BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the elite crew....my opinion of top 10.

WP - have the talent but could backfire. 91 tried something similar in 2022 and it didn't work. Why mess with success?
Legacy - Hard to imagine they don't take a step back. Still elite but not the #1
Express - Oldest team in the age group. can't win wsyl but could roll given team is almost all 2005s including a FEB!
MD91 - Team would be better without the daddy ball. Best D and goalie in the age group
Madlax - Rumor is big mid playing 2023. If that is true they are in trouble.
Bethesda - always add a few holdback every year. not a great year last year. could change this year with some 2023s coming down
Annapolis. Could end up best in the age group. Crushed WP at NLF in June. Will add many early 2005s.
Brotherly Love - Not as skilled but probably best athletes
BBL - Most underrated team. Never see them at top tourneys but legit
Laxachusetts - 2nd Oldest team in the grade. Not very skilled but have size.

There literally isn't one shred of fact in any one of your comments. Not one! Complete and total fiction. I'm not going to play your game and set the record straight, because none of it matters. Everyone of those teams are very good teams, and you missed some, Einstein! We wait and let the boys play the games. Time will tell.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the elite crew....my opinion of top 10.

WP - have the talent but could backfire. 91 tried something similar in 2022 and it didn't work. Why mess with success?
Legacy - Hard to imagine they don't take a step back. Still elite but not the #1
Express - Oldest team in the age group. can't win wsyl but could roll given team is almost all 2005s including a FEB!
MD91 - Team would be better without the daddy ball. Best D and goalie in the age group
Madlax - Rumor is big mid playing 2023. If that is true they are in trouble.
Bethesda - always add a few holdback every year. not a great year last year. could change this year with some 2023s coming down
Annapolis. Could end up best in the age group. Crushed WP at NLF in June. Will add many early 2005s.
Brotherly Love - Not as skilled but probably best athletes
BBL - Most underrated team. Never see them at top tourneys but legit
Laxachusetts - 2nd Oldest team in the grade. Not very skilled but have size.

There literally isn't one shred of fact in any one of your comments. Not one! Complete and total fiction. I'm not going to play your game and set the record straight, because none of it matters. Everyone of those teams are very good teams, and you missed some, Einstein! We wait and let the boys play the games. Time will tell.

I think I said it was opinion.

Here is the watchlist
Primetime. Big improvement. Lots of drama with coach and town politics
Eclipse. Fair share of holdbacks. Talent pool not as deep
Igloo. Can't win a close game when it matters
crabs
2Way
4 leaf
Freedom
NXT

Best of the rest
Outlaws
24 east
s2s

Who am i missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brotherly Love is in a meltdown. rumors of boys leaving and poaching from other teams. the national team is a mess because it was supposed to bring on boys from other Phily area teams and now it is just mostly a combination of their existing A and B team.....can you say $$$$ grab? also just heard that their top Attack is leaving for HHH. Rumors that others may be leaving too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro love not the best 2024 in nation..... maybe 8th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blc lost a good long pole....great kid to madlax. sam #24 moved to madlax 23 team. blc picked up a madlax middie from carolina and a 2023 attack that had been playing up for the club blue team. Blc will be more athletic, bigger and more physical.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

Express and 91 same amount.
Desperate to take any kid that might improve the team and give money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

madlax picked up some good new talent but roster is way too big. got 27 kids fighting for 8 spots. talent will go elsewhere once they realize their playing time is not good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

Wow. Those teams are going to have a bunch of pissed off parents when more than half of both teams don’t see the field in competitive games, which will be ALOT of their games.

Will result in lots of turnover for both teams next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

Fake news. 91 has 23 players. Most ever, but probably less than any other elite team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blc lost a good long pole....great kid to madlax '23 team. blc picked up a madlax middie from carolina and a 2023 attack that had been playing up for the club blue team. Blc will be more athletic, bigger and more physical.

Been hearing a lot about new kid coming over from madlax. Got a glimpse of a kid with madlax helmet at tryouts but he was playing attack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

madlax picked up some good new talent but roster is way too big. got 27 kids fighting for 8 spots. talent will go elsewhere once they realize their playing time is not good.

Madlax 2024 is average at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really shouldn't be talking about a kid, especially when you don't know what you are talking about. The kid is tough as nails. 5 years ago the kid was playing with his older brother on what is now 22s. The kid has been playing up for years. The only reason he played with 24s was because Madlax owner made him. It was only after he started playing with another program that Madlax owner agreed to let him play 23.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blc lost a good long pole....great kid to madlax '23 team. blc picked up a madlax middie from carolina and a 2023 attack that had been playing up for the club blue team. Blc will be more athletic, bigger and more physical.

Been hearing a lot about new kid coming over from madlax. Got a glimpse of a kid with madlax helmet at tryouts but he was playing attack.

Kid is a stud. Played middie mostly for us but really should have been playing attack. No big secret as to why that was; just read other posts. He was underutilized IMO and will be a big loss, especially with the loss of our other middie who's playing up with 23s. Hate to see him go but don't blame him. Next spring will be very interesting to say the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 kids on madlax 2024

Madlax 2024 is average at best

Hey, if you can get 28-30 parents to pay thousands of dollars to have their kid play on a team where they may not get a lot of PT because team is too large or because they happen to play same position as owner's kids, then good for you! At the end of the day its a business and if you have customers who are willing to buy what you are selling then why change? My kid plays on Madlax and gets decent PT. However it always puzzles me when i see other parents signing their kids up when they know they will be on the sideline most of the season. Parents know what they are signing up for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is a stud. Played middie mostly for us but really should have been playing attack. No big secret as to why that was; just read other posts. He was underutilized IMO and will be a big loss, especially with the loss of our other middie who's playing up with 23s. Hate to see him go but don't blame him. Next spring will be very interesting to say the least.

FYI. Playing on age is not considered playing up, except in MD/DC/VA. I know. A totally foreign concept, right?! Cheating is the culture in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really shouldn't be talking about a kid, especially when you don't know what you are talking about. The kid is tough as nails. 5 years ago the kid was playing with his older brother on what is now 22s. The kid has been playing up for years. The only reason he played with 24s was because Madlax owner made him. It was only after he started playing with another program that Madlax owner agreed to let him play 23.

Cheating dbs to the core!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you southern teams just finished up with tryouts. Do all teams have tryouts at same time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is going to Columbus Day invitational at East Islip marina?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express A and Igloo A will be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you tell me, are there at least 3 kids born in 2006 on that Express team?Just looking for 3???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you tell me, are there at least 3 kids born in 2006 on that Express team?Just looking for 3???

Upset your kid didn't make the 30 something roster? If they are all hold backs how will they play in Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Upset your kid didn't make the 30 something roster? If they are all hold backs how will they play in Denver?

Not upset he is a good player but never had a chance.The A kids r real good players also, but a year older.Just saying how the whole system works, the A teams are flooded with kids that are supposed to be in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not upset he is a good player but never had a chance.The A kids r real good players also, but a year older.Just saying how the whole system works, the A teams are flooded with kids that are supposed to be in 8th grade.

Well, my kid is an A player, on an A team and is not supposed to be in 8th grade. He wasn't always on an A team. Only thing you should care about is if your son is playing on a team where he is having fun and developing. That's how he gets better and loves the sport.

And you are completely wrong about the Express A team being old kids. Maybe some are fall 2005, but 75% of that team is 2006. Just good players. So stop with the jealousy and find a good team for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the age parameters for the WSYL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, my kid is an A player, on an A team and is not supposed to be in 8th grade. He wasn't always on an A team. Only thing you should care about is if your son is playing on a team where he is having fun and developing. That's how he gets better and loves the sport.

And you are completely wrong about the Express A team being old kids. Maybe some are fall 2005, but 75% of that team is 2006. Just good players. So stop with the jealousy and find a good team for your son.

100% serious! Not jealousy.I know the team very well. And my son is on a very good team.That being said 95% of that team were born in 2005. Please don't get so defensive but that's a fact.again all VERY good lacrosse players but 2005's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express A and Igloo A will be there[/quote]

Can you tell me, are there at least 3 kids born in 2006 on that Express team?Just looking for 3???[/quote]

Upset your kid didn't make the 30 something roster? If they are all hold backs how will they play in Denver?[/quote]

Not upset he is a good player but never had a chance.The A kids r real good players also, but a year older.Just saying how the whole system works, the A teams are flooded with kids that are supposed to be in 8th grade.[/quote]

And you are completely wrong about the Express A team being old kids. Maybe some are fall 2005, but 75% of that team is 2006. Just good players. So stop with the jealousy and find a good team for your son.[/quote]

100% serious! Not jealousy.I know the team very well. And my son is on a very good team.That being said 95% of that team were born in 2005. Please don't get so defensive but that's a fact.again all VERY good lacrosse players but 2005's[/quote]

Again, WRONG! Fall 2005 does not mean they are hold backs. 98% of the kids on that team are completely legal for the WSYL. Just jealously! Kids born in December 2005 are suppose to be in the 7th grade according to 99% of the schools. Are those kids hold backs too because they are born in December? You look for any angle to complain.
The cut off is September 2005.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you tell me, are there at least 3 kids born in 2006 on that Express team?Just looking for 3???[/quote]

And you are completely wrong about the Express A team being old kids. Maybe some are fall 2005, but 75% of that team is 2006. Just good players. So stop with the jealousy and find a good team for your son.[/quote]

100% serious! Not jealousy.I know the team very well. And my son is on a very good team.That being said 95% of that team were born in 2005. Please don't get so defensive but that's a fact.again all VERY good lacrosse players but 2005's[/quote]

Again, WRONG! Fall 2005 does not mean they are hold backs. 98% of the kids on that team are completely legal for the WSYL. Just jealously! Kids born in December 2005 are suppose to be in the 7th grade according to 99% of the schools. Are those kids hold backs too because they are born in December? You look for any angle to complain.
The cut off is September 2005. [/quote]

Schwalje has 5 boys not wsyl eligible with bdays from feb-july 05. They won't win in Denver but they will be tough to beat in the usual grade based tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schwalje has 5 boys not wsyl eligible with bdays from feb-july 05. They won't win in Denver but they will be tough to beat in the usual grade based tourneys.[/quote]

Doesn’t seem logical to me that Express would have 5 starters not going to WSYL. That’s a huge chunk of a team, assuming they are all significant contributors. I don’t see them winning anything with out 5 key players. Thinking that number is total BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schwalje has 5 boys not wsyl eligible with bdays from feb-july 05. They won't win in Denver but they will be tough to beat in the usual grade based tourneys.[/quote]

Doesn’t seem logical to me that Express would have 5 starters not going to WSYL. That’s a huge chunk of a team, assuming they are all significant contributors. I don’t see them winning anything with out 5 key players. Thinking that number is total BS.
[/quote]

It’s only not logical in the Denver year. Otherwise doesn’t matter. Express decides to try and compete anyway while all the MD teams and laxachusetts don’t bother. Yes we will be short 5 of our best players but still can compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

There is no secret. If you actually read the threads peopke disclosed the tuition costs a long time ago after tryouts.
You have posted this on every blog thread here. But its an old discussion that everyone knows about now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% serious! Not jealousy.I know the team very well. And my son is on a very good team.That being said 95% of that team were born in 2005. Please don't get so defensive but that's a fact.again all VERY good lacrosse players but 2005's

[/quote]

It’s only not logical in the Denver year. Otherwise doesn’t matter. Express decides to try and compete anyway while all the MD teams and laxachusetts don’t bother. Yes we will be short 5 of our best players but still can compete. [/quote]

Again this practice of having 90%-95% 2005's on all the AA teams is overwhelmingly ridiculous. And to the previous poster that said fall DOB's are not hold backs?Um you are WRONG!.Unless its December.I understand they Qualify for WYSL .And what about the 2006's that have fall dob's that were not held back playing 2024?? So where exactly do they fall into this equation? Playing behind/with kids 1 yr older is a huge difference developmentally and physically. Just checking this is YOUTH sports?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. It will go up by at least that. Again. If your kid is on a good team, especially an elite team, and your family is happy there, they (the club) basically has us by the short hairs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

It’s only not logical in the Denver year. Otherwise doesn’t matter. Express decides to try and compete anyway while all the MD teams and laxachusetts don’t bother. Yes we will be short 5 of our best players but still can compete. [/quote]

Correct, but this is the Denver year, so it most definitely matters, especially to larger, established (NLF) teams like Express. That championship is a BIG TIME boon to business. If what you are saying is accurate, there are a whole bunch of people on that team that are going to spend a boat load of money to go to Denver, without a prayer of winning that tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may seem like that to you, since you're pissed off because your son didn't make Express, but to say A teams are flooded with 2005's, on Long Island, isn't accurate. I'm very familiar with both the Taz and WP teams and neither team has a child that is ineligible for the WSYL. They will be at the games, full strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may seem like that to you, since you're pissed off because your son didn't make Express, but to say A teams are flooded with 2005's, on Long Island, isn't accurate. I'm very familiar with both the Taz and WP teams and neither team has a child that is ineligible for the WSYL. They will be at the games, full strength.

I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.[/quote]

WP parent here. The team picked up two Fall 05's at tryout, which totals two 05's on the team. With 23 players on the team, that's approximately 8% of the team are 05's, which means... 92% of the team have 06 DOB's. Previous to this year, it was always... 100% 06 DOB's.

So, saying that the vast concentration of players are from 05, or 95% of the players on AA teams have 05 DOB's, that is simply a myth, spread by people on here, who's kid was cut by these top teams. Myth dispelled!

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point was that there is a high concentrate of 2005's on the AA teams. And there are! I agree that most of the boys will qualify for WSYL. But there is something to be said about having kids play on age. Taz has a big number of 05's, and I know wp has mostly 06's I give them a lot of credit.But they got out-sized last year and this year the puberty thing will be overwhelming to them. So they go and grab a big strong 05 from Express. If you cant beat them join them.

WP parent here. The team picked up two Fall 05's at tryout, which totals two 05's on the team. With 23 players on the team, that's approximately 8% of the team are 05's, which means... 92% of the team have 06 DOB's. Previous to this year, it was always... 100% 06 DOB's.

So, saying that the vast concentration of players are from 05, or 95% of the players on AA teams have 05 DOB's, that is simply a myth, spread by people on here, who's kid was cut by these top teams. Myth dispelled!

Only referring to Long Island here. I'm sure that the 95% number is pretty close to accurate for all the MD teams.
[/quote]

I have nothing to do with either team but what makes a player not eligible . My son is is November birthday but started 1st grade the next year would be be a hold back ? School cut off is Dec 1st. What is the cut cut off month ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have nothing to do with either team but what makes a player not eligible . My son is is November birthday but started 1st grade the next year would be be a hold back ? School cut off is Dec 1st. What is the cut cut off month ?[/quote]

December 1st is the cut off date in NY State. If he was born on or after Dec 1st, he would have to be in the grade above. Kids born between Sept 1st and November 31st have the choice. So, is your son a holdback? Technically, yes, because he could have gone in the older grade, if you and your wife had not chosen to... hold him back. Kinda self explanatory, huh??

It's a tough birthday though. Should your son be young for his grade or old for his grade? Those are your choices? Totally depends upon your 5 year olds maturity level. Hopefully parents aren't thinking, hmmm I'll keep my 5 year old home another year, so he can have an advantage over other kids in sports, as he is growing up. But, I'm sure some people do.

Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard