BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 99 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A coach who looks to develop one or two players and not the team as a whole is not a good coach because he only cares about getting the ball to his kid. All the PT 24 parents heard him screaming pass the ball to kyle the whole entire season from the sidelines. He even told the kids if you dont know what to do with the ball pass it to kyle. Every game. If any kid had the ball he would tell the kid to move it to kyle. So I guess you get what you pay for in daddy ball. Scam 100 percent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAKE NEWS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A coach who looks to develop one or two players and not the team as a whole is not a good coach because he only cares about getting the ball to his kid. All the PT 24 parents heard him screaming pass the ball to kyle the whole entire season from the sidelines. He even told the kids if you dont know what to do with the ball pass it to kyle. Every game. If any kid had the ball he would tell the kid to move it to kyle. So I guess you get what you pay for in daddy ball. Scam 100 percent

Is this true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Ask the 24 kids and parents. It was so obvious.just no one from ridgefield will admit it cause he coaches the high school and if you question him or his program he will take it out on your kid. Many stories out there about that. . One kid even questioned something he did and he made him sit out rest of the game. Told him he was the coach not him. Imagine that your kid who you pay to play under him cant even ask a question or he has to sit out. Meanwhile he's screaming pass the ball to Kyle. Who's paying for that? That kid and the kids parent who was told to sit down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KYLE!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't kyle who was told to sit out. He didnt question the coach. It was some other kid who asked a question and Roy made him sit out of the game for questioning him. Roy would never sit kyle out in a game. Practice maybe but never a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did he win a state championship with a team that did not have his son on it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow such hate. I have a kid on the PT 2024 team. Roy is an excellent coach. He's not passing out orange slices out at half time - but he will tell your kid what and how to do something better.

For all of you following this - this is one irate parent who's kid got cut. Those of us from PT 2024 know who it is. Roy is not perfect - but I think its hard to argue his place as a player and a coach in the national lacrosse community. My kid is getting better. I hope he stays good enough to continue on this team - because this team did get better. You take the bottom 4 kids off the team and add 4 really good kids - that is better.

His kid is one of the better players on the team, he deserves to play more. If anything Roy is harder on him than others. If you don't want to be on this team you can leave - but my understanding is that NO one left PT 2024 on their own because of any of this BS. They may have been cut, but no one left on their own accord.

To the irate parent - stop making it personal - it's not - have your kid get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you sick people stop shouting out a 12 yo kid by name!! If you have a beef with his father so be it, but to take it out on a great kid is unbelievable. And if I knew who you were I would crack every single one of you in your face. And no I’m not Roy, but I do know him and his family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously it's not one irate parent it's a few irate parents. So you cant really pinpoint one parent here. The truth is the truth. The people protecting himon this thread are his friends but if you look at all the comments people are coming out of the woodwork about bad experiences with the guy. I know one guy who said Roy came up to him and said you want to know why you kid doesn't play? It's because he stinks. Look if these kids made the team in the first place they don't stink. And who says that to a parents face after they just paid him to instruct his son. So no a lot of people dont like him and that's not being irate that's a fact. Ask around. Talk to parents in CT who had experience with him. Talk to people who worked for him. Former MLL guy Tommy P and trainer Larry as well as many other people who had serious conflicts. I think what you are seeing on this thread is that parents have had enough. It doesn't look like one irate parent not to hard to see that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really I mean so many people don't like him it could be anyone. I will tell the parents following this thread that my son has been working with Roy on and off for the past 5 years and he has gone out of his WAY to make things difficult for him. Was a real issue. Luckily he was good enough to work through it. If you get on his bad side he will take it out on your kid. Glad people are speaking up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it funny that on this thread and the 2022 that 2 of the biggest names in lacrosse and hall of famers are being called out for "daddy ball". I'm sure somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly who really cares about hall of famer and former MLL. Parents don't care. I'd rather have a coach who didn't have a son on the team who was non-biased and really cared about helping your kid get better. Not some ego driven dad who wants every pass to go to his kid. Especially when you pay for "elite" instruction.

It's definitely not encouraging as a parent to hear all this negativity going on the field. From the coaches friends and the parent complaints about the coach its disgusting and disturbing to hear parents and friends of the coach make such remarks. Especially targeting kids. all these kids want to do is play and who is anyone to take that away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy only cares about his son playing attack and being the ONLY star on the team and Roy makes sure of it. I have seen it for years with him and he has made it very clear that is his agenda. Like his licence plate says "MY3BOYS" and they come first and will be first even though they are far better player at the same posiion. Roy will make sure those other players never get any shine over his son. Good luck with that and just pay your money. Daddyball One-O-One !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy only cares about his son playing attack and being the ONLY star on the team and Roy makes sure of it. I have seen it for years with him and he has made it very clear that is his agenda. Like his licence plate says "MY3BOYS" and they come first and will be first even though they are far better player at the same posiion. Roy will make sure those other players never get any shine over his son. Good luck with that and just pay your money. Daddyball One-O-One !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha parent who's kid got cut one-o-one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why come on here and spew venom.lax clubs are a dime a dozen.move on. life is too short and so is your childs youth.enjoy the ride while it lasts.the same thing goes on everywhere.find the happy median.stop the hate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joke's on you pal. No one is mad about getting cut. Parents are mad because they pay money for this and its not a fair playing field. It's a crock of @#$%

Oh and here's some interesting news which every parent who has a kid on this team with Roy should know. The top five starting players are on a scholarship. Roy owns their a$$ they are not paying a dime which means nothing to complain about. The rest are recruits from his box program which he can control so called friends of his. So if the plays are pass to his kid constantly again next year no one is going to say a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I read earlier it seems like Roys son was the best player on the ream last year and scored a ton. Is that true or was your son not as good as his and just got cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah well that won't fly with Westchester parents ever. That will change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was good and is a good player. Not the best there were others that were and are better. Roy just sets up the field so that everyone has to pass to him so that he is the star. It's so transparent. Every single parent was commenting on the side. The CT parents had the most informative info. Most agree that He's been doing that forever on every team and if your kid is good and plays same position then forget it. It's not about getting cut for these parents. It's about a bully coach who wants to steer everything in his kids direction and so many people are not happy with that approach. I mean why would anyone be happy about that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The owner of Prime Time I'm sure is not aware that Roy is directing the ball to his son on Attack to get him the ball so he is the scorer and ultimately the Star of the team. I know people say that Roy has been doing this for years. I just cannot believe the Owner or Director of Prime Time would tolerate that type of behavior since the 2024 record did not win many Championships with Roy as Head Coach. Were the parents okay with Daddyball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
scholarship or not, the best players play!! Bottom line!!

I suggest you get off this site and take your kid to the field and work on his deficiencies!!

or you probably can't cause you never played the game and you are a typical Westchester know it all parent!!

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The owner of Prime Time I'm sure is not aware that Roy is directing the ball to his son on Attack to get him the ball so he is the scorer and ultimately the Star of the team. I know people say that Roy has been doing this for years. I just cannot believe the Owner or Director of Prime Time would tolerate that type of behavior since the 2024 record did not win many Championships with Roy as Head Coach. Were the parents okay with Daddyball?

As a parent of two kids that are and have been on Prime Time teams for years, Don't kid yourself Nick Daniello , the owner, knows everything that goes on with his teams. Nothing gets done without his okay including keeping and playing all the daddy coaches kids and connected kids. Meaning kids that are friends of friends or kids that are friends of coaches .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's getting a free MLL coach. And in return his sons play for free and Roy has control of the field making sure they get the most strategic opportunities on net. And the only way to control that is to put kids in there who can help his kid score and those kids have to parents who won't say anything. Like non paying parents or people he knows

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the most comical thread I've seen in while. Karma finally!!!!!!!! It's going down I'm yelling TIMBER you better move, you'd better dance. Maybe Bruno Mars will take over Roy's job. Please Roy don't come back to CT with a travel team all set-up for your kids success and parent's who pay for it. Stay in NY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was good and is a good player. Not the best there were others that were and are better. Roy just sets up the field so that everyone has to pass to him so that he is the star. It's so transparent. Every single parent was commenting on the side. The CT parents had the most informative info. Most agree that He's been doing that forever on every team and if your kid is good and plays same position then forget it. It's not about getting cut for these parents. It's about a bully coach who wants to steer everything in his kids direction and so many people are not happy with that approach. I mean why would anyone be happy about that

I have no skin in the game here on this thread but I read it and find it funny about the animosity you have about Roy. My son plays with Roy's son on a winter team and I've seen Roy personally coach players not to ball hog, be a team player, pick and pass, etc., and he's the harshest on his own son. Also, his son can play up a grade against bigger players whereas many few can. He happens to be passionate about the game, and dad's who never played the game don't understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy's kids could be the worst on the team and i am taking roy over anyone....and that goes for the rest of the pt staff.

some os the best coaches around...nick has built a serious program bottom line!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy's kids could be the worst on the team and i am taking roy over anyone....and that goes for the rest of the pt staff.

some os the best coaches around...nick has built a serious program bottom line!!

Yes a good program but that's because of the directors marketing ability not PT developing skills , PT gets new talented kids every year that had already been developed from other teams, A very small percentage of PT kids who have been with the program from early stages stay with the team. Either they have been cut or left. So that tells me that they are just like every other organization . They just get better talent show up at tryouts in search of the golden apple that they promote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on Roy’s team and these comments are a joke. He is tough but fair and a great coach. He doesn’t favor any individual including his own kid. This sounds like sour grapes from parents who coach their own kid from the sideline which is devastating for their own kid (you know who you are) and their kid probably didn’t make team this time around... Move on, the rest of us are happy w the great coaching and there areplenty of options for unhappy parents to go somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny how you comment you know who you are. Sounds like you have it out for one parent in particular when so many have indicated on this thread about bad coaching experiences with Roy. You must be his only friend.

As a dad who played lax in college and goes to both of my kids tourneys, I've never heard anybody yell as loud as he does to pass the ball to his kid then Roy. You are delliousional to think that Roy isn't doing this for free so he can coach his kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of two kids that are and have been on Prime Time teams for years, Don't kid yourself Nick Daniello , the owner, knows everything that goes on with his teams. Nothing gets done without his okay including keeping and playing all the daddy coaches kids and connected kids. Meaning kids that are friends of friends or kids that are friends of coaches .

It is not just primetime. Eclipse also has a problem with coaches kids and connected kids. One eclipse team this summer even had a daddy coach and granddaddy coach. Club teams could reduce this image of rampant nepotism by publicly mandating that coaches can’t be on the same teams as their sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes a good program but that's because of the directors marketing ability not PT developing skills , PT gets new talented kids every year that had already been developed from other teams, A very small percentage of PT kids who have been with the program from early stages stay with the team. Either they have been cut or left. So that tells me that they are just like every other organization . They just get better talent show up at tryouts in search of the golden apple that they promote.

Roy aside, what isn’t annual turnover for a club like PT rah year? Is it more active in the 6-8th grade teams and then asettles in hs? Is it a consistent bottom 6 or percentage are moved out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for mentioning that you played in college. As if that has any current relevance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys sound like you signed and are locked into a 6 year contract with PT. If your kid isn’t happy, move on to another program. If he’s not good enough, work to improve. He can change programs (but not parents). Too much sour grapes here and trashing coaches and kids.

I can’t speak for 2024, but my son and our experience with PT has been awesome. I’m not from the area so I knew nothing about the program going in. Does he and us lose friends when players are cut due to better talent trying out? Sadly Yes, but that’s what makes it s strong program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays box as well and Roy is always preaching take a good shot to everyone, not just his son. He is extremely passionate about teaching box lacrosse to all players even the ones who aren't as skilled. Granted he has his favorites and that's obvious but he cares about the kids who put forth the effort. As a parent shut up and watch and just thank him for coaching your son. If you are unhappy with his coaching style just find another program that fits your needs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys sound like you signed and are locked into a 6 year contract with PT. If your kid isn’t happy, move on to another program. If he’s not good enough, work to improve. He can change programs (but not parents). Too much sour grapes here and trashing coaches and kids.

I can’t speak for 2024, but my son and our experience with PT has been awesome. I’m not from the area so I knew nothing about the program going in. Does he and us lose friends when players are cut due to better talent trying out? Sadly Yes, but that’s what makes it s strong program.

Thanks for mentioning that you played in college. As if that has any current relevance.

Oh there's a huge difference between PT and eclipse. Eclipse 24 moves the ball as a whole they have been developing that team to go to Denver for a long time. They are a machine. They kids on that time call out plays to each other.

PT totally one sided kids are not used to playing together and the dad coach runs it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it totally makes all the revelance because someone who's been there can see it with a different perspective that a [ChillLaxin] such as yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it totally makes all the revelance because someone who's been there can see it with a different perspective that a [ChillLaxin] such as yourself

It really doesn't make a difference. I played in college, yet understand all of the nuances of baseball by observing the game. If I didn't continually improve my knowledge of the game, what I learned on the field would be almost irrelevant. One thing people need to stop getting hung up on are coaches playing credentials. One of the coaches I learned the most from (when I began coaching) never played the game of lacrosse. He was a football player who immersed himself in lacrosse and is simply the best varsity coach I've ever been around. Knowledgeable, great motivator, even handed--no special treatment, etc. So, regardless of a coaches playing experience, observe how a guy runs a practice, how he communicates, how the kids play for him. Then judge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really doesn't make a difference. I played in college, yet understand all of the nuances of baseball by observing the game. If I didn't continually improve my knowledge of the game, what I learned on the field would be almost irrelevant. One thing people need to stop getting hung up on are coaches playing credentials. One of the coaches I learned the most from (when I began coaching) never played the game of lacrosse. He was a football player who immersed himself in lacrosse and is simply the best varsity coach I've ever been around. Knowledgeable, great motivator, even handed--no special treatment, etc. So, regardless of a coaches playing experience, observe how a guy runs a practice, how he communicates, how the kids play for him. Then judge.

This is so true. If a kid is intimidated and is not motivated they gain nothing but self doubt. An encouraging coach can make or break a kids development for any sport

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 99 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard