Anonymous #272322 08/27/18 06:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"There is limited future earning derived from this sport. Where are the best college players from last season working this year?"

I do not know about you but I watched Yale defeat Duke in last year's final. I am sure the employment options for those players are solid.

"There is limited future earning derived from this sport. Where are the best college players from last season working this year?"

I do not know about you but I watched Yale defeat Duke in last year's final. I am sure the employment options for those players are solid.

————————-

You really should go right down the line and check the LinkedIn profile of the graduates. It’s actually really disappointing where people end up. I’m not knocking the sport - I live and love it. But, I’m not a fool. I’ve paid my $$ and I realize where it goes. I don’t get suckered into that investment in future nonsense.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Anonymous #272332 08/27/18 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

————————-

You really should go right down the line and check the LinkedIn profile of the graduates. It’s actually really disappointing where people end up. I’m not knocking the sport - I live and love it. But, I’m not a fool. I’ve paid my $$ and I realize where it goes. I don’t get suckered into that investment in future nonsense.

Travel lacrosse is a vehicle adults use to dupe other adults out of their hard earned money. Prices will continue to rise until parents say enough is enough. The clubs/coaches are the dealers and the parents are their submissive addicts, lacrosse crack is hard to put down. But, stop paying these crazy high prices for youth travel lacrosse.

Anonymous #272337 08/27/18 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

————————-

Travel lacrosse is a vehicle adults use to dupe other adults out of their hard earned money. Prices will continue to rise until parents say enough is enough. The clubs/coaches are the dealers and the parents are their submissive addicts, lacrosse crack is hard to put down. But, stop paying these crazy high prices for youth travel lacrosse.

Come on.. they see the money travel soccer makes. Just wait until they decide to have a spring season too. More practices, more money..

Anonymous #272345 08/27/18 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn't they be, with degrees from those schools? Most people I know, if hellbent on kids playing in college at all, are just hoping it will be the hook that will get their son into the competitive college they would not get in otherwise. They are not looking for scholarships, nor to make living playing lacrosse post-college. They'll go to top colleges (hopefully) and get good jobs in finance etc. And may coach their kids' PAL team one day, or not depending on how demanding their real job is. Everyone knows that lacrosse is not like football/basketball/baseball where you can actually make a good living playing professionally, though of course few make it that far.

Anonymous #272354 08/28/18 04:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn't they be, with degrees from those schools? Most people I know, if hellbent on kids playing in college at all, are just hoping it will be the hook that will get their son into the competitive college they would not get in otherwise. They are not looking for scholarships, nor to make living playing lacrosse post-college. They'll go to top colleges (hopefully) and get good jobs in finance etc. And may coach their kids' PAL team one day, or not depending on how demanding their real job is. Everyone knows that lacrosse is not like football/basketball/baseball where you can actually make a good living playing professionally, though of course few make it that far.

A good job in finance, what does that consist of, cashier position at PJ Sports upon graduating from a top college? Get a grip people, the amount of money some of us pay into travel lacrosse before/if our kids go off to college is insane. don't get caught up in the hype these big clubs are selling, find a good value club with a good coach where your kids plays. Me personally, if my kid is recruited and decides he want to play lacrosse in college, I will not pay, that's on him.

Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #272509 09/03/18 02:07 PM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S
Guess we have to log in again.... September is here.. Practices should be starting up. Good luck this fall and see you on the field...

TM@BOTC #272511 09/04/18 11:07 AM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B
Practices are around the corner and I am looking forward to the Fall with the Fall Tournaments. There will be rankings on here so I want to see how they will rank to different respective clubs & if the different tournaments will play a role into them but one thing I always notice is that a lot of the teams play at the same events and against a lot of the same teams.

TM@BOTC #272553 09/10/18 09:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall practice has started, which fall tournaments will show us who the top teams are?

Anonymous #272565 09/10/18 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall practice has started, which fall tournaments will show us who the top teams are?

Stop with the top team nonsense. We know who the top teams are. They all just played in Denver.

Anonymous #272577 09/10/18 08:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the top team nonsense. We know who the top teams are. They all just played in Denver.

What are the top local tournaments this fall?

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #272611 09/11/18 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams lost their top players except for Bandits after Denver. The battlefield is more diverse now.

Anonymous #272623 09/11/18 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams lost their top players except for Bandits after Denver. The battlefield is more diverse now.

Your info is wrong - wishful thinking.

Anonymous #272628 09/11/18 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any of the 2023 invites for Maverik Showtime come out yet? Anybody’s son get one yet? I know at least 2021 and 2022 were released this week.

Anonymous #272629 09/11/18 09:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yup, and they're all recruited already.

Anonymous #272808 09/16/18 05:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the top local tournaments this fall?

Blatant fall jam and October fest are two good local tournaments

Page 29 of 96 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 95 96

Link Copied to Clipboard