BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I would play for YJ anytime before playing for BS and SS

unless you want to go to hofstra

Who won the Tewaaraton Award this year? That's right, a TG alum.

Do you realize how incredibly pathetic you sound? This actually made me laugh out loud. It's a rarity for me to respond to this crap but YOU! LMAO and to think you're a parent. Jesus.

Yes, because "unless you want to go to Hofstra" isn't straight from the playground.

Your response was especially juvenile that’s why I chose to respond to you. Your response was the one that made me laugh.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That has nothing at all to do with ss and bs that has everything to do with that girl. That's it.

If it had nothing to with them then why would she personally thank both SS and BS in her acceptance speech?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That has nothing at all to do with ss and bs that has everything to do with that girl. That's it.

If it had nothing to with them then why would she personally thank both SS and BS in her acceptance speech?

You can’t argue with these nasty YJ parents. They’re trying to grasp at any straw they can instead of just acknowledging that YJ is weak in the 2023 age group and can’t beat TG or Igloo. I could care less about who does or does not go to Hofstra or who won the Teewaraton (although it is pretty cool that both are connected to TG). Personal attacks on SS are rediculus, but since she is a director I guess it comes with the territory, after all , look what they say about CR.I’ve been with the club for 4 years and have only experienced positive with the coaches and directors. Bill Smith is passionate about lacrosse and puts his heart into this club. I would like to see the LI clubs get along a little better, I think many of us just get dragged into these silly debates, when in fact, many of our girls will playing in HS and college together. We will look back at all this bickering as a huge waste of time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Did TG Black play Thorn this summer?
TG split with Igloo....Igloo won the full right and TG won the shortened game
Igloo got Thorn a couple times but the final was a great game that could have gone either way

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo got Thorn a couple times but the final was a great game that could have gone either way

Yes Igloo beats Thorn EVERY time, you might want to believe those games go either way, but when you have never beaten a team after playing them for three years, it does not go “either way”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Yes Igloo beats Thorn EVERY time, you might want to believe those games go either way, but when you have never beaten a team after playing them for three years, it does not go “either way”.

Igloo clearly better than Thorn. YJ parents struggle with this the only age group on the Island where they aren't the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Great game? Igloo made less mistakes than YJ that sums it up not great lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo clearly better than Thorn. YJ parents struggle with this the only age group on the Island where they aren't the top team.

I can remember the YJ crew stewing over this for a couple years now. They would say, "wait till 8th and 9th grade, the best girls will leave TG for YJ", in fact the opposite has happened with more to come!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Theres only 1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn ...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is posting this nonsense about YJ attracting new talent at their upcoming tryouts must have their head buried in the sand. Have you not watched this team struggle year after year. The smart girls left and never looked back, I would not be surprised if a few more of the better girls leave this year. Last year when 91 girls infused into the program, only one (goalie) made a difference. The others either ride pine on Thorn, or get frustrated on Wright, a team that has take a serious downturn this year, losing most games to any team with talent. Now, we know some families have to stay withYJ either because they live In Northport, are the coaches kid, or have siblings in the program (this is over half the team). As far as the Hofstra comment, many girls actually want to go there. I even have friends that play for YJ whose daughters are committed there. The older YJ teams do have an impressive list of commits, but they are also better teams than YJ 23. TG also has plenty of girls who are going to very impressive schools. The top girls on YJ, TG, and Igloo will have their choice of school providing they keep their grades up. Bottom line is that right now TG is a more solid team than YJ. The coaches BS and S Apuzzo are fair and knowledgeable and never yell at the girls. Lots of favoritism and negativity on Thorn. Do either of these teams have room for more girls is another question. As for YJ, it would be very tough to displace a starter on that team, too many favors. On TG, BS would absolutely take a stud player and start her. He also would cut the bottom of the roster without a thought. I would rather have my daughter on a team where you need to earn your spot fairly. It’s never a good thing when coaches get too close with parents. TG has earned the top team on Long Island for a reason. And we’re proud to be a part of it.

YJ struggles because of the coach. period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Theres only 1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn ...

Take away Thorn's 2 best players and they would struggle to beat Wright.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 notIntelligent comments, NOBODY on LI makes Hofstra first choice for Lax. Do you actually think TG coaches never yell or play evenly or don’t play F&F you live in fantasy Lax world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 notIntelligent comments, NOBODY on LI makes Hofstra first choice for Lax. Do you actually think TG coaches never yell or play evenly or don’t play F&F you live in fantasy Lax world.

What is exactly wrong with Hofstra? It's definitely not the right fit for my daughter, due to the type of student and player she is, but it is a good school. I know several kids on the boys side who go there and love it. They're not going to win a championship, but that is pretty much out of reach for any school not in the top 15. Some kids prefer to stay close to home and don't want to go to StonyBrook, which has it's own issues, and will be getting worse (had there chance and blew it!). What is your problem putting down the school choice for anyone?? How would you like it if I started poking fun at many of the lower level schools some girls are committing to? It might be the right place for them for many reasons, none of which is any of your business. I have on Kid in an Ivy, and one in a top 50. They are both where they belong. Now grow up and stop acting like a donk! As for TG coaches yelling at players, I have not seen it, disappointed and pulled, yes, that's life. If you think players get abused by coaches now, just wait till your kid gets to college. Ive heard stories from my kids friends that would make your skin crawl. They toughen up, and learn to deal with it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

^^ and touche....this is true...besides a couple of girls...all are the same wright/thorn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^ and touche....this is true...besides a couple of girls...all are the same wright/thorn

How many years in a row did Wright beat Thorn? Two? CR had to cancel her LI Elite tournament because of the shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Wright is the 3rd best team. Aren't they 2-1 vs Thorn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Maybe Wright is the 3rd best team. Aren't they 2-1 vs Thorn.[/

Hmmm who could this be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many years in a row did Wright beat Thorn? Two? CR had to cancel her LI Elite tournament because of the shame.

Lol

True, however both of those teams have had quite a bit of turnover, unfortunately neither has improved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there's only, as you say, "1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn", than why didn't/couldn't Thorn do that? Did she not notice?

Apparently Igloo is a bit deeper than just 1 or 2 girls, and perhaps they should get some respect.

For the record, my daughter doesn't play for either YJ or Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If there's only, as you say, "1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn", than why didn't/couldn't Thorn do that? Did she not notice?

Apparently Igloo is a bit deeper than just 1 or 2 girls, and perhaps they should get some respect.

Igloo runs through the coaches daughter if she's off the team doesn't win. She will force the ball in games knowing her supporting cast isn't strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If there's only, as you say, "1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn", than why didn't/couldn't Thorn do that? Did she not notice?

Igloo runs through the coaches daughter if she's off the team doesn't win. She will force the ball in games knowing her supporting cast isn't strong.

100% true...all others are along for the ride...there is only so far a team can go like this...Igloo is heading for the finish line

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]If there's only, as you say, "1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn", than why didn't/couldn't Thorn do that? Did she not notice?

Not sure what you mean but Thorn doesn't notice much ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true...all others are along for the ride...there is only so far a team can go like this...Igloo is heading for the finish line

igloo serves great kool aid though ...so no one will leave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Berry Blue flavor and just a tad pricey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]If there's only, as you say, "1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn", than why didn't/couldn't Thorn do that? Did she not notice?

100% true...all others are along for the ride...there is only so far a team can go like this...Igloo is heading for the finish line[/q

You would have to be drinking more the kool aid to pay those prices to play on that team coaches daughter is the entire team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't start a comment with 100% true, when you are either ignorant or spreading lies. That team has been playing a zone defense for years and probably does it better than anyone at that age group. Do they not contribute? 1 or 2 girls are the focal point of the offense, that's really profound. Please Google Apuzzo, Ohlmiller and Cummings. All great teams have a focal point and if you don't think those types of players make everyone around them better, you plain don't know the game. There is no Kool-Aid at Igloo. The price? please do your research and see what you get for the price - year round training, uniforms/equipment and great coaching. I don't have a daughter in the age group but I can tell you from experience it would be the best money you ever spent on lacrosse. No cash in an envelope to practice, no extras everything Is laid out including the entire years schedule at your first meeting in September. Who is drinking the Kool-Aid??
If that's Kool-Aid then I'm drinking. If I had a daughter in the 23 age I would pray she could play on that team, you wont find a better coach or run organization. They are not perfect but they are what all clubs should aspire to be. They may not succeed but they are doing it the right way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please don't start a comment with 100% true, when you are either ignorant or spreading lies. That team has been playing a zone defense for years and probably does it better than anyone at that age group. Do they not contribute? 1 or 2 girls are the focal point of the offense, that's really profound. Please Google Apuzzo, Ohlmiller and Cummings. All great teams have a focal point and if you don't think those types of players make everyone around them better, you plain don't know the game. There is no Kool-Aid at Igloo. The price? please do your research and see what you get for the price - year round training, uniforms/equipment and great coaching. I don't have a daughter in the age group but I can tell you from experience it would be the best money you ever spent on lacrosse. No cash in an envelope to practice, no extras everything Is laid out including the entire years schedule at your first meeting in September. Who is drinking the Kool-Aid??
If that's Kool-Aid then I'm drinking. If I had a daughter in the 23 age I would pray she could play on that team, you wont find a better coach or run organization. They are not perfect but they are what all clubs should aspire to be. They may not succeed but they are doing it the right way.[

You don't have a 2023 daughter on the Igloo team yet you know so much about the offensive focal point and zone defense. Creepy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would pray that your 8th grade daughter would be on a lax team. Get a grip on reality

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please don't start a comment with 100% true, when you are either ignorant or spreading lies. That team has been playing a zone defense for years and probably does it better than anyone at that age group. Do they not contribute? 1 or 2 girls are the focal point of the offense, that's really profound. Please Google Apuzzo, Ohlmiller and Cummings. All great teams have a focal point and if you don't think those types of players make everyone around them better, you plain don't know the game. There is no Kool-Aid at Igloo. The price? please do your research and see what you get for the price - year round training, uniforms/equipment and great coaching. I don't have a daughter in the age group but I can tell you from experience it would be the best money you ever spent on lacrosse. No cash in an envelope to practice, no extras everything Is laid out including the entire years schedule at your first meeting in September. Who is drinking the Kool-Aid??
If that's Kool-Aid then I'm drinking. If I had a daughter in the 23 age I would pray she could play on that team, you wont find a better coach or run organization. They are not perfect but they are what all clubs should aspire to be. They may not succeed but they are doing it the right way.

If you are looking for an expensive, daddy coach who runs everything through his daughter and don't play in competitive Maryland tournaments Igloo is for you. Btw Apuzzo and Ohmiller are great players they have more assists than goals and do make the players around them better. Igloo doesn't play that way..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quick question... what’s with these emails about Supplemental tryouts from various clubs? what’s the purpose? should we attend if already on the team or expect to be on the team? or maybe this is a money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not creepy, I have a daughter on one of the other teams. I have watched the team play and practice many times. Why don't you disclose what team your daughter plays for so we all know why you are writing these disparaging remarks? I'm not interested in knocking other clubs because they all provide a service that if you are happy with good for you. These are the best retorts?? "creepy" and "pray"?? You have shown yourself to be delivering fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]quick question... what’s with these emails about Supplemental tryouts from various clubs? what’s the purpose? should we attend if already on the team or expect to be on the team? or maybe this is a money grab?

Supplemental tryouts are geared toward players that either missed a tryout or tried out for a team and are unhappy with where they were placed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't start a comment with 100% true, when you are either ignorant or spreading lies. That team has been playing a zone defense for years and probably does it better than anyone at that age group. Do they not contribute? 1 or 2 girls are the focal point of the offense, that's really profound. Please Google Apuzzo, Ohlmiller and Cummings. All great teams have a focal point and if you don't think those types of players make everyone around them better, you plain don't know the game. There is no Kool-Aid at Igloo. The price? please do your research and see what you get for the price - year round training, uniforms/equipment and great coaching. I don't have a daughter in the age group but I can tell you from experience it would be the best money you ever spent on lacrosse. No cash in an envelope to practice, no extras everything Is laid out including the entire years schedule at your first meeting in September. Who is drinking the Kool-Aid??

wow! how many glasses of Kool aide have you had!! Jeez...keep praying to the Igloo god ..... Igloo is certainly a great team but again there are problems too...What other age bracket is successful? I don't think any right? Its just they have a strong 2023 team. Thats great good for them. Whats there other teams look like? anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters tryouts this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saying “My Daughter is NOT on the igloo Team” Twice in your statement gives you up all day!!!

If your not tied to the organization and drinking the Kool Aid you would have NO CLUE what the team offers. GIVE IT UP!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me where I say I don't have a daughter on the team? I said I don't have a daughter in the age group. Nor did I say it twice. You still have not identified your team. Wonder why, maybe you keep losing to them? What is your background with Igloo? I have not knocked any teams Im pointing out facts and my opinion, yet you still have nothing to add. Maybe we can discuss at tournament next year, Ill be the one with the red moustache and big smile...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please tell me where I say I don't have a daughter on the team? I said I don't have a daughter in the age group. Nor did I say it twice. You still have not identified your team. Wonder why, maybe you keep losing to them? What is your background with Igloo? I have not knocked any teams Im pointing out facts and my opinion, yet you still have nothing to add. Maybe we can discuss at tournament next year, Ill be the one with the red moustache and big smile...

YJ does not lose to Igloo again and you can take that to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please tell me where I say I don't have a daughter on the team? I said I don't have a daughter in the age group. Nor did I say it twice. You still have not identified your team. Wonder why, maybe you keep losing to them? What is your background with Igloo? I have not knocked any teams Im pointing out facts and my opinion, yet you still have nothing to add. Maybe we can discuss at tournament next year, Ill be the one with the red moustache and big smile...

YJ does not lose to Igloo again and you can take that to the bank.

You are definitely not a finance major! The only way that happens if if Igloo dissolves. Otherwise you again are making claims that are not backed up. We have heard for the past year how Thorn was “looking great” and “going to win”. Well, none of that happened. In fact, it was another disappointing and embarrassing year for the big “bad” YJs. Facts are this: YJ can’t beat top teams, and are in 3rd place on LI. The only thing I can say you deserve is a participation trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ does not lose to Igloo again??
The kids always battle and have great games; the last 5 meetings have gone Igloo's way, but they are always tight games.
This year
Igloo won 9-5, 6-3 and 8-7. All in full games. YJ needs to strengthen their offense if they expect to win. They avg 5 goals a game vs Igloo

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard