BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 129 of 264 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IMHO....The NYS Regional Championship @ Binghamton is a great idea. If the players from every region play it could go to another level of greatness. The high school coaches are on to something here but lets see if they make it happen

What exactly are they on to here? Who are the HS Coaches? Is this event run by fl$? Is there really a need for another summer tournament? HS summer teams, club teams, UA, Maverick etc... Do you really think there is a need for more?

Reels of sour grapes, but that’s botc, if your kid didn’t do it or make it it’s bad. Go away with your toxic attitude

Nothing toxic at all and no sour grapes. Some simple questions thats all. Apparently you are the one with the toxic attitude.

Why don’t you explain how my statement was toxic? You are knocking something you didn’t participate in. If you don’t like it, why not just be silent. Didn’t mommy ever explain about saying nothing of you have nothing nice to say? Yell upstairs from your basement cave, I’m sure she will tell you in between making your breakfast and snack.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO....The NYS Regional Championship @ Binghamton is a great idea. If the players from every region play it could go to another level of greatness. The high school coaches are on to something here but lets see if they make it happen

What exactly are they on to here? Who are the HS Coaches? Is this event run by fl$? Is there really a need for another summer tournament? HS summer teams, club teams, UA, Maverick etc... Do you really think there is a need for more?

Reels of sour grapes, but that’s botc, if your kid didn’t do it or make it it’s bad. Go away with your toxic attitude

Nothing toxic at all and no sour grapes. Some simple questions thats all. Apparently you are the one with the toxic attitude.

Why don’t you explain how my statement was toxic? You are knocking something you didn’t participate in. If you don’t like it, why not just be silent. Didn’t mommy ever explain about saying nothing of you have nothing nice to say? Yell upstairs from your basement cave, I’m sure she will tell you in between making your breakfast and snack.

Not the poster that you are responding to but ... I didn't read their thoughts as toxic, I read five questions. None of the questions have been answered BTW. As far as why your post was toxic... here you go.. You were asked some simple questions and instead of providing helpful answers you attacked the poster. Pretty toxic if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say West Islip and CSH are traditional powers.

Wantagh would qualify as a non-traditional power looking to break out.

W.I. didn’t look too great this summer. They will be better during season, they always are but not county title bound.

"They will be better during season, they always are". "Always" really? They have been very average for many years and it does not look like they will improve any time soon.

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

you're about half right and that isn't a good %

Sachem East ? Didn’t know Sachem still exists anymore . North was decent for years but East ? Didn’t both have losing records past few years ? Well good luck to them would be nice. I went to Sachem back in the 90’s and they won a state title but don’t live in Suffolk anymore.

Just an observation:

The pool of strong HS programs is getting smaller on Long Island due to changing demographics and socioeconomic factors in many towns. For many years lacrosse was primarily a sport played by well to do kids from affluent ares and private / prep schools (Baltimore, Long Island, Main Line Philadelphia etc...) who went on to attend East Coast Colleges and Universities. On Long Island however many of the working class / blue collar towns had very strong High School programs. Farmingdale, Levittown, East Meadow, Elmont, Lynbrook, Sewanhaka, Sachem etc... The sport has evolved into a very expensive year round commitment that many families can not afford. It is not just the player, the whole family has to buy in. High Schools teams in towns where the majority of kids are not spending the money on private lessons year round, clinics year round, club teams year round are going to be at a disadvantage. The players from Manhasset, CHS, Garden City, Ward Melville etc... put in a tremendous amount of time and their parents spend a crazy amount of money from the time the kids are in the first or second grade. We still see some incredible players from many different high schools but in order for the team compete for a championship it needs depth. In order to have the depth of talent necessary you need to have a lot of very committed players and families. HHHE and Connetquot have been very strong and have had some excellent players but in the end depth has kept them from winning a championship. From the time my kids were young I have been out there on the Long Island Lacrosse Circuit you see kids from all over The Island but.... There were always more kids from certain towns. Unfortunately, although the sport has grown across the country I think it is now more than ever a sport for the wealthy.

Good Luck to all this year. I am guessing Smithtown West or Ward Melville in Suffolk A. Garden City or Manhasset in Nassau B. Massapequa in Nassau A. Did West Islip drop down? CHS will win.

U absolutely nailed it , I say it all the time it’s a wealthy and a privilege sport. Why I don’t know it’s olayed in and open field and equipment can be ver cheap not like ice hockey. If you look at any major d1 schools most of the tram from privilege schools , Boys Latin , new Canaan , delberton , Hill academy , chamiade , saislbury , culver academy just to name a few some of those Schools are anywhere from 35k to 60k a year to board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

W.I. didn’t look too great this summer. They will be better during season, they always are but not county title bound.

"They will be better during season, they always are". "Always" really? They have been very average for many years and it does not look like they will improve any time soon.

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Sachem East ? Didn’t know Sachem still exists anymore . North was decent for years but East ? Didn’t both have losing records past few years ? Well good luck to them would be nice. I went to Sachem back in the 90’s and they won a state title but don’t live in Suffolk anymore.

Just an observation:

The pool of strong HS programs is getting smaller on Long Island due to changing demographics and socioeconomic factors in many towns. For many years lacrosse was primarily a sport played by well to do kids from affluent ares and private / prep schools (Baltimore, Long Island, Main Line Philadelphia etc...) who went on to attend East Coast Colleges and Universities. On Long Island however many of the working class / blue collar towns had very strong High School programs. Farmingdale, Levittown, East Meadow, Elmont, Lynbrook, Sewanhaka, Sachem etc... The sport has evolved into a very expensive year round commitment that many families can not afford. It is not just the player, the whole family has to buy in. High Schools teams in towns where the majority of kids are not spending the money on private lessons year round, clinics year round, club teams year round are going to be at a disadvantage. The players from Manhasset, CHS, Garden City, Ward Melville etc... put in a tremendous amount of time and their parents spend a crazy amount of money from the time the kids are in the first or second grade. We still see some incredible players from many different high schools but in order for the team compete for a championship it needs depth. In order to have the depth of talent necessary you need to have a lot of very committed players and families. HHHE and Connetquot have been very strong and have had some excellent players but in the end depth has kept them from winning a championship. From the time my kids were young I have been out there on the Long Island Lacrosse Circuit you see kids from all over The Island but.... There were always more kids from certain towns. Unfortunately, although the sport has grown across the country I think it is now more than ever a sport for the wealthy.

Good Luck to all this year. I am guessing Smithtown West or Ward Melville in Suffolk A. Garden City or Manhasset in Nassau B. Massapequa in Nassau A. Did West Islip drop down? CHS will win.

West Islip should drop down into B division they have been on the bubble for a couple of years, they have a declining enrollment and to be honest it is very difficult for them to compete against the Ward Melville Smithtown programs. Still put out great lax players just lack the depth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Just an observation:

Pretty spot on observation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI will remain in A conference for another year. The girls moved down to B maybe next year for the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Two of these teams have NO SHOT at the final four....Hills is VERY young...East is decent should make the playoffs BUT they should have made the playoffs this year and didnt...dont see them anywhere near the final four
WM and SW loaded as usual....
Northport is solid and so is Bay Shore....Riverhead will be back in the mix...West Islip and Smithtown East would also be ranked ahead of Hills and Sachem...dont forget about connetquot and commack although theyll be down a taf from years past

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Two of these teams have NO SHOT at the final four....Hills is VERY young...East is decent should make the playoffs BUT they should have made the playoffs this year and didnt...dont see them anywhere near the final four
Northport is solid and so is Bay Shore....Riverhead will be back in the mix...West Islip and Smithtown East would also be ranked ahead of Hills and Sachem...dont forget about connetquot and commack although theyll be down a taf from years past

Who are you, the Mike Francesa of high school sports? Give me a break!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

I can guarantee Im more in the know of Suffolk Class A lacrosse than you...please though enlighten me...let me know where you think Im off here.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure your employer is thrilled and compensates you for your vast knowledge of Suffolk Class A Hillbilly Lax knowledge. Put the donut down and go write some parking tickets...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

I can guarantee Im more in the know of Suffolk Class A lacrosse than you...please though enlighten me...let me know where you think Im off here.........

I agree with his assessment what didnt you like.

I feel like I know a ton about Suffolk A, and know the other dads who are equally as knowledgeable with this Sr class and those below (probably friends with your Mike Francesa). and the only thing I am confident saying is Smith West (love the Fogo, how could you not) and Ward Melville (love the Poles and goalie) both have talented players at each position and SHOULD be there in the end. Not saying they will, just should.

I am not sure how anybody can be to certain about who else will be there at the end of the day. I am not saying its a 2 legged race, just the opposite. I think Ward Melville and Smith West will have their loses whether a battle or trap game. I also dont think they will both be there in the end. One, yes, but not both. Is it just me, but these are teams I just dont want to see play against each other, till the Playoffs.

My points, I would not snooze on WI and will put them a slight bit ahead of Northport. Both seem to grind it out with Hybrid Middies labeled as Attacks. Northport, please dont die your hair wasnt a good look. WI definitley with the edge on def. Look for this game or like opponents for these two throughout the season. Although young HHE will still represent well, who knows who will show up to play (Love that Middie and LSM/Pole). I wouldnt say they have no shot at final 4, i ate crow last year when i said that, yet somehow they beat SmithWest (I know how, West coach and the refs that's how). Inquiring minds would like to know how long that hybrid long pole was. - Change that HS rule from 52 to 60-72 inches long. but I digress, I too would put both Riverhead and Bay Shore in that mix. It has been said here before about those two teams. These two teams are polar opposites, many teams like one and hates the other. One is very selfish the other not selfish enough, both teams down falls. Wouldnt be surprised in the least to see one of them in the final four. But they will probably wind up ranked the 5 and 4 facing each other to then face #1. Look for this battle in season,

I will say this, last years record will allow Sachem East and Floyd to have an easy go of it. That could help them work out some kinks and gain some confidence. Should be a good game against each other. With East winning but in regulation and not OT. but a good game non the less. Smitheast and Commack are two more schools I look forward to seeing play head to head. Ill probably follow their like opponents for fun.. Lindy Whitman Hunt PAtMed who knows maybve 5 wins .

The team im most curious about is connetquot, loved them the past few years, not sure if you want to play them or stay far away from them. Just know they arent the same as they were the past 4 years.

I will say this however, i wouldn't be surprised if some district found a few "new" players. Ala girls lacrosse on the east end. i just hope Sect Xi doesn't let guest star appearances by 2019 Sr players happen. Leave that for the girls. Oh wait we are talking about A right now, thats in CtoB.

Final thoughts

**Still wished Sect 11 would let Brentwood Longwood North Babylon and Copaigue play more cross sectional games against like skilled team. even playing teams ranked 10-16 is tooooo much for them.

**With 27 teams in A, you can only play half anyway (14). Make the playoffs meaningful and schedule only 10 Suffolk class A games in season, let them go out and play 6 other teams from B/C Nassau/West /CT/NJ .

*After day light savings time Schedule more games for 5:30 pm, 4:15 and 4:30 are ridiculous. Play more Saturday or even Sunday games. Sunday before/After PAL games.

*Be smarter scheduling on the SAT/ACT/AP days, along with Prom, come on these schedules come out with enough time to rearrange schedules, let these kids enjoy HS.

*Have a bench ref at each game

Easter is the last week in April, use the break wisely - recharge do not deplete the batteries for the final stretch!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Sorry, did I understand you right, Sachem East should have made the playoffs in '18, why?
How? They only beat the 7 worst teams in Suffolk A (out of 24 teams, that means 17 more teams were better, only 11 go to playoffs) and Floyd, Floyd took them to OT. You're supposed to win those 7 games.

Sure, they came close to Smithtown (was impressed) and Northport (who had their issues) and dont say Commack, final score was not indicative. But dont/cant see where/who you can say Sachem East should be in the playoff?

[ChillLaxin] or is this an honest view

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Sorry, did I understand you right, Sachem East should have made the playoffs in '18, why?
How? They only beat the 7 worst teams in Suffolk A (out of 24 teams, that means 17 more teams were better, only 11 go to playoffs) and Floyd, Floyd took them to OT. You're supposed to win those 7 games.

Sure, they came close to Smithtown (was impressed) and Northport (who had their issues) and dont say Commack, final score was not indicative. But dont/cant see where/who you can say Sachem East should be in the playoff?

[ChillLaxin] or is this an honest view

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHHE wins Suffolk in 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No shot for HILLS .... Ward Melville will run the table

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when do the rankings come out (for 2019) are they ever really officially posted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip ???????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip ???????

They will have a better shot percentage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No shot for HILLS .... Ward Melville will run the table

Smithtown West and Ward Melville have to be considered the front runners. Who else has a legitimate shot at making the Final Four?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as Someone who has seen what a lot of teams have coming back next year... I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bay Shore or Riverhead in the final 4 of Suffolk A next year... both have a better shot at the final 4 than HillsE imho. WM seems like a lock w what they have returning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as Someone who has seen what a lot of teams have coming back next year... I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bay Shore or Riverhead in the final 4 of Suffolk A next year... both have a better shot at the final 4 than HillsE imho. WM seems like a lock w what they have returning.

I like both those teams you mention, but they will both have a much more difficult schedule. Probably I wouldnt snooze on HHH/West Islip. Its the race for 2 just not sure who #1 will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which should make them battle tested. Bay Shore will be able to keep up with anyone offensively, the defensive side could be their Achilles heel. Riverhead is solid at the FO and on the offensive side as well. I agree West Islip will be better this year than last... they return a very good gk as well which is huge when you can steal a couple against the top teams. Should be a fun year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What about the smaller schools, B & C divisions? What schools are returning a lot of players and are looking to improve. Islip was great last year for C, And Harborfields and Comsewogue were the leaders for B. Any opinions on what B & C will look like. They both are competitive divisions.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Garden City will win it all again this year on the Nassau division. Bethpage has a few key returning players but not much depth so we'll see how they do.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Would be great If BOTC can provide the different HS Scores, Rankings and All-Americans now that LaxPower is done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some type of Fall lax and or winter box lax or training for a 2019 in Nassau. Anyone aware of anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Farmingdale HS Lax League. They are always late but I haven't heard a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Win....Crazy
Final Game....Impressive
Final Four....Expected!!

They will have 4-5 All-County players this year. GK's are both excellent and great young talented defenders. Let's see if they get it together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxislife
Would be great If BOTC can provide the different HS Scores, Rankings and All-Americans now that LaxPower is done.

What happened to Laxpower.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Farmingdale HS Lax League. They are always late but I haven't heard a thing.

Heard the whole thing folded. Anyone have any HS leagues for fall/winter.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxislife

What happened to Laxpower.

Laxpower is no longer in service...they shut down their site due to the parent company not seeing the value of managing the daily operations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
farmingdale lax stinks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"farmingdale lax stinks" LOL. Relative to what? They are a top 10% program in the country, annually top 4 in Nassau A. You must have very high (unrealistic) expectations and your son must cower behind the garage or under your single car car port with his vape to escape your unrealistic expectations. Go get a life. I'm guessing also you were no stud in any aspect of your life. angry LI punk.

Funny, without ever having met you I bet I just nailed 75% of who and what you are accurately. Not too late to change and be a positive influence in the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"farmingdale lax stinks" LOL. Relative to what? They are a top 10% program in the country, annually top 4 in Nassau A. You must have very high (unrealistic) expectations and your son must cower behind the garage or under your single car car port with his vape to escape your unrealistic expectations. Go get a life. I'm guessing also you were no stud in any aspect of your life. angry LI punk.

Funny, without ever having met you I bet I just nailed 75% of who and what you are accurately. Not too late to change and be a positive influence in the world.

Hopefully they were talking about the Farmingdale league. I have also heard it folded. Does anyone have any decent option for getting the HS kids together Fall/Winter to prep for the spring. Tough call since other sports in full swing but welcome any suggestions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have your HS coach look into the winter league at Islip HS. Games played every Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe MacArthur HS and Division Ave still run an outdoor winter league at their schools during the winter months. We participated a couple of years back. The MacArthur coach was the one who ran it I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully they were talking about the Farmingdale league. I have also heard it folded. Does anyone have any decent option for getting the HS kids together Fall/Winter to prep for the spring. Tough call since other sports in full swing but welcome any suggestions.

The problem with the Fall league is you never know if a team will show up with enough players. With Football going on it is tough. Our school is doing a fall tournament or two and will be setting up scrimmages with friendly schools from what I'm hearing. We did the Bayshore league two years ago, but it was also tough to get a full team for every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many schools have days where they go to a gym or facility and get some work in. Ask your coach if your school does that. Many times it isn't the coach (not sure if coaches are allow to do off season off campus activities) but many times dads or the booster club will get the funds to get a facility.

outdoor winter scrimmages are hit or miss, icey hard ground, bulky layers and broken sticks. For that play hockey, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So wished 2 of the greatest Fall Tournaments on LI would find a compromise and go on a different weekends.

Rotanz Fall Classic and National Lacrosse Invite at Ward Melville fall games are on the same weekend.

Nov 17 - http://nliwm.com
but Fall classic has a club day the 17th making kids choose Club over HS - http://falllacrosseclassic.com/tournament/)

Nov 18 - http://falllacrosseclassic.com/invitational/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the best place to find list of all the 2019 D2 college Verbals?? Looking to compare what school has what to help son pick the best school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 129 of 264 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard