BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it taboo on this board to list which fall tournaments your club will be heading to?

No. Go ahead.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid is good, athletic and tall! He can always recruit or bring one up for the other 2 teams.

Who would was to be a back up goalie for Chan? Talk about zero plating time!

They took a second goalie from the incoming Chaminade class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid is good, athletic and tall! He can always recruit or bring one up for the other 2 teams.

Wrong. Igloo goalie they took.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. The one going to Chaminade next year. Not from Crommy’s team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DID IGLOO WIN A TOURNAMENT LAST YEAR? THE ANSWER IS NO.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DID IGLOO WIN A TOURNAMENT LAST YEAR? THE ANSWER IS NO.

So WHY are you asking if you know the answer????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the movement in the li lax community this year, and everybody posting on here being a expert, let's see a list best to worse for the up coming season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the movement in the li lax community this year, and everybody posting on here being a expert, let's see a list best to worse for the up coming season!

No need. If your son has a desire to play in HS and beyond... are you with a club that can help him achieve his goals? It’s that simple at this age. He has to want it as well. No fortnight 8 hours a day, replace an hour or two with wall ball, push ups, pull ups. Sit ups and running. No secret sauce or agility classes needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Man_Up
4,000.00 is ludicrous

Along with the entire youth travel lacrosse culture. Some charge $40-50/hr for private lessons, tax free! And you know they are making well over the thresh-hold not to pay taxes.

The only way it stops is if we the parents stop paying the outrageous cost of travel lacrosse but we all know the parents with too much money feel their child will be better off playing for a travel team and paying 4k. It has to stop sometime or we will all be paying 6k before you know it!

Too many kids in school teams still cannot catch and throw and have no clue how to get a GB in a scrum. The better players need opportunities to play with kids who have similar skills... travel gets you there. Yes prices are crazy but my kid is not going to get any better playing with kids who have a huge drop off in skill level... at least that is how it is in our school district

Every parent will not boycott playing club so you will see the tuition to increase every year & when the more teams fold (i.e. Bluefish, Dodgers, LI Pride, etc) or get bought out such as the Jesters & Stampede did by 91 among other programs they own, there will only be around 8 key programs around on the island who can then set the marketplace at a figure that will be well over 5k a player... A developmental program/league needs to created like they have in Soccer to have a governing body that is making a small profit to provide different levels of play on a national stage otherwise these private programs will continue to make 40-50k per team which is erroneous even though I am a capitalist and believe these programs deserve to make money however, when they are making 150%-300% profit margins, that's when I think it crosses the line.

But I agree with the other poster with getting private lessons.I want to say that the club coaches don't give the individual attention necessary but it is difficult when managing 20-22 kids & when their jobs are to get the Team prepared with team offense/defense, man-up/man-down, clearing, riding and other schemes so Private Lessons are good for players all any merit..Look at the top pro athletes in the world and still continue to hire a swing coach (golf) (tennis) & many other sports because everyone can enhance their game plus it pushes the athlete beyond their tolerance therefore improving their game.

--------------------------------------

Very well said... funny that my son's soccer trainer (he plays club soccer as well) thought LI Lacrosse programs were far more developed and more organized than LI Soccer programs. He is originally from the west coast

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What fall tournaments/invitationals are teams signed up for??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some guidance from parents that have had sons go through the recruiting process already. Would you have your son play on a AA team as a backup with little chance of playing time during the summer tournament season or play on an A/B+ team as a key contributor that doesn't leave the field? Pros and cons of both?

Thanks in advance!

Dad in Nassau County with a 2022 son that is looking for feedback.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking for some guidance from parents that have had sons go through the recruiting process already. Would you have your son play on a AA team as a backup with little chance of playing time during the summer tournament season or play on an A/B+ team as a key contributor that doesn't leave the field? Pros and cons of both?

Thanks in advance!

Valid question.. Here are the pros and cons:
1a) Being a Backup won't help you get your son that much exposure being on a AA team & 1b) Depends which team you are inquiring about b/c not all AA programs go to the 'right' events
2) If you were to have said strong A team then I would have also said depends on the program but if it is an A/B+ team, the likelihood of getting exposure At Least from the D1 Colleges will be very difficult.
3) Considering your son is a 2022 Grad, he still has time and my advice would find a reputable team that attends good recruiting events so that he can get some exposure from the D2/D3 programs OR to play up with the AA team to practice against better competition and then attend individual Showcases where your son can then be sure to get on the coaches radars.

Just my opinion and advice based on what I have gone through

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks in advance!

Tough question to answer. Can point out pro's & con's.

Depending on which program your son plays for, it may help to stay with that program and hopefully your son will earn a spot for his sophomore year which is arguably the most important year. Nevertheless, see what your son wants to do because at a lot of these Team Showcases (if the club team your son plays for attends them & good ones), the D1's will most likely glimpse at 2022's while D2/D3's will be looking heavily at the Juniors and some Sophomores because they know their biggest challenge are the D1 coaches.

Nevertheless, attend a few individual recruiting showcases so your son can be seen by a variety of schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Man_Up

Thanks in advance!

Tough question to answer. Can point out pro's & con's.

Depending on which program your son plays for, it may help to stay with that program and hopefully your son will earn a spot for his sophomore year which is arguably the most important year. Nevertheless, see what your son wants to do because at a lot of these Team Showcases (if the club team your son plays for attends them & good ones), the D1's will most likely glimpse at 2022's while D2/D3's will be looking heavily at the Juniors and some Sophomores because they know their biggest challenge are the D1 coaches.

Nevertheless, attend a few individual recruiting showcases so your son can be seen by a variety of schools.

Coaches are not looking at 2022s this year. Maybe next fall at the soonest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516

Thanks in advance!

Valid question.. Here are the pros and cons:
1a) Being a Backup won't help you get your son that much exposure being on a AA team & 1b) Depends which team you are inquiring about b/c not all AA programs go to the 'right' events
2) If you were to have said strong A team then I would have also said depends on the program but if it is an A/B+ team, the likelihood of getting exposure At Least from the D1 Colleges will be very difficult.
3) Considering your son is a 2022 Grad, he still has time and my advice would find a reputable team that attends good recruiting events so that he can get some exposure from the D2/D3 programs OR to play up with the AA team to practice against better competition and then attend individual Showcases where your son can then be sure to get on the coaches radars.

Just my opinion and advice based on what I have gone through

Interesting Question - the bottom line is your kid has to be seen to be recruited. Being a good practice player on a AA team might be good for their skills but he has to be playing in Tournaments and showcases. I would move to an A Team as long as they are committed to playing in the Big Name Tournaments and Showcases. Don't Panic, colleges coaches are looking at 2020's now and just stating on 2021's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all B.S. and a money grab. Your kid will not get jack [ChillLaxin] for scholarship money even if hes a top 10 player on Long Island. The only reason for all the money we sink into travel lacrosse is hope it will get out kids into a better college. Most of the time it doesn't work ! STOP the madness and stop giving in to the machine !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid top player, not on a top club team. He got $22,000 A year athletic money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, there is a lot of opportunity for money in d1 and d2. But you have to be on the field during games. Highlight videos of standing on the sideline doesn’t work. And junk time vs bad teams isn’t the answer. The college coaches know what they are looking at on film and they aren’t watching blow outs at tourneys. After all, the video intro says what club you play for, but yet there is no highlights of your son on man up/man down or vs other top clubs. Time to stop with being a practice player on the best club and find the right club. Otherwise, it’s a waste of time and money and you’ll regret it IMHO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid top player, not on a top club team. He got $22,000 A year athletic money.

That sounds about right if it is a expensive private U.

Example: College Expense: $60K
Team has 12.6 scholarships: = $756K
They offer money to 33 of the likely 42 on the roser = $22K
Key is that it is a private school less at a in state public school.
That covers the cost of five season of club ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is a top player on a good club team, now a sophomore at a top 50 public. He gets 30k athletic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is a top player on a good club team, now a sophomore at a top 50 public. He gets 30k athletic.

First, there are not 50 public schools playing D1 lacrosse. I assume you mean a top 50 public university over all. Based on the amount of the athletic scholarship 30K I would also assume he is paying out of state tuition. It is very unlikely that an player will receive 30K of in state money which would essentially be a full ride. There would be no reason for an AD to approve this for a non revenue sport. Not to mention why a coach we need to as most top players are not getting a full ride. Many schools can "stack" financial or merit scholarships to get close. Of course this excludes the service academies which is a totally different situation. Most good to great players such as UA AA will likely be offered 20-30% in athletic money. How many tewaaraton finalists do you think get a full athletic scholarship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, there are not 50 public schools playing D1 lacrosse. I assume you mean a top 50 public university over all. Based on the amount of the athletic scholarship 30K I would also assume he is paying out of state tuition. It is very unlikely that an player will receive 30K of in state money which would essentially be a full ride. There would be no reason for an AD to approve this for a non revenue sport. Not to mention why a coach we need to as most top players are not getting a full ride. Many schools can "stack" financial or merit scholarships to get close. Of course this excludes the service academies which is a totally different situation. Most good to great players such as UA AA will likely be offered 20-30% in athletic money. How many tewaaraton finalists do you think get a full athletic scholarship?

Said Virginia men's coach Dom Starsia: "If you take our Tewaaraton Award winners — Matt Ward, Chris Rotelli and Steele Stanwick — and added them all together, it might equal a little more than one full scholarship."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said Virginia men's coach Dom Starsia: "If you take our Tewaaraton Award winners — Matt Ward, Chris Rotelli and Steele Stanwick — and added them all together, it might equal a little more than one full scholarship."

Those are lies. On my sons team alone, I know 2 kids getting over 50% athletic money. My son is one of them. I also know kids including my son who were asked to transfer, and get upwards of 70% to make it worth there while. Funny how money appears when it's needed.

(NA) Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Those are lies. On my sons team alone, I know 2 kids getting over 50% athletic money. My son is one of them. I also know kids including my son who were asked to transfer, and get upwards of 70% to make it worth there while. Funny how money appears when it's needed.

In the 'perfect, ideal' situation, among the 12.6 scholarships that are allocated among the 4 recruiting classes, there would be 12 1/4 athletic scholarships but there are obviously players who receive less and those who receive more. Very seldom will they offer a full scholarship but there are cases when schools will sacrifice 1 of the 12.6 for someone they see a lot of value you or due to different circumstances. When I went to STJ, I was a player who received 100% athletic money for all 4 years of school and knew players only receiving book money, a few grand and the rest in between 1/4 - .1/2 athletic money so it is possible. Remember, this doesn't happen often and not every D1 school is fully funded such as Providence & Villanova.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted the second comment but not the UVA quote. Nothing in the post I made is something I would describe as a lie. I do not know your son or his friends. However your claim would be more believable were it not for mathematics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 Maverick invites are done. Does anybody know the process? Obviously no tryout or application. Do the organizers go straight to the clubs and ask for nominees?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just remember if your kid is smart and gets over 1200 on SAT the school can easily stack athletic and academic $$. And actually stack more $$ or much of it towards academic if needed. Under 1200 not sure how NCAA looks at how the $$ are allocated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, in order best new lax clubs on longisland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Box Lacrosse for the winter? Suggestions please. T

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best new lacrosse club? You looking for justification on making a switch to a new team? No one can (or should) answer that until the season starts and we see the talent and results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best new lacrosse club? You looking for justification on making a switch to a new team? No one can (or should) answer that until the season starts and we see the talent and results.

Too many variables. How about best value, best college exposure, best coaching, etc, etc.

College exposure
Express, 91, fl$. They are most recognized brands on a national level. And they get the best players and most recruits. For example, did any other Li club’s players get a Maverick invitation? Are any players from True Blue, Force, Rebels, United, Empire, going? These clubs all have very good players on there rosters. I would think maybe a few from Legacy and Igloo got them, but I would gues 91, Express and fl$ got a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On Long Island, its NOTB , North of the Border

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many variables. How about best value, best college exposure, best coaching, etc, etc.

College exposure
Express, 91, fl$. They are most recognized brands on a national level. And they get the best players and most recruits. For example, did any other Li club’s players get a Maverick invitation? Are any players from True Blue, Force, Rebels, United, Empire, going? These clubs all have very good players on there rosters. I would think maybe a few from Legacy and Igloo got them, but I would gues 91, Express and fl$ got a lot.

FL$??? They stink!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HELLO PEOPLE ! Why are we talking about college in a 2022 forum. I'm gonna let my son enjoy his last few years of lacrosse before we have to start thinking about this BS. My son attends a private school and will be fine with recruiters, according to the school he is "on the radar" and is already being looked at but again I could care less at this time !

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

College exposure

FL$??? They stink!

Yea, fl$ has been dying a slow death and have not been relevant in years now, just look at the list of their college commitments. As for other LI Clubs, there are other good teams that get invites due to having a strong program/teams & politics b/c lets face it, it's all about who you know. TB's director is a D2 head coach and has connections. 365 Lax only carries showcase teams but they have gotten players invited & will continue to and igloo has been around for a while with a strong 2021 team on the rise which will help them repair their reputation since their 18-20 squad weren't perennial power teams (I also think their 19's folded last year) & the Outlaws are also in that conversation & I am sure if they had 1 kid they wanted to lobby for, they can get them in. But the obvious ones are Express, 91 & Legacy from a national perspective at all age levels with these new teams + Empire, Force, etc., not drawing that level of merit.

Box Lacrossse on LI = NOTB. Great program, affordable rates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HELLO PEOPLE ! Why are we talking about college in a 2022 forum. I'm gonna let my son enjoy his last few years of lacrosse before we have to start thinking about this BS. My son attends a private school and will be fine with recruiters, according to the school he is "on the radar" and is already being looked at but again I could care less at this time !

Just a conversation but you the reason we care is next July as rising Sophs, just about every program in the country will be watching players at Maverick and all the other events. Those coaches will be calling kids Sept. 1st 2020 based off what they see next summer and the summer of 2020. Not so far off. Remember your son can contact the coaches and let them know what showcases he will be at. It shows demonstrated interest and the coaches like that. The coaches can’t contact your son until 9/20 but will have a file on players they want to recruit well in front of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a conversation but you the reason we care is next July as rising Sophs, just about every program in the country will be watching players at Maverick and all the other events. Those coaches will be calling kids Sept. 1st 2020 based off what they see next summer and the summer of 2020. Not so far off. Remember your son can contact the coaches and let them know what showcases he will be at. It shows demonstrated interest and the coaches like that. The coaches can’t contact your son until 9/20 but will have a file on players they want to recruit well in front of that.

I have a 2021 daughter and a 2022 son. I can tell you that this past summer my daughter participated in 2 high profile showcase events and there were a ton of coaches at each, but I never saw more than 1 or 2 watching the 2021s. Nothing wrong with experiencing the events and getting the feel for these showcases, but if you ask me, if you are looking for exposure, you aren't going to see much next summer for the 2022s. For those who thought that there would be a landslide of commits for 2020s on Sept. 1st this year, that didn't happen either. Coaches are taking their time and as a consequence there is more poaching of verbal commits these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Island box lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Island box lacrosse

Total joke of an organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could care less but my sons "on the radar " your sons just like you a scrub. Kid plays third tier travel crap private school

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard