BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
and you must be an X Warrior!

This must be a Rebel Yelllll. "It's a great day to be a Rebel"

We are Rebels!
Hear us Roar!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs will dominate the A division, not AA?

Teams are more diluted now. I think Warriors, Express B, Igloo B, and Empire will dominate the A. TB will move up to AA. The AA division has been watered down such as Igloo, Express, and S2S. Rebels will dominate the B.

Must be a Warrior dad. Just remember the Warriors were beat by beat by every team mentioned including the Outlaws (Rebels).

How many Outlaws went to Rebels?

How did that rebel team turn out, did they pick up top talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams are more diluted now. I think Warriors, Express B, Igloo B, and Empire will dominate the A. TB will move up to AA. The AA division has been watered down such as Igloo, Express, and S2S. Rebels will dominate the B.

Must be a Warrior dad. Just remember the Warriors were beat by beat by every team mentioned including the Outlaws (Rebels).

Warrior talent and beyond; AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friend said it's the same team as last years Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friend said it's the same team as last years Outlaws.

Then what happened to the outlaws team. I don’t know how good the rebels are but I do know they got players from several different teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my son to get into college to play lacrosse and practice 40 hours per week, then graduate with a job as a part time club coach. I think it will only cost me about 250k. The 91, Express, and Igloo direction is the best option for me.

I love this statement.... broke the internet

I want my son to play lacrosse be a part of a great community. I want him to learn how to compete, learn how to win, how to lose, how to get better, how the world isnt fair, how to manage his nerves, how to set goals and how to get all the benefits competitive sports bring to a child's development. I want to travel with him and my family to tournaments and spend time with friends. I want him to build his network and have a great HS experience. Its sure beats playing fortnite and the money we spend on piano lessons and tutors. I AM investing in my child's future and it is not so he can get to MLL.

If you dont think a kid that can juggle a 40 hour practice week and the demands of playing a college sport isnt being prepared for life then I think you're really more concerned about your DNA not being able to close the gap on what your son can do.....oh yea and the Lax network for finding a job when coming out of a good school is another great benefit.

Lacrosse and the community are worth the investment, just know why you're doing and who you're doing it with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my son to get into college to play lacrosse and practice 40 hours per week, then graduate with a job as a part time club coach. I think it will only cost me about 250k. The 91, Express, and Igloo direction is the best option for me.

I want my son to play lacrosse be a part of a great community. I want him to learn how to compete, learn how to win, how to lose, how to get better, how the world isnt fair, how to manage his nerves, how to set goals and how to get all the benefits competitive sports bring to a child's development. I want to travel with him and my family to tournaments and spend time with friends. I want him to build his network and have a great HS experience. Its sure beats playing fortnite and the money we spend on piano lessons and tutors. I AM investing in my child's future and it is not so he can get to MLL.

If you dont think a kid that can juggle a 40 hour practice week and the demands of playing a college sport isnt being prepared for life then I think you're really more concerned about your DNA not being able to close the gap on what your son can do.....oh yea and the Lax network for finding a job when coming out of a good school is another great benefit.

Lacrosse and the community are worth the investment, just know why you're doing and who you're doing it with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's not get too out of hand here... these kids are not getting great jobs and into medical school, law school and business school because they played on Team 91 or Outlaws... they are getting into these roles because they grew up in predominantly upper middle class professional households where parents impressed upon their kids the benefits of sports, education, and extracurricular activities (i am sure genes play a role as well).

Look... to play any sport at a high level costs money today. There are very few parks to head down to on LI to just go play football, baseball, soccer or basketball pickup. Everything has a cost today. I 10000% agree with your Fortnite and Piano lessons statement. You can throw Kumon into that bucket as well.

But, to be fair - i do see plenty of former LAX stars working as assistant coaches etc. Some have made big businesses out of it... but those are the exception.

PS... i am one of the suckers that pays big $$ to multiple sports for their travel leagues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What beer does the Least Interesting Man in the World drink? Corn ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst is when you get assigned a high school coach as your head coach for your club team, and he never shows up. $3,000 flushed down the drain.

Welcome to 2023 S2S!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is so excited when you see that a HS coach is coaching your club team. Honestly I’ve heard nothing but horror stories about this. Especially at the younger ages. Coach main focus is his HS team. NOT club team. Rarely there during spring practices if at all. Be careful what you wish for.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's not get too out of hand here... these kids are not getting great jobs and into medical school, law school and business school because they played on Team 91 or Outlaws... they are getting into these roles because they grew up in predominantly upper middle class professional households where parents impressed upon their kids the benefits of sports, education, and extracurricular activities (i am sure genes play a role as well).

Look... to play any sport at a high level costs money today. There are very few parks to head down to on LI to just go play football, baseball, soccer or basketball pickup. Everything has a cost today. I 10000% agree with your Fortnite and Piano lessons statement. You can throw Kumon into that bucket as well.

But, to be fair - i do see plenty of former LAX stars working as assistant coaches etc. Some have made big businesses out of it... but those are the exception.

PS... i am one of the suckers that pays big $$ to multiple sports for their travel leagues.

I am curious exactly how much these assistant coaches make per year ? And when they move up and become head coach— how much do they make then? Not sarcastic just curious if it’s enough that they can buy a house and support a family with that ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much does one pay for Express A????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow. Finally, someone with their head on a "swivel"/ "level".....The delusional comedy on this site keeps me entertained. But this response is reassuring that NOT everyone is CRAY CRAY. Thanks.

Copied::::::::Let's not get too out of hand here... these kids are not getting great jobs and into medical school, law school and business school because they played on Team 91 or Outlaws... they are getting into these roles because they grew up in predominantly upper middle class professional households where parents impressed upon their kids the benefits of sports, education, and extracurricular activities (i am sure genes play a role as well).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If not this year, next year think twice before paying such a high price for travel lacrosse. There are many more options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is so excited when you see that a HS coach is coaching your club team. Honestly I’ve heard nothing but horror stories about this. Especially at the younger ages. Coach main focus is his HS team. NOT club team. Rarely there during spring practices if at all. Be careful what you wish for.

It really depends, I think in this scenario it does really help if his son is on the team. Spallina coaches a college team plus a MLL team and still manages to do great job with the bandits, so coaching a local HS team with minimal travel should be totally doable. And even if you don't have a kid on the team it can work. Chan coached St. Anthony's JV in addition to his travel team/s for years (does he still?) and made it work. Besides, nobody can make decent living just coaching travel lacrosse, all these coaches have real jobs to pay their bills, most have nothing to do with lacrosse at all. And those jobs get in a way from time to time, so having competent assistants who can run a good practice or coach a tournament is a key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really depends, I think in this scenario it does really help if his son is on the team. Spallina coaches a college team plus a MLL team and still manages to do great job with the bandits, so coaching a local HS team with minimal travel should be totally doable. And even if you don't have a kid on the team it can work. Chan coached St. Anthony's JV in addition to his travel team/s for years (does he still?) and made it work. Besides, nobody can make decent living just coaching travel lacrosse, all these coaches have real jobs to pay their bills, most have nothing to do with lacrosse at all. And those jobs get in a way from time to time, so having competent assistants who can run a good practice or coach a tournament is a key.

over rated. Having a HS varsity coach stinks. Go ahead and pay your $3,500 to have the coach not even know what your son's name is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow. Finally, someone with their head on a "swivel"/ "level".....The delusional comedy on this site keeps me entertained. But this response is reassuring that NOT everyone is CRAY CRAY. Thanks.

Copied::::::::Let's not get too out of hand here... these kids are not getting great jobs and into medical school, law school and business school because they played on Team 91 or Outlaws... they are getting into these roles because they grew up in predominantly upper middle class professional households where parents impressed upon their kids the benefits of sports, education, and extracurricular activities (i am sure genes play a role as well).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, it's expensive to live here. I get that...Pump It Up and After School are grossly over priced as well. But, at the end of the day I do believe that athletics and being part of a team are beneficial to youth development. I just do not blow smoke up my butt trying to convince myself this "is an investment in my kid's future"... and if that was the case, I would say spend the money on swim lessons where you can earn a living over the summer as a lifeguard.

There is limited future earning derived from this sport. Where are the best college players from last season working this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, it's expensive to live here. I get that...Pump It Up and After School are grossly over priced as well. But, at the end of the day I do believe that athletics and being part of a team are beneficial to youth development. I just do not blow smoke up my butt trying to convince myself this "is an investment in my kid's future"... and if that was the case, I would say spend the money on swim lessons where you can earn a living over the summer as a lifeguard.

There is limited future earning derived from this sport. Where are the best college players from last season working this year?

Swim lessons, lifeguard. Totally agree. As lax parents we are missing the boat concerning club lax. Think about this, kid get a summer lifeguard job at one of the state parks, graduates college and lands a full time state job where his time counts towards his retirement.
Parents stop paying outrageous prices on youth travel lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is limited future earning derived from this sport. Where are the best college players from last season working this year?"

I do not know about you but I watched Yale defeat Duke in last year's final. I am sure the employment options for those players are solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is limited future earning derived from this sport. Where are the best college players from last season working this year?"

I do not know about you but I watched Yale defeat Duke in last year's final. I am sure the employment options for those players are solid.

There is honestly not. Your kid better have a lot more goung on from the neck up if he wants to be successful in life. Lacrosse will not help that much. Your kid should be playing because he loves to play and wants to play this much. For that reason and no other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

————————-

You really should go right down the line and check the LinkedIn profile of the graduates. It’s actually really disappointing where people end up. I’m not knocking the sport - I live and love it. But, I’m not a fool. I’ve paid my $$ and I realize where it goes. I don’t get suckered into that investment in future nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

————————-

You really should go right down the line and check the LinkedIn profile of the graduates. It’s actually really disappointing where people end up. I’m not knocking the sport - I live and love it. But, I’m not a fool. I’ve paid my $$ and I realize where it goes. I don’t get suckered into that investment in future nonsense.

Travel lacrosse is a vehicle adults use to dupe other adults out of their hard earned money. Prices will continue to rise until parents say enough is enough. The clubs/coaches are the dealers and the parents are their submissive addicts, lacrosse crack is hard to put down. But, stop paying these crazy high prices for youth travel lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

————————-

Travel lacrosse is a vehicle adults use to dupe other adults out of their hard earned money. Prices will continue to rise until parents say enough is enough. The clubs/coaches are the dealers and the parents are their submissive addicts, lacrosse crack is hard to put down. But, stop paying these crazy high prices for youth travel lacrosse.

Come on.. they see the money travel soccer makes. Just wait until they decide to have a spring season too. More practices, more money..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn't they be, with degrees from those schools? Most people I know, if hellbent on kids playing in college at all, are just hoping it will be the hook that will get their son into the competitive college they would not get in otherwise. They are not looking for scholarships, nor to make living playing lacrosse post-college. They'll go to top colleges (hopefully) and get good jobs in finance etc. And may coach their kids' PAL team one day, or not depending on how demanding their real job is. Everyone knows that lacrosse is not like football/basketball/baseball where you can actually make a good living playing professionally, though of course few make it that far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn't they be, with degrees from those schools? Most people I know, if hellbent on kids playing in college at all, are just hoping it will be the hook that will get their son into the competitive college they would not get in otherwise. They are not looking for scholarships, nor to make living playing lacrosse post-college. They'll go to top colleges (hopefully) and get good jobs in finance etc. And may coach their kids' PAL team one day, or not depending on how demanding their real job is. Everyone knows that lacrosse is not like football/basketball/baseball where you can actually make a good living playing professionally, though of course few make it that far.

A good job in finance, what does that consist of, cashier position at PJ Sports upon graduating from a top college? Get a grip people, the amount of money some of us pay into travel lacrosse before/if our kids go off to college is insane. don't get caught up in the hype these big clubs are selling, find a good value club with a good coach where your kids plays. Me personally, if my kid is recruited and decides he want to play lacrosse in college, I will not pay, that's on him.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Guess we have to log in again.... September is here.. Practices should be starting up. Good luck this fall and see you on the field...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Practices are around the corner and I am looking forward to the Fall with the Fall Tournaments. There will be rankings on here so I want to see how they will rank to different respective clubs & if the different tournaments will play a role into them but one thing I always notice is that a lot of the teams play at the same events and against a lot of the same teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall practice has started, which fall tournaments will show us who the top teams are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall practice has started, which fall tournaments will show us who the top teams are?

Stop with the top team nonsense. We know who the top teams are. They all just played in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the top team nonsense. We know who the top teams are. They all just played in Denver.

What are the top local tournaments this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams lost their top players except for Bandits after Denver. The battlefield is more diverse now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams lost their top players except for Bandits after Denver. The battlefield is more diverse now.

Your info is wrong - wishful thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any of the 2023 invites for Maverik Showtime come out yet? Anybody’s son get one yet? I know at least 2021 and 2022 were released this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yup, and they're all recruited already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blatant fall jam and October fest are two good local tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone one know what teams going to these tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year you saw Igloo, 91, Express, Outlaws, TrueBlue, Force, Hitmen, BBL, S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year you saw Igloo, 91, Express, Outlaws, TrueBlue, Force, Hitmen, BBL, S2S

To clarify:
Those teams above were at Blatant Fall Jam last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should have some good match ups at these tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered