BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone that thinks top players from Bandits or Express Haugen tried out for a team other than the team they were on last year is crazy. These will be the top 2 teams until they go to college.

A lot of extra kids on express this year. 9 attack 12 middies 7 d and 2 goalies. Some new parents are know it all blow hard bores who are sure their kids are the best. Should be an interesting year .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my son to get into college to play lacrosse and practice 40 hours per week, then graduate with a job as a part time club coach. I think it will only cost me about 250k. The 91, Express, and Igloo direction is the best option for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my son to get into college to play lacrosse and practice 40 hours per week, then graduate with a job as a part time club coach. I think it will only cost me about 250k. The 91, Express, and Igloo direction is the best option for me.

Lol I get it your son isn't good enough to make any of those teams or got cut because he wasn't that good or because of you - the crazy parent.
Good luck with your team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking Bandits and Express our of the equation, are Igloo and S2S still top teams? If not, where did those players end up?

I heard that a new club called Turtles in Smithtown got a lot of the top club players to come. Don't know if they all know each other or that they all wanted a better experience. Don't know if S2S, Igloo, or True Blue can still stay up there with a lot of dilution now.

True Blue ??? Why are they mentioned in this conversation ?

True Blue??? Okay, compare the cost with one team in particular who was beat twice by TB. Should I go on naming another club?

Rebels?

Ummm. Impossible.
Rebels is a new team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol I get it your son isn't good enough to make any of those teams or got cut because he wasn't that good or because of you - the crazy parent.
Good luck with your team

My son didn't tryout for those teams because of people like you. Your son will be bringing my son coffee in the morning at work. B'atch.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with your team

My son didn't tryout for those teams because of people like you. Your son will be bringing my son coffee in the morning at work. B'atch.

any what program is your son playing for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with your team

You do realize full rides for lax don’t really exist. 99.9% of kids that play lax will nothing with it after they graduate. If these kids truly live be the. Sport they should play because they love it and not because they think they will get a full ride or be some D1 lax coach somewhere. Where will you be when lax is over for good? Probably still walking around in your kids team gear saying “did you know my kid played in the WSYL when he was 13.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with your team

TB which is far better than yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with your team

He’s actually not that far off the mark........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that thinks top players from Bandits or Express Haugen tried out for a team other than the team they were on last year is crazy. These will be the top 2 teams until they go to college.

A lot of extra kids on express this year. 9 attack 12 middies 7 d and 2 goalies. Some new parents are know it all blow hard bores who are sure their kids are the best. Should be an interesting year .

Going to be a lot of unhappy parents on that team. Impossible that all those kids are getting to get the playing time their parents think they deserve, especially those kids who are so small physically they get thrown around like rag dolls. Glad to hear they finally brought the S2S kid (formerly Express B player) on. He deserves to be there, unlike some of the other kids on that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking Bandits and Express our of the equation, are Igloo and S2S still top teams? If not, where did those players end up?

I heard that a new club called Turtles in Smithtown got a lot of the top club players to come. Don't know if they all know each other or that they all wanted a better experience. Don't know if S2S, Igloo, or True Blue can still stay up there with a lot of dilution now.

True Blue??? Okay, compare the cost with one team in particular who was beat twice by TB. Should I go on naming another club?

TB is a good team, for sure. But they’re not in the conversation with the elite teams. That’s not a bad thing, it’s just the way it is. They’re an economical choice for the boys in that area and it’s great they they can put out a pretty competitive team. But the question is about the top clubs. Im interested to see how all the changes shake out with Igloo and S2S. Did any impact players leave? Or just bench players?

Both teams lost key players and are having trouble filling those spots. It is definitely not a good sign for both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a coach is still reeling from player departures. Trash those teams all you want— their records and coaches speak for themselves. And interesting those two teams didn’t hemmorage any players !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with your team

TB which is far better than yours.

how many kids are on that roster now? i have seem them at tournaments and there seems to be a lot of kids standing on the side lines.

also seems like alot of clubs are now doing supplemental tryouts. Guess everyone is having issues getting kids to commit or come back, for whatever the reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s great that there are more clubs starting up out there.
The club owners/coaches don’t like it at all!!
I’ve heard them say “it waters down every team”.
What a bunch of BS!!
1-cost will go down eventually or stop getting increased.
2-To me watered down= more competitive teams
3- smaller rosters = more playing time for kids
4-makes the clubs that have been around for a long time not to take any player for granted knowing every year it is a new contract.The your lucky to be hear attitude needs to stop.What if a restaurant gave you the impression that your Lucky we let you eat here.Would you eat there again?
More clubs the better!everyone can find a home that’s good for them and get treated properly.This is coming from a dad that has a son that has been treated like gold for three years and tons of playing time.
It just kills me to see kids sit on the sideline and the parents are too scared to speak up because their worried about repercussions.
JMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to be a lot of unhappy parents on that team. Impossible that all those kids are getting to get the playing time their parents think they deserve, especially those kids who are so small physically they get thrown around like rag dolls. Glad to hear they finally brought the S2S kid (formerly Express B player) on. He deserves to be there, unlike some of the other kids on that team.

Ok daddy. Good disguise. Absolutely no one knows it’s you at all. You have convinced the world that your son is great. Awesome. And now we can safely assume this kids dad is trashing his future teammates playing ability and physical attributes. Welcome to the sidelines d bag. You are class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLIDs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a coach is still reeling from player departures. Trash those teams all you want— their records and coaches speak for themselves. And interesting those two teams didn’t hemmorage any players !

I hope you enjoy your new teams as much as we'll enjoy the train wreck of a soap opera you bring to them. All aboard the Crazy Train!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this guy serious? Can the dad of this s2s kid be this deranged. He bashes 13 yo kids his son going to play with? A hole fo sho. Thank god your kid is coming to save these kids. How can we thank you for coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this guy serious? Can the dad of this s2s kid be this deranged. He bashes 13 yo kids his son going to play with? A hole fo sho. Thank god your kid is coming to save these kids. How can we thank you for coming.

I don’t believe it’s the dad. I believe it's someonefeom his former team who has an axe grind with him. He is trying to make him look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is obviously the previous coach and owner who are crying the kid left. You were probably a [ChillLaxin] to the kid knowing your history.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Anyone that thinks top players from Bandits or Express Haugen tried out for a team other than the team they were on last year is crazy. These will be the top 2 teams until they go to college.

I am not sure who on here has a beef with this kid or his dad, on the sidelines he did not seem any crazier than other dads on that team. Besides, he was Express B coach before so it's not like both sides don't know what they are getting. As for adding players, both Express and 91 Bandits added a bunch, for obvious reasons. This is really the last time to make the team as strong as they can, once the boys start high school the interest in jumping teams vanes greatly.

Also, this is the time the boys have started puberty and their growth is all over the place, some of the kids who were marginal players are suddenly getting bigger, stronger and faster, and much more dominant on the field as a result. And vice versa, as the development is all over the place. This seem to make injuries a lot more common, we have seen a lot more with my older son's team anyway. Some of the boys play JV sports at school etc. plus the tournament games are getting even more physical. Even this past year there was never a time any of the top teams had all their players available, someone was always hurt. So there is certainly good justification for healthy rosters numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Anyone that thinks top players from Bandits or Express Haugen tried out for a team other than the team they were on last year is crazy. These will be the top 2 teams until they go to college.

I am not sure who on here has a beef with this kid or his dad, on the sidelines he did not seem any crazier than other dads on that team. Besides, he was Express B coach before so it's not like both sides don't know what they are getting. As for adding players, both Express and 91 Bandits added a bunch, for obvious reasons. This is really the last time to make the team as strong as they can, once the boys start high school the interest in jumping teams vanes greatly.

Also, this is the time the boys have started puberty and their growth is all over the place, some of the kids who were marginal players are suddenly getting bigger, stronger and faster, and much more dominant on the field as a result. And vice versa, as the development is all over the place. This seem to make injuries a lot more common, we have seen a lot more with my older son's team anyway. Some of the boys play JV sports at school etc. plus the tournament games are getting even more physical. Even this past year there was never a time any of the top teams had all their players available, someone was always hurt. So there is certainly good justification for healthy rosters numbers.

This particular dad brings this same drama wherever he goes. You just have to be a tad bit familiar with this forum over the years to see where he's been. Express is one of the only clubs willing to take him as they thrive on overbearing parent$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way the kids dad... he would sign his name

I don’t believe it’s the dad. I believe it's someonefeom his former team who has an axe grind with him. He is trying to make him look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This particular dad brings this same drama wherever he goes. You just have to be a tad bit familiar with this forum over the years to see where he's been. Express is one of the only clubs willing to take him as they thrive on overbearing parent$.

I heard people had issues with him when he was on the outlaws 3 or 4 years ago. Nothing has been said about him the past two years, and the kid could have stayed with S2S and play every minute and take any shot he wanted. Why are you guys so upset at him for going to a team where he will get limited minutes. It's starting to seem as though a lot of this is coming from the S2S crowd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TB is a good team, for sure. But they’re not in the conversation with the elite teams. That’s not a bad thing, it’s just the way it is. They’re an economical choice for the boys in that area and it’s great they they can put out a pretty competitive team. But the question is about the top clubs. Im interested to see how all the changes shake out with Igloo and S2S. Did any impact players leave? Or just bench players?

S2S lost top middie, top defense, two attack players(one starter, one back up). All contributors. Lost other 3rd line players. Top players went to Express, both 2024 & 2023 teams. It will be hard to fill the production lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard people had issues with him when he was on the outlaws 3 or 4 years ago. Nothing has been said about him the past two years, and the kid could have stayed with S2S and play every minute and take any shot he wanted. Why are you guys so upset at him for going to a team where he will get limited minutes. It's starting to seem as though a lot of this is coming from the S2S crowd.

No skin in this game but why would you go back to Express when they said your kid wasn’t good enough to be on their A team? S2S gave him a shot and he got to play. Kind of a slap in the face to ditch S2S and go back to Espresso who now thinks you are worthy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to Rebels tryouts today? How was the talent? Is this the Outlaws with new uniforms? Or did they attract any upgrades?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
This particular dad brings this same drama wherever he goes. You just have to be a tad bit familiar with this forum over the years to see where he's been. Express is one of the only clubs willing to take him as they thrive on overbearing parent$.[/quote]

I heard people had issues with him when he was on the outlaws 3 or 4 years ago. Nothing has been said about him the past two years, and the kid could have stayed with S2S and play every minute and take any shot he wanted. Why are you guys so upset at him for going to a team where he will get limited minutes. It's starting to seem as though a lot of this is coming from the S2S crowd.[/quote]

No skin in this game but why would you go back to Express when they said your kid wasn’t good enough to be on their A team? S2S gave him a shot and he got to play. Kind of a slap in the face to ditch S2S and go back to Espresso who now thinks you are worthy.
[/quote]

That may be the case but the kids best friend is on the team and the kid goes to catholic school. Let's not act like the customer can't take their money where they want or that these teams won't cut a player in a minute if something better comes along

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was ran well and the players looked good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue??? Okay, compare the cost
with one team in particular who was beat twice by TB. Should I go on naming another club?

S2S lost top middie, top defense, two attack players(one starter, one back up). All contributors. Lost other 3rd line players. Top players went to Express, both 2024 & 2023 teams. It will be hard to fill the production lost.

S2s did not lose top middie. Lost one middie but he was number 5 I in scoring and only 50% in faceoffs, so all good at s2s. No big losses. All the big scorers are still here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dowling's finest literacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dowling's finest literacy.

And that comment was at all necessary?
What an stunad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Haugen and Hedstrom still the top two teams for Express? Heard karwoski was coaching a team for 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not act like the customer can't take their money where they want or that these teams won't cut a player in a minute if something better comes along

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue??? Okay, compare the cost
with one team in particular who was beat twice by TB. Should I go on naming another club? [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

S2s did not lose top middie. Lost one middie but he was number 5 I in scoring and only 50% in faceoffs, so all good at s2s. No big losses. All the big scorers are still here.
[/quote]

This comment could have only came from someone at S2S. Give it a rest already guys the kid made a choice. What happen to wishing someone best of luck in whatever they decide to do. I am sure he still has friends on the team and wishes them best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Copied and pasted this from another thread.
This says it all.

In the end you do this because your kid loves to play.
- dont do it for the scholarships. You are better off not doing it then, saving that money, and you would end up having more money for your kid for college.
- dont do it if your kid is not being played. Thats just ridiculous. What is he practicing for. You practice so you will play well in your games. If he is not being played, its a waste. Pick a different team.
- dont do it because your kid wants to be on the top team. You are sending the wrong message to your kid. Being part of somerhing in name only, but not contributing to it by playing in the game, means he really earned nothing.
- dont do it just because you want to tell others your kid is on the top team. Your actually harming your kids self esteem, as he continues to watch others play instead of him.
- dont force your kid to play just to relive your dreams in your youth. Your child needs to choose their own path. That is the only way they will be successful and happy. That should be your goal.

If your kid enjoys lacrosse, pick a team where
- he is played. He doesnt have to be a starter. But he needs to play a decent amount of time in games.
- there is a team environment where there may not be equal playing time for all, but every player gets reasonable playing time.
- there is one team per age group. Or at least your on the top team. All the second teams are money grabs. Its way to difficult for organizations to pull in enough talent at tryouts to field 2 teams in an age group. (And everyone at tryouts wont accept). You are better playing for another club.
- Dont be a sucker paying ridiculous figures. Figure out what they are really giving you for your money. Is it really worth it? Why did tuition go up 25%? Certainly costs didnt increase that much in a year.
- Talk to people who you know or that friends know play for or played for that organization to get a better picture. Get the inside scoop.
- make a list of questions. And call and talk to the coaches before accepting an offer. If they wont talk to you, or give you nonsense answers, then run. It can only get worse from there.
- make sure the organization is investing in proper coaches for your team. Not just one head coach and the rest volunteer daddy coaches getting a free ride for their kid.

Once on your team
- dont switch mid season. It does nothing but hurt your kids image when he tries out for other clubs. And teaches your kid the wrong lesson about following through with his commitment to his team.
- make sure your kid enjoys playing for the team when deciding to try out next season.
- if you find during the season the organization does not follow through with what they promised, then walk after the end of the season. Find another team. Otherwise it will only get worse.
- practice with your kid. And make sure your kid understands practicing daily at home is the only way he will get better.
- when at tournaments enjoy the game. Dont be crazy on the sidelines shouting. Let the coaches do the coaching.
- dont let winning be everything. In the end it should be whether your kid is enjoying thenselves, and developing as a player. You certainly dont want to lose all the time. But you also dont want to win at any cost.

Have a great season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This says it all.

- dont do it for the scholarships. You are better off not doing it then, saving that money, and you would end up having more money for your kid for college.
- dont do it if your kid is not being played. Thats just ridiculous. What is he practicing for. You practice so you will play well in your games. If he is not being played, its a waste. Pick a different team.
- dont do it because your kid wants to be on the top team. You are sending the wrong message to your kid. Being part of somerhing in name only, but not contributing to it by playing in the game, means he really earned nothing.
- dont do it just because you want to tell others your kid is on the top team. Your actually harming your kids self esteem, as he continues to watch others play instead of him.
- dont force your kid to play just to relive your dreams in your youth. Your child needs to choose their own path. That is the only way they will be successful and happy. That should be your goal.

- he is played. He doesnt have to be a starter. But he needs to play a decent amount of time in games.
- there is a team environment where there may not be equal playing time for all, but every player gets reasonable playing time.
- there is one team per age group. Or at least your on the top team. All the second teams are money grabs. Its way to difficult for organizations to pull in enough talent at tryouts to field 2 teams in an age group. (And everyone at tryouts wont accept). You are better playing for another club.
- Dont be a sucker paying ridiculous figures. Figure out what they are really giving you for your money. Is it really worth it? Why did tuition go up 25%? Certainly costs didnt increase that much in a year.
- Talk to people who you know or that friends know play for or played for that organization to get a better picture. Get the inside scoop.
- make a list of questions. And call and talk to the coaches before accepting an offer. If they wont talk to you, or give you nonsense answers, then run. It can only get worse from there.
- make sure the organization is investing in proper coaches for your team. Not just one head coach and the rest volunteer daddy coaches getting a free ride for their kid.

Once on your team
- dont switch mid season. It does nothing but hurt your kids image when he tries out for other clubs. And teaches your kid the wrong lesson about following through with his commitment to his team.
- make sure your kid enjoys playing for the team when deciding to try out next season.
- if you find during the season the organization does not follow through with what they promised, then walk after the end of the season. Find another team. Otherwise it will only get worse.
- practice with your kid. And make sure your kid understands practicing daily at home is the only way he will get better.
- when at tournaments enjoy the game. Dont be crazy on the sidelines shouting. Let the coaches do the coaching.
- dont let winning be everything. In the end it should be whether your kid is enjoying thenselves, and developing as a player. You certainly dont want to lose all the time. But you also dont want to win at any cost.

Have a great season

Or weasel your way into the club as head coach or assistant coach and make sure to start your son and play him over others to the team’s detriment, do the same for the sons of your buddies, and keep the director’s fooled that you are doing your best for the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This says it all.

Once on your team

Have a great season

This quote is so true. There were a lot of kids who could not play another sport this summer because 2023 is the year. Year for what? The colleges coaches are not looking at them but the schedule was unbelievable and the only one that gained something out of this was the club directors. Wake up parents playing on a club team is now the new it item and the snake oil sales men/club directors are lined up to cash in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way the kids dad... he would sign his name

I agree with the last post. The dad of the player that moved from S2S to Express Haugen, does not waste his time on this forum, (I'm not sure why I do! Why is the the 2023 forum the most active and disfunctional on the website?). When his son played on S2S with my son, I never saw any evidence of him bragging about his son, in fact he was one of the most reserved parents on the sideline and in the tent between games. He helped the main coaches during practices, and was great with the boys on the team. He would definitely not run down other kids. He reached out to me to tell me his son was leaving the team, because he wanted to play with his best friend, who is the goalie on Express Haugen. I know that probably seems far fetched for most of you, but at the end of the day, these boys are still only 13 (unless your talking about MD. or MA.) and want to play with their buddies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This says it all.

Once on your team

Have a great season

Or weasel your way into the club as head coach or assistant coach and make sure to start your son and play him over others to the team’s detriment, do the same for the sons of your buddies, and keep the director’s fooled that you are doing your best for the team.

The directors are not fools. They allow and endorse what that daddy coach is doing.
Leave that organization at the end if the season if that happens. It will only get worse.

Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard