BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Showcase
laxlol Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Question- no rude or judgey comments

How important is club selection at this age (13-grade 8) in terms or showcase- exposure?
Will exposure and showcase come in High School or 13 year old tourneys?
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Showcase
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th going into 9th 2023's.

good question and I am sure there is no right answer right now.

IMHO - You want to position yourself to be on the best team you can be on going to the best showcases fall freshman year, summer going into Soph and summer going into Jr year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlol

How important is club selection at this age (13-grade 8) in terms or showcase- exposure?
Thanks

wait until Junior year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Thanks

wait until Junior year.

If you wait until Junior Year, it will be too late or should I say rather difficult to get recognized. Just think about when the college coaches are permitted to contact a player (Sept. 1 of Junior Year) so therefore it is pertinent that your son/daughter gets seen before that so when that date comes around, your child is already on their radar.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic

Thanks

wait until Junior year.

If you wait until Junior Year, it will be too late or should I say rather difficult to get recognized. Just think about when the college coaches are permitted to contact a player (Sept. 1 of Junior Year) so therefore it is pertinent that your son/daughter gets seen before that so when that date comes around, your child is already on their radar.

Contingent on what level will play a role on when it is important to attend quality showcases and to play for a reputable club that attends high quality team showcases. This is especially important for Division 1 prospective student-athletes b/c LaxrFanatic is right about being seen prior to a players Jr Year. There are always exceptions and if you take a look at the recent commits, you do still see 2019s (players going to be seniors in 2 weeks) committing to Division 1 programs but among the 12.6 scholarships that 95% of the colleges have (not every D1 college is fully funded), most of the athletic scholarships are allocated towards other recruits/future grad classes so that is something to consider. For D2/D3 schools, there rules are much more lenient which gives players a chance to be 'evaluated' more however, even at those levels, they are also identifying players that fit their program during there sophomore and junior seasons. Nevertheless, a players Junior Year is very important. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have been told by Knowledgeable people who are involved with college coaches, and have multiple players committed or in college already, the summer completing 10th grade is the time to go. But, pick your schools and go to their prospect days. There are only a handful of Prospect days that have a good showing by D1 schools, and they are usually invitation only. I would check out the Blue Chip225 as a good learning opportunity, and a way to get some experience at a competitive level. My son did it and worked with great coaches, but not a ton of D1 exposure.

I was told to spend my money on training this summer, and to make sure that the team you are on is going to good tournaments. Nobody is looking at 2021, 2022 or 2023 this year with the rule changes, but next year, everyone will have their eyes on the 2021's, so get ready for that year, unless the rules change again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hypothetically, if you dont play on a "AA" team for whatever reason but your a legit player, can you get noticed by just going to prospect days - i guess a better question is, is, how many kids are getting recruited at the tournaments these days

Like Reply Quote
(NA) Re: Showcase
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
hypothetically, if you dont play on a "AA" team for whatever reason but your a legit player, can you get noticed by just going to prospect days - i guess a better question is, is, how many kids are getting recruited at the tournaments these days

Valid point. Prospect Days and Individual Showcases are essential regardless if you play on a "AA" team but you're exactly right with your rhetorical question...Over 2k kids at some of these recruiting events with maybe 100 scouts so it's not easy to be seen however, there are the smaller, boutique events that are typically invite only which is when I believe & can attest that I know players from a couple of teams receiving contact from in between 10-25 schools. But overall, no matter what level team or whatever team you play for, if you attend the right showcases and prospect days for schools on your target list, those are ways (i) to get or (ii) to receive 'extra exposure.'

As for the above post about 2021's not being recruited this year, I know for a fact from college coaches that they will be looking at them, especially towards the end of the summer. If you wait until the start of your junior year, hundreds to thousands of other players will have already been seen by a plethora of coaches and that is why when Sept. 1 comes around, players will receive phone calls at 12:01.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Boy or Girl?

There are some differences in the recruiting process.

Honest assessment of current and potential athletic ability?

Like Reply Quote
laxlol Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Boy
More specifically- I am inquiring about the debae between -"Save your money and play on a club that doesn't cost thousands" and "get on the best club that showcases"
I have read both sides- and still torn

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Boy
More specifically- I am inquiring about the debae between -"Save your money and play on a club that doesn't cost thousands" and "get on the best club that showcases"
I have read both sides- and still torn

As far as club, get on a team that plays in good tournaments and your son has friends there that play. It is all about the coach, getting better as a player, and playing against the correct level of competition. It would be tough to break into a AA team at this point, so I would go local. My son is on a great "A" team and is getting lots of invites from Colleges to come to their prospect days. That is where you will get an offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know when the Maverik Showtime invites for 2019 come out? I’ve heard it’s in August, but not sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know when the Maverik Showtime invites for 2019 come out? I’ve heard it’s in August, but not sure.

Does anyone know when or where it is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

End of August/beginning of September

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard