BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2027-4th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Important for people who tried out for Team United:
You need to read the 2022 forum before committing your kid.

Read the 2022 forum. Looks like Marksberry and his United team
- constantly adds kids to his roster after try-outs, he added 8 or 9 last year
- lost to a couple of school teams
- kept entering AA tournaments while not winning a single tournament last year
- finally entered the B bracket at NLF and lost in the first round of playoffs, tourney maching said they went 1-2 in the B bracket at that tourney
- showed up late to the NLF game after it started, then lectured the kids about not playing hard for him when they lost
- promises you he will take care of your kid, then cuts him at try-out

Real winner. Just ask United 2022 parents if any statements above are wrong. He spun off from 91, but Dynamic Sports owns 91, East Coast Elite, United, Empire Beach Bums and a bunch of other teams. They are in it to take your money. Join a smaller team that will take care of your kid like EpicJokers.

Now Marksberry and his buddies can start typing how wrong I am.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why ? Where this come from who asked ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at prior response above, plus look at entire conversation on 2022 thread.
Appears there are serious coaching issues on United, including everything above, plus drinking and gambling and walking out on kids at games.
If you are considering United you should seriously read everything.
You may not want to go that direction. There are many other options between Rebels, R. U. S. H. , 24 East, Epic Jokers, etc...
You probably do not want to go through what 2022 United has gone through and us going through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JM,
It seems like you past transgressions have caught up and smacked you square in the butt. Parents are tired of paying thousands of $$ only to have you treat them like crap, except for a select few. You showed way too much of your butt, parents are aware of your questionable character and attacked, once you tweaked them and their kids, especially their kids. I've always said, parents will always have the final say. I guarantee you won't be the only one, especially since tuition prices are sky rocketing. Finally, you failed to even defend yourself about what was said. You character is in question. It's one thing to make coaching errors on the field, but for folks to question your character is another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Appears there are serious coaching issues on United, including everything above, plus drinking and gambling and walking out on kids at games.
You may not want to go that direction. There are many other options between Rebels, R. U. S. H. , 24 East, Epic Jokers, etc...
You probably do not want to go through what 2022 United has gone through and us going through.

You really make no senses you say everything that is written about the guy the read the other topics then you say what is went thru . Stop being a coward and put your name to it . Question you believe everything on here ? I don’t know JM I did talk to him about the 2027 team but didn’t try out seem like a square guy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really make no senses you say everything that is written about the guy the read the other topics then you say what is went thru . Stop being a coward and put your name to it . Question you believe everything on here ? I don’t know JM I did talk to him about the 2027 team but didn’t try out seem like a square guy.

What???? That made no sense.

My kid is not on United. But after reading the 2022 thread, I was pretty horrified by what was said.

If I was a parent thinking about United, I would make sure I read the conversation on the 2022 thread. It will probably seriously make you rethink that choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may not want to go that direction. There are many other options between Rebels, Outlaws, Knights, Legacy, etc...

My kid is not on United. But after reading the 2022 thread, I was pretty horrified by what was said.

If I was a parent thinking about United, I would make sure I read the conversation on the 2022 thread. It will probably seriously make you rethink that choice.

With all these posts being anonymous, why would anyone take what is said serious? It could be the same few people with an axe to grind posting it all. If there are people with real opinions and issues with the coach...why not register here and put your name to it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all these posts being anonymous, why would anyone take what is said serious? It could be the same few people with an axe to grind posting it all. If there are people with real opinions and issues with the coach...why not register here and put your name to it?

Because, if you read the 2022 thread, you will see that some of these people still have kids on the team. Why? Because they feel at this point so late in the game probably it wouldnt be good to change teams, or their kids want to stay together with their friends.
I dont think I would stay, but the lacrosse world is crazy and lots of people put up with stuff and continue to pay.

Anyway, everyone can believe what they want. But its always smart to review all info before making a decision. And if I had my 2027 kid try out for United, then I would at least have read what was said in the 2022 thread.
Then if you still feel comfortable signing up gor United, then go ahead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Copied and pasted this from another thread.
This says it all.

In the end you do this because your kid loves to play.
- dont do it for the scholarships. You are better off not doing it then, saving that money, and you would end up having more money for your kid for college.
- dont do it if your kid is not being played. Thats just ridiculous. What is he practicing for. You practice so you will play well in your games. If he is not being played, its a waste. Pick a different team.
- dont do it because your kid wants to be on the top team. You are sending the wrong message to your kid. Being part of somerhing in name only, but not contributing to it by playing in the game, means he really earned nothing.
- dont do it just because you want to tell others your kid is on the top team. Your actually harming your kids self esteem, as he continues to watch others play instead of him.
- dont force your kid to play just to relive your dreams in your youth. Your child needs to choose their own path. That is the only way they will be successful and happy. That should be your goal.

If your kid enjoys lacrosse, pick a team where
- he is played. He doesnt have to be a starter. But he needs to play a decent amount of time in games.
- there is a team environment where there may not be equal playing time for all, but every player gets reasonable playing time.
- there is one team per age group. Or at least your on the top team. All the second teams are money grabs. Its way to difficult for organizations to pull in enough talent at tryouts to field 2 teams in an age group. (And everyone at tryouts wont accept). You are better playing for another club.
- Dont be a sucker paying ridiculous figures. Figure out what they are really giving you for your money. Is it really worth it? Why did tuition go up 25%? Certainly costs didnt increase that much in a year.
- Talk to people who you know or that friends know play for or played for that organization to get a better picture. Get the inside scoop.
- make a list of questions. And call and talk to the coaches before accepting an offer. If they wont talk to you, or give you nonsense answers, then run. It can only get worse from there.
- make sure the organization is investing in proper coaches for your team. Not just one head coach and the rest volunteer daddy coaches getting a free ride for their kid.

Once on your team
- dont switch mid season. It does nothing but hurt your kids image when he tries out for other clubs. And teaches your kid the wrong lesson about following through with his commitment to his team.
- make sure your kid enjoys playing for the team when deciding to try out next season.
- if you find during the season the organization does not follow through with what they promised, then walk after the end of the season. Find another team. Otherwise it will only get worse.
- practice with your kid. And make sure your kid understands practicing daily at home is the only way he will get better.
- when at tournaments enjoy the game. Dont be crazy on the sidelines shouting. Let the coaches do the coaching.
- dont let winning be everything. In the end it should be whether your kid is enjoying thenselves, and developing as a player. You certainly dont want to lose all the time. But you also dont want to win at any cost.

Have a great season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams registered for the Columbus Day invitational in EI... other than Legacy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that practice has started why is there still big secret about tution cost not posted on websites , everyone forgot a month ago complaining with all the ridiculous prices. Anyone have a list of prices for clubs ? Make it public don’t let them increase it again another $500 next year. I bet suckers will pay again next year !!

Is your plan to post this on every age thread? Did you son not make a team or more likely your club folded because it was trash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your plan to post this on every age thread? Did you son not make a team or more likely your club folded because it was trash.

Stop answering on every post .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams registered for the Columbus Day invitational in EI... other than Legacy.

I believe Express is there also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 91 teams playing in the Legacy tournment ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are some of the top 2027 teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we'll find out over the next 2 weekends but...
91 orange
legacy
igloo kodiac

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we'll find out over the next 2 weekends but...
91 orange
legacy
igloo kodiac

Not Legacy. sorry Legacy Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 top of the 4th grade division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Kodiac lost to Massapequa at Blatant over the weekend. Tough to be considered a top club team when you're losing to town teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo teams just are not very good - they have fancy uniforms, and that's that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo teams just are not very good - they have fancy uniforms, and that's that

I think they charge $3,500, practice once a week, and they don't even get uniforms included.Man, I'd demand 3 practices per week for that rip off price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If last year is any indication, cream of the crop is:

91 Orange
91 White
Igloo Kodiak rebels
Legacy Gators

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the bad weather forecast for Saturday, anyone have any insight as to whether the Tristar/Express tournament will go forward?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange is playing up in a 5th grade division this weekend upstate.
91 White and Legacy should play each other this weekend at Tristar. Not sure if Igloo will be there too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange is playing up in a 5th grade division this weekend upstate.
91 White and Legacy should play each other this weekend at Tristar. Not sure if Igloo will be there too.

Igloo would be there if they charged $4,500 for a club fee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If last year is any indication, cream of the crop is:

91 Orange
91 White
Igloo Kodiak rebels
Legacy Gators

Primetime is also really good at this age. Not on Orange's level but better than the other three.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like Tri-Star is canceled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you see that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you see that?

I wasnt the original poster, but my son was scheduled to play and I was just told by our coach that it’s canceled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear if the Pumpkin Shootout in Purchase has been cancelled this weekend as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did our lacrosse practice get canceled this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did our lacrosse practice get canceled this weekend?

Only Saturday's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Kodiac lost to Massapequa at Blatant over the weekend. Tough to be considered a top club team when you're losing to town teams.

There were alot of 91 helmets running around for Pequa team. Not saying they all don't live in Pequa. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were alot of 91 helmets running around for Pequa team. Not saying they all don't live in Pequa. Just saying.

because everyone on the Pequa team is on 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is "There were alot of 91 helmets running around for Pequa team" even an excuse...they are all 2027's right? If Igloo got beat that is on Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo...bahhaaaaahah. its melting...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo, next to Chaney, is clearly the most reviled on LI. I used to think fl$ was... but nobody even talks about that program any longer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo, next to Chaney, is clearly the most reviled on LI. I used to think fl$ was... but nobody even talks about that program any longer

Why do you say that? My son is on Igloo and loves the coaches, and the parents are terrific. Please explain your hatred.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the legacy team in this age bracket? i saw them play in the columbus day tournament andnthey looked good.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard