BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 112 of 214 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes !! The coaches want to win !
They picked the players that will help them win !

I’ll bet all my money the negative comments are from parents of players that did not make the cut.
stop it - Use this as a way to make you daughter work harder instead of teaching her to make up excuses - adversity builds character!!

The coach can't even get her team into the NCAA tournament. Her players are good, not great. Many of the actual best girls were cut because of favoritism. My daughter did not try out since she is only in 9th grade. I have watched this process on boys and girls side for many years, and it is a total joke. As far as adversity building character, it's interesting if you follow kids cut from these teams that deserved to be there over the favors (we all know who they are) you will see that the majority went on to become college All Americans, where as the questionable kids picked by their college coaches didn't do much. Those are the facts, and it's a shame that US Lacrosse allows this to happen! As far as winning, this tournament is a joke, no other country knows how to play lacrosse with the exception of Canada mens, so stop with your best chances of winning, my daughters 9th grade YJ team would beat every team that the USA team plays.

And there you have it......read the last sentence...little YJ bee parent informing all that he/she is some kind of authority (oh yea, they all are), lets se....., daughter didn't try out-but little parent bee knows who should have been picked for team,, the tournament is a joke-little parent bee feels need to opine, little YJ bee parent has evaluated the process for "many years"-therefore knows more than the coaches doing evaluations, "the actual best girls were cut"-I guess little parent bee was observing the selection process, and of course the "shame" that this is allowed to happen. ........and they wonder how they get their reputation.

You can try to change the subject, unfortunately facts don't lie. Tournament is a joke and US Lacrosse is incompetent. Excelling on a college team is a true sign of a great player, not being picked as someones favor for a low level tournament. Wait till they make the next round of cuts, will be another shshow! Like watching a car crash!

Below is cut and paste from earlier post.... Don't know all of the players but I am sure that they are all very good. Some of you really need to give it a rest. Every time there is a Team or a List or a player who is named MVP or Recruited by a Top Program the haters come out to bash. I am pretty suer that just about all of the players from the last U19 Team are doing just fine at their respective colleges. I am willing to bet that this group will continue to excel as well. I am also willing to bet that the people bashing this team are the same people who bash everything else. Congrats to the players who were selected.

**"Here we go again, the jealousy bitterness and hate all over again. For years I have been listening to the same old bs from delusional parents who whine and complain about this sport. Most of the time the complaints come from parents who know very little about lacrosse or competitive athletics in general. The thing that amazes me most is how their lack of knowledge and understanding never stops them from spewing their nonsense.

109 young women were invited to the tryouts (I am sure they are all very good players) 36 were selected for the team I am also sure that those players are also very good players.

There are three 2017 players I am sure having played a year of college lacrosse gave them an advantage.

There are 17 players from the class of 2018. Eight of those players were ranked Top 40 by Inside lacrosse, were 2018 UA Senior All-Americans and now earned a spot on the US National Team. The College coaches at Duke, USC, Loyola, Princeton, Northwestern and North Carolina also think that these players are pretty darn good as well. But no, you know better it is all political and the selections are real head scratchers.

In addition to those eight players two of the other 18's were also ranked in the Top 40 by IL and they are excellent. Two others were on the IL watch list, (one of which was named 2018 UA Senior All-American and according to the announcers during the game had an incredible performance) and now they earned a spot on the US Team. Pretty good as well.

13 of the 17 players from the class of 2018 would be considered "Consensus All-Americans" but no, the know it all parents on this site know better than the people who evaluate talent for a living.

There were nine 2019's selected. Six of the nine played at UA and were also ranked by Inside Lacrosse and now made The US Team. One of the nine played at UA and another was ranked by IL. There was one player out of nine who did not play at UA and was not ranked by IL. The 2019's are headed to Notre Dame, Princeton, Penn State, Northwestern, North Carolina, Maryland, Richmond and UMass. I will take the consensus of IL, UA, USLacrosse and their future college coaches over the know nothing bitter hateful parents on this site. Six of nine IL, UA, USA.... but they aren't very good it was all based on politics.

It looks like four of six the 2020's would be considered consensus picks as they were ranked by IL, played at UA and now earned a spot on the US U19 National Team. The 20's are headed to Syracuse, UVA, Stanford, BC and one uncommitted. Pretty good.

I will take the opinions of IL, UA, the college coaches who recruited these players, the evaluators at the tryouts and most of all The Head Coach of the US U19 Women's National Team who by the way has a pretty impressive resume. The rest of you can go scratch your butt and continue to whine and complain.

USA!"**

Yawn.......boring which is why nobody cares or will be watching. Can we please get back to HS lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are really all a bunch of losers . Is there politics involved in the U19 team selection , absolutely . Will each of the players selected be at a minimum very good players, absolutely. Will every player who makes the team be a successful player in college , no chance , will some be successful , yes. To those of us who have kids that made it thru the selection process , congrats ,but don’t for a second believe that there are not many other players who could have gotten the spot and the team would do just as well. There are only two teams that have a chance at winning and honestly the US is much deeper in talent .

As with every time a "Team" is made or a "List" is put out or a player commits to one of the "Top Programs" the haters come on here and try to diminish the accomplishment and or the player.

You are a bunch of losers who need to realize that belittling others or the team/process will never elevate your daughter .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll bet all my money the negative comments are from parents of players that did not make the cut.
stop it - Use this as a way to make you daughter work harder instead of teaching her to make up excuses - adversity builds character!!

The coach can't even get her team into the NCAA tournament. Her players are good, not great. Many of the actual best girls were cut because of favoritism. My daughter did not try out since she is only in 9th grade. I have watched this process on boys and girls side for many years, and it is a total joke. As far as adversity building character, it's interesting if you follow kids cut from these teams that deserved to be there over the favors (we all know who they are) you will see that the majority went on to become college All Americans, where as the questionable kids picked by their college coaches didn't do much. Those are the facts, and it's a shame that US Lacrosse allows this to happen! As far as winning, this tournament is a joke, no other country knows how to play lacrosse with the exception of Canada mens, so stop with your best chances of winning, my daughters 9th grade YJ team would beat every team that the USA team plays.

haha get your grades up otherwise see ya at Marist!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could be wrong but is it possible that of all the players that were named first team all Americans this year in D1 not one of them represented the USA playing for the U19 team . That cannot possibly be correct .If that is true how do you explain that other than one of those processes are overly political.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are really all a bunch of losers . Is there politics involved in the U19 team selection , absolutely . Will each of the players selected be at a minimum very good players, absolutely. Will every player who makes the team be a successful player in college , no chance , will some be successful , yes. To those of us who have kids that made it thru the selection process , congrats ,but don’t for a second believe that there are not many other players who could have gotten the spot and the team would do just as well. There are only two teams that have a chance at winning and honestly the US is much deeper in talent .

As with every time a "Team" is made or a "List" is put out or a player commits to one of the "Top Programs" the haters come on here and try to diminish the accomplishment and or the player.

You are a bunch of losers who need to realize that belittling others or the team/process will never elevate your daughter .

The thing you don’t get is several posters, including myself are not trying to “elevate “ our daughters. Mine is too young to try out, but one day she will be. It’s just gross how many of the most deserving kids are cut in favor of favors. Just wrong for the girls who worked their tails off and deserved a fair evaluation. I know..life’s not fair, but a US Lacrosse sponsored tryout should be. Bottom line

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there you have it......read the last sentence...little YJ bee parent informing all that he/she is some kind of authority (oh yea, they all are), lets se....., daughter didn't try out-but little parent bee knows who should have been picked for team,, the tournament is a joke-little parent bee feels need to opine, little YJ bee parent has evaluated the process for "many years"-therefore knows more than the coaches doing evaluations, "the actual best girls were cut"-I guess little parent bee was observing the selection process, and of course the "shame" that this is allowed to happen. ........and they wonder how they get their reputation.

Pretty funny since your daughters YJ team couldn't win UA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thing you don’t get is several posters, including myself are not trying to “elevate “ our daughters. Mine is too young to try out, but one day she will be. It’s just gross how many of the most deserving kids are cut in favor of favors. Just wrong for the girls who worked their tails off and deserved a fair evaluation. I know..life’s not fair, but a US Lacrosse sponsored tryout should be. Bottom line

Most deserving ? Girls who worked their tails off? Get a grip, how the heck do you know who the most deserving players are? Are you suggesting that the players that made the team didn't work hard?

Keep telling yourself that you know better than the coaches who evaluated and picked the team. Do you realize how foolish you sound? The attacks by parents happen every time players other than their daughter recieve recognition. These losers post on this site, they spew their venom on the sidelines and they carry on in their social circles. They are jealous and bitter and they believe that their daughter is the best player out there. I do not know how the team was selected or who had the ultimate say but I believe KAH should have the most input.

The haters are going to hate , can't stop them. Just know this, most of the stunands posting and carrying on know very little about the sport but that never stops them from shooting their mouth off. It's actually funny listening to some of them but sad how their jealousy comes out as they try to tear others down.

Congratulations to all who made it. Good luck the rest of the way. Go USA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could be wrong but is it possible that of all the players that were named first team all Americans this year in D1 not one of them represented the USA playing for the U19 team . That cannot possibly be correct .If that is true how do you explain that other than one of those processes are overly political.

Interesting. I would not have guessed that to be the case, but I think you are correct. Seniors would have been too old to be considered for that U19 team, but even including 2nd and 3rd AA teams there are only a couple of names in common for Fr, So, Jr players. Just goes to show that people put too much importance and get too worked up about teams like UA, U19, etc. It is what it is. Great experience for the girls selected, and we should all try to be happy for them even if our daughters weren’t selected because the players do not control the process. But, making these teams has no bearing on future success and accolades on college team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. I would not have guessed that to be the case, but I think you are correct. Seniors would have been too old to be considered for that U19 team, but even including 2nd and 3rd AA teams there are only a couple of names in common for Fr, So, Jr players. Just goes to show that people put too much importance and get too worked up about teams like UA, U19, etc. It is what it is. Great experience for the girls selected, and we should all try to be happy for them even if our daughters weren’t selected because the players do not control the process. But, making these teams has no bearing on future success and accolades on college team.

EXACTLY. Many of most talented girls are not getting because of politics. There is a big problem with the tryout process. Shame on US Lacrosse. Been going on for years and needs to stop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the seniors could have made the previous U19 team but none did. Just seems like a strange coincidence but hopefully it gives some of these parents who are spouting off about their kids some humility. The posters on here who are stating that the whole U19 process is political are ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the parents of kids who made the cut so far and say no politics play a role. If you are trying to make it a true tryout process then the selected coaches of the team should not be involved in the selection process until the final cuts and evaluators should not be evaluating players they have a relationship with that may be perceived as a conflict .Now you will get the longwinded braggart who thinks KAH is the greatest coach in history and should be allowed to pick "her" team, the thing is its not her team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget who made it, who did not make it. Those petty snubs and favors will always exist. Don’t look at the players names, don’t look at the clubs they played for or the states or anything else. Purely look at where they are committed to. Eyes wide open, glaring problem with the selection 100% based on that criteria alone. If you don’t see it, you are blind and willing to look the other way. Not bitter, don’t have a kid eligible for this go around, and I did not form my opinion on makes and not makes. I purely looked at the commit list and was blown away, scream politics at the highest level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry - I’m a NJ UA parent and just spit my coffee 🤣 Well done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty funny since your daughters YJ team couldn't win UA

UA is way more competitive than the "USA" team competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the seniors could have made the previous U19 team but none did. Just seems like a strange coincidence but hopefully it gives some of these parents who are spouting off about their kids some humility. The posters on here who are stating that the whole U19 process is political are ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the parents of kids who made the cut so far and say no politics play a role. If you are trying to make it a true tryout process then the selected coaches of the team should not be involved in the selection process until the final cuts and evaluators should not be evaluating players they have a relationship with that may be perceived as a conflict .Now you will get the longwinded braggart who thinks KAH is the greatest coach in history and should be allowed to pick "her" team, the thing is its not her team.

Somebody gets it. Wish others didn't have their heads buried in the sand, or elsewhere!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody gets it. Wish others didn't have their heads buried in the sand, or elsewhere!

Nothing wrong about being proud of your daughter! Plus there are many girls that were chosen that have no political ties whatsoever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget who made it, who did not make it. Those petty snubs and favors will always exist. Don’t look at the players names, don’t look at the clubs they played for or the states or anything else. Purely look at where they are committed to. Eyes wide open, glaring problem with the selection 100% based on that criteria alone. If you don’t see it, you are blind and willing to look the other way. Not bitter, don’t have a kid eligible for this go around, and I did not form my opinion on makes and not makes. I purely looked at the commit list and was blown away, scream politics at the highest level.

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

two players not committed.

With the exception of Northwestern it looks like a pretty good mix of schools. I have no problem with the Head Coach selecting her players "she recruited them so obviously she thinks that they are good players". Were there NU players / recruits at the tryout who did not make the team? Were there NU players / recruits who did not get invited to the tryouts? Do you think that none of the NU players / recruits belong on the team.

I think that as usual most of the banter on here stems from sour grapes. It is not all politics.

Congrats to the players who made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

With the exception of Northwestern it looks like a pretty good mix of schools. I have no problem with the Head Coach selecting her players "she recruited them so obviously she thinks that they are good players". Were there NU players / recruits at the tryout who did not make the team? Were there NU players / recruits who did not get invited to the tryouts? Do you think that none of the NU players / recruits belong on the team.

I think that as usual most of the banter on here stems from sour grapes. It is not all politics.

That’s what you take away from that list? Really? Blind
USlacrosse should allow the coaches a limit of 2 so this does not happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooo....lets review....6 pages of drivel about the U19 team. And what did we learn??? Some girls made the team and some were cut. The coach doesn't know what she is doing. US lacrosse is useless. The players that made it were picked because of politics. The YJ 9th grade team would win the tournament. I would say they are the same conclusions found on most of the BOTC threads just insert boys/girls and grad year. The only thing missing is one team calling another teams parent obnoxious know-it-alls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

Yes, and this is my issue with US USELESS. Happens every time they pick a National team. They do absolutely nothing for the sport but collect money for there own use, not to further the sport. Just sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

Yes, and this is my issue with US USELESS. Happens every time they pick a National team. They do absolutely nothing for the sport but collect money for there own use, not to further the sport. Just sad!

Waaaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaah. Enough with your whining. What do they do every time? Here is s news flash: Lacrosse is not an individual sport, it is not wrestling or swimming or track . All evaluators have their own opinions coaches know the type of player they want. There are always going to be more capable players than there are roster spots. If 109 players were invited to tryout and they selected 36 there are at least an additional 10 - 15 players who are at the same level as the players who made the team. The head coach should have final say. Stop with the it's not fair BS. Nothing is fair. Who should select the team? Delusional parents who know nothing yet question every team that has ever been picked?

It is always the same on here. Disgruntled , delusional parents of players who are not picked or named or recruited come on here and [ChillLaxin].

If your daughter made it that's great, good for her be proud.

If your daughter was not selected that stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we approach September 1, we can all look forward to more of the same whining and negative comments when the 2020's start committing. Lets see, we will hear "thats a real head scratcher" "she will never play there" "50% of the girls quit" "she only got book money" "my daughter is going D III because she wants to focus on academics" "she will major in basketweaving" "I don't get it, why did they recruit her, I just don't see it" "it's all politics" "you have to be connected to get the looks" "her father knows someone" "she is not even the best on our team, how is she going there" Bla Bla Bla.

Good luck to all. Hope your daughter finds the right fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As we approach September 1, we can all look forward to more of the same whining and negative comments when the 2020's start committing. Lets see, we will hear "thats a real head scratcher" "she will never play there" "50% of the girls quit" "she only got book money" "my daughter is going D III because she wants to focus on academics" "she will major in basketweaving" "I don't get it, why did they recruit her, I just don't see it" "it's all politics" "you have to be connected to get the looks" "her father knows someone" "she is not even the best on our team, how is she going there" Bla Bla Bla.

Good luck to all. Hope your daughter finds the right fit.

Ha. I agree. reference #271584 if you want to add a few more comments we can expect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

Waaaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaah. Enough with your whining. What do they do every time? Here is s news flash: Lacrosse is not an individual sport, it is not wrestling or swimming or track . All evaluators have their own opinions coaches know the type of player they want. There are always going to be more capable players than there are roster spots. If 109 players were invited to tryout and they selected 36 there are at least an additional 10 - 15 players who are at the same level as the players who made the team. The head coach should have final say. Stop with the it's not fair BS. Nothing is fair. Who should select the team? Delusional parents who know nothing yet question every team that has ever been picked?

It is always the same on here. Disgruntled , delusional parents of players who are not picked or named or recruited come on here and [ChillLaxin].

You think you know it all, however if you learned how to read, you would see that several people commenting did NOT have a daughter who tried out, so your theory is dead wrong. SOME people just look at whats going on and see that there are major problems in this process. Maybe, one day my daughter will try out for this team, and I would like to see the process be fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

You think you know it all, however if you learned how to read, you would see that several people commenting did NOT have a daughter who tried out, so your theory is dead wrong. SOME people just look at whats going on and see that there are major problems in this process. Maybe, one day my daughter will try out for this team, and I would like to see the process be fair.

But until then it is tainted, the team stinks, theirs no competition etc etc.... I guess all the parents of the kids that made it and worked their butts off preparing should not be proud and excited...its really not an honor and it's a waste.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they straighten out the process, it will be an honor, but there still won’t be any real competition. UA is the real U19 competition, and that one has its issues as well, but not as bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at both UA and U19.
The U19 was much more competitive and difficult.
The U19 had better athletes. All the players were A+ players.
UA has a range of A+ to B level talent.
Just the workout alone at the U19 was worth spending the weekend.
I would recommend it to any player that wants to play college lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked at the list.

Northwestern - 7
North Carolina - 4
Notre Dame - 2
Princeton - 2
Duke - 2
UMass - 2
Maryland - 2
USC
Brown
Hofstra
Loyola
Richmond
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Oregon
Stanford
Penn
Virginia
Boston College
Syracuse

There are also several people posting (who did not have a daughter at the tryout) who just can't listen to the same old BS about it not being fair. Club team tryouts are not fair, High School Honors are not fair, Brine not fair, Under Armour not fair, Maryland Holdbacks not fair, School Girls not fair, All Tournament / MVP not fair, Inside Lacrosse Player Rankings not fair , Under Armour Senior All-America not fair, Recruiting not fair, US U19 National Team not fair, US National Team Not fair, NCAA Tournament Seedings not fair, College Rankings not fair, Tewarraton Award Not fair. The list goes on and on and it is always the same. Most of the time the debate / argument starts after a delusional or disgruntled parent posts a negative comment in order to diminish the players that were recognized and or made a team. It is always sour grapes and they try to tear down and diminish everything .

Congratulations to the young women who made the team. It is an incredible honor and they should be proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume that you are referencing the Under Armour Underclass Tournament (288 players). I would expect the competition to be tougher at the U19 Tryouts (109 players) due to the fact that 2018's and 2017's were at the U19 Tryouts. Under Armour is by far the most competitive tournament around. The Senior All-American game is the highest level of High School competition (44 players). When compairing the rosters of the 44 Under Armour All-Americans and the list of players who were invited to try out for the US Team I see many of the same names. When you throw in the 2019's and 2020's many who also competed at Under Armour and were considered standouts you are going to have a very competitive situation. More than 500 players applied to tryout. The coaches invited 109 players. I am sure that all of the players at the tryout were very strong. No easy way to select the team, too many good players to choose from. There will never be a clear drop off at a given number. I watched the video of the tryouts and read and listened to what KAH said they were looking for. It looks to me like they told the players what they were looking for and I have to believe they held true during their evaluations. I don't like the disproportionate number of Northwestern Players but I get it and I absolutely believe that the coach of any team should have more of a say than anyone else.

There is no shortage of haters on here who will complain about the tryouts and then sit around wishing for the players who made it to fail in some way. I choose to wish the players and the coaches well.

109 players went out and gave their best effort. They should all be proud it is an honor to be invited to such a tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just not be a first team AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume that you are referencing the Under Armour Underclass Tournament (288 players). I would expect the competition to be tougher at the U19 Tryouts (109 players) due to the fact that 2018's and 2017's were at the U19 Tryouts. Under Armour is by far the most competitive tournament around. The Senior All-American game is the highest level of High School competition (44 players). When compairing the rosters of the 44 Under Armour All-Americans and the list of players who were invited to try out for the US Team I see many of the same names. When you throw in the 2019's and 2020's many who also competed at Under Armour and were considered standouts you are going to have a very competitive situation. More than 500 players applied to tryout. The coaches invited 109 players. I am sure that all of the players at the tryout were very strong. No easy way to select the team, too many good players to choose from. There will never be a clear drop off at a given number. I watched the video of the tryouts and read and listened to what KAH said they were looking for. It looks to me like they told the players what they were looking for and I have to believe they held true during their evaluations. I don't like the disproportionate number of Northwestern Players but I get it and I absolutely believe that the coach of any team should have more of a say than anyone else.

There is no shortage of haters on here who will complain about the tryouts and then sit around wishing for the players who made it to fail in some way. I choose to wish the players and the coaches well.

109 players went out and gave their best effort. They should all be proud it is an honor to be invited to such a tryout.

I was talking about the level of competition, not making the UA team. The U19 team may be more difficult to make, but after that there is no competition, not exciting, nobody cares. Where as in the UA games there are many talented girls spread over many teams, making for great lacrosse. Have fun playing team Israel!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just not be a first team AA.

Go away lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was talking about the level of competition, not making the UA team. The U19 team may be more difficult to make, but after that there is no competition, not exciting, nobody cares. Where as in the UA games there are many talented girls spread over many teams, making for great lacrosse. Have fun playing team Israel!

500 plus players (parents) cared enough to want to be a part of the tryouts / team / games. Funny how only after players don't make it their parents belittle it and say nobody cares. Have heard all of the same nonsense regarding Under Armour for years.

The haters come out every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds great but you need to be invited to the tryout.. not an option for most players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume that you are referencing the Under Armour Underclass Tournament (288 players). I would expect the competition to be tougher at the U19 Tryouts (109 players) due to the fact that 2018's and 2017's were at the U19 Tryouts. Under Armour is by far the most competitive tournament around. The Senior All-American game is the highest level of High School competition (44 players). When compairing the rosters of the 44 Under Armour All-Americans and the list of players who were invited to try out for the US Team I see many of the same names. When you throw in the 2019's and 2020's many who also competed at Under Armour and were considered standouts you are going to have a very competitive situation. More than 500 players applied to
tryout. The coaches invited 109 players. I am sure that all of the players at the tryout were very strong. No easy way to select the team, too many good players to choose from. There will never be a clear drop off at a given number. I watched the video of the tryouts and read and listened to what KAH said they were looking for. It looks to me like they told the players what they were looking for and I have to believe they held true during their evaluations. I don't like the disproportionate number of Northwestern Players but I get it and I absolutely believe that the coach of any team should have more of a say than anyone else.

500 plus players (parents) cared enough to want to be a part of the tryouts / team / games. Funny how only after players don't make it their parents belittle it and say nobody cares. Have heard all of the same nonsense regarding Under Armour for years.

500 , so less than UA , interesting. Its a nice thing to put on your resume but I would think there would be a lot more if the costs of making the team were not so ridiculous. Hate the fundraising ( begging) aspect of the whole thing, I know when my oldest did it the cost to be a part of the team and go watch was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15000 ,some of which we did fundraise for but ultimately paid most out of our own pocket. Seemed obnoxious to ask friends , family, neighbors to help fund my own kids lacrosse tournament when their money could go to a lot more important things, soured the whole event. Serious question has anyone estimated the costs this time around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is too young to tryout, so please stop with the “didn’t make it” comment. It’s the only thing you know how to say when you have no answer. Please tell me who U19 will play that will give better competition that UA? U19 is a waste of money donated to US Lacrosse that could benefit many more players, such as age verified ID cards. Instead they fund a lame tournament that has an extremely biased tryout process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh the lengts some will go to in order to diminish any event, team, ranking, accolade etc...

Small minded twits who always try to elevate their daughters status by knocking whatever it is that their daughter didn't make.

Very rare to hear someone pay complement to anyone in this sport. From elementary school up to the Women's National Team the know nothing parents question every selection and accolade. Everything is always political, nothing is fair, none of the choices are correct.

Please do not pass your negative traits along to your daughter .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its called entitlement mentality. We live in times when our kids don't get cut. Have too many for one/two/three teams? that's ok, we will create another team so your little bundle of talent can play on a team.Our kids all get medals growing up playing sports. If someone else succeeds, it cant be because they are better. There must be something else at play. Travel directors promise that for the right fee, your child be the next best thing and when he/she doesn't get the accolades that he/she deserves, its because someone screwed them.
This generation of kids is doomed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its called entitlement mentality. We live in times when our kids don't get cut. Have too many for one/two/three teams? that's ok, we will create another team so your little bundle of talent can play on a team.Our kids all get medals growing up playing sports. If someone else succeeds, it cant be because they are better. There must be something else at play. Travel directors promise that for the right fee, your child be the next best thing and when he/she doesn't get the accolades that he/she deserves, its because someone screwed them.

The only one entitled here are the NU kids, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And, will disappear in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And, will disappear in college.

They can't control themselves .... Sour grapes, jealousy , bitterness and hate. Always spewing the venom because you are a snake.

Like Reply Quote
Page 112 of 214 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard