BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boys 2020 -11th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the new season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 -11th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons Ducks now East Coast Elite team is looking for a couple of mids. They solid everywhere else. The sayville varsity coach is HC and does great job with them. Reach out to them if you need a team. They could be very good with a couple of mids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 9/1 looming, lots of action expected. I’m hearing a lot about decomitting. I think many kids may be thinking the grass is greener. Good luck to all making these very important decisions. Remember it’s about the right fit, coach and team culture. The majority of recruits will not see much of the field in college. 45-50 kids on the team, all HS stars, but only about 15 will see meaningful time. Look at who else plays your position, and make sure you love the school even if you weren’t playing lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With 9/1 looming, lots of action expected. I’m hearing a lot about decomitting. I think many kids may be thinking the grass is greener. Good luck to all making these very important decisions. Remember it’s about the right fit, coach and team culture. The majority of recruits will not see much of the field in college. 45-50 kids on the team, all HS stars, but only about 15 will see meaningful time. Look at who else plays your position, and make sure you love the school even if you weren’t playing lacrosse.

Having older ones playing in college now, If your kid is having trouble deciding between a few schools that he really likes, he may want to pick one within a driving distance of 5 hours or less, after that it becomes really hard to get to the games, and for him to come home when he is able to. As a parent, you will want to attend the all the games, it is really fun. That being said, schools with big Football or Basketball programs make for a great school atmosphere as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having older ones playing in college now, If your kid is having trouble deciding between a few schools that he really likes, he may want to pick one within a driving distance of 5 hours or less, after that it becomes really hard to get to the games, and for him to come home when he is able to. As a parent, you will want to attend the all the games, it is really fun. That being said, schools with big Football or Basketball programs make for a great school atmosphere as well.

2 great post

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I see the first 2020 commit from Long Island with a player from Legacy. More will pour in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any more pouring in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't understand how anyone was "committing" so close to 9/1. Don't you want to visit, and weigh your options?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Process has slowed down. school and kids taking their time to get it right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic
I see the first 2020 commit from Long Island with a player from Legacy. More will pour in.

The first commit happened way before 9/1, most of the best kids already made commitments. What would be more interesting is the decommitments from both sides. Hardly any so far! My son committed early and had a bunch of schools call him on 9/1 so poaching is definitely going on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That kid could have done much better, rushed into it is a big mistake. Wanted to be the first, now nobody cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't understand how anyone was "committing" so close to 9/1. Don't you want to visit, and weigh your options?

The 5 star prospects have all gone to camps at their top 2 or 3. If your number 1 choice calls on 9/1 no need to wait...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That kid could have done much better, rushed into it is a big mistake. Wanted to be the first, now nobody cares

Obviously you care, you took the time to come on here with your bitter post. Go away lost, slither back under the rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was a late bloomer and received many calls from coaches on 9/1. They all want him to visit along with us - his parents. This is going to be a process and will take a little time to visit all the schools he is interested in to make that decision. So far none of the coaches are pushing us but are constantly talking to him every few days. Its been a little crazy but Im glad for him he worked really hard to get where he is. Good luck to everyone going through this.

Obviously you care, you took the time to come on here with your bitter post. Go away lost, slither back under the rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, purely for those with kids who are highly sought after, what happened prior to 9/1? Did you know who was interested and how interested? Wonder how rules changed how that unfolds. Only interested to hear what kids who are now actively pursued by high end schools experienced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, purely for those with kids who are highly sought after, what happened prior to 9/1? Did you know who was interested and how interested? Wonder how rules changed how that unfolds. Only interested to hear what kids who are now actively pursued by high end schools experienced.

My son was already committed, but other coaches spoke to our club coach and asked if we were interested anyway. There are many dealings that are going on through the club coaches. College coaches also have current players get in contact with the prospect to talk up the school if they are from their town, or know them in another way. I still believe that schools like Duke and ND will poach players late next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My son was a late bloomer and received many calls from coaches on 9/1. They all want him to visit along with us - his parents. This is going to be a process and will take a little time to visit all the schools he is interested in to make that decision. So far none of the coaches are pushing us but are constantly talking to him every few days. Its been a little crazy but Im glad for him he worked really hard to get where he is. Good luck to everyone going through this.

Nice Post - Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The club coaches/directors are earning their keep this month...that's a fact. Very busy with communications.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So....now that the "floodgates" have opened, How are the various clubs doing with commitments. Who has the most overall, and most on LI? I would think it's Crush, followed by Legacy, then Express for LI. Not sure if any of the others even have a commit? Also, how does Crush stack up against Looneys, Crabs, Sweetlax, FCA, etc? Fall ball will be extremely important to these boys this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it me or do these last two posts sound like a club director trying to validate themselves.

Parents please stay involved in the process and don't leave your HS coach out of it. Club coaches are a big part of the process but you need to be in the driver's seat. Make sure you are all on the same page. Think everyone has an agenda - because they do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the boys I know that received phone calls from schools are now in the process of setting up visits to the schools with their parents and starting the process. There have been offers during the visits but no one has said yes yet. They are checking out all the options. I think you will not have a good handle on the number of commits from travel / high school teams until the holidays or the start of the spring season.

So....now that the "floodgates" have opened, How are the various clubs doing with commitments. Who has the most overall, and most on LI? I would think it's Crush, followed by Legacy, then Express for LI. Not sure if any of the others even have a commit? Also, how does Crush stack up against Looneys, Crabs, Sweetlax, FCA, etc? Fall ball will be extremely important to these boys this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons High School Coaches did more than the travel coach. Definitely do not leave them out.
Is it me or do these last two posts sound like a club director trying to validate themselves.

Parents please stay involved in the process and don't leave your HS coach out of it. Club coaches are a big part of the process but you need to be in the driver's seat. Make sure you are all on the same page. Think everyone has an agenda - because they do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All of the boys I know that received phone calls from schools are now in the process of setting up visits to the schools with their parents and starting the process. There have been offers during the visits but no one has said yes yet. They are checking out all the options. I think you will not have a good handle on the number of commits from travel / high school teams until the holidays or the start of the spring season."

Exactly our experience. Not with 9dwon, ex or leg... out team has a few commits and an number of offers have been extended but not accepted yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are so many boys decommitting from Ohio State?????? Heard the coach is terrible!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are so many boys decommitting from Ohio State?????? Heard the coach is terrible!

Some that decommitted were just not good enough to play at that level anymore and went to a less competitive school where they have a better chance of seeing the field. Some coaches just change their mind..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some that decommitted were just not good enough to play at that level anymore and went to a less competitive school where they have a better chance of seeing the field. Some coaches just change their mind..

Really? Actually OSU lost the second best player in the grade as well as two other standouts that decommmitted to go to better schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"OSU lost the second best player in the grade" LOL.

There is one best player and after that, please. too funny 2nd best player...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"OSU lost the second best player in the grade" LOL.

There is one best player and after that, please. too funny 2nd best player...

Ok, you're right, only one good player in the grade, the rest stink. Remember that these players are still in HS, at the college level, #1 HS recruits rarely translate into #1 College players, as they are surpassed by others. Not saying that they will not still be good players just that they don't dominate in the same way when playing against higher level competition. You sound ridiculous and don't seem to know much about the jump from HS to college where any player in the top 100 or even beyond can step up withe the right coach and program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you're right, only one good player in the grade, the rest stink".

Your words not mine. YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS. My point was there is one kid head and shoulders above his peers and he has been since 8th grade and he unequivocally has been the best. There are MANY other really good players with 2-200 being virtually interchangeable based on some fugazy "rank". Your 2nd best player designation was and still is comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you're right, only one good player in the grade, the rest stink".

Your words not mine. YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS. My point was there is one kid head and shoulders above his peers and he has been since 8th grade and he unequivocally has been the best. There are MANY other really good players with 2-200 being virtually interchangeable based on some fugazy "rank". Your 2nd best player designation was and still is comical.

Ok dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ok dad"

Is that you waving your white flag for idiocy? Just lay down and skip the last word nonsense. I imagine the great majority of posters on here are in fact Dad's of children that play and I am in no uncertain terms NOT the father of said #1 kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Actually OSU lost the second best player in the grade as well as two other standouts that decommmitted to go to better schools.

Few things with this post.

One, the insinuation that they were not god enough and were decommitted. I think those in the know, know they were good enough. (2 I know of at least. how many left, 3). If you knew the families, I don't, but both were always rumored to leave, on their own, with one wanting to be closer to home and the other wanting academic prowess. Both extremely powerful and the "best" reasons to,decommit. Another rumor, Shouldn't both be '19's in the first place and don't give me late birthday, crap? I'm not sure

Second, Although plenty good enough, please don't throw out 2nd best in the grade. The 2 I know of aren't even the 2nd best in their (school area club team). Good players, yes for sure, some may say overrated, (if you want, your call.). Again good players, but if picking a team not sure they are a part of the first 4 kids picked.

Thirdly, One thing is certain this juggling isn't over maybe just beginning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ok dad"

Is that you waving your white flag for idiocy? Just lay down and skip the last word nonsense. I imagine the great majority of posters on here are in fact Dad's of children that play and I am in no uncertain terms NOT the father of said #1 kid.

You sound like the father of a pine rider

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all of those boys lucky enough to have a high school coach actively engaged in his recruitment, they should thank him. Our coach is non-existent. Amazing how much harder it is. Still in a good place, just noting how a high school coach who tries and cares can make a big difference. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our High School coaches did more for our son than travel and he is on one of the top travel teams.
For all of those boys lucky enough to have a high school coach actively engaged in his recruitment, they should thank him. Our coach is non-existent. Amazing how much harder it is. Still in a good place, just noting how a high school coach who tries and cares can make a big difference. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our High School coaches did more for our son than travel and he is on one of the top travel teams.

Let's give him applause. What school is this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calhoun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calhoun

He should get a pay raise for looking after the kids best interest. Accolades to him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are HS coaches who are actively involved in the recruiting process in the minority? Hard to believe, especially here on LI. My son is a 2020 and getting serious looks that started last season from a nice mix of DI, II, III schools, all from the efforts of his coach. He doesn't play travel. I realize that there can be different levels of effort here, but to be non-existent is totally unacceptable. Rally the other parents and set up a meeting with the AD. Your coach should be gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are HS coaches who are actively involved in the recruiting process in the minority? Hard to believe, especially here on LI. My son is a 2020 and getting serious looks that started last season from a nice mix of DI, II, III schools, all from the efforts of his coach. He doesn't play travel. I realize that there can be different levels of effort here, but to be non-existent is totally unacceptable. Rally the other parents and set up a meeting with the AD. Your coach should be gone.

Yeah, fire his a$$.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard