BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2027-4th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2027-4th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027-4th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone with a older daughter provide some advice on teams at this age (without all of the madness) Also anyone that has been around could provide some advice on Empire (Nassau) vs. Elevate in terms or training, tournaments, the way the origination is ran and just general experience they have had good or bad with both.

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run as fast as you can from Elevate...you will find folks who have good experience with DK and Elevate, but I would be willing to bet the ranch that they are in the vast minority...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun starting a team this age. Plan to stay local for tournaments next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets have a team at this age

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yellow Jackets have a team at this age

Thank you very much. If half of what I hear about yellow jackets is true I would prefer to wait to join that wonderful madness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters has a great program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone with a older daughter provide some advice on teams at this age (without all of the madness) Also anyone that has been around could provide some advice on Empire (Nassau) vs. Elevate in terms or training, tournaments, the way the origination is ran and just general experience they have had good or bad with both.

Thank you

Can’t speak for elevate but my daughter played for Empire last year and we were very happy, great coaches at this age and my daughter had a blast. Watching her throughout the year, her skills and Lax IQ improved tremendously in my opinion. Looking forward to another year with them as I find it to be well run and the director is always around to answer questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate charges for every training -- cash in envelope
if not on a team you are the step child

Thank you

Can’t speak for elevate but my daughter played for Empire last year and we were very happy, great coaches at this age and my daughter had a blast. Watching her throughout the year, her skills and Lax IQ improved tremendously in my opinion. Looking forward to another year with them as I find it to be well run and the director is always around to answer questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate charges for every training -- cash in envelope
if not on a team you are the step child

Thank you

So your tuition does not cover your training and uniform/tournament fees? I can understand adding extra training and charging for that but they have to provide basic services as a team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters. Great program and value. Girls definitely have a great time and learn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My advice is to go with the program that offers the most practices. YJ, for instance, includes around 10 practices which are nothing. Usually, the coaches do more on their own but aren't getting paid to do it.

Find a program where the girls are going to practice together, a lot, so they can learn the game the right way and move the ball. I've done YJ with my older daughter and it's not a great development environment which is what you need for younger kids, even the "really talented" ones, still need to learn to play the team game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone catch that email from CR last night? That's not a tone often heard from this organization and makes me think that registration may be down a bit for the 27/28 age group. We don't even have to bring our own balls this year. Maybe we won't even have to turn in the tryout pinnie this time around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone catch that email from CR last night? That's not a tone often heard from this organization and makes me think that registration may be down a bit for the 27/28 age group. We don't even have to bring our own balls this year. Maybe we won't even have to turn in the tryout pinnie this time around?

If you have so much disdain already, maybe you should find a new place for your daughter. If she sticks with it, you can be with the club for a long time, why sign up for years of unhappiness, find another option in which you don't have so much disdain for the director. Or are you just the type to complain about everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have so much disdain already, maybe you should find a new place for your daughter. If she sticks with it, you can be with the club for a long time, why sign up for years of unhappiness, find another option in which you don't have so much disdain for the director. Or are you just the type to complain about everything.

Well said, and lets leave this poor woman alone and stop acting like all her actions are so nefarious. She's gotten more kids into college than the GI Bill and all people want to do is bash her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, and lets leave this poor woman alone and stop acting like all her actions are so nefarious. She's gotten more kids into college than the GI Bill and all people want to do is bash her.

Wonder why??? The list goes on and on....not a good person!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder why??? The list goes on and on....not a good person!

Jealousy and envy mostly. Others look for a reason to dislike her when she calls it like it is and their kid gets bumped from a team. I am sure she doesn't get them all right, and some kids gets put on a lower team than is deserved (this is an entire debate by itself). But she does do right by her players, in regards to recruiting, making calls etc. (that recruiting fee is fake news doesn't happen) I have heard some positive stories from third team 2020's and how CR is making calls and is involved in their recruiting right now, so this illustrates her commitment to her players.

But there are other good clubs on LI who are providing competitive learning environments as well as YJ., a piece of advice, if you don't like the club or CR don't stay, your frustration will eventually be picked up on by your kid and have a negative impact. Find a place you are both happy, teach her to work hard and good things will happen no matter where she plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don’t come to tryouts tomorrow. The 26/27 combo team had a great season. We don’t need anybody with negativity on the team. We will survive without you. I can call you a waaaaaaaabulance if you need one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don’t come to tryouts tomorrow. The 26/27 combo team had a great season. We don’t need anybody with negativity on the team. We will survive without you. I can call you a waaaaaaaabulance if you need one.

Team stinks, and is not competitive off LI. All CR does is line her pockets with your money, honey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like you are familiar with the past practice and are hesitant about moving forward with YJ and are perhaps already dissatisfied with your experience. If you are unhappy or skeptical perhaps looking for another organization would be the best solution. This is supposed to be a positive experience for you, your child and her teammates and their families. If you are feeling negative it’s sure to bring feelings of negativity to the entire situation. Try shopping around as opposed to having your child try out tomorrow if that’s the intention-perhaps you will find something that’s a better fit for you/your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like you are familiar with the past practice and are hesitant about moving forward with YJ and are perhaps already dissatisfied with your experience. If you are unhappy or skeptical perhaps looking for another organization would be the best solution. This is supposed to be a positive experience for you, your child and her teammates and their families. If you are feeling negative it’s sure to bring feelings of negativity to the entire situation. Try shopping around as opposed to having your child try out tomorrow if that’s the intention-perhaps you will find something that’s a better fit for you/your child.

News Flash: Not everyone wants to be on YJ. My daughter would never tryout for that organization, it's toxic. It's not about being good enough, because that is a non issue for us, it's about the culture of the leadership. There are so many shady things that CR has done, for example, what's going on at Northport right now. Not negative, just telling the truth. We are very happy with a different organization, which I won't name, since I'm sure you would have something to say about since you sound like such a hammerhead. Good luck to all the girls trying out today, and don't forget to bring a ball!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty- Only pro Set girls
TG- Bill Smith
Elevate- Obvious what problem is
Legacy-2020 only relevant team

Every program has issues so take it easy with you thinking you know everything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers were pretty high for tryouts today. Looked like 25-30 4th graders. 18-20 3rd graders Looks like that will have planty of girls for a separate 2028 and 2027 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything said about CR is true. Both the good and the bad. If you’re on her good list you are well taken care of, as it should be. If not, you’re just a number and a check. That’s life and it doesn’t bother me one bit. However, Yellow Jackets are not a developmental program. Practices are limited and many of the coaches are just okay, not great. Some are terrible. A few are top notch. It all depends on year.

I like CR and she doesn’t bother me one bit. Lacrosse is a team sport and needs to be played as a team to be effective later on. In my opinion, you don’t really get that at YJ. First question to ask if any organization is who is the coach and how many practices are included? It’s harder on a beginning year to feel out coaches but once teams are established, next summer, contact the club and ask for your daughter to work in on a practice. You can see the coaching and see how she likes it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers were pretty high for tryouts today. Looked like 25-30 4th graders. 18-20 3rd graders Looks like that will have planty of girls for a separate 2028 and 2027 team.
3rd graders LOL....at this age it’s best to get the most playing g time possible at any club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG- Bill Smith

Hmm..about Bill Smith. He trained his daughter to become a Teewaraton award recipient, one of only two from LI, the other was developed through his program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a few questions for someone who played no for yelllow jackets last year.

1)Price says 650 “registration fee” then you pay for then tournaments?

2) says practice start in April. No indoor?

Just wondering if someone who’s played on 27/26 combo team last year could help me out with how much a season costs.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a few questions for someone who played no for yelllow jackets last year.

1)Price says 650 “registration fee” then you pay for then tournaments?

2) says practice start in April. No indoor?

Just wondering if someone who’s played on 27/26 combo team last year could help me out with how much a season costs.

Thanks

I do not have a daughter on the 27/26 combo team. My 27 is elsewhere, not knocking YJ though. However, this is generally how it works with YJ as my older daughter was there for three years.

1) You pay registration $650
2) You pay a separate tournament fee, usually around the same cost as registration. $650 ish
3) 10 practices are included. Your coach may do more at his/her own discretion. Many coaches do, but they aren't paid to do so by YJ.
4) Winter training is not included. You have to sign up for it separately and it is on the YJ website. It does fill up kind of quickly, so if you want it, sign up. Al Bertolone from Mt. Sinai usually runs it and does an excellent job in my opinion. You'll have to check the price, it's been a while. It is an instructional scrimmage format and he teaches a lot. I have heard some parents complain about playing time so your mileage may vary but I still think it's worth it.
5) Position specific training is offered through YJ at an additional cost. Never done that so I can't say how good or bad it is.

Some teams will run indoor practices, generally coached by a parent, which you've got to pay for the indoor space. You'll need to hear from a YJ parent directly as to whether this team does that or not. Usually, the cost is anywhere from $20-30 per child per practice to pay for the indoor time. (Not included in the total below)

All in, it's roughly $1700 - $2000 and that does not include travel expenses which are the biggest expense. If your team travels out of state, figure a minimum of $600 per weekend between hotel, gas, food, and tolls. That is per tournament and YJ usually has a couple of trips to MD, DE or NJ. Less out of state tournaments for the younger kids these days. Most other girls programs bake all the additional costs into one flat rate but overall the cost is roughly the same more or less. The other programs tend to stay more on LI at the younger grades which keeps costs down and there is plenty of competition here on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone who is spot on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info about the yellow jackets tuition. You gave me more information than 10 emails to the yellow jackets. I have two older boys in travel lax and this is my first foray into the girls programs. With boys it’s usually pay one price.....fall, indoor, spring, tournaments. For yellow jackets being such an “elite program” I can’t seem to get any information from them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info about the yellow jackets tuition. You gave me more information than 10 emails to the yellow jackets. I have two older boys in travel lax and this is my first foray into the girls programs. With boys it’s usually pay one price.....fall, indoor, spring, tournaments. For yellow jackets being such an “elite program” I can’t seem to get any information from them

CR only concerned with cashing checks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what other programs are people happy with out there ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're very happy with Legacy. I have two kids there. Everything is clearly spelled out. The director is very concerned about developing kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're very happy with Legacy. I have two kids there. Everything is clearly spelled out. The director is very concerned about developing kids.

That's all that matters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me about Liberty? Top Guns? Jesters? Medusa? My daughter didn’t play this year so I am starting research from scratch. How much movement is there between “A” and “B” teams at this age? Not looking for drama. Honest question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me about Liberty? Top Guns? Jesters? Medusa? My daughter didn’t play this year so I am starting research from scratch. How much movement is there between “A” and “B” teams at this age? Not looking for drama. Honest question.

Hi- my daughter plays for Jesters and we love it. Super-nice people in charge, everything professionally done (down to how they deliver the uniforms) and they always talk about academics to the girls. Communication is impeccable; they understand that these girls have 100 things going on and they plan accordingly. Could not be happier with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from the small local clubs. Most are a waste of time and run by HS kids who didn't make their HS team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from the small local clubs. Most are a waste of time and run by HS kids who didn't make their HS team.

Which ones?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't go wrong with Jesters. Honestly they will probably never be playing nationals but an all around great club. Also for the money it's the best around. If you honestly think your daughter is the next Kylie Ohlmiller maybe look at YJ of TG(note there will probably be drama with these clubs), it not Jesters is yours team. Also note as of now Jesters only has 1 team, so don't have to worry about A & B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG- Bill Smith

Hmm..about Bill Smith. He trained his daughter to become a Teewaraton award recipient, one of only two from LI, the other was developed through his program.

Top Guns intrigues me... don't hear too many negative things about them and they play top tournaments. We signed up for the summer camp to check it out. Am in central nassau

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard