BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 35 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What are they smoking to think that someone would put their 3rd grade daughter on a national team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son isn't good enough to play in the games yet, work harder in the mini camps as well as at home so he can improve.
Or, alternatively, just stay completely away from the whole situation.

Very disappointed to see that Dukes has let the Dukes National model infest their high school program. I always thought the Dukes Nationals program was just a money grab, and that Dukes would stay true to providing a solid program at the H.S. level for kids in PA, South Jersey, and Northern DE. With their decision to have (2) 2022 teams. They have allowed all the 2021 holdback kids from MD that played on the 2022 Duke Nationals program last year to infiltrate the Philly club lacrosse scene, not to mention all the kids from CA,TX, NC,NY. Why would a Baltimore area kid, play for a Philly club when there are numerous top notch MD programs? Asking for a friend.

There are only a couple MD kids on the HS team. Mostly for the reason you mention. My son has played for them for a while but model doesn't make any sense in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are they smoking to think that someone would put their 3rd grade daughter on a national team.

Please give me all your money quick because I cannot pay my monthly bills and the boys Dukes nationals team is not covering them!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please give me all your money quick because I cannot pay my monthly bills and the boys Dukes nationals team is not covering them!!

So you can post in PA forum but not in MD forum?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes - until we can have everyone start posting appropriate posts without defaming a coach or individual which happens often in the MD & Tri-State Forums which is why we decided to change the permissions, we have to keep these permissions so that only Registered Members can post. Posting opinions and sharing experiences is acceptable and what we want but calling out people and saying they are this & that is not how we are going to grow this game. People should be using the forums to provide insightful posts to help others learn more about what is going on in the game around their community and around the general lacrosse world (i.e. new recruiting rules, new shot clock rule, HS/Club Team Scores, Upcoming Events, etc) so the forums should be a platform for new/intermediate/experienced people to come on here and receive/share information but also allowing controversies, peaceful debates, personal Respectful opinions.

Also, when the 2014 current registered members start posting under their names, it helps to know that poster and their type of posts. And we are going to be rewarding our Top Posters with free equipment on a monthly basis along with opportunities to join private webinars to communicate with a guest poster such as a College Coach or a Company with ways to earn money or credit to our online store that will be up in the next week or so that will include used and new equipment that we will be offering and for other registered members to sell or buy new or used equipment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TheAdmin
Yes - until we can have everyone start posting appropriate posts without defaming a coach or individual which happens often in the MD & Tri-State Forums which is why we decided to change the permissions, we have to keep these permissions so that only Registered Members can post. Posting opinions and sharing experiences is acceptable and what we want but calling out people and saying they are this & that is not how we are going to grow this game. People should be using the forums to provide insightful posts to help others learn more about what is going on in the game around their community and around the general lacrosse world (i.e. new recruiting rules, new shot clock rule, HS/Club Team Scores, Upcoming Events, etc) so the forums should be a platform for new/intermediate/experienced people to come on here and receive/share information but also allowing controversies, peaceful debates, personal Respectful opinions.

Also, when the 2014 current registered members start posting under their names, it helps to know that poster and their type of posts. And we are going to be rewarding our Top Posters with free equipment on a monthly basis along with opportunities to join private webinars to communicate with a guest poster such as a College Coach or a Company with ways to earn money or credit to our online store that will be up in the next week or so that will include used and new equipment that we will be offering and for other registered members to sell or buy new or used equipment.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ok..Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any 2020 Dukes players commit? I don't see any on the BOTC commitment database.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch your emails for Dukes Nationals...was sent an email of outstanding balance. Must have thought since on email list I should constribute money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch your emails for Dukes Nationals...was sent an email of outstanding balance. Must have thought since on email list I should constribute money

Dukes Nationals has moved to a set yearly renewal period so everyone pays their registration and mini camp package fees at the same time. Should make their bookkeeping a lot easier.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of hoping that parents parents don’t pay attention and just make a payment for something their player never joined

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes Nationals has moved to a set yearly renewal period so everyone pays their registration and mini camp package fees at the same time. Should make their bookkeeping a lot easier.

It should unless you get a registration bill for a player who in no longer on the team and has not been to any mini camp or tournament in over a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should unless you get a registration bill for a player who in no longer on the team and has not been to any mini camp or tournament in over a year.

Amen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son isn't good enough to play in the games yet, work harder in the mini camps as well as at home so he can improve.
Or, alternatively, just stay completely away from the whole situation.

Very disappointed to see that Dukes has let the Dukes National model infest their high school program. I always thought the Dukes Nationals program was just a money grab, and that Dukes would stay true to providing a solid program at the H.S. level for kids in PA, South Jersey, and Northern DE. With their decision to have (2) 2022 teams. They have allowed all the 2021 holdback kids from MD that played on the 2022 Duke Nationals program last year to infiltrate the Philly club lacrosse scene, not to mention all the kids from CA,TX, NC,NY. Why would a Baltimore area kid, play for a Philly club when there are numerous top notch MD programs? Asking for a friend.

I would guess that most Duke Elite players play on other teams were they get practice.

As far as the out of state kids etc my gut is that you will have one team that is the 2022 National team from last year and one that is a local talent team. But the team designations havent come out yet so could be wrong. Funny thing is that some of the National kids are average at best, many of local kids are jst as good if not better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure to sign your sons and Daughters up for Dukes Nationals try outs this weekend in Annapolis, going to be a great time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the play day go for the 2022? Seems like they only had 1 team scheduled to play and not 2. Same with their tournament this weekend. That's a lot of kids if they all show for that 1 shift each half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the MD kids have left Dukes at this point. The model just does not work anymore. Dukes is requiring kids to play in multiple tournaments that interfere with their home club. Only one of the MD kids actually left their local club to play exclusively for Dukes. There are kids that will play for Dukes from NC, California, etc. Plus the local philly kids. Doesn't make any sense to leave a MD club with regular practices and no driving to play with Dukes. Is a good model for middle school for extra lacrosse and my son really enjoyed it. But it's run it's course now that they're in high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a silly thing to say. If a philly kid wants to play D1, he should work hard and hit the wall/shoot a bunch of balls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that DN wasn't as dominant in Battle on the Bay in Annapolis this weekend as they'd have you believe they would be for an all-star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs was impressive. Looked like a high school team with the fresh crop of reclasses. Overheard them chatting about their learners' permits in between games. Otherwise the field was a solid group of AA teams, considering the usual absences of football players from fall ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that DN wasn't as dominant in Battle on the Bay in Annapolis this weekend as they'd have you believe they would be for an all-star team.

Then I guess you weren't there. Dukes and Crabs tied 2x (one of those games being champ) went to sudden death. Both teams were good.
I heard the same about Crabs with the "reclass" and Dukes kept pace with them both games. Good fast aggressive games. I heard Duke defender split his stick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2022 is loaded with holdbacks what is your point all teams have them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then I guess you weren't there. Dukes and Crabs tied 2x (one of those games being champ) went to sudden death. Both teams were good.
I heard the same about Crabs with the "reclass" and Dukes kept pace with them both games. Good fast aggressive games. I heard Duke defender split his stick

Quote of the day from a '25 Duke dad. "We came all this way to go 1-2 and the last team we played was made up for half their b-team"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like an even game. Reclass vs Reclass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear the rumors that Duke's Nationals is folding due to money issues? Not sure I believe it as most thing you hear about this program as rumors are false but wanted to check as a concerned parents of current team player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gravy train finally drying up??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear the rumors that Duke's Nationals is folding due to money issues? Not sure I believe it as most thing you hear about this program as rumors are false but wanted to check as a concerned parents of current team player.

Dead and Buried! Welcome to Dukes mainline, Dukes South, Dukes North, Dukes Young guns, Dukes twist...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true as far as I can tell. Look to be adding a lot more tournaments and events this coming year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dead and Buried! Welcome to Dukes mainline, Dukes South, Dukes North, Dukes Young guns, Dukes twist...
is it folding? Just got a call asking to join. ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is it folding? Just got a call asking to join. ?

Of course you got a call to join. Goodbye money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true as far as I can tell. Look to be adding a lot more tournaments and events this coming year.

Of course! More garbage tournaments, more trash "mini-camps", more money in somebody's pocket!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course! More garbage tournaments, more trash "mini-camps", more money in somebody's pocket!

While many may not agree with their business and the types of tournaments they participate in, it seems that we can agree that the original post about them going out of business is a likely troll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While many may not agree with their business and the types of tournaments they participate in, it seems that we can agree that the original post about them going out of business is a likely troll.

Yeah G won't fold. He'll just raise the prices even more for the chumps still dumb enough to play for Dukes Nationals. Made sense when it was only a few hundred bucks, mini-camps were only $60, etc. Prices are ridiculous now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legitimately, no. Or has everyone forgotten Skyhawks or Dukes North or Little Dukes or Dukes Blue Mountain?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legitimately, no. Or has everyone forgotten Skyhawks or Dukes North or Little Dukes or Dukes Blue Mountain?

Then if the original poster would care to post evidence to support his or her statement regarding Duke's Nationals, I'm all ears (or eyes.) Otherwise, it sure seems like another troll. These posts proclaiming the demise of Duke's Nationals are a dime a dozen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then if the original poster would care to post evidence to support his or her statement regarding Duke's Nationals, I'm all ears (or eyes.) Otherwise, it sure seems like another troll. These posts proclaiming the demise of Duke's Nationals are a dime a dozen.

DN parent here, our team hasn't looked better!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reread the post, the parent is asking for any information to if the rumor is true, most rumors have some truth to them. We were not part of Duke's Nationals but know exactly how rumors work when our son was part of Dukes South and guess what that rumor was true and a lot of good families were out money they had spent on the team and never got the money back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reread the post, the parent is asking for any information to if the rumor is true, most rumors have some truth to them. We were not part of Duke's Nationals but know exactly how rumors work when our son was part of Dukes South and guess what that rumor was true and a lot of good families were out money they had spent on the team and never got the money back.

There are a lot of people on this forum who absolutely hate G and Duke's Nationals. They post crap like this (going bankrupt, etc.) every few months. Many of these post have been blatantly false.

I don't think questioning the motives of the original poster is out of line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of people on this forum who absolutely hate G and Duke's Nationals. They post crap like this (going bankrupt, etc.) every few months. Many of these post have been blatantly false.

Very true.

But, then again, given a LOT of peoples' experiences with G, I don't think that questioning HIS motives is out of line either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true.

But, then again, given a LOT of peoples' experiences with G, I don't think that questioning HIS motives is out of line either.

Agreed. G has shown that it is all about G and not the kids on numerous occasions.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 35 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard