BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An earlier post referenced how the Rebels were going to keep a max of 22 players with 21 ideally. Just saw they would conduct another supplemental tryout looking to fill 4 additional spots. Not enough commits? It can’t be them looking for the right fit or talent at this point. The talent has committed elsewhere. Tough at this point for any team to find key players. Even without there being a Rebels-Outlaws connection, they both seem to be in same boat.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]The Legacy topic..

At this grade level on Long Island you are a B team unless you play, and compete with Express (Haugen & Lemma), Igloo, &

Right now, for 2026 teams, Haugen, 91, Igloo are clearly 1-2-3. And you’re right that you have to compete with these teams, to be considered above a B Tteam. But these are also ten year old kids. Many kids that are on nobody’s radar right now will soon start to emerge. Nobody really knows which teams will step up and be competitive with these teams over the next year or two. But there will be competition coming...

Everyone knows things can change. I think they're obviously referring to right now. No one could possibly predict the future. Look at almost every other A team that these clubs field. They're all 1, 2, & 3. I couldn't imagine them dropping far, if at all.

Very likely that the top three wouldn’t drop to a lower level, if for no other reason than they have large tryouts, and there are plenty of players looking to play for them. They can survive a few players leaving, better than the others. The more interesting question to me is ‘Who will be the teams that step up, and at least become competitive with LI 2026 AA teams?” I’d say it’s not going to be the teams struggling to get fifteen players at its tryouts.. look for a team getting more like 40 or players or more at their tryouts.. I am sure everyone notices the barrage of emails the past few weeks, from lax teams with plenty of positions that they still need to fill! They aren’t coming from 91, Express, or Igloo..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last email said that the 2026 Rebels need four more players.. but their regular tryouts were actually into August (they had the supplemental camp in July). I’m sure plenty of kids were committed by that point. But it’s the first year, and there really is no reputation established yet.. year two, will be a better barometer. Shore2Shore didn’t have many kids year one, but this year they had very large turnouts.. probably didn’t hurt making the WSYL..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last email said that the 2026 Rebels need four more players.. but their regular tryouts were actually into August (they had the supplemental camp in July). I’m sure plenty of kids were committed by that point. But it’s the first year, and there really is no reputation established yet.. year two, will be a better barometer. Shore2Shore didn’t have many kids year one, but this year they had very large turnouts.. probably didn’t hurt making the WSYL..

There is no issue. Rebels had enough kids show for tryouts. But there were kids who didnt get offers. They wont do what some teams do, which is make offers just to fill the slots.
From Day 1 they told people the team would have somewhere between 18-22 players. It currently has 18 players. So they have 4 spots they will fill if they find the right players. If not, the team is fine at 18.
And there are plenty of teams in past that have found quality players into the fall and spring. Thats why so many teams have advertised they are doing additional tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you on these B and C organization teams of the big organisations, you should seriously be looking at bailing out soon and looking somewhere else. They are looking like they will be a complete bust.

You are better off contacting the teams like Rebels, Outlaws, R$sh, Turtles, etc... that may have a few spots left and have them evaluate your kid to see if you are offered a spot.
You never know. Maybe one of them is able to work out something on tuition to offset the initial deposit if you made one.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you on these B and C organization teams of the big organisations, you should seriously be looking at bailing out soon and looking somewhere else. They are looking like they will be a complete bust.

You are better off contacting the teams like Rebels, Outlaws, R$sh, Turtles, etc... that may have a few spots left and have them evaluate your kid to see if you are offered a spot.
You never know. Maybe one of them is able to work out something on tuition to offset the initial deposit if you made one.

Are the Turtles going to field a team?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well, after reading the comments on this thread I will say there are some very good points being made. My son is on a travel team. I would say a low level "B" team and I am happy. Nice kids, great parents. I actually would rather spend more time with them then my town team. My son, I would say is going to take time to develop. What I mean by that is there are some kids I see on the town team that are very, very good. My son lacks the maturity right now to say I need to keep up. He loves the game so I am not going to just wait for PAL every spring. I see improvement every year which is all i can honestly ask for. I don't think my son would get much out of joining the big three. He is 9 years old. Having played travel sports my whole life I saw good kids at a young age just quit as they got older. They wanted to spend time with there friends, interested in girls, other sports. So i am not worried he isn't exactly the superstar at his age level. Nobody remembers the goals you scored when you are 9.

My comment is more for advise about Box Lacrosse. Does anyone play it? Does anyone have recommendations? My son really wants to play and I think its a great idea. It will make his stick skills better and help his quickness improve. I am just wondering where to go? I know IGLOO has there own program and I think team 91 does as well. I have seen advertisements on BOTC for one program and i know of another program but that is it. Any assistance would be great.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Lancerussell
Well, after reading the comments on this thread I will say there are some very good points being made. My son is on a travel team. I would say a low level "B" team and I am happy. Nice kids, great parents. I actually would rather spend more time with them then my town team. My son, I would say is going to take time to develop. What I mean by that is there are some kids I see on the town team that are very, very good. My son lacks the maturity right now to say I need to keep up. He loves the game so I am not going to just wait for PAL every spring. I see improvement every year which is all i can honestly ask for. I don't think my son would get much out of joining the big three. He is 9 years old. Having played travel sports my whole life I saw good kids at a young age just quit as they got older. They wanted to spend time with there friends, interested in girls, other sports. So i am not worried he isn't exactly the superstar at his age level. Nobody remembers the goals you scored when you are 9.

My comment is more for advise about Box Lacrosse. Does anyone play it? Does anyone have recommendations? My son really wants to play and I think its a great idea. It will make his stick skills better and help his quickness improve. I am just wondering where to go? I know IGLOO has there own program and I think team 91 does as well. I have seen advertisements on BOTC for one program and i know of another program but that is it. Any assistance would be great.

I recommend doing Box Lacrosse with North of the Border (NOTB). They offer a few different services through out the winter time and also the summer time at a very affordable rate considering they have to pay the indoor costs. NOTB is an affiliate of Legacy Lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Man_Up

I recommend doing Box Lacrosse with North of the Border (NOTB). They offer a few different services through out the winter time and also the summer time at a very affordable rate considering they have to pay the indoor costs. NOTB is an affiliate of Legacy Lacrosse.

Thank you!!! I will look into NOTB. Was also looking at Island Box Lacrosse as well. Either way my son will be doing one of these programs. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Man_Up

Thank you!!! I will look into NOTB. Was also looking at Island Box Lacrosse as well. Either way my son will be doing one of these programs. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

You should avoid Island Box. Last year was a fiasco. I know people who went through it. Langtry disappeared in January and wasnt around for tournaments. And left some grades with coaches who were not good at all, and had a horrible tournament where kids were throwing up at the end, and these coaches got endless penalties for the coach fighting with the refs, and coach forfeited championship game on the kids.

Plus Langtry told everyone he was away due to dealing with old concussion issues. In actuality he was drinking and got in car accident and fled the scene. Newspaper in Denver just recently reported.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/08/29/brian-langtry-colorado-mammoth-lacrosse/
Would not want my kid a part of that.

Stick to North of the Border.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do we know about Rebels team at this age? How is team looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big ? at this point. They were looking for some additional kids a week ago. Never know what they ended up with. I'm sure someone will come on saying how great they look and how good they'll be but, realistically, no one will know until they line up against others. They may have minimal competition at the Blatant fall tourney which could help build confidence if they can win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team has not had first practice yet, so how can anyone answer that.
There is very little you will know about any teams this early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team has not had first practice yet, so how can anyone answer that.
There is very little you will know about any teams this early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy EELs look great this year should be the top team in 2026.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funniest thing i've heard in a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bahahaha. I think we all needed that joke to liven things up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Who are the EELS never heard of them ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend told me that the 2026 Shore 2 Shore tryout killed it last night.. over 60 kids. Lots of Igloo helmets. Good for them!

Sure. We all believe you....

Whoever wrote this can laugh all they want.. it doesn’t matter if this angry soul believes it, or not... Shore2Shore picked up some serious talent for many of their teams, which was evident at the first organization practices... will it translate to wins in AA tournaments? Time will tell..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets Hope S2S is at B Fall Jam with every other good Li Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

Just because your club didn’t get the numbers and had to foldntou don’t need to post this on every age thread. You get what you pay for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because your club didn’t get the numbers and had to foldntou don’t need to post this on every age thread. You get what you pay for

Its not a secret. Read through the blogs and you will find the discussions where tuition costs for clubs were listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with this legacy team , must be a new parent from a team that there kid didn’t make , the team was a B team last year that played in a A tournaments and lost more than they won because they go away and don’t stay on the island and play 91 express igloo and still lost out of state. Stop saying they look great who really cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age is completely dominated by 3 teams... Express, 91, and maybe Igloo. No other team is remotely in the same league...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age is completely dominated by 3 teams... Express, 91, and maybe Igloo. No other team is remotely in the same league...

Who cares.
At this point the majority have committed their kids to a team. Hopefully you have some good coaches, play in some fun tournaments, and your kid improves. Relax and have fun watching your 10-11 year old play. Otherwise you are wasting the little time you have with your kid while he is young.
Have a great season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and paying 4K plus for each team . Who cares stop living thru your kid. Bet your kid never rides his bike too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and paying 4K plus for each team . Who cares stop living thru your kid. Bet your kid never rides his bike too.

People care. 35+ kids are on the Express team. I will say the team goes non stop and practice wise it’s a ton. So is it better to be on a team that has the minimum number of practices or be on team that has like 50-70 practices and playing time is tough to come by.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People care. 35+ kids are on the Express team. I will say the team goes non stop and practice wise it’s a ton. So is it better to be on a team that has the minimum number of practices or be on team that has like 50-70 practices and playing time is tough to come by.

28 on Express. 91 will have the same number +/- 1 or 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still an absurd amount to carry. What's the benefit in that for the players/parents? Paying all that money just to say your with Express or 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I agree the rising price of these organizations is getting out of hand this year. Ill respond with an example using my family. I have 2 sons. One is a very good player (still has much to learn) and plays for one of the top teams in this age group. My older son who is a good player but doesn't play for a top tier team as he didn't make it so he is playing for a smaller organization but a decent club. We pay more than double the price of my younger son than my older. What we get for the money is night and day.
-youngest practices / trains 3 days a week while my oldest practices once a week. (this is key)
-youngest gets 3 coaches, 1 for each position. None of the coaches have kids on the team, oldest gets 2 coaches. One is a great coach the other is a Dad coach
-youngest gets 10 tournaments while my oldest will get 6.
-Swag items, my youngest gets everything. my youngest gets a uniform, shooting shirt.

My family is not rich by any means but when it comes to my sons wanting to play and allowing them to play and train to the best of their abilities I think the choice is clear when I had to make it.

I do think there are people (parents mostly) that throw around the fact that their son plays for 91, Express thinking it a thing of stature. I cant stand those people.And trust me my youngest has a few of them on his team.

Now if my youngest says to me next season I don't want to play anymore I may just disown him! LOL It would hurt (a lot) but in the end I do all of this for them. And I want them to be excited for what ever they do.

Still an absurd amount to carry. What's the benefit in that for the players/parents? Paying all that money just to say your with Express or 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I agree the rising price of these organizations is getting out of hand this year. Ill respond with an example using my family. I have 2 sons. One is a very good player (still has much to learn) and plays for one of the top teams in this age group. My older son who is a good player but doesn't play for a top tier team as he didn't make it so he is playing for a smaller organization but a decent club. We pay more than double the price of my younger son than my older. What we get for the money is night and day.
-youngest practices / trains 3 days a week while my oldest practices once a week. (this is key)
-youngest gets 3 coaches, 1 for each position. None of the coaches have kids on the team, oldest gets 2 coaches. One is a great coach the other is a Dad coach
-youngest gets 10 tournaments while my oldest will get 6.
-Swag items, my youngest gets everything. my youngest gets a uniform, shooting shirt.

My family is not rich by any means but when it comes to my sons wanting to play and allowing them to play and train to the best of their abilities I think the choice is clear when I had to make it.

I do think there are people (parents mostly) that throw around the fact that their son plays for 91, Express thinking it a thing of stature. I cant stand those people.And trust me my youngest has a few of them on his team.

Now if my youngest says to me next season I don't want to play anymore I may just disown him! LOL It would hurt (a lot) but in the end I do all of this for them. And I want them to be excited for what ever they do.

10 tournaments is way too much. Guess every weekend in spring and summer your on the lacrosse field with either son. I belive no kid at 10 years old rather go to the beach , splish slash , BBQs at home insead of playing 10 tournaments .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
10 tournaments is way too much. Guess every weekend in spring and summer your on the lacrosse field with either son. I believe no kid at 10 years old rather go to the beach , splish slash , BBQs at home insead of playing 10 tournaments . [/quote]

No we still have our weekends. At his age they generally play on Sat late / mornings (though this will change this year). We usually have the rest of Sat and Sundays. If hes not at Lacrosse on the weekends hes out riding his bikes, playing wiffle ball in the street with friends. And haven't missed a bbq yet! Yes we don't go to the beach but that because I hate the beach. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having 10 tournaments makes it sound like you're getting your money's worth. But if your kid is on the 4th or 5th line, its just covering up the real issue of having such a large squad and getting minimal playing time when there's a blowout. Kids at this age are better served getting training they need and doing half the amount of tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having 10 tournaments makes it sound like you're getting your money's worth. But if your kid is on the 4th or 5th line, its just covering up the real issue of having such a large squad and getting minimal playing time when there's a blowout. Kids at this age are better served getting training they need and doing half the amount of tournaments.

10 tournaments is not a lot. 2 or 3 fall, 2 or 3 Winter/Spring (box or field), and 5 Summer. You can do that and still be done be the first or second week of July. Get on a team that offers that and it'll be easier to cut that club check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10 tournaments is not a lot. 2 or 3 fall, 2 or 3 Winter/Spring (box or field), and 5 Summer. You can do that and still be done be the first or second week of July. Get on a team that offers that and it'll be easier to cut that club check.

I was the one that responded. Yes the 10 is broken up between Fall, Spring and Summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little advice, a D1 player is made off the field not on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Knights have a 2026 team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered