BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2021 Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any girls making moves this year or do you think it's all set?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think girls stay put. Unless there is a major issue, it's too risky for most to jump ship in the last 12 months before recruiting opens up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Risky. Last summer/fall was the time to move. Unless of course you are physically moving or there is MAJOR issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All kinds of movement at the top in Baltimore. TLC top player moving to M&D, Skywalker open tryouts and open recruiting for new players, other programs also recruiting players.

I understand movement, not active cherrypicking of players not unhappy with their current team. Why not just develop your own players?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All kinds of movement at the top in Baltimore. TLC top player moving to M&D, Skywalker open tryouts and open recruiting for new players, other programs also recruiting players.

I understand movement, not active cherrypicking of players not unhappy with their current team. Why not just develop your own players?

Because they dont have the innate talent. Either you've got it or you dont. Win at all costs is the team mentality

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls are choosing to move on their own. There is no recruiting taking place. As I understand it, M&D held 2021 tryouts by invitation only and SW always holds tryouts for their rising 10th grade teams. This is the last chance girls have to move before all of these teams lock for the remainder of High School.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC lost players but the remaining players will get significantly more playing time when it matters most. They will not be top tier but they are well coached and will be competitive. The grass is always greener...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team for the TLC top player?

We had a girl leave and go to another, more winning, team. I say let them have them. The parents, all they did was grouse about the lack of wins. And openly mock coaching decisions. Meanwhile this girl will ride pine.
Meanwhile our strong girls are already "being seen" by the right coaches for their level.
People on here will talk about how if you are good enough, you will get the exposure you deserve. So true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you why some girls have moved from "Club ABC".
Its obvious that our team is lacking skill in "the draw".
We lose games because we can never get the ball at the draw, for example.
This skill/training is never offered to our team/middies at any practice except the initial fall practice and the initial spring practice.
Just as if its good enough to appease everyone, and then it falls off because the club directors head is no longer in the game because his kids have grown and flown the program.
This is how clubs fail. And also let your teams head spin while the other clubs have some kind of winter program or league.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they dont have the innate talent. Either you've got it or you dont. Win at all costs is the team mentality

Are you implying that M&D/SW lack talent? Have those teams lost 10 games between them in the last 3 years? Girls chose to investigate other opportunities. In this case the strong likely get stronger. TLC will still be a competitive, well-coached team with more playing opportunities for the girls on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you implying that M&D/SW lack talent? Have those teams lost 10 games between them in the last 3 years? Girls chose to investigate other opportunities. In this case the strong likely get stronger. TLC will still be a competitive, well-coached team with more playing opportunities for the girls on the team.

Only 10 games in three years? Combined they were 1-5 against YJ just this past summer season alone. Have they not played each other for losses as well? Etc.... Both great teams, and yes loaded with talent, among the very top teams in the nation, but you must be on the outside looking in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think girls stay put. Unless there is a major issue, it's too risky for most to jump ship in the last 12 months before recruiting opens up.

I completely disagree. Yes there is risk, but it depends. Our daughter switched from 1 club in her 9th grade year (looks from a few D2/D3 programs) to another program in 10th grade and had 11 D1 offers in the fall.

It really comes down to coaching, club philosophy, and most important team chemistry. Mind you, this was a “B” team to “B” team move, but “A” teams are just the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely disagree. Yes there is risk, but it depends. Our daughter switched from 1 club in her 9th grade year (looks from a few D2/D3 programs) to another program in 10th grade and had 11 D1 offers in the fall.

It really comes down to coaching, club philosophy, and most important team chemistry. Mind you, this was a “B” team to “B” team move, but “A” teams are just the same.

I obviously don't know you or your daughter, but more looks as a 10th grader could have just been that she was a year older - schools filled their classes of 12th and then 11th graders, and moved onto 10th. Or, based on your statement that she was on a B team, maybe the schools were turned down by their A team targets and moved on. I wouldn't necessarily put it all on a club change - sounds like a normal progression.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I obviously don't know you or your daughter, but more looks as a 10th grader could have just been that she was a year older - schools filled their classes of 12th and then 11th graders, and moved onto 10th. Or, based on your statement that she was on a B team, maybe the schools were turned down by their A team targets and moved on. I wouldn't necessarily put it all on a club change - sounds like a normal progression.

if you play on a B team many directors will push their A players ahead of you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you play on a B team many directors will push their A players ahead of you.

DON'T count on club doing anything for you - do all your own research, find the schools you're interested in and go to all there clinics/camps - for better or worse you will be seen and evaluated by them in real time. Lacrosse Masters has some very good clinics you can attend, especially the micro clinics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an idea what SAT scores are generally required for girls lax recruits in the Ivy League?

Can a pretty good player, but not an all star, make it onto a team by posting a high enough SAT/GPA? I'm wondering if there is a spot or two for players who bring up the team average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an idea what SAT scores are generally required for girls lax recruits in the Ivy League?

Can a pretty good player, but not an all star, make it onto a team by posting a high enough SAT/GPA? I'm wondering if there is a spot or two for players who bring up the team average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously - 1300 what school district do you live in? Not even close - to truly get into those schools on Academics you need well above 1500. If you are trying to get in by showing your academics are strong in a school like that for a "pretty good player" I think you need at least 1450 and a high GPA along with a bunch of AP classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain why Elevate B has 28 on the roster ????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can anyone explain why Elevate B has 28 on the roster ????

28 tried out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously - 1300 what school district do you live in? Not even close - to truly get into those schools on Academics you need well above 1500. If you are trying to get in by showing your academics are strong in a school like that for a "pretty good player" I think you need at least 1450 and a high GPA along with a bunch of AP classes.

Depends on the definition of pretty good player and which Ivy. 1300 will get you into Columbia or Brown if they want you and you have a high GPA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously why the attitude. If you have been recruited by an Ivy league school in general a 1300 will do ,even at Harvard and Princeton but class rank also factors in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously why the attitude. If you have been recruited by an Ivy league school in general a 1300 will do ,even at Harvard and Princeton but class rank also factors in.

My daughter was recruited by an Ivy, and was told she needed a 1250-1300 by the head coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was recruited by an Ivy, and was told she needed a 1250-1300 by the head coach

That sounds like the answer. I'd guess that your daughter is probably a very strong player who had plenty of other options. I'm wondering if every other recruit at the same school had such a relatively low hurdle (for Ivies anyway -- average scores at those schools are from 1480 to 1540).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was recruited by an Ivy also, she only needed a 1050-1100.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Ivy's it depends on the individual school. Most are more interested in the students ACT score. High GPA, and class rank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends on the Ivy. If you are trying to get your daughter recruited by HYPP and she’s not a top player she would need about a 1500 and outstanding if not perfect GPA. Remember there are legacies who are actively and financially involved in these schools who have children who might not be superstar lax players but will be considered if academics really strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely because 28 kids tried out and they didn’t have enough to make a C team so they just kept them all on a B team. That will be a mess this summer. I can’t imagine they would turn down one kid and give up the $$$$$. Not a chance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there a roster overhaul on Heros Green this fall? They've struggled to win games against teams that normally they would beat handily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there a roster overhaul on Heros Green this fall? They've struggled to win games against teams that normally they would beat handily.

Not rocket science. Other teams caught up to them just like everyone said they would 2-3 years ago. It's not that they got worse, but other clubs improved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

My daughter's team is playing this weekend in IWLCA. I am looking at her bracket and the rest of the brackets. I see several with two or more of the teams I consider elite in them and I see many that are comprised of teams that I have never heard of. Unfortunately, my daughter's bracket falls into the latter category. Will there be coaches at all of the games or will the coaches only watch the YJ, Monster, Liberty, Steps, Heroes, Capital, M&D, TLC, Skywalkers... games? I am sure the event will be fun and worth wile regardless but I am hoping that my daughter and her team will be seen. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

My daughter's team is playing this weekend in IWLCA. I am looking at her bracket and the rest of the brackets. I see several with two or more of the teams I consider elite in them and I see many that are comprised of teams that I have never heard of. Unfortunately, my daughter's bracket falls into the latter category. Will there be coaches at all of the games or will the coaches only watch the YJ, Monster, Liberty, Steps, Heroes, Capital, M&D, TLC, Skywalkers... games? I am sure the event will be fun and worth wile regardless but I am hoping that my daughter and her team will be seen. Thank you.

All teams will get looks. There are very good individual players even on some of the lesser competitive teams and the coaches know this. There will also be many coaches from less competitive college programs who would be not spending their time wisely if they only look at the top players from the powerhouse teams. Reality is, just as the students are often over shooting for interest of top programs, there are also programs over shooting for interest from top players. There will be plenty of players and coaches, with opportunities for all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

All teams will get looks. There are very good individual players even on some of the lesser competitive teams and the coaches know this. There will also be many coaches from less competitive college programs who would be not spending their time wisely if they only look at the top players from the powerhouse teams. Reality is, just as the students are often over shooting for interest of top programs, there are also programs over shooting for interest from top players. There will be plenty of players and coaches, with opportunities for all.

Coaches will not randomly show-up. Send the top ten on your daughter’s list e-mails, send video, that will increase the chances they come watch. Be realistic, find the right mix of academics and level of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last two posts are great advice. Send an email to schools you and your daughter are interested in and they will comes see her at some point. The process is not hard. If your daughter plays hard and works her tail off, she will get noticed. Maybe not this weekend but the next or the one after that. All the coaches are not going to mnd vs sw every game. Just my two cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

Coaches will not randomly show-up. Send the top ten on your daughter’s list e-mails, send video, that will increase the chances they come watch. Be realistic, find the right mix of academics and level of lacrosse.

Here is a quick list of other considerations to put that school list together, there are others online...

When determining the college or university you may wish to attend, the following questions are helpful:

Do they have a women's lacrosse program and what level of play (Division I, II, III)?

What course subjects or degree do I wish to obtain?

What is the academic selectivity of these schools compared with academic performance?

How large is the college or universities student body?

What is the geographic local of the college or university?
(small town, urban city or suburb)

Do I wish to stay close to home or am I open to other states/regions?
(consider distance and method of travel)

What type of school in terms of size of enrollment?

What is my financial situation? Do I need a scholarship (athletic/academic, financial aid)?

Would I stay at this school if I no longer played lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

This is true and good advice however be advised that most coaches stick to the ESPN WWW and do not go over to the games at LM Sports park.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

This is true and good advice however be advised that most coaches stick to the ESPN WWW and do not go over to the games at LM Sports park.

All the 2021's play at LM on Saturday. I'm sure there will be plenty of coaches there that day. Not many D1 coaches watching 2020s these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

You could not be more wrong. All the best matchups of the top teams are slated for Sat at the lake fields. Every single top school who are targeting the top 2021 prospects will be at that venue Saturday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard