BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 309 of 327 1 2 307 308 309 310 311 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your kidding right........youth basketball has more "bad actors" than any other sport. Agents working through AAU coaches, college coaches making under the table payments, shoe companies paying AAU coaches for access to youth players. And I'm sure you don't want to talk about re-class, prep schools, kids from other countries (related to their real age), roster manipulation, 1 and done athletes, do I need to continue. Listen, go talk soccer or basketball all you want. Compared to those sports Lax is much "cleaner" than those sports.

That has nothing to do with running a quality national tournament that actually means something. The JR. NBA tournament was an amazing experience for both the players and parents. In addition the kids got amazing exposure playing on 3 Fox channels nationally everyday. I mean, I guess streaming on FB is cool. I know you are the defender of everything lax but US Lacrosse has no real control over the sport, clubs do. With that said, their “National” tournament stinks.

Not comparing basketball, lacrosse or soccer as a whole. Just national tournaments. So instead of being quick with your twitter fingers you should read the post and step out of your lax bubble.

All organizations have bad apples.

[/quote]

Since you are an authority...... enlighten us about the soccer national championship. Please include youth, u13, u14, u15, and HS. Or are you all about some useless Jr NBA nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a friend of mine has a daughter that asked CR for a letter of recommendation for her CR asked them for $1500 !!!! wth is that BS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK
Your friend!!!!!
Please find your own site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a friend of mine has a daughter that asked CR for a letter of recommendation for her CR asked them for $1500 !!!! wth is that BS

This can't be written by an adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows this is a blatant lie!! CR would NEVER do that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

[/quote]

Write a letter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is a piece of garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]a friend of mine has a daughter that asked CR for a letter of recommendation for her CR asked them for $1500 !!!! wth is that BS

Bahahaha, right. I heard this is true right from the mouths of parents of Blue players. What I was told is you pay if you are not from Northport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know someone that works with her. She does ask for $ for rec letters. Not sure how much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody care about Jr NBA....go away

The cult has no desire to improve and likes useless tournaments to pad CR's pockets

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where it goes to a worthy cause, I have no objections to the schedule for Lax Against Eating Disorders looking more like an inter-squad scrimmage than a tournament/showcase, but CR charging up to $1.5K per team when the list price is $750 feels excessive. To be fair, maybe she's cutting a large check to the cause on top of steering all her teams to the event? In that case her actions would be admirable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where it goes to a worthy cause, I have no objections to the schedule for Lax Against Eating Disorders looking more like an inter-squad scrimmage than a tournament/showcase, but CR charging up to $1.5K per team when the list price is $750 feels excessive. To be fair, maybe she's cutting a large check to the cause on top of steering all her teams to the event? In that case her actions would be admirable.

She's cutting a check alright. To herself. You know it or you wouldn't be posting and so does everyone else. Yet, people keep paying her and she's happy to take their money ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
apologies for the dumb question....with 2027 YJ tryouts next weekend, how do they field a team in a tournament this past weekend? or all the other teams for that matter? was there secret pre tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
apologies for the dumb question....with 2027 YJ tryouts next weekend, how do they field a team in a tournament this past weekend? or all the other teams for that matter? was there secret pre tryout?

there were girls that played on a mix team 2026/2027 They tried out last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another cash grab yesterday, rostering 16 kids at $100 a piece when the tournament is only $600 a team.

The coach for my daughter's friend's team didn't show and didn't tell anyone she wouldn't be there. Some random dad had to step in unexpectedly.

Nothing new here and I'm part of the problem for supporting this organization longer than I should have when I clearly know better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another cash grab yesterday, rostering 16 kids at $100 a piece when the tournament is only $600 a team.

The coach for my daughter's friend's team didn't show and didn't tell anyone she wouldn't be there. Some random dad had to step in unexpectedly.

Nothing new here and I'm part of the problem for supporting this organization longer than I should have when I clearly know better.

1st step is admitting you have a problem....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If paying online, you have to factor in the processing fees (5% + $.30 to $1.00 per transaction) so say $1500 and then paying for coaches which is $200-300 per coach per event plus practices so maybe $300-$400 profit.... A lot of other teams out there charge a lot more than this - this seems fair running a business which also involves more overhead costs (i.e. insurance, corp fees, marketing, phone, travel, field rentals and the list goes on) $100 to play in a tournament is more than fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love to hear the explanation for the $500+ vig for a letter of recommendation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That same team where the coach was a no show was asked to bring their own balls to practice this year and to chip in for the cost of having a porta potty at the practice field. That's tremendous overhead management, HBS material!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxislife

If paying online, you have to factor in the processing fees (5% + $.30 to $1.00 per transaction) so say $1500 and then paying for coaches which is $200-300 per coach per event plus practices so maybe $300-$400 profit.... A lot of other teams out there charge a lot more than this - this seems fair running a business which also involves more overhead costs (i.e. insurance, corp fees, marketing, phone, travel, field rentals and the list goes on) $100 to play in a tournament is more than fair.

Which flavor Kool-aid is your favorite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That same team where the coach was a no show was asked to bring their own balls to practice this year and to chip in for the cost of having a porta potty at the practice field. That's tremendous overhead management, HBS material!

That can’t possibly be true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you know the money doesn't go towards securing a field permit since the practices were on fields that didn't even have permits......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has to be a lie. Clearly a hater with an axe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to hand it to these club directors. They make fools of us all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love to have the IRS look into the books of these clubs. They order a porta potty. Call it an expense. Collect cash to pay for it. Interesting accounting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love to have the IRS look into the books of these clubs. They order a porta potty. Call it an expense. Collect cash to pay for it. Interesting accounting.

Even better, the porta potty disappeared a week or two later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who asks for a letter of recommendation from a club director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it's true. You have to bring your own ball to tryouts. With your name on it, like you're ever getting it back. Are you kidding? What a joke. Other organizations show up with cases of lacrosse balls at tryouts. Other organizations give coaches a bag with brand new balls. One year, when we were still at YJ before we saw through the sham, we bought our coach a bucket of lacrosse balls so she didn't have to go into her pocket to train our kids. How about those quality uniforms, er pinnies they give the younger girls? Rich. All to kiss CR's butt and get half-rate coaching with overloaded teams that dads have to step in and coach half the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it's true. You have to bring your own ball to tryouts. With your name on it, like you're ever getting it back. Are you kidding? What a joke. Other organizations show up with cases of lacrosse balls at tryouts. Other organizations give coaches a bag with brand new balls. One year, when we were still at YJ before we saw through the sham, we bought our coach a bucket of lacrosse balls so she didn't have to go into her pocket to train our kids. How about those quality uniforms, er pinnies they give the younger girls? Rich. All to kiss CR's butt and get half-rate coaching with overloaded teams that dads have to step in and coach half the time.

Please tell us the club your kid plays at now .While I agree many of the coaches are not good neither are they at any other club . Essentially you pay for a connection to college coaches and YJ still has way more connections than any other LI club .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she's a teacher and a hs coach too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your information is incorrect.The coaches DO NOT GET PAID. Nice try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That same team where the coach was a no show was asked to bring their own balls to practice this year and to chip in for the cost of having a porta potty at the practice field. That's tremendous overhead management, HBS material!

Why don't you just write CR on the lacrosse ball you bring to tryouts do you know how hard it is to get your daughters name off the ball when its written with a sharpie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your information is incorrect.The coaches DO NOT GET PAID. Nice try

Of course you don't get paid, otherwise you maybe would have shown up this past weekend.

Let me know where I can pick up my ball and my porta potty refund?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she's a teacher and a hs coach too.

Okay,who asks for a letter of recommendation from their hs coach or a gym teacher. Yes YJ coaches get paid, the mommy daddy coaches may not get aid and just get free tuition and the ability to act like fools and only high light their kids and friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't the stunad DODO just go away, Don't need 3 coaches on our 2021 team. Tried to beg his kid on to the Bert team but was denied.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i cannot for the life of me understand why you guys continue to drop and waste money on this club given various options in long island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i cannot for the life of me understand why you guys continue to drop and waste money on this club given various options in long island

You go DK!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They average 4 red cards per game. Biggest thugs in girls lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is by far the best option on LI on so many levels and it is not even close. But that is only true for the Blue team. It is a no brainer for the first 24 spots, after that you are correct, the rest of the 99% girls on LI need a team to play on too, and there are many various good options from that point on, which include the lower YJ teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is by far the best option on LI on so many levels and it is not even close. But that is only true for the Blue team. It is a no brainer for the first 24 spots, after that you are correct, the rest of the 99% girls on LI need a team to play on too, and there are many various good options from that point on, which include the lower YJ teams.

Unless your daughter is in 8th grade......that team/grade can’t get out of its own way, and is not the best option!

Like Reply Quote
Page 309 of 327 1 2 307 308 309 310 311 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard