BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teams have 5-7 holdbacks at most. Stop crying that they are taking over your team. There are still 15 or more spots filled by on age kids. If your son didn't make it it probably means he didn't belong on that team. There are so many options out there and there is a place for everyone. But if your son didn't make Crabs or FCA it's not because all the holdbacks forced him out. Things change. In a year your son may be the one that pushes someone else off the roster.

Holdback apologist. It is usually a few more on supposed top teams. But that means these kids gaming the system have taken 5-10 spots that should be taken by on age players. thats 25% to 50% of team players. Pretty sorry state for youth lacrosse.

I'm not a holdback apologist. My son is on one of the 2 teams I mentioned and he is not a holdback. There is no team with 10 holdbacks. Like I said, there are 5-7 older kids on these teams. And even if they are older it's only be a few months. That leaves 15 or so spots that are filled by on age kids. If your son didn't make it he got beat out by 15 kids his age. What is your excuse about those because I'm sure there is one? Do you just tell him it's politics? They're in 8th grade now. This is when kids really start to separate in terms of athleticism. Being big and slow is no better than small and weak. Both FCA and Crabs got rid of kids that were holdbacks and added on age kids this year. Those holdback kids were bigger and better when they were younger but kids have caught up now.

Yes that is why we have so many kids being held back in 8th grade this year. Do you really expect people to believe you??. Crabs cutting MIAA holdbacks over on age kids. LOL.

You don't have to believe me. The rosters will be posted shortly and you can believe it then. Crabs cut several kids that went to prefirst. Crabs didn't have anyone that was repeating 8th grade last year. Neither did FCA. That seems to be a Hawks thing these days.

Not a single 8th grade repeat on the Hawks team... unless the non-impact new goalie is. dummy.

The Hawks picked up a holdback goalie at 2023? Why? The goalies they had were amazing. Why would they pick up a holdback that wasn’t even all that great to begin with. They did that at the 2022 level last year as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a single 8th grade repeat on the Hawks team... unless the non-impact new goalie is. dummy.[/quote]

The Hawks picked up a holdback goalie at 2023? Why? The goalies they had were amazing. Why would they pick up a holdback that wasn’t even all that great to begin with. They did that at the 2022 level last year as well.[/quote][/quote]

Sorry your son didn't make it this year former backup goalie dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both FCA and Crabs got rid of kids that were holdbacks and added on age kids this year. Those holdback kids were bigger and better when they were younger but kids have caught up now.

FCA added 2022 holdbacks and cut on age players from last year. The ones I'm aware of include a middie from 91 and several middies and attack from Crabs. Maybe they also cut some kids who were kindergarten holdbacks, but they added a number of 8th grade holdbacks.

I do agree that the advantages of an extra year (not "a few months") are beginning to fade at this point. But to discount the advantages it gives these kids (and their parents) ignores reality.

The holdback apologists all give the same songs and dances. Everyone knows it is a good advantage while young and gets less and less as the boys get to higher HS grades and college.

What would you rather have, a bunch of good 19 year old HS players or a bunch of good 18 year HS players. Obvious answer to any HS coach.

Most studies say around 19-21 is about the end of physical differences in boys. Not talking about Puberty growth, talking about bulk weight and weight training development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both FCA and Crabs got rid of kids that were holdbacks and added on age kids this year. Those holdback kids were bigger and better when they were younger but kids have caught up now.

FCA added 2022 holdbacks and cut on age players from last year. The ones I'm aware of include a middie from 91 and several middies and attack from Crabs. Maybe they also cut some kids who were kindergarten holdbacks, but they added a number of 8th grade holdbacks.

I do agree that the advantages of an extra year (not "a few months") are beginning to fade at this point. But to discount the advantages it gives these kids (and their parents) ignores reality.

The holdback apologists all give the same songs and dances. Everyone knows it is a good advantage while young and gets less and less as the boys get to higher HS grades and college.

What would you rather have, a bunch of good 19 year old HS players or a bunch of good 18 year HS players. Obvious answer to any HS coach.

Most studies say around 19-21 is about the end of physical differences in boys. Not talking about Puberty growth, talking about bulk weight and weight training development.

What is the answer? Not obvious to me ... maybe i want to 18 yo who had to beat the odds over the 19 yo snowflake that needed a silver spoon. Those who earn things do better in life than those merely given them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now we know you are lying. I am 46 years old and found I am much better at gaining bulk and weight now than I was when I was 19-21

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing about this age group and area is that there are no Virginia teams with the "holdback/re-class" issue. The best are a notch below the elite teams but in Virginia it is just not a "thing" players do. Will this level the playing field in the years to come?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG this holdback discussion was a dead horse a long time ago. Same guy whining about it over and over. Get a life. In a year, in 9th grade, no one will give a crap about this. My son is average sized and on age and I have no idea if his teammates or opposing players are holdbacks or not. Nor do I care.

I thought the Moderators created a special Holdbacks thread for this guy to mindlessly vent. Please take that discussion there. Moderators, please don't allow more of the Holdback crap on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing about this age group and area is that there are no Virginia teams with the "holdback/re-class" issue. The best are a notch below the elite teams but in Virginia it is just not a "thing" players do. Will this level the playing field in the years to come?

There are private schools and wealthy parents in VA. Wealthy parents sometimes hold back their kids at private schools because they can. Sometimes those kids play lacrosse. It is a thing everywhere. Some of the more talented ones play in MD. Other hold backs are less talented so nobody cares and you don't even know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m beginning to miss the Zingos coach talking out his a**. I can only handle so much holdback crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now we know you are lying. I am 46 years old and found I am much better at gaining bulk and weight now than I was when I was 19-21

Can you at least try to be little truthful. Yea a 46 year old can train and be in better shape for sports than a 21. You need to read up on male physical development. Bulk weight and lifting doesnt mean that eating 10 twinkies and gaining five lbs while lifting is better than some 21 year who needs tons of carbs and meat while lifting to gain 5 lbs. LOL.. You should try out for the Ravens, sounds like you are in better shape than those pesky college boys that are drafted

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are complete, will there be any changes to the rankings at 2023? Which teams improve the most? Any team go backwards?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are complete, will there be any changes to the rankings at 2023? Which teams improve the most? Any team go backwards?

Well, what is your insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? It’s all about all star and national teams now. Local club teams are the new rec, with elite being the travel teams and the rest being house teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? It’s all about all star and national teams now. Local club teams are the new rec, with elite being the travel teams and the rest being house teams.

How many "out of state" (Virginia does not count) players on the roster for Hawks and MLDCD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many "out of state" (Virginia does not count) players on the roster for Hawks and MLDCD?

Zero for the Hawks - Virginia and the District included. All MD boys... mostly from within a 25 mile radius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero for the Hawks - Virginia and the District included. All MD boys... mostly from within a 25 mile radius.

with 1/2 of them driving themselves to practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just in:

August 21, 2018 by Edward Lee Contact Reporter Baltimore Sun:

The Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse team is a surprise announcement informed the media the head coach Dave Pietramala is leaving the Hopkins program to coach the Zingo's 2023 team. "It has always been a dream of mine to capture a HOCO league title." The often emotional coach struggled to keep it together after sharing the news with players this morning. The often labeled "best defensive coach on the planet" will be reclassing two top 2022 players along with some current Blue Jay's in an effort to make a claim to belong in the Elite division.
According to ESPN lacrosse analyst Quint Kessenich, this could be a lucrative deal for coach Petro as he understands team fees in excess of $20000.00 per player will be waived for children of coaches. "Although the team fee may seem excessive it is only a 10% increase and includes a great gear package." from Zingo management. ESPN and the Baltimore Sun reached out to form Hopkins great Paul Rabil for comment, "What the heck is a Zingo?"
Editor's note: adding one zero to the current 2000.00 team fee is not a 10% increase.

Quint's physique > Nutjob Zingos d coach physique

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just in:

August 21, 2018 by Edward Lee Contact Reporter Baltimore Sun:

The Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse team is a surprise announcement informed the media the head coach Dave Pietramala is leaving the Hopkins program to coach the Zingo's 2023 team. "It has always been a dream of mine to capture a HOCO league title." The often emotional coach struggled to keep it together after sharing the news with players this morning. The often labeled "best defensive coach on the planet" will be reclassing two top 2022 players along with some current Blue Jay's in an effort to make a claim to belong in the Elite division.
According to ESPN lacrosse analyst Quint Kessenich, this could be a lucrative deal for coach Petro as he understands team fees in excess of $20000.00 per player will be waived for children of coaches. "Although the team fee may seem excessive it is only a 10% increase and includes a great gear package." from Zingo management. ESPN and the Baltimore Sun reached out to form Hopkins great Paul Rabil for comment, "What the heck is a Zingo?"
Editor's note: adding one zero to the current 2000.00 team fee is not a 10% increase.

Quint's physique > Nutjob Zingos d coach physique

Shut up! You know nothing. Zingo Defense guru once coached a game with a severed arm and a pitbull clamped down on his leg. #toughness #ripped #genius

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian King Sr and his son are coaching this year. I heard that the Lax World coach's son is moving to an elite team. It's Towson because the "Greene Turtle Towson" bar sponsors them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the age that some boys will hit puberty separate from the later bloomers. My kid is on age 2023 (Turns 14 this December) and he's 5'11" 145lbs and had to start shaving last year. I'm sure most who see him on the field think he is a "holdback" or "pre-first" and neither are the case. Looks can be deceiving so stop judging and look for the best experience for your son. The "best" team is where a player enjoys playing and is driven to improve, not necessarily the one with the best record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian King Sr and his son are coaching this year. I heard that the Lax World coach's son is moving to an elite team. It's Towson because the "Greene Turtle Towson" bar sponsors them.

Is this in response to another post? Are you referring to GT 2023? Is King the JC Coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a lot of ways that is the way Youth lacrosse is going. It is anything goes. From the unlimited holdbacks and out of state players.. The final result will be youth all star teams with players from everywhere competing any whatever they want..leagues, tournaments, etc. Another sad way of youth lacrosse direction

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the age that some boys will hit puberty separate from the later bloomers. My kid is on age 2023 (Turns 14 this December) and he's 5'11" 145lbs and had to start shaving last year. I'm sure most who see him on the field think he is a "holdback" or "pre-first" and neither are the case. Looks can be deceiving so stop judging and look for the best experience for your son. The "best" team is where a player enjoys playing and is driven to improve, not necessarily the one with the best record.

Years ago, no one would have said anything except ..boy that kid is big for his age. Not now. With the epidemic of holdbacks/prefirsts/reclass expect to hear it. Too many are big and heldback. You are the exception.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your son a middie for Looneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian King is GT 2023 coach. His son Brian is assistant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian King is GT 2023 coach. His son Brian is assistant.

Good recruiting move. Thought he would be involved in UC. Do they have enough to field a team? The good Lax World players went elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a lot of ways that is the way Youth lacrosse is going. It is anything goes. From the unlimited holdbacks and out of state players.. The final result will be youth all star teams with players from everywhere competing any whatever they want..leagues, tournaments, etc. Another sad way of youth lacrosse direction

From what I understand, the top two teams in 2023 have a few older birthday's (PRE K) but did not add to what were already top teams with 2022 players re-classing. They are basically the same teams as last year. Crabs who took a step back last year and may have added one or two 2022 players. Going into this season:
Who is bringing in out of state players? Team 91? why would any parent book a flight for a team with no HOCO wins in two seasons?
There are national tournaments. Teams like True and Duke's advertise this so I do not see this as an issue. True could not win without a few locals. Madlax had a National team that would loose by 10 goals or more if they played the local Madlax team. The Virginia teams have little impact as they are spread among three or four teams. Other than the MM championship and the Naptown event, not much impact from "national" teams. Most teams get players from within a 25 mile radius. Is Freedom a National team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Freedom a National team?

Freedom is not a national team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 AA update. Info provided mainly by my 13 year old and a know it all neighbor:

Hawks: No info other than they were really good last year, well coached and other than a couple kids, weren’t very big. Chances are they added some good players and others will hit puberty
Club Blue: Now part of Madlax and my sons says best players from Next Level are jumping ship to DC Dogs. Maybe caught up to Hawks on paper.
Crabs: Righty attackman back down from 2022. Lefty rom 22 Roughriders and lefty from Looneys make up all star attack. Only 1 ball… A few departures including top midfielder and middle of roster guys.
FCA: Maybe biggest jump in talent as they picked up the aforementioned Crabs players plus 22 reclasser from 91
Looneys: Lost their best offensive player to Crabs. Rumor has the former Crabs lefty returning to Looneys.
Next Level: Could be tough going if they lost top players to DC Dogs
BLC: Turn into DC Express. Got no info
91: Maybe marginally better but will be tough sledding in elite division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I understand, the top two teams in 2023 have a few older birthday's (PRE K) but did not add to what were already top teams with 2022 players re-classing. They are basically the same teams as last year. Crabs who took a step back last year and may have added one or two 2022 players. Going into this season:
Who is bringing in out of state players? Team 91? why would any parent book a flight for a team with no HOCO wins in two seasons?
There are national tournaments. Teams like True and Duke's advertise this so I do not see this as an issue. True could not win without a few locals. Madlax had a National team that would loose by 10 goals or more if they played the local Madlax team. The Virginia teams have little impact as they are spread among three or four teams. Other than the MM championship and the Naptown event, not much impact from "national" teams. Most teams get players from within a 25 mile radius. Is Freedom a National team?
[/quote]

Which are the top 2 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 AA update. Info provided mainly by my 13 year old and a know it all neighbor:

Hawks: No info other than they were really good last year, well coached and other than a couple kids, weren’t very big. Chances are they added some good players and others will hit puberty
Club Blue: Now part of Madlax and my sons says best players from Next Level are jumping ship to DC Dogs. Maybe caught up to Hawks on paper.
Crabs: Righty attackman back down from 2022. Lefty rom 22 Roughriders and lefty from Looneys make up all star attack. Only 1 ball… A few departures including top midfielder and middle of roster guys.
FCA: Maybe biggest jump in talent as they picked up the aforementioned Crabs players plus 22 reclasser from 91
Looneys: Lost their best offensive player to Crabs. Rumor has the former Crabs lefty returning to Looneys.

After two seasons 91 should give another team a shot at a win in the Elite division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your 13 year old and nosy neighbor did a pretty good job. Only thing I would change is that you're giving a little too much credit to the Crabs middie that left. Was marginal at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Freedom a National team?

Freedom is not a national team.

Isn't the big stud lefty from Syracuse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is definitely a national team now. They have several good local kids from Philly but the rest are Dukes Nationals kids from all over the country. Not to mention their guest players that show up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which are the top 2 teams?[/quote]
Are you really asking? If you watched any 2023 games in the past year it is Hawks and DC Dogs (ML) in a tier above the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is definitely a national team now. They have several good local kids from Philly but the rest are Dukes Nationals kids from all over the country. Not to mention their guest players that show up.

Incorrect. A number of Freedom players also play (or played) on Duke's Nationals, however the players are most certainly local to the Philly area.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Zingos will be much improved. Defense wins championships.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by anonymousturd
Zingos will be much improved. Defense wins championships.

And Zone defenses win HOCO championships

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweet - we're allowed to post again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweet - we're allowed to post again!

Do long as there is not TMI posted! What are the best tournaments this fall?

Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard