Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rumor has it that Dukes Nationals is not doing well....the word Bankruptcy has been used....Buyer beware!!!

Disgruntled that little Johnny isn't above the travel line?

Travel line that's comical....

The travel line is just below the phone line that's used to call in ringers who've never been to a mini-camp.

Apparently still above wherever your son is on the depth chart.

Look, the most annoying thing about Duke's is that they will happily take your money and put your son on the bottom of the depth chart with no chance of ever playing in a game. It's frustrating to see them looking at someone else instead of your kid even though you paid your money.

If your son isn't good enough to play in the games yet, work harder in the mini camps as well as at home so he can improve.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Duke's Lacrosse
Anonymous #272213 08/27/18 06:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son isn't good enough to play in the games yet, work harder in the mini camps as well as at home so he can improve.
Or, alternatively, just stay completely away from the whole situation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272257 08/27/18 11:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very disappointed to see that Dukes has let the Dukes National model infest their high school program. I always thought the Dukes Nationals program was just a money grab, and that Dukes would stay true to providing a solid program at the H.S. level for kids in PA, South Jersey, and Northern DE. With their decision to have (2) 2022 teams. They have allowed all the 2021 holdback kids from MD that played on the 2022 Duke Nationals program last year to infiltrate the Philly club lacrosse scene, not to mention all the kids from CA,TX, NC,NY. Why would a Baltimore area kid, play for a Philly club when there are numerous top notch MD programs? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272308 08/27/18 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very disappointed to see that Dukes has let the Dukes National model infest their high school program. I always thought the Dukes Nationals program was just a money grab, and that Dukes would stay true to providing a solid program at the H.S. level for kids in PA, South Jersey, and Northern DE. With their decision to have (2) 2022 teams. They have allowed all the 2021 holdback kids from MD that played on the 2022 Duke Nationals program last year to infiltrate the Philly club lacrosse scene, not to mention all the kids from CA,TX, NC,NY. Why would a Baltimore area kid, play for a Philly club when there are numerous top notch MD programs? Asking for a friend.

And worse yet they don't practice. The Model is dead. Unfortunately some parents are going to find out when its too late. Most Philly teams are training and getting better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272321 08/27/18 05:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And worse yet they don't practice. The Model is dead. Unfortunately some parents are going to find out when its too late. Most Philly teams are training and getting better.

I comnpletely agree. Dukes "features" players rather than "coaches" or "develops" players.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #272486 08/29/18 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272487 08/29/18 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are they smoking to think that someone would put their 3rd grade daughter on a national team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272488 08/29/18 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only a couple MD kids on the HS team. Mostly for the reason you mention. My son has played for them for a while but model doesn't make any sense in HS.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272489 08/29/18 11:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are they smoking to think that someone would put their 3rd grade daughter on a national team.

Please give me all your money quick because I cannot pay my monthly bills and the boys Dukes nationals team is not covering them!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272498 08/31/18 07:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please give me all your money quick because I cannot pay my monthly bills and the boys Dukes nationals team is not covering them!!

So you can post in PA forum but not in MD forum?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #272499 08/31/18 10:06 AM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
B
Yes - until we can have everyone start posting appropriate posts without defaming a coach or individual which happens often in the MD & Tri-State Forums which is why we decided to change the permissions, we have to keep these permissions so that only Registered Members can post. Posting opinions and sharing experiences is acceptable and what we want but calling out people and saying they are this & that is not how we are going to grow this game. People should be using the forums to provide insightful posts to help others learn more about what is going on in the game around their community and around the general lacrosse world (i.e. new recruiting rules, new shot clock rule, HS/Club Team Scores, Upcoming Events, etc) so the forums should be a platform for new/intermediate/experienced people to come on here and receive/share information but also allowing controversies, peaceful debates, personal Respectful opinions.

Also, when the 2014 current registered members start posting under their names, it helps to know that poster and their type of posts. And we are going to be rewarding our Top Posters with free equipment on a monthly basis along with opportunities to join private webinars to communicate with a guest poster such as a College Coach or a Company with ways to earn money or credit to our online store that will be up in the next week or so that will include used and new equipment that we will be offering and for other registered members to sell or buy new or used equipment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #272507 09/03/18 06:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TheAdmin
Yes - until we can have everyone start posting appropriate posts without defaming a coach or individual which happens often in the MD & Tri-State Forums which is why we decided to change the permissions, we have to keep these permissions so that only Registered Members can post. Posting opinions and sharing experiences is acceptable and what we want but calling out people and saying they are this & that is not how we are going to grow this game. People should be using the forums to provide insightful posts to help others learn more about what is going on in the game around their community and around the general lacrosse world (i.e. new recruiting rules, new shot clock rule, HS/Club Team Scores, Upcoming Events, etc) so the forums should be a platform for new/intermediate/experienced people to come on here and receive/share information but also allowing controversies, peaceful debates, personal Respectful opinions.

Also, when the 2014 current registered members start posting under their names, it helps to know that poster and their type of posts. And we are going to be rewarding our Top Posters with free equipment on a monthly basis along with opportunities to join private webinars to communicate with a guest poster such as a College Coach or a Company with ways to earn money or credit to our online store that will be up in the next week or so that will include used and new equipment that we will be offering and for other registered members to sell or buy new or used equipment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ok..Thanks

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #272515 09/04/18 08:58 PM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S
Any 2020 Dukes players commit? I don't see any on the BOTC commitment database.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #272666 09/12/18 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch your emails for Dukes Nationals...was sent an email of outstanding balance. Must have thought since on email list I should constribute money

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #272673 09/13/18 06:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch your emails for Dukes Nationals...was sent an email of outstanding balance. Must have thought since on email list I should constribute money

Dukes Nationals has moved to a set yearly renewal period so everyone pays their registration and mini camp package fees at the same time. Should make their bookkeeping a lot easier.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 87 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard