BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Out of all the 91 teams, guess which team has its tournament schedule revealed

So...what’s your point? They have haven’t really had a successful 2nd 2025 team in the past.

Look at the tournament list. It's all 91 tournaments. They double dip on every one of them. Doesn't matter what is good for the team or the boys, only that 91 makes money on them. That's why they've never had a successful 2nd team. Greed. You can see they havent learned from their mistakes.

Holy cow they are all Mylacrosse tourneys. That’s funny.

Trivia... what does the Hornets coach and the director for My lacrosse tourney have in common? I love travel lax. It’s so shameless at times in my opinion.

Wait - it get's better - he has to be at these tournaments anyway. He's coaching a travel team without giving up a single weekend he wasn't already working. Maximize that profit. Brilliant!

That 91 B team is a joke. Completed money grab! Express at least develops their B teams. 91 B teams never last and they don’t care about them. To charge that much money and be in all 91 tournaments is a joke and if you don’t see that as a sign, best of luck to you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the tournament list. It's all 91 tournaments. They double dip on every one of them. Doesn't matter what is good for the team or the boys, only that 91 makes money on them. That's why they've never had a successful 2nd team. Greed. You can see they havent learned from their mistakes.

Trivia... what does the Hornets coach and the director for My lacrosse tourney have in common? I love travel lax. It’s so shameless at times in my opinion.

Wait - it get's better - he has to be at these tournaments anyway. He's coaching a travel team without giving up a single weekend he wasn't already working. Maximize that profit. Brilliant!

That 91 B team is a joke. Completed money grab! Express at least develops their B teams. 91 B teams never last and they don’t care about them. To charge that much money and be in all 91 tournaments is a joke and if you don’t see that as a sign, best of luck to you!

I agree, but honestly Express is no different. Total money grab. Chan overloads his team to make as much as he can, and Reilly is left with hardly anything to choose from. And they flounder through the season.
These big organizations dont care at all about their second and third teams.

There should only be one team per age group for any organization.
If you dont make an organizations top team, then look somewhere else. There are so many other clubs now to choose from

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, but honestly Express is no different. Total money grab. Chan overloads his team to make as much as he can, and Reilly is left with hardly anything to choose from. And they flounder through the season.

If you dont make an organizations top team, then look somewhere else. There are so many other clubs now to choose from

I will give some blame to parents as well. There are parents more and more who just pay to be on a team they couldn’t make. They pay to practice and play meaningless minutes. If I owned a club, I would say thanks! Sorry, but I’m my opinion, this is just dumb on the parents part. There is no depth chart that your son is magically climbing and one day he’ll be first line. Yeah, likely improving, but so are the starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I will give some blame to parents as well. There are parents more and more who just pay to be on a team they couldn’t make. They pay to practice and play meaningless minutes. If I owned a club, I would say thanks! Sorry, but I’m my opinion, this is just dumb on the parents part. There is no depth chart that your son is magically climbing and one day he’ll be first line. Yeah, likely improving, but so are the starters.

That blame if a child should not have made a team, should be on the directors snd coaches selecting the kids at tryouts. They are the professionals who select the kids. Parents look to them to determine if there child has the ability to play at the teams level.
But most of these organizations just care about the money and not about the kids. They are robbing parents.

But also lets be real here. There is also nepotism in these clubs as well, and problematic dad asst coaches (im not saying all, because some are actually very good) who box good kids out. Crazily this actually occurs as well.

And kids do learn at different speeds. Some kids can adapt to the game and learn much faster, eventually outperforming the kids who were originally standouts. I have absolutely seen this happen. And in the end good coaches should be able to see a childs inate ability to learn the game as well as their current exoerience level when making their decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has been playing on a decent 2024 team. At tryouts this year I noticed a couple of the 2023's working in. Turns out these 2 2023's have dob's that allow them to play down for the qualifier and WSYL if we qualify .However even with these 2 players I don't think we will. I am totally fine with this practice as my son also has a late dob born in Oct. 2006. .....last year I watched many of the 2025 top teams play and my son would be a top player on any of those teams. Next year when this all starts to transpire at this 2025 group, Will the top teams practice this? And how do the on grade parents feel about it?

Channey already does it ...there was a 2024 playing 2025 this past summer. And I know because my son plays with him. this year and next it is a scummy move. In 2020 when it is WSYL, then anything goes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has been playing on a decent 2024 team. At tryouts this year I noticed a couple of the 2023's working in. Turns out these 2 2023's have dob's that allow them to play down for the qualifier and WSYL if we qualify .However even with these 2 players I don't think we will. I am totally fine with this practice as my son also has a late dob born in Oct. 2006. .....last year I watched many of the 2025 top teams play and my son would be a top player on any of those teams. Next year when this all starts to transpire at this 2025 group, Will the top teams practice this? And how do the on grade parents feel about it?

Channey already does it ...there was a 2024 playing 2025 this past summer. And I know because my son plays with him. this year and next it is a scummy move. In 2020 when it is WSYL, then anything goes.

If you think its a scummy move, which I agree, why do you stay?
What example is that for your kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is that LAX today is all "scummy" cannot get away from it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just look at geese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just look at geese
keep it up , we know who you are and your kid is not that good. So enough with your crap

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all teams are as bad as the top organizations. There are options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just look at geese

Can’t, there are none to look at! You mean look at the Gevils right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just look at geese
keep it up , we know who you are and your kid is not that good. So enough with your crap

HA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The problem is that LAX today is all "scummy" cannot get away from it.

just look at geese
[/quot

“Reilly is a nice guy and not a bad daddy coach. He is encouraging for the kids. But he doesn't seem to have an understanding of lacrosse language and what he says doesn't make sense at times. He needs to work on that. And probably could be a bit less vocal, and leave that to the head coach.”
From your parents mouths!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The problem is that LAX today is all "scummy" cannot get away from it.

just look at geese
[/quot

“Reilly is a nice guy and not a bad daddy coach. He is encouraging for the kids. But he doesn't seem to have an understanding of lacrosse language and what he says doesn't make sense at times. He needs to work on that. And probably could be a bit less vocal, and leave that to the head coach.”
From your parents mouths!

Did you not read the part about how he was nice, encouraging, and "not" a bad daddy coach. The rest can easily be worked on.
Other top organizations have much bigger problems with daddy coaches, so you should stick to solving your own problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a simple question. If your son is not a contributor on a team. That means the team would be same whether your son is there or not. And team has more than 9 middies, 6 attack, and 6 defense, and your son is not on those groups. Why would you ever do that? And don’t say it’s what my son wants. These decisions are driven by the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW some people have way too much time on their hands. These comments on every topic are funny. everyone talks garbage when the are anonymous. what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 kid on Chan isn’t even age eligible for WSYL next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone posted his bday already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Heard a rumour that Knights have folded.
Is it true?
Really surprised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

Geese are next!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

I am sure those kids can find spots at Express, renegades, or 91. They are the only clubs with decent 2nd teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

I am sure those kids can find spots at Express, renegades, or 91. They are the only clubs with decent 2nd teams.

Get over yourself.
Those Knights kids were very good, many of them. They are not interested in money grab B teams of these big organizations.
They will be on first level teams of Rebels, R. U. S. H., Legacy, Outlaws, Turtles, etc ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

I am sure those kids can find spots at Express or 91. They are the only clubs with decent 2nd teams.

Get over yourself.
Those Knights kids were very good, many of them. They are not interested in money grab B teams of these big organizations.
They will be on first level teams of Rebels, Legacy, Outlaws, Turtles, etc ...

Those teams are filled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

Get over yourself.

Those teams are filled.

Every Team is not completely filled, most likely. .
Rebels may be. But its worth a call to make sure. They will let you know.
Legacy you should call. I doubt they dont gave openings.
Outlaws has spots for all their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Copied and pasted this from another thread.
This says it all.

In the end you do this because your kid loves to play.
- dont do it for the scholarships. You are better off not doing it then, saving that money, and you would end up having more money for your kid for college.
- dont do it if your kid is not being played. Thats just ridiculous. What is he practicing for. You practice so you will play well in your games. If he is not being played, its a waste. Pick a different team.
- dont do it because your kid wants to be on the top team. You are sending the wrong message to your kid. Being part of somerhing in name only, but not contributing to it by playing in the game, means he really earned nothing.
- dont do it just because you want to tell others your kid is on the top team. Your actually harming your kids self esteem, as he continues to watch others play instead of him.
- dont force your kid to play just to relive your dreams in your youth. Your child needs to choose their own path. That is the only way they will be successful and happy. That should be your goal.

If your kid enjoys lacrosse, pick a team where
- he is played. He doesnt have to be a starter. But he needs to play a decent amount of time in games.
- there is a team environment where there may not be equal playing time for all, but every player gets reasonable playing time.
- there is one team per age group. Or at least your on the top team. All the second teams are money grabs. Its way to difficult for organizations to pull in enough talent at tryouts to field 2 teams in an age group. (And everyone at tryouts wont accept). You are better playing for another club.
- Dont be a sucker paying ridiculous figures. Figure out what they are really giving you for your money. Is it really worth it? Why did tuition go up 25%? Certainly costs didnt increase that much in a year.
- Talk to people who you know or that friends know play for or played for that organization to get a better picture. Get the inside scoop.
- make a list of questions. And call and talk to the coaches before accepting an offer. If they wont talk to you, or give you [ChillLaxin] answers, then run. It can only get worse from there.
- make sure the organization is investing in proper coaches for your team. Not just one head coach and the rest volunteer daddy coaches getting a free ride for their kid.

Once on your team
- dont switch mid season. It does nothing but hurt your kids image when he tries out for other clubs. And teaches your kid the wrong lesson about following through with his commitment to his team.
- make sure your kid enjoys playing for the team when deciding to try out next season.
- if you find during the season the organization does not follow through with what they promised, then walk after the end of the season. Find another team. Otherwise it will only get worse.
- practice with your kid. And make sure your kid understands practicing daily at home is the only way he will get better.
- when at tournaments enjoy the game. Dont be crazy on the sidelines shouting. Let the coaches do the coaching.
- dont let winning be everything. In the end it should be whether your kid is enjoying thenselves, and developing as a player. You certainly dont want to lose all the time. But you also dont want to win at any cost.

Have a great season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

There are easily 10 plus clubs with teams in this age group. Some with more than one team. Why are you surprised? There are only so many 6th grade boys who play lacrosse on Long Island and each club is trying to get them.

From what I saw, Knights did a good job of coaching and keeping the kids challenged. What they probably did wrong is forget that parents and even kids want a Championship t-shirt every now and again. All you need is a couple to look for greener pastures and you can't field a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

Get over yourself.

Those teams are filled.

Geese has spots!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

Get over yourself.

Those teams are filled.

Don’t call a team looking for players. They are looking for a reason. 2nd clubs B teams are the best route at this point. Because if your son is good they will pull him up to the top team. Trust me. Imho the best choice is to go with 2nd team of an established club with a 2nd team that has been around. Express, Outlaws, Legacy, S2S and maybe Igloo, first year for them, though. Good luck. Email the directors and see who responds. All info available on clubs website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic:

Is it true?
Really surprised.

Get over yourself.

Those teams are filled.

Don’t call a team looking for players. They are looking for a reason. 2nd clubs B teams are the best route at this point. Because if your son is good they will pull him up to the top team. Trust me. Imho the best choice is to go with 2nd team of an established club with a 2nd team that has been around. Express, Outlaws, Legacy, S2S and maybe Igloo, first year for them, though. Good luck. Email the directors and see who responds. All info available on clubs website.

Your completely wrong.
2nd teams in those established clubs are generally epic fails.
All the talent went to the first string teams.
Your just throwing your money away.

Your best bet is to call or email the others clubs like Rebels, Legacy, Outlaws, Turtles. They will let you know. Plus many could have a full roster of 20, but have flexibility to take one more if they feel the kid is good.

You want to play with other kids who are good. Not just the kids at the bottom of the list at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true?
Really surprised.[/quote]

[/quote]

Your completely wrong.

Your best bet is to call or email the others clubs like Rebels, Legacy, Outlaws, Turtles. They will let you know. Plus many could have a full roster of 20, but have flexibility to take one more if they feel the kid is good.

You want to play with other kids who are good. Not just the kids at the bottom of the list at tryouts. [/quote]

Legacy is going to be a disaster. My son went to one tryout and saw the level drop and we decided it wasn’t a good spot for our son who was on 91. Went to two different organizations tryouts and it was much better skill wise. Many of the legacy 2025 kids on geese were on their devils team. If your son is skilled stay away. If this is not their last season before they fold or don’t become the knights I would be surprised .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No wrong or right. Just call around and do your research. I can tell you that any A team, looking for players at this point, is not an A team.

Ask about the coach
Ask about the roster
Ask how the team did last year and why are they looking after tryouts
Ask how many moves up to the A team (if applicable)
Ask everything, dont pick the first team that says they need players

Plenty of spots open, good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire has great coaching in my opinion and should be a strong consideration. No drama and a really competitive team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true?
Really surprised.

[/quote]

Your completely wrong.

You want to play with other kids who are good. Not just the kids at the bottom of the list at tryouts. [/quote]

Legacy is going to be a disaster. My son went to one tryout and saw the level drop and we decided it wasn’t a good spot for our son who was on 91. Went to two different organizations tryouts and it was much better skill wise. Many of the legacy 2025 kids on geese were on their devils team. If your son is skilled stay away. If this is not their last season before they fold or don’t become the knights I would be surprised .
[/quote]

You were from 91 and went to one tryout at Legacy?
I think not!

Only one kid from 91 went to tryouts at Legacy and he went to both tryouts, not one.
And his parents would not post on this blog anything negative about Legacy.
They even have good friends with a son on that team.
Plus they have only respect for Chris Fiore.

Its pretty disgusting someone needs to impersonate someone else, in order to try and defame another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo announced supplemental tryouts for 2025. I am guessing it’s the newly formed B team. Don’t know how confident I would feel about the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Legacy having supplemental tryouts for their B team Geese?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true?
Really surprised.

[/quote]

Your completely wrong.

[/quote]

You were from 91 and went to one tryout at Legacy?
I think not!

Only one kid from 91 went to tryouts at Legacy and he went to both tryouts, not one.
And his parents would not post on this blog anything negative about Legacy.
They even have good friends with a son on that team.
Plus they have only respect for Chris Fiore.

Its pretty disgusting someone needs to impersonate someone else, in order to try and defame another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are lying and you know it but no surprise coming from the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Legacy having supplemental tryouts for their B team Geese?

nope just igloo that i have heard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are lying and you know it but no surprise coming from the organization.

Lying about what?
What are you responding to?

Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard