that your child has been rejected by a lot of teams and you justify that by thinking the deck is stacked unfairly against him. Sorry to say, at least for these two teams, that is not the case.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious! Your kid can’t even compete against kids his own age and you are planning his D1 scholarship?! What do you think is going to happen when the younger kids catch up to him size wise in a year or two? Junior goes right back to riding the pines! What? Schwale didn’t tell you that part?? Do yourself a favor. Find a hobby other than your obsession with your sons lacrosse career which I can tell you is going no where. Thinking you have a lot of time on your hands. Golf maybe??

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Big Taz Middie is not a Holdback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the poster already answered that question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious! Your kid can’t even compete against kids his own age and you are planning his D1 scholarship?! What do you think is going to happen when the younger kids catch up to him size wise in a year or two? Junior goes right back to riding the pines! What? Schwale didn’t tell you that part?? Do yourself a favor. Find a hobby other than your obsession with your sons lacrosse career which I can tell you is going no where. Thinking you have a lot of time on your hands. Golf maybe??
[quote]

Not sure when all the holdback/reclass happens but you can’t argue with the facts. Yes, we can trash all the kids doing it now. However ALL the D1 programs take the best players in the class. They don’t care about age. There must be a reason 75% plus of recruits are turning 20 their freshmen year. Maybe your kid is the unicorn. Young with the maturity, grades and money to get one of the 2 spots on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Midwest

I read the salary cap is going up by 51%. A good sign for the league I would think.

Nope. Midwest

I can’t belive thats Going up 51% there is no one at the games to generate money 💰

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote]

Not sure when all the holdback/reclass happens but you can’t argue with the facts. Yes, we can trash all the kids doing it now. However ALL the D1 programs take the best players in the class. They don’t care about age. There must be a reason 75% plus of recruits are turning 20 their freshmen year. Maybe your kid is the unicorn. Young with the maturity, grades and money to get one of the 2 spots on age.

Peoples thought process is irrational. Every situation is different. If and it’s a huge if your child is a junior in HS and happens to be a stud, then decisions are made. To plan for D1 at 12 years old, by holding your kid back, is some berry messed up thinking by some seriously obsessed parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That middies is on WP now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real Taz & swr parents know there are way more then 2 boys with fall 05 dob's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You like to think that don’t you. Makes you feel better. But still fake news. You ever think about reclassifying your boy?? Maybe he can get some playing time on Channys ‘25 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there really 5 Express ‘23 players that reclassed to play on the ‘24 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one?
do not know whick one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there really 5 Express ‘23 players that reclassed to play on the ‘24 team?

yes. Team is loaded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz parent here. I know all of the WP team very well and I can confirm that there are only two Fall 05 boys on that team. Exact same on our team. It’s obvious that your child has been rejected by a lot of teams and you justify that by thinking the deck is stacked unfairly against him. Sorry to say, at least for these two teams, that is not the case.

WP picked up 2 Taz holdbacks, one was the LSM and not any good but probably the oldest of the bunch but knowone cares , so that doesnt seem to matter, but the other taz boy,the Express kid and the 05 boy from Riverhead are all mid 05 ers. thats 4 additions all that will dominate playing time on that squad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WP picked up 2 Taz holdbacks, one was the LSM and not any good but probably the oldest of the bunch but knowone cares , so that doesnt seem to matter, but the other taz boy,the Express kid and the 05 boy from Riverhead are all mid 05 ers. thats 4 additions all that will dominate playing time on that squad
Win at all costs !!!. great lessons!!! as long as the club draws . all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loaded - 35 kids! Chan making his $

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck. You have a lot of selfish players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

makes no sense.

You like to think that don’t you. Makes you feel better. But still fake news. You ever think about reclassifying your boy?? Maybe he can get some playing time on Channys ‘25 team.

Not fake news..And do NOT want to reclassify with Chan.. My son is doing fine. all these top teams need not defend or explain if there were some dob rules put in place like all the other sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No horse in race, but you say one is not any good. So why would he “dominate playing time on that squad.” Trying to add a little drama?? Your post just lost all credibility. You sound like just another pack hater to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh. Where you guys been? The pack haters are officially baaaack! Same ole same ole. Spreading lies, trying to pull the pack down. Never gets old does it? How many years it been now? Going on 6! Wow. You guys got stamina! Some creepy hater claims to know the birthdays of all the pack children. Let’s hope not, for all our kids sake. Btw. You are almost half right. Two out of four, not bad. But no mid-05’s. Unfortunately for you, you will see 100% of this squad in Denver. But keep the hate coming. Always love the attention. A real compliment for the boys. Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

makes no sense.

Not fake news..And do NOT want to reclassify with Chan.. My son is doing fine. all these top teams need not defend or explain if there were some dob rules put in place like all the other sports.

I Agree there should be an age requirement put in place! I even know some 04's that are now reclassifying to play 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[ChillLaxin]. The rest of your comments are likely just as accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

makes no sense.

I Agree there should be an age requirement put in place! I even know some 04's that are now reclassifying to play 2024.

Yeah. And the worst of the worst on Long Island is Express. How many they got in total? Heard it’s around ten. Maybe not so bad considering they have a 30 player roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the big Taz middie that left #3? And you are saying he will qualify for the WSYL? No way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's really out of control... my son is in 3rd grade. Plays on a 2028 team - which is age appropriate given his 2010 birth year. I look at the roster for his team, and there are kids with 2008 birthdays. I would really love to see a carding system like soccer has.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No horse in race, but you say one is not any good. So why would he “dominate playing time on that squad.” Trying to add a little drama?? Your post just lost all credibility. You sound like just another pack hater to me.

no dummy, he was a throw in to get another boy,just happens to be older and his daddy coaches for the organization,,,,,go figure......he is terrible as stated but the other 4 new additions will dominate the playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no dummy, he was a throw in to get another boy,just happens to be older and his daddy coaches for the organization,,,,,go figure......he is terrible as stated but the other 4 new additions will dominate the playing time.
That is a WP parent no doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a WP parent no doubt.

Th riverhead player is officially in 8Th grade.Fact!! played Empire ;last season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's really out of control... my son is in 3rd grade. Plays on a 2028 team - which is age appropriate given his 2010 birth year. I look at the roster for his team, and there are kids with 2008 birthdays. I would really love to see a carding system like soccer has.

Welcome to the party Pal! From your lips to Gods ears. And its only getting worse. When my son was in 3rd grade I was saying the same thing. "Dont worry the sport is growing they will make it age based".
Its ridiculous!
Its ridiculous!

Page 11 of 70 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard