BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs picked up the top 2 attackmen hands down (including the ridiculous T91 MD holdback) as well as one of the top close D players. All played up last year and are not holdbacks (true age appropriate 23’s).

Hawks have best attackman by far. They also have arguably the best lefty attackman. This includes the holdback pickups.
The righty is the best... by a mile. Also have the best goalie and close D.

Clearly you have not seen the kids the Crabs picked up play yet. The hawks better start teaching real defense and get rid of that rec level zone

My post came off like I'm a Hawks supporter. Not the case. I hope you're right and the Hawks don't even make the playoffs. I find them ridiculous because every one of the players mentioned is 15 save for maybe the goalie. Can't say I like the Crabs any better though. Same cheating as the Hawks.

Saying that the hawks are all 15 year olds over and over might make you feel better, but it doesn't make it any more true than the first time you posted it.

as far as the 'rec level" zone goes, I guess the all the cracker jack elite teams in hoco last year should have brought in some "rec level" player and coaches to beat it. . . surely, that was the answer.

And last I checked, the hawks defense was not the ones scoring an average of 14 plus goals against their opponents last spring. while playing every kid on the roster. Maybe their offense is running "rec league" plays too? so unfair.

as for tryout season, I can guarantee the Hawks roster will be 95% the same as last year. and the year before that.
BUT, now that crabs, FCA, Looneys, flavor of the month club up there have traded, held back, swapped, bribed, whatever, new rosters, maybe Hoco will be more competitive this spring.

as much as is galls the Baltimore lacrosse elite, AA county kids can play lacrosse too. And, guess what? They do it while remaining loyal to their teammates and coaches. Even if they lose a few games this spring, and this board lights up with glee, I wouldn't trade places with you club jumpers and back stabbers ever. boy, it must be miserable playing lacrosse up there.

I bet this guys kid is going to Spalding. Hahaha.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs picked up the top 2 attackmen hands down (including the ridiculous T91 MD holdback) as well as one of the top close D players. All played up last year and are not holdbacks (true age appropriate 23’s).

Hawks have best attackman by far. They also have arguably the best lefty attackman. This includes the holdback pickups.
The righty is the best... by a mile. Also have the best goalie and close D.

Clearly you have not seen the kids the Crabs picked up play yet. The hawks better start teaching real defense and get rid of that rec level zone

My post came off like I'm a Hawks supporter. Not the case. I hope you're right and the Hawks don't even make the playoffs. I find them ridiculous because every one of the players mentioned is 15 save for maybe the goalie. Can't say I like the Crabs any better though. Same cheating as the Hawks.

Saying that the hawks are all 15 year olds over and over might make you feel better, but it doesn't make it any more true than the first time you posted it.

as far as the 'rec level" zone goes, I guess the all the cracker jack elite teams in hoco last year should have brought in some "rec level" player and coaches to beat it. . . surely, that was the answer.

And last I checked, the hawks defense was not the ones scoring an average of 14 plus goals against their opponents last spring. while playing every kid on the roster. Maybe their offense is running "rec league" plays too? so unfair.

as for tryout season, I can guarantee the Hawks roster will be 95% the same as last year. and the year before that.
BUT, now that crabs, FCA, Looneys, flavor of the month club up there have traded, held back, swapped, bribed, whatever, new rosters, maybe Hoco will be more competitive this spring.

as much as is galls the Baltimore lacrosse elite, AA county kids can play lacrosse too. And, guess what? They do it while remaining loyal to their teammates and coaches. Even if they lose a few games this spring, and this board lights up with glee, I wouldn't trade places with you club jumpers and back stabbers ever. boy, it must be miserable playing lacrosse up there.

The Hawks have had a great team the last few years. Kudos to the kids, coaches and parents.

I just don't think it's reasonable to conclude that their roster stability is the result of some innate loyalty of AA residents. The fact is that AA has one elite level team. The Towson/Northern Baltimore County area (with probably fewer kids to recruit from) has four or so (we can all argue over which teams count, are overrated, etc.). The kids in the Towson area simply have more choices (especially when you include all the next tier teams). That is naturally going to lead to a lot of movement as kids (parents) seek what they think of as the best fit.

That doesn't take away from the Hawks success - they are one of the best club teams (ie, not all star, one-off creations) in the country. But having their parents come on here and snipe about how miserable Baltimore folks must be....well it seems like you're demonstrating the opposite of the attitude you claim to support. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you have no clue how old these kids are. Ask the parrnts tgey will show you their state Id that most of them carry. Im sure you wont since this whole board is full of cowards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you have no clue how old these kids are. Ask the parrnts tgey will show you their state Id that most of them carry. Im sure you wont since this whole board is full of cowards.

Errr....not accosting parents on the sidelines demanding they produce ID for their kids is proof that people are cowards? Interesting. I'd think it was a sign of not being insane. wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Errr....not accosting parents on the sidelines demanding they produce ID for their kids is proof that people are cowards? Interesting. I'd think it was a sign of not being insane. wink

I might agree with you if those "not insane parents" weren't on the sideline calling kids out by number and making the same old tired comments about driving the team bus, shaving, old enough to drink/vote, etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear rumors of Hawks fielding two teams? Will they both play in the elite division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear rumors of Hawks fielding two teams? Will they both play in the elite division?

He asked kids that have been there to be "program" players and be cut to a B team but still pay him $2k? If there is a B team, I doubt many of the better kids stay. They tried a B team 2 years ago at that age level and they got killed and even the coaches quit. AYLA will take over as Hawks B in my opinion. Lots of clubs in that area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by RN Parents

He asked kids that have been there to be "program" players and be cut to a B team but still pay him $2k? If there is a B team, I doubt many of the better kids stay. They tried a B team 2 years ago at that age level and they got killed and even the coaches quit. AYLA will take over as Hawks B in my opinion. Lots of clubs in that area.

Uh oh... trouble in AA County - I thought this was a tight knit team that everyone was loyal to and hardly ever changed their roster? Isn't that what the hawks parents keep saying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by RN Parents

Uh oh... trouble in AA County - I thought this was a tight knit team that everyone was loyal to and hardly ever changed their roster? Isn't that what the hawks parents keep saying?

Truth is very little change at the top this year. Hawks and DC Dogs AKA Madlax DC Dogs are still the top with no much changing in the rosters. How are the other Montgomery Co. teams? Did DCE get much at tryouts? Did NL loose much, both are solid teams. Will N.VA be able to put together a decent team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay Raiders will shock people in the 1st year.

Hawks cuts flocking to a new nest. No B team cash grab for Hogan at this level. Cut kids that have been on the team for several years.

Sounds like lots of 2023 kids looking. Rec team South River cut a dozen ? AYLC packed at tryouts, API pickling up kids. Why play B and be neglected.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks is just fine. You jealous babies need to find something else to whine about. For real, it’s getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I might agree with you if those "not insane parents" weren't on the sideline calling kids out by number and making the same old tired comments about driving the team bus, shaving, old enough to drink/vote, etc.

Well, if the car keys fit the car and they drive away with a full beard and a six pack next to them, whats the issue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, if the car keys fit the car and they drive away with a full beard and a six pack next to them, whats the issue?

Are we talking about Crabs, Hawks, Looneys or FCA? I’m confused because there are holdbacks, rednecks and daddy coaches on all of those teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rednecks on FCA? All country club privileged elites who are buddies with dad coaches and of course have holdback children but no rednecks. Loonwys has the RN market covered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who picked up the 2022 hawks goalie ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rednecks on FCA? All country club privileged elites who are buddies with dad coaches and of course have holdback children but no rednecks. Loonwys has the RN market covered.

I do not correlate the word “elite” with FCA. Every team has holdbacks and yes RN’s...even FCA. Point is you cannot call out one team for holdbacks or dad coaches when every team has them! Name one...just one team that doesn’t have either a dad coach or a holdback? Most have both and that’s the way it is with all teams. The only difference is some teams have much better players and coaches and most of the good players are not the holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 HOCO 2023 could be:

A Div:
Group one: Hawks, FCA, Looney's, Crabs, SR, Cannons
Group two: DC dogs, NL, DCE, 91, Pick 2 from (VLC, Cav, 3d-LF)

B Div:
Group one: (3d, VLC, CAV: pick one), PGLC, PLC, Top Caliber, MadLax, USS Carriers
Group two: API, FCA W, Looney G, Breakers, Koopers, HLC

C Div:
Group one: Zingos, Lax W, Thunder, Rock, East Side, G, Evergreen, HOCO, Green Hornets, GT?
Group Two: Sidewinders, Bethesda O or DCE-B, MD Wolfpack, MDX, Revolution, Fallston

Slow day at work but I think this could be a better alignment for all the teams. Parks and Rec will receive an invoice in the mail for this research.

Zingos will be much much better. very underrated with one of the best defense coaches on the planet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not correlate the word “elite” with FCA. Every team has holdbacks and yes RN’s...even FCA. Point is you cannot call out one team for holdbacks or dad coaches when every team has them! Name one...just one team that doesn’t have either a dad coach or a holdback? Most have both and that’s the way it is with all teams. The only difference is some teams have much better players and coaches and most of the good players are not the holdbacks.

Hawks and MLDCD are the best teams at this age but who are the best teams that are truly on age. Only one local team in HOCO that played at the WSYL and that was NL. There are teams that have rosters of kids with birthday's after 9/30/2004 that play in HOCO. Who is the best of those teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks and MLDCD are the best teams at this age but who are the best teams that are truly on age. Only one local team in HOCO that played at the WSYL and that was NL. There are teams that have rosters of kids with birthday's after 9/30/2004 that play in HOCO. Who is the best of those teams?

Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2019 HOCO 2023 could be:

A Div:

SR or Team 91 over VLC? VLC won the AA league and beat 91 by 8 goals or something. Unless Millon hoodwinks HoCo again, Team 91 belongs in AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Div:

SR or Team 91 over VLC? VLC won the AA league and beat 91 by 8 goals or something. Unless Millon hoodwinks HoCo again, Team 91 belongs in AA.

I posted the original idea of the re-set of HOCO league. My son plays on an Elite team and I like the idea of playing a greater variety of teams. I think the league could support 3 -12 team division with groups that would still ensure the top teams make the playoffs. Also 91 does not want to loose all the games again. I agree that VLC should be the first team added in the "A" div under what I posted based on winning AA maybe USS moves to middle or lower and Zingo's can be whatever. The point is that three divisions is better for all teams. Some teams seem to always play each other. sometimes twice in the same tournament. A 12 team division makes more sense. In the end the same two teams would play for the trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 HOCO 2023 could be:

A Div:

B Div:
Group one: (3d, VLC, CAV: pick one), PGLC, PLC, Top Caliber, MadLax, USS Carriers

C Div:
Group one: Zingos, Lax W, Thunder, Rock, East Side, G, Evergreen, HOCO, Green Hornets, GT?
Group Two: Sidewinders, Bethesda O or DCE-B, MD Wolfpack, MDX, Revolution, Fallston

Slow day at work but I think this could be a better alignment for all the teams. Parks and Rec will receive an invoice in the mail for this research.

Zingos will be much much better. very underrated with one of the best defense coaches on the planet.

How does one acquire that title

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 HOCO 2023 could be:

A Div:

B Div:

C Div:

You might want to go back and look at your goals against coach. And then settle down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most who think they are the best love to elaborate. Give him a second, and I am sure he will write a novel explaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most who think they are the best love to elaborate. Give him a second, and I am sure he will write a novel explaining.

Both jealous I see! Cream rises to the top. Its called nature

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Div:

How did VLC do in its summer tournaments against AA Elite type talent? Oh yeah, that's right. Might want to stay in AA. None of SR, Cannons, VLC, Cav or 3d belong in AA Elite, but if any of you want to get your heads beat in, go ahead and petition for AA Elite for the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New goalie for 2023 Hawks...just as good as stud goalie some say better. The rich get richer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional and your B/C team is irrelevant. It’s nice to dream big though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zingos are like a rec team at this level. They are underrated because they played in the 3rd division of HoCo. Who is the new defensive coach? The guy from last year was a clown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zingos are like a rec team at this level. They are underrated because they played in the 3rd division of HoCo. Who is the new defensive coach? The guy from last year was a clown.

That clown lost it every time the defense got scored on, which was a lot.

Last edited by 1026ME; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebodies eyes are GREEN with ENVY !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of these posts are from opposing coaches trying to boost their clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re funny, I will give you that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if hawks and DC dogs want to recruit add hold backs cheaters let them play each other every week. why should HOCO carter to them. Add more division so every team plays each other in there division. Six teams play everyone once then playoffs. double elimination tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zingos - the Evergreen of Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Probably a holdback himself
if hawks and DC dogs want to recruit add hold backs cheaters let them play each other every week. why should HOCO carter to them. Add more division so every team plays each other in there division. Six teams play everyone once then playoffs. double elimination tournament

Please do us all a favor and go back to school...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just in:

August 21, 2018 by Edward Lee Contact Reporter Baltimore Sun:

The Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse team is a surprise announcement informed the media the head coach Dave Pietramala is leaving the Hopkins program to coach the Zingo's 2023 team. "It has always been a dream of mine to capture a HOCO league title." The often emotional coach struggled to keep it together after sharing the news with players this morning. The often labeled "best defensive coach on the planet" will be reclassing two top 2022 players along with some current Blue Jay's in an effort to make a claim to belong in the Elite division.
According to ESPN lacrosse analyst Quint Kessenich, this could be a lucrative deal for coach Petro as he understands team fees in excess of $20000.00 per player will be waived for children of coaches. "Although the team fee may seem excessive it is only a 10% increase and includes a great gear package." from Zingo management. ESPN and the Baltimore Sun reached out to form Hopkins great Paul Rabil for comment, "What the heck is a Zingo?"
Editor's note: adding one zero to the current 2000.00 team fee is not a 10% increase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just in:

The Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse team is a surprise announcement informed the media the head coach Dave Pietramala is leaving the Hopkins program to coach the Zingo's 2023 team. "It has always been a dream of mine to capture a HOCO league title." The often emotional coach struggled to keep it together after sharing the news with players this morning. The often labeled "best defensive coach on the planet" will be reclassing two top 2022 players along with some current Blue Jay's in an effort to make a claim to belong in the Elite division.
According to ESPN lacrosse analyst Quint Kessenich, this could be a lucrative deal for coach Petro as he understands team fees in excess of $20000.00 per player will be waived for children of coaches. "Although the team fee may seem excessive it is only a 10% increase and includes a great gear package." from Zingo management. ESPN and the Baltimore Sun reached out to form Hopkins great Paul Rabil for comment, "What the heck is a Zingo?"
Editor's note: adding one zero to the current 2000.00 team fee is not a 10% increase.

I bet his first order of business will firing the best defense coach on the planet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just in:

Funny stuff. But I thought he had already committed to coaching Koopers 2023 ? Club lacrosse is finally getting the coaches needed

Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard