BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hmmm what’s going on with igloo? All girls going to Liberty? TG? Empire? YJ? Or was it a Rumor that they Folded?

Guess we'll see! Liberty tryouts today and TG on Sunday. Doesn't Liberty have the same issues as Igloo, where they don't play in any big tournaments? I also know that they are not a strong team, but if they get some of the good Igloo girls, they could be more competitive.

Liberty plays at all the tournaments they need to be at, if you're interested in a college they will come see you play, when it comes time for recruiting DG gets it done

Seriously?? They stink and have barely any recruits to good schools. Would be destroyed by any of the good 2023 teams.

Something is strange. When you say the have barely any recruits and no good schools,, I am looking ta the liberty website and see their college commitments for the 2019's as follows - U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond as well as others. Either you aren't familiar with Liberty, you are confused or lying OR you don't know what a good school is. Please enlighten us...........

Your talking about the 2019 team. Unfortunately the 2023 group is not competitive. Maybe some will go D2 or 3. You still need yo know how to play lacrosse, despite any “connections” you might have.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Niece plays for Igloo (played) it was said most are going to YJ as a team a few are going to TG and Empire

I heard the whole team is going to YJ and the dad will continue to be the coach. I guess YJ will have a new A team! Make sense that those girls wanted nothing to do with Thorn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hmmm what’s going on with igloo? All girls going to Liberty? TG? Empire? YJ? Or was it a Rumor that they Folded?

Guess we'll see! Liberty tryouts today and TG on Sunday. Doesn't Liberty have the same issues as Igloo, where they don't play in any big tournaments? I also know that they are not a strong team, but if they get some of the good Igloo girls, they could be more competitive.

Liberty plays at all the tournaments they need to be at, if you're interested in a college they will come see you play, when it comes time for recruiting DG gets it done

Seriously?? They stink and have barely any recruits to good schools. Would be destroyed by any of the good 2023 teams.

If your goal is to win lax for the cure and pound your chest that your kids team is the best have at it. if your goal is to get a degree in lax and get some vague communications or marketing degree then stay on the path you're on. More than 50% of college lax players do not play all four years and very few are making a good living via lax when college is over. BTW when college coaches start watching you in 2-3 years they don't care what the score of the games are or who won. One last thing, the worst teams in the country have 1-2 kids that can play and they will get noticed and recruited, the player gets recruited, not the team. Go look at the college rosters of top 20-30 teams, it's amazing, but not all the players come from yj and tg and even less in Ivy's and top academic schools , but you will always have your championship t-shirt - go figure[/quote

Wow, you are really living with your head buried in the sand. You also really don’t care about excelling at Lacrosse. There are plenty of girls that care about both academics and athletics who play for the most competitive teams who have the best chances, hands down, at getting into a top 20 school, and competing both athletically and academically. Face it, Liberty Lacrosse just does not have the stats to show that they commit girls to top schools. And did you really just say you have one or two kids per team that are recruited to a good school?? That’s embarrassing! Both YJ and TG eclipse them. Not about the tee shirt, about the prize at the end, and unfortunately Liberty does not deliver there. When you play the best competition, you get better, and see where you stand, Liberty simply does not do that.

that’s a pretty ignorant comment.. Liberty seems to have a pipeline to the ivies ie UPenn whereas YJ seems to have a pipeline to the SUNYs ie Binghamton. Check out commits and also check out CRs twitter if you don’t believe me...the lackluster academics and school districts in Suffolk certainly don’t help. quite frankly part of the recruiting comes down to academics and the while many Nassau districts are tops in the COUNTRY , schools in Suffolk leave a lot to be desiree. sad but true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Something is strange. When you say the have barely any recruits and no good schools,, I am looking ta the liberty website and see their college commitments for the 2019's as follows - U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond as well as others. Either you aren't familiar with Liberty, you are confused or lying OR you don't know what a good school is. Please enlighten us........... [/quote]

Please don’t try to convince the previous poster with facts. Last thing you would want to do is spend 6 years standing on the sidelines with that person. Liberty will continue to do what it has done for the last 15 years which is develop and promote girls to play at the next level (whatever that next level maybe for your daughter). While winning is fun it is not the end all be all for the Liberty teams. So please don’t try and persuade someone who can’t see the trees from the forest. Trust me you will be better off without them on your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something is strange. When you say the have barely any recruits and no good schools,, I am looking ta the liberty website and see their college commitments for the 2019's as follows - U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond as well as others. Either you aren't familiar with Liberty, you are confused or lying OR you don't know what a good school is. Please enlighten us........... [/quote]

Please don’t try to convince the previous poster with facts. Last thing you would want to do is spend 6 years standing on the sidelines with that person. Liberty will continue to do what it has done for the last 15 years which is develop and promote girls to play at the next level (whatever that next level maybe for your daughter). While winning is fun it is not the end all be all for the Liberty teams. So please don’t try and persuade someone who can’t see the trees from the forest. Trust me you will be better off without them on your team.
[/quote]

Serious question: What quality teams did Liberty play this summer, and what were the scores?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something is strange. When you say the have barely any recruits and no good schools,, I am looking ta the liberty website and see their college commitments for the 2019's as follows - U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond as well as others. Either you aren't familiar with Liberty, you are confused or lying OR you don't know what a good school is. Please enlighten us...........

[/quote]

Serious question: What quality teams did Liberty play this summer, and what were the scores?
[/quote]

hey sweetie, it seems the results you are actually looking for were previously provided. in case you need those eyes checked here they are again: U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re daughter does not care about winning, and it’s just fun, she shouldn’t be thinking about playing in college. College coaches are hired to win games, not have fun. If that the case, you’re daughter is better suited for club ball. By this age, most girls no where they stand talent wise, and if you have aspirations of playing in college you better be starting on a competitive club team and playing with your schools varsity team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, the younger Liberty teams do play in some really weak tournaments. As they get closer to recruiting age they start playing in more competitive tournaments like Mid Atlantic and Live Love Lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 12 year olds turning 13 should be playing on Varsity? No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

hey sweetie, it seems the results you are actually looking for were previously provided. in case you need those eyes checked here they are again: U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond [/quote]

Holy Cross and Richmond??? I'm still waiting to hear about where Liberty played last summer, and whether they won any games, sweetie??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 2 local tournaments and 2 off the Island, Project 120 and The Grind. Played in the top bracket of those tournaments. Had one goal wins and losses against STEPS, Ultimate, T3, Common Goal, BBL, 3D.

So it seems like they played in appropriate tournaments against opponents of like ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey sweetie, it seems the results you are actually looking for were previously provided. in case you need those eyes checked here they are again: U Penn, Colgate, USC, Michigan, USC, Cornell, Stanford, Stanford, Holy Cross Holy Cross, Richmond [/quote]

Holy Cross and Richmond??? I'm still waiting to hear about where Liberty played last summer, and whether they won any games, sweetie??[/quote] LOL...crazy right... and looks pretty solid as opposed to the YJ pipeline to powerhouse...Marist, Binghampton, Iona, Pace... Glass houses sweetie, glass housesglass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 2 local tournaments and 2 off the Island, Project 120 and The Grind. Played in the top bracket of those tournaments. Had one goal wins and losses against STEPS, Ultimate, T3, Common Goal, BBL, 3D.

So it seems like they played in appropriate tournaments against opponents of like ability.

Confirmed, Liberty is a decent B team. Nothing more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 12 year olds turning 13 should be playing on Varsity? No.

Well, some do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Majority of kids from Long Island who play in college played on 1 of 4 clubs:
YJ
Top Guns
Liberty
Elevate

Yes there have been other clubs over the years that girls have played on from Long Island and gone onto play in college and maybe there will be more in the future but as we have seen with Igloo, fl$, Express, 91, Icon, is that boys clubs that try to navigate in the girls space mostly fail.

So if you are hitching your wagon to one of those clubs then you are in for bumpy ride. If you want to get serious looks for college with directors who have connections with many college coaches then choose one of the four above.

So if Liberty as a “decent B” team is consistently committing girls to play lacrosse at the next level then it has done it’s job. Nothing more Nothing less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to contact Bravo and Back of the Cage because I think if all the posters are willing, we can get a "Real Housewives of Long Island Lacrosse TV Show."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to contact Bravo and Back of the Cage because I think if all the posters are willing, we can get a "Real Housewives of Long Island Lacrosse TV Show."

Oh boy.....here come the PC police........".Real Housepersons" is the correct word.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy.....here come the PC police........".Real Housepersons" is the correct word.

Ive been through this rodeo a few times, and have gotten burned, which may explain why I am so much more aware of the back room dealings , as well as making sure my daughter is in the best possible position, and that she works for it. Many of you have absolutely no idea what a screwed up sport this is. I know, and am definitely jaded. Still, there are a lot of great kids and parents out there, just few and far between. I blame it on the clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
Top Guns
Liberty
Elevate

Yes there have been other clubs over the years that girls have played on from Long Island and gone onto play in college and maybe there will be more in the future but as we have seen with Igloo, fl$, Express, 91, Icon, is that boys clubs that try to navigate in the girls space mostly fail.

So if you are hitching your wagon to one of those clubs then you are in for bumpy ride. If you want to get serious looks for college with directors who have connections with many college coaches then choose one of the four above.

So if Liberty as a “decent B” team is consistently committing girls to play lacrosse at the next level then it has done it’s job. Nothing more Nothing less.

don't forget the tg pipeline to Hofstra! btw in close games, playoff or showcase format the bottom third of the roster doesn't play at all. must be great writing college coaches and sending them your schedule and then having to explain why you didn't play in two of the four games - lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ive been through this rodeo a few times, and have gotten burned, which may explain why I am so much more aware of the back room dealings , as well as making sure my daughter is in the best possible position, and that she works for it. Many of you have absolutely no idea what a screwed up sport this is. I know, and am definitely jaded. Still, there are a lot of great kids and parents out there, just few and far between. I blame it on the clubs.
. just curious. How did you get burned? genuine question. If you are not being treated well by a club, they are not meeting expectations, or no playing time for your kid, one can just leave no? or was it just a thing that the club did? just trying to understand red flags

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They played 2 local tournaments and 2 off the Island, Project 120 and The Grind. Played in the top bracket of those tournaments. Had one goal wins and losses against STEPS, Ultimate, T3, Common Goal, BBL, 3D.

YJ
Top Guns
Liberty
Elevate

don't forget the tg pipeline to Hofstra! btw in close games, playoff or showcase format the bottom third of the roster doesn't play at all. must be great writing college coaches and sending them your schedule and then having to explain why you didn't play in two of the four games - lol

Don't forget to type the college coaches where liberty plays we haven't seen them all summer as they avoid all competition. You don't get any better playing B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes....of course..blame somebody else. You have been burned, you know about backroom deals, the sport is screwed up, its the clubs fault. Can you read your post and understand that YOU are part of the "blame someone else/club" problem. I'm sure your "jaded" outlook must be wonderful to be around on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hmmm what’s going on with igloo? All girls going to Liberty? TG? Empire? YJ? Or was it a Rumor that they Folded?

Very TRUE about DG and recruiting. Since she is a former D1 coach she has a lot of connections. In addition the person that runs the program with her is a former UNC player and also has great connections.

DG the same person that Manhasset ran out of the school district after winning States. Look into why and if you trust your daughter being coached by her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
Top Guns
Liberty
Elevate

Anything to justify why you team stinks! You may list a few Ivies as commitments, those girls probably got in there for reasons other than Lacrosse. I bet none of your former players were College All Americans or even starters for that matter, no wonder they don’t make past sophomore year on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
Top Guns
Liberty
Elevate

Anything to justify why you team stinks! You may list a few Ivies as commitments, those girls probably got in there for reasons other than Lacrosse. I bet none of your former players were College All Americans or even starters for that matter, no wonder they don’t make past sophomore year on the team.

Team captain Cornell, Florida, Harvard, Penn to name a few, several all-americans and all-conference players also tewaarton watch list. sidelines for yj and tg are toxic to say the least. Btw nothing that DG has ever done can begin to compare with the way SS treat her players, both club and college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
Top Guns
Liberty
Elevate

Team captain Cornell, Florida, Harvard, Penn to name a few, several all-americans and all-conference players also tewaarton watch list. sidelines for yj and tg are toxic to say the least. Btw nothing that DG has ever done can begin to compare with the way SS treat her players, both club and college

The Liberty girls won states this year. Not a badB team! Just a jealous lost who drinks YJ coolaid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except drink alcohol with them after winning states. Also these kids got into those schools because of academics, not DG getting them in for lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of that changes the fact that the Liberty 2023 team stinks and would be doubled down by YJ and TG A and B teams. Why do you think no good Igloo girls went to your tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm.......an awful lot of Liberty girls at TG tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm - SS I thought all the Igloo girls were coming to the TG tryouts. Nice try. Keep posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm - SS I thought all the Igloo girls were coming to the TG tryouts. Nice try. Keep posting.

TG doesn’t need any Igloo girls, they already have the best girls on the Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think the Liberty girls will take spots from the original TG players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is an interesting twist to liberty moving forward with the director no longer at the HS helm. I know several girls in the older age groups who played for liberty as they felt they had no choice. Now all these younger kids are free to play wherever they want with no backlash. I would guess to say Liberty teams will become less competitive, but the HS team will likely remain strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hmmm.......an awful lot of Liberty girls at TG tryouts

Nice turn out at tryouts today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG will probably offer positions to 3-4 new girls. Maybe two didn’t return, maybe two more will be cut. There were over 70 girls at the tryouts, so we’ll see what happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is an interesting twist to liberty moving forward with the director no longer at the HS helm. I know several girls in the older age groups who played for liberty as they felt they had no choice. Now all these younger kids are free to play wherever they want with no backlash. I would guess to say Liberty teams will become less competitive, but the HS team will likely remain strong.

You do realize that the assistant director who has been at Liberty forever was named the new head coach of Manhasset so kids will have the same loyalty to Liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG doesn’t need any Igloo girls, they already have the best girls on the Island.

Where were the Igloo girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the all the Back of the Cage speculation - they were all going to TG. What happen posters???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that the assistant director who has been at Liberty forever was named the new head coach of Manhasset so kids will have the same loyalty to Liberty.

Then why were half of them at TG tryouts??

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard