BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 97 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for mentioning that you played in college. As if that has any current relevance.

Actually it totally makes all the revelance because someone who's been there can see it with a different perspective that a [ChillLaxin] such as yourself

It really doesn't make a difference. I played in college, yet understand all of the nuances of baseball by observing the game. If I didn't continually improve my knowledge of the game, what I learned on the field would be almost irrelevant. One thing people need to stop getting hung up on are coaches playing credentials. One of the coaches I learned the most from (when I began coaching) never played the game of lacrosse. He was a football player who immersed himself in lacrosse and is simply the best varsity coach I've ever been around. Knowledgeable, great motivator, even handed--no special treatment, etc. So, regardless of a coaches playing experience, observe how a guy runs a practice, how he communicates, how the kids play for him. Then judge.

Well said. I'm tired of talking to parents on the sideline who within 5 minutes manage to work into the conversation the fact that they played in college. Who cares. As if that somehow gives both them and their kid some sort of lacrosse street cred. The game played in the 80's and well into the 90s is absolutely nothing like the game today. Some of the best players I have seen in tournaments were produced by parents who didn't play, who acknowledged they were average athletes or non-athletes in their youth and who had the current appearance of only caring about the next beer in their cooler.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for mentioning that you played in college. As if that has any current relevance.

Actually it totally makes all the revelance because someone who's been there can see it with a different perspective that a [ChillLaxin] such as yourself

It really doesn't make a difference. I played in college, yet understand all of the nuances of baseball by observing the game. If I didn't continually improve my knowledge of the game, what I learned on the field would be almost irrelevant. One thing people need to stop getting hung up on are coaches playing credentials. One of the coaches I learned the most from (when I began coaching) never played the game of lacrosse. He was a football player who immersed himself in lacrosse and is simply the best varsity coach I've ever been around. Knowledgeable, great motivator, even handed--no special treatment, etc. So, regardless of a coaches playing experience, observe how a guy runs a practice, how he communicates, how the kids play for him. Then judge.

Well said. I'm tired of talking to parents on the sideline who within 5 minutes manage to work into the conversation the fact that they played in college. Who cares. As if that somehow gives both them and their kid some sort of lacrosse street cred. The game played in the 80's and well into the 90s is absolutely nothing like the game today. Some of the best players I have seen in tournaments were produced by parents who didn't play, who acknowledged they were average athletes or non-athletes in their youth and who had the current appearance of only caring about the next beer in their cooler.

Yes agree you need not have played the game or be a former MLL player to be a good coach. Credentials like that are not what makes a good coach. What makes a good coach is someone who can motivate team unity and spirit and allow for individual talent to shine in each player by encouraging development and growth. Answering questions to players, parents and whomever else because that's part of it. Not told to sit down or for a parent to be told to leave the tournament and not come back because you asked a question. Not playing favorites and not taking dislike for the parents out on the kids who give 110 percent to the be there on the field because they love the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having played the sport at the college level does make a you little more atuned to what's going on the field when it comes to your kid. Essentially at some point or another, I've had to deal with conflict and I can tell you that Daddy Ball exists at the youth level but not so much when you move up grades.

When you get to high school and college, if you're good you'll move right past it and it will be a blip in the big picture. Lucky for me, I had the best high school and college coaches. I keep in touch with them frequently and have the most respect for them. They believed in me, put theirselves on the line for me and because of that, I love the game and want to give that same experience to my kid.

My advice to people dealing with daddy ball is to get out of it, your kid knows what's up and it's not helping his game and probably infuriates the parent and believe me the kids feel that stress

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny how you comment you know who you are. Sounds like you have it out for one parent in particular when so many have indicated on this thread about bad coaching experiences with Roy. You must be his only friend.

As a dad who played lax in college and goes to both of my kids tourneys, I've never heard anybody yell as loud as he does to pass the ball to his kid then Roy. You are delliousional to think that Roy isn't doing this for free so he can coach his kid.

my "you know who you are" comment was meant as a general statement to all the sideline coaching parents who are disasters for their own kid and for lax in general... there are plenty on this team, and just about every team we play and in the youth programs too - it is the single biggest factor in kids not wanting to play according the Positive Coaching Alliance... if you don't like the coach, go somewhere else, bottom line, but first make sure you as a parent aren't the problem... the most noise I make on the sideline is cheering our team on -- all of the kids ... My son is doing great under Roy and call me delusional or not, but I am staying with him -- I dont fault anyone for not liking any coach, but there are many options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for sharing that you are staying with Roy. Like that has any current revelance to the fact he's coaching for free so he can strategically set up plays so every pass is directed to his kid. Your kid must not care about that or you must be a really good friend of his. Either way I think parents moved on from it.

And yes every team has parents that are loud. And make no mistake about you may be cheering for the whole team, but Roy is telling the team to pass to his kid. He's cheering for his kid and if it came down to your kid or his, well it would be his. Congratulations on your decision!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one left the team unless they were cut! get your facts straight bud!

You are just upset your kid got cut and its very obvious here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s been one week since I looked atthis thread and it’s the same crap. . But for the record., BUD - 2 middis went to 2 way along with 1 attackman. 1 defenseman left for 2 way. But honestly who gives a flying F. Move on. Daddy coaches on any team at any sport is never a good thing. It doesn’t matter who, what, where It’s a common theme in youth athletics. And it’s a common theme it seems on every forum at every age group on this website. It’s youth sports Not every program is a good fit for every kid , coach or parent. Luckily every parent here has an option. To leave. Pt 24 happens to be a very tricky situation. You have kids that play box for Roy, kids who play field for Roy. Dads who coach box who’s kids play field for pt. You have coaches who’s kids play on pt older teams . Kids playing one or the other or both teams for free. Kids that play town for Daniello So you can see it could be massive conflicts of interest with no checks and balances. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain not being realistic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That last post with “No one left the team unless they were cut! ...” is ridiculous. I have read all this drama for the past several weeks and haven’t posted, but this is just wrong about PT for 2024 and other years. For 24, one kid who was getting played a ton and on manup and quit mid season. Multiple others played the season , but never signed up for tryouts and just left for other clubs. And it wasn’t all for the same reason. I am a PT parent and can state this with certainty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
roy and staff are great coaches and we are lucky to have them at pt 24

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the MOB. Never a good idea to have one guy in charge of everything. Should be a separate director for the town and separate for travel. Nothing should cross over

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
roy and staff are great coaches and we are lucky to have them at pt 24

Are you trying to do damage control? That was weak. And no my kid didn't get cut. C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s been one week since I looked atthis thread and it’s the same crap. . But for the record., BUD - 2 middis went to 2 way along with 1 attackman. 1 defenseman left for 2 way. But honestly who gives a flying F. Move on. Daddy coaches on any team at any sport is never a good thing. It doesn’t matter who, what, where It’s a common theme in youth athletics. And it’s a common theme it seems on every forum at every age group on this website. It’s youth sports Not every program is a good fit for every kid , coach or parent. Luckily every parent here has an option. To leave. Pt 24 happens to be a very tricky situation. You have kids that play box for Roy, kids who play field for Roy. Dads who coach box who’s kids play field for pt. You have coaches who’s kids play on pt older teams . Kids playing one or the other or both teams for free. Kids that play town for Daniello So you can see it could be massive conflicts of interest with no checks and balances. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain not being realistic.

Compared to the Yorktown situation, the PT conflict of interest situation is nothing. So, you should count yourselves fortunate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats going on in Yorktown?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Indulge us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compared to the Yorktown situation, the PT conflict of interest situation is nothing. So, you should count yourselves fortunate.

Big difference. Parents pay to play for PT. Only to have the director stand up in front of all parents and say otherwise about dad ball and connected people . Totally two faced and full of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It’s been one week since I looked atthis thread and it’s the same crap. . But for the record., BUD - 2 middis went to 2 way along with 1 attackman. 1 defenseman left for 2 way. But honestly who gives a flying F. Move on. Daddy coaches on any team at any sport is never a good thing. It doesn’t matter who, what, where It’s a common theme in youth athletics. And it’s a common theme it seems on every forum at every age group on this website. It’s youth sports Not every program is a good fit for every kid , coach or parent. Luckily every parent here has an option. To leave. Pt 24 happens to be a very tricky situation. You have kids that play box for Roy, kids who play field for Roy. Dads who coach box who’s kids play field for pt. You have coaches who’s kids play on pt older teams . Kids playing one or the other or both teams for free. Kids that play town for Daniello So you can see it could be massive conflicts of interest with no checks and balances. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain not being realistic.

Big difference. Parents pay to play for PT. Only to have the director stand up in front of all parents and say otherwise about dad ball and connected people . Totally two faced and full of it.

Some parents do not pay. Which instills loyalty to those parents. Those parents are not paying so they can't complain. If a kid wants his left attack spot back and the coaches kid is in that spot then there is no way that is ever going to happen and there is nothing that parent can say about it because their kid is playing for free. It's also about control. And they need parents they can control. Everyone is getting something out if it. Free tuition, free coaches, free fields at JJ that lewisboro residents pay and PT a for profit organization is using for free and they don't want parents who are vocal about these issues for obvious reasons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when one person or group of people controls youth, travel and high school , that is not a good situation. its very simple common sense . travel programs run by hs coaches have been a huge issue with people for years . it can destroy the chemistry needed for these boys and girls to win at the hs level collectively as a team especially when 1/3 of any given grade plays for one program, and 1/3 another etc etc. loyalty lies with the travel program at the expense of the HS. different travel swag in school or on the fields, almost like little gangs of kids instead of everyone wearing their school swag . Lax powerhouses like Garden City, Victor, and Yorktown are and have always been great because it starts at the bottom and they try and build a town culture of Lacrosse. Travel lacrosse in general creates a "ME" attitude because its about recruiting, but to win consistently as a team, you need chemistry .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its sounds corrupt. Too many kickbacks and one person in control of Two teams in the same town. Same coaches in both programs in some cases getting double paid from town and travel and then free fields in the town where residents pay taxes for and a travel program that brings non residents in to play on fields that lewisboro tax payers pay for. Lots of field time given away to a travel program. Why doesn't the John Jay athletic director know about this. Why is it set up like this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a really good question and totally messed up. As a tax payer, if you are a tax payer, you have the right to know. You should ask the athletic director at jjhs make him give you a reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, we get it. You think Roy isn't a good coach - and PT isn't a good program. You are entitled to your opinion - but your opinion is laughable to most of us on this board. You aren't going to convince anyone - let it go.

Go find another program! How great is it that you get to pick where your kid plays in the summer.

If you are a tax payer you do have a right to know. Pick up the phone and call the AD. I would guess that all rules are being followed and the AD knows and support this. He obviously supports Daniello - he is one of his HS lacrosse coaches.

NET - Stop your grumbling and go find another program!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk to the town parks and recreation department. The AD is a waste of time. Follow the $$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not sure who is laughing. Most of us on this board dont think its laughable. Most of us think it's scary that this crap exists and one guy controls so much in one town and is allowed to get away with so much.Scary that it's even supported. But what can you expect with small town politics. Lived here most of my life and nothing changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I'll bite what's the Yorktown situation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume he means the Ballers summer program. The Yorktown varsity coach also coaches the Ballers program. Its invite only, not sure a worse conflict exists in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, we get it. You think Roy isn't a good coach - and PT isn't a good program. You are entitled to your opinion - but your opinion is laughable to most of us on this board. You aren't going to convince anyone - let it go.

Go find another program! How great is it that you get to pick where your kid plays in the summer.

If you are a tax payer you do have a right to know. Pick up the phone and call the AD. I would guess that all rules are being followed and the AD knows and support this. He obviously supports Daniello - he is one of his HS lacrosse coaches.

NET - Stop your grumbling and go find another program!

How great is it that parents have a forum to share information about organizations they are paying for. Because that's what this information sharing and Its extremely condescending and defensive to suggest that issues of this nature are of no concern

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You missed my main point. If you don't like it you can LEAVE. No one is making you play there. But that isn't the case here - is it. Your kid got cut, so it's all sour grapes.

You say the Head Coach is inferior, the Director is a liar and corrupt. Yet Prime Time still is successful on a national level, they place a dozen kids in D1 schools each year - and hundreds of kids come to try outs. So yes - many of us don't agree with you.

So if your goal is to anonymously (and you really aren't anonymous) throw stones at this program, go ahead. But you would be better served taking this passion and help your kid find a different program and become a better lacrosse player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow there is no way I would ever subject my kid to this kind of hostility. You keep trying to pinpoint one person here. IT seems as if the coach and staff have targeted someone's kid.

Is it some kind of scare tactic to stop talking? Is this how you coach? By intimidating kids? Look at every post. It's not sour grapes. Then look at other forums. It's a common theme.

There is no way you can positively identify an anonymous post. In order to that with certainty, you would need a court order from the supreme court. There are privacy laws regarding anonymity. So in essence you are making the PT staff look like they are targeting one parent here when in reality you have no way of knowing for sure. It really looks bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Yorktown HS coaches also coach the Yorktown Ballers club teams. Hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Yorktown HS coaches also coach the Yorktown Ballers club teams. Hard to believe.

Lakeland/ Panas also has a summer travel run by the school coaches. I have friends on both teams and they have no problem with it. It's also 1/3rd the cost of express north.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lakeland/ Panas also has a summer travel run by the school coaches. I have friends on both teams and they have no problem with it. It's also 1/3rd the cost of express north.

And Brunswick coaches run 2Way. Many other examples, too. Just a matter of whether you feel the club circuit is more important than the HS circuit. Those great players from Yorktown over the years got their recognition and due from HS performance, not summer club exposure or connections. I'd much prefer a local summer club option for my son without the flashy name and huge costs but tied to strong HS program, just not an option in our district. I see the potential for uncomfortable situations and messy politics tied to a HS coach running local club but I see that everywhere anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are missing the point. Conflict of interest. Talk to the Ridgefield guys about Superstar lacrosse. If you didn't play (pay) summer ball with them you didn't play for Colsey. So, it was banned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similar to the Chargers program that the HS coach from Darien ran before it folded. Chargers were good early on but kids started to go to eclipse. Now, eclipse is fading and kids are choosing the other club teams in the area.
If you go to a strong and competitive Lax HS than the summer club circuit is less important. Bottom line, if you are good schools will find you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similar to the Chargers program that the HS coach from Darien ran before it folded. Chargers were good early on but kids started to go to eclipse. Now, eclipse is fading and kids are choosing the other club teams in the area.
If you go to a strong and competitive Lax HS than the summer club circuit is less important. Bottom line, if you are good schools will find you.

Didn't CT make it illegal for a public HS sports coach to be a director of a club team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In CT, I believe it is set that a coach can be a Director and own/run a club program, but can’t be the Coach on a specific club team that has something like more than 6 of his players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chargers folded when the CIAC banned high school coaches from coaching/owning a for profit program in the sport they coach at HS level. I believe the criteria was 2/3 of the roster couldn't be from HS. Same thing happened to Superstar Lax at about the same time for the same reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that most dust has settled...Anyone care to chime in on 2023 or 2024 how teams look for 2018-2019?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024- eclipse PT, EN, 2 way , predators, 91 TS,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 24 2way team has a shot qualifying to Denver after getting a couple of players from PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 24 2way team has a shot qualifying to Denver after getting a couple of players from PT.

When you pick up the worst players from PT it does not help your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you pick up the worst players from PT it does not help your team.

that is just wrong in so many ways , but factually , 2 way grabbed 2 of the best middis from PT and had a respectable team last year . no one said they were better than PT, just that they had a chance to qualify with some new additions

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 97 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard