Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 09/24/18 09:47 PM
Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 09/24/18 09:24 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 09/24/18 09:05 PM
Boys 2028-3rd Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 09/24/18 08:52 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous. 09/24/18 08:48 PM
Girls 2020-11th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 09/24/18 08:31 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics1,375
Posts235,899
Members2,026
Most Online5,209
Aug 23rd, 2018
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272701
09/13/18 02:37 PM
09/13/18 02:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid top player, not on a top club team. He got $22,000 A year athletic money.

That sounds about right if it is a expensive private U.

Example: College Expense: $60K
Team has 12.6 scholarships: = $756K
They offer money to 33 of the likely 42 on the roser = $22K
Key is that it is a private school less at a in state public school.
That covers the cost of five season of club ball.

My kid is a top player on a good club team, now a sophomore at a top 50 public. He gets 30k athletic.

First, there are not 50 public schools playing D1 lacrosse. I assume you mean a top 50 public university over all. Based on the amount of the athletic scholarship 30K I would also assume he is paying out of state tuition. It is very unlikely that an player will receive 30K of in state money which would essentially be a full ride. There would be no reason for an AD to approve this for a non revenue sport. Not to mention why a coach we need to as most top players are not getting a full ride. Many schools can "stack" financial or merit scholarships to get close. Of course this excludes the service academies which is a totally different situation. Most good to great players such as UA AA will likely be offered 20-30% in athletic money. How many tewaaraton finalists do you think get a full athletic scholarship?

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272731
09/14/18 09:47 AM
09/14/18 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid top player, not on a top club team. He got $22,000 A year athletic money.

My kid is a top player on a good club team, now a sophomore at a top 50 public. He gets 30k athletic.

First, there are not 50 public schools playing D1 lacrosse. I assume you mean a top 50 public university over all. Based on the amount of the athletic scholarship 30K I would also assume he is paying out of state tuition. It is very unlikely that an player will receive 30K of in state money which would essentially be a full ride. There would be no reason for an AD to approve this for a non revenue sport. Not to mention why a coach we need to as most top players are not getting a full ride. Many schools can "stack" financial or merit scholarships to get close. Of course this excludes the service academies which is a totally different situation. Most good to great players such as UA AA will likely be offered 20-30% in athletic money. How many tewaaraton finalists do you think get a full athletic scholarship?

Said Virginia men's coach Dom Starsia: "If you take our Tewaaraton Award winners — Matt Ward, Chris Rotelli and Steele Stanwick — and added them all together, it might equal a little more than one full scholarship."

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272745
09/14/18 12:27 PM
09/14/18 12:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said Virginia men's coach Dom Starsia: "If you take our Tewaaraton Award winners — Matt Ward, Chris Rotelli and Steele Stanwick — and added them all together, it might equal a little more than one full scholarship."

Those are lies. On my sons team alone, I know 2 kids getting over 50% athletic money. My son is one of them. I also know kids including my son who were asked to transfer, and get upwards of 70% to make it worth there while. Funny how money appears when it's needed.

Reply Quote
(NA) Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272746
09/14/18 12:42 PM
09/14/18 12:42 PM
T
TM@BOTC Online content OP
Back of THE CAGE
TM@BOTC  Online Content OP
Back of THE CAGE
T

Those are lies. On my sons team alone, I know 2 kids getting over 50% athletic money. My son is one of them. I also know kids including my son who were asked to transfer, and get upwards of 70% to make it worth there while. Funny how money appears when it's needed.

In the 'perfect, ideal' situation, among the 12.6 scholarships that are allocated among the 4 recruiting classes, there would be 12 1/4 athletic scholarships but there are obviously players who receive less and those who receive more. Very seldom will they offer a full scholarship but there are cases when schools will sacrifice 1 of the 12.6 for someone they see a lot of value you or due to different circumstances. When I went to STJ, I was a player who received 100% athletic money for all 4 years of school and knew players only receiving book money, a few grand and the rest in between 1/4 - .1/2 athletic money so it is possible. Remember, this doesn't happen often and not every D1 school is fully funded such as Providence & Villanova.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272747
09/14/18 12:46 PM
09/14/18 12:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted the second comment but not the UVA quote. Nothing in the post I made is something I would describe as a lie. I do not know your son or his friends. However your claim would be more believable were it not for mathematics.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #272823
09/17/18 07:02 AM
09/17/18 07:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022 Maverick invites are done. Does anybody know the process? Obviously no tryout or application. Do the organizers go straight to the clubs and ask for nominees?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #272860
09/17/18 10:54 PM
09/17/18 10:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember if your kid is smart and gets over 1200 on SAT the school can easily stack athletic and academic $$. And actually stack more $$ or much of it towards academic if needed. Under 1200 not sure how NCAA looks at how the $$ are allocated

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #272862
09/18/18 06:06 AM
09/18/18 06:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, in order best new lax clubs on longisland?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #272878
09/18/18 10:02 AM
09/18/18 10:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best Box Lacrosse for the winter? Suggestions please. T

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272882
09/18/18 10:52 AM
09/18/18 10:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best new lacrosse club? You looking for justification on making a switch to a new team? No one can (or should) answer that until the season starts and we see the talent and results.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272886
09/18/18 11:30 AM
09/18/18 11:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best new lacrosse club? You looking for justification on making a switch to a new team? No one can (or should) answer that until the season starts and we see the talent and results.

Too many variables. How about best value, best college exposure, best coaching, etc, etc.

College exposure
Express, 91, fl$. They are most recognized brands on a national level. And they get the best players and most recruits. For example, did any other Li club’s players get a Maverick invitation? Are any players from True Blue, Force, Rebels, United, Empire, going? These clubs all have very good players on there rosters. I would think maybe a few from Legacy and Igloo got them, but I would gues 91, Express and fl$ got a lot.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272890
09/18/18 11:58 AM
09/18/18 11:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best Box Lacrosse for the winter? Suggestions please. T

On Long Island, its NOTB , North of the Border

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272914
09/18/18 04:57 PM
09/18/18 04:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many variables. How about best value, best college exposure, best coaching, etc, etc.

College exposure
Express, 91, fl$. They are most recognized brands on a national level. And they get the best players and most recruits. For example, did any other Li club’s players get a Maverick invitation? Are any players from True Blue, Force, Rebels, United, Empire, going? These clubs all have very good players on there rosters. I would think maybe a few from Legacy and Igloo got them, but I would gues 91, Express and fl$ got a lot.

FL$??? They stink!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #272946
09/19/18 10:31 AM
09/19/18 10:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HELLO PEOPLE ! Why are we talking about college in a 2022 forum. I'm gonna let my son enjoy his last few years of lacrosse before we have to start thinking about this BS. My son attends a private school and will be fine with recruiters, according to the school he is "on the radar" and is already being looked at but again I could care less at this time !

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #272950
09/19/18 10:55 AM
09/19/18 10:55 AM
L
LaxrFanatic Online content
Back of THE CAGE
LaxrFanatic  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
L

College exposure

FL$??? They stink!

Yea, fl$ has been dying a slow death and have not been relevant in years now, just look at the list of their college commitments. As for other LI Clubs, there are other good teams that get invites due to having a strong program/teams & politics b/c lets face it, it's all about who you know. TB's director is a D2 head coach and has connections. 365 Lax only carries showcase teams but they have gotten players invited & will continue to and igloo has been around for a while with a strong 2021 team on the rise which will help them repair their reputation since their 18-20 squad weren't perennial power teams (I also think their 19's folded last year) & the Outlaws are also in that conversation & I am sure if they had 1 kid they wanted to lobby for, they can get them in. But the obvious ones are Express, 91 & Legacy from a national perspective at all age levels with these new teams + Empire, Force, etc., not drawing that level of merit.

Box Lacrossse on LI = NOTB. Great program, affordable rates.

Reply Quote
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification