BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyword on if HOCO is still having a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn't HOCO have a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo will definitely have a team and perhaps two at the 2025 level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if they have enough signed up for tryouts for two teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on tryout numbers for Heros and MD United? Do we see any major roster shake ups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco will have 1 2025 team, they will have 2 2024 teams ... over 60 girls at that age group for tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO parent - daughter attended M&D tryouts last night. The amount of talent on the field was unreal. Wouldn’t be surprised their Red team doesn’t try to play A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why play on a B team then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HOCO parent - daughter attended M&D tryouts last night. The amount of talent on the field was unreal. Wouldn’t be surprised their Red team doesn’t try to play A.

You’d be crazy to go back to HoCo if thats the case

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 25 M&D team is terrific, although almost a third of them actually would be below average if they played at age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only almost a third on that team is kids that turn 11 this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 25 M&D team is terrific, although almost a third of them actually would be below average if they played at age.

Do you know all of the birthdays of all the players on the team to make that statement? Doubt it, so stfu. You sound like nothing more than a disgruntled postal worker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like it is Hoco and M&D's time to take some incoming. Questioning of enough player innuendo and backhanded compliments of holdbacks? Really? 6th grade lacrosse heating up the message boards. How about some shots on Heros? MDUnited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island parent here.....I hate the age excuse that LI parents use. If you don’t like it, don’t go down and play them. We’re the stunads who don’t organize leagues on Long Island umongst our own travel teams because of selfish club owners. MD parents / clubs are outsmarting LI clubs. No hotels, no traffic, significantly less money....,.they bring us down, kick our butts and are at the bch 20 minutes after their last game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island parent here.....I hate the age excuse that LI parents use. If you don’t like it, don’t go down and play them. We’re the stunads who don’t organize leagues on Long Island umongst our own travel teams because of selfish club owners. MD parents / clubs are outsmarting LI clubs. No hotels, no traffic, significantly less money....,.they bring us down, kick our butts and are at the bch 20 minutes after their last game.

And your vast experience through grade 5 is what your basing these comments on. Please stop.....You know not what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdbacks are a boy thing, although the coed schools have some pre-first programs, it’s just a way to get another year of tuition out of a family rather than them having to admit that they held their son back a year or started late.
It’s a weak argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There needs to be more competitve clubs. YJ and M&D winning every tourney does not bode well for club lacrosse. As for age group corruption-I have not seen much on the girls side. The boys side -no comment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Parent here.. Hero's and LBC will both be challenging for tourney and the NGLL championships. Not sure why they aren't getting any love/hate on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdbacks are a boy thing, although the coed schools have some pre-first programs, it’s just a way to get another year of tuition out of a family rather than them having to admit that they held their son back a year or started late.
It’s a weak argument.

You are delusional if you think it’s just a boy thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your vast experience through grade 5 is what your basing these comments on. Please stop.....You know not what you are talking about.

i refuse to go down to maryland while kid is in elementary school. no value. Also, why not just stop going and break the cycle? why don’t teams come to LI? is Maryland more central for teams in the east? Out of state teams do come to LI. See that girls HS tournament at CSH High school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a weak argument.

If you think girls are being held back and repeating grades in middle school for lacrosse purposes you are the delusional one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they do change it to age based. I hope they make it September 1st cutoff so kids can stay with there school year players. The soccer use of Jan 1 kind of stinks as you are usually have 2 grade levels per year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It’s a weak argument.

If you think girls are being held back and repeating grades in middle school for lacrosse purposes you are the delusional one.

I know of a set of twins that repeated 8th grade this past year for lacrosse purposes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays on M&D 25 and is a summer 2007 birthday, and from what I see, there are a bunch of summer 2007 birthdays on this team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays on M&D 25 and is a summer 2007 birthday, and from what I see, there are a bunch of summer 2007 birthdays on this team

As it should be. No kid born in 2006 should be playing on a 2025 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you do math. 2006 birthday is a 11-12 yo which is fine for 2025 about to be 6th grader

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can you do math. 2006 birthday is a 11-12 yo which is fine for 2025 about to be 6th grader

My 2006 daughter is in 7th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25's can be 11 or 12 if they make cutoff date. Not a conspiracy-move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As it should be. No kid born in 2006 should be playing on a 2025 team.

Lol you couldnt expose yourself as more of a clown if you wore a red nose and giant shoes .... 06's can be in 6th grade without being held back. Cut off date is September 1. My daughter is a Nov 06 and went to school on time. Nice try yucko.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so tired of this conversation .....

if you're child turned 12 before August 31st 2018 and is playing in the 25's ....... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 13 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 24's ..... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 14 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 23's .... they are playing "DOWN"

If your child turned 11 before August 31st, 2018 and the are playing in the 26's ..... they are playing "DOWN"

etc, etc, etc... this applies through every graduation year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only kids born in 2006 that should be playing 25's are kids with birthday from 9/1/06 to 12/31/06. Anyone born in 2005 or from 1/1/06 - 8/31/06 is playing "DOWN"

Your child who was 12 years old over the season was playing against some kids that were just turning 11. My nephew's team had a boy on it who turned 13 last September and some of his teammate had just turned 11 that summer (July & Aug birthdays). That made him 22 months older than some kids on his team. That's a huge difference. Not all kids playing down have that much of an age advantage - but it is still an advantage to be older than most of your teammates/opponents.

Apply that all the way up and down the graduation years/age groups. The difference isn't as evident when the kids are in 2nd,3rd,4th grades but it really shows in middle school - especially for the girls. Eventually all kids that continue to HS Lax need to play with kids other than their graduation year - that's undeniable. But - as long as club continues to play by graduation year only regardless of age this problem will persist. And I don't even know that I consider it a "problem". It's just how it is.

The are many reasons why kids are started late/held back/reclassified, etc.. And all of those reason are valid and ok if they work for your family. But no matter what the reason for your child not being in the same grade as everyone else their age ---- for lacrosse purposes your child is playing "DOWN" - don't deny the fact that kids playing "DOWN" gain an advantage.

I think thay's why people get so riled up about it. No one is blaming or picking on kids who are playing down. But - the parents of the kids who are playing "DOWN" won't admit it is an advantage.

Again - it all evens out heading to high school but for the younger kids/teams it is definitely an advantage. Maybe the discussion needs to be held about going to calendar year age groups like soccer but no one in lacrosse seems interested in that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so tired of this conversation .....

if you're child turned 12 before August 31st 2018 and is playing in the 25's ....... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 13 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 24's ..... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 14 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 23's .... they are playing "DOWN"

If your child turned 11 before August 31st, 2018 and the are playing in the 26's ..... they are playing "DOWN"

etc, etc, etc... this applies through every graduation year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only kids born in 2006 that should be playing 25's are kids with birthday from 9/1/06 to 12/31/06. Anyone born in 2005 or from 1/1/06 - 8/31/06 is playing "DOWN"

Your child who was 12 years old over the season was playing against some kids that were just turning 11. My nephew's team had a boy on it who turned 13 last September and some of his teammate had just turned 11 that summer (July & Aug birthdays). That made him 22 months older than some kids on his team. That's a huge difference. Not all kids playing down have that much of an age advantage - but it is still an advantage to be older than most of your teammates/opponents.

Apply that all the way up and down the graduation years/age groups. The difference isn't as evident when the kids are in 2nd,3rd,4th grades but it really shows in middle school - especially for the girls. Eventually all kids that continue to HS Lax need to play with kids other than their graduation year - that's undeniable. But - as long as club continues to play by graduation year only regardless of age this problem will persist. And I don't even know that I consider it a "problem". It's just how it is.

The are many reasons why kids are started late/held back/reclassified, etc.. And all of those reason are valid and ok if they work for your family. But no matter what the reason for your child not being in the same grade as everyone else their age ---- for lacrosse purposes your child is playing "DOWN" - don't deny the fact that kids playing "DOWN" gain an advantage.

I think thay's why people get so riled up about it. No one is blaming or picking on kids who are playing down. But - the parents of the kids who are playing "DOWN" won't admit it is an advantage.

Again - it all evens out heading to high school but for the younger kids/teams it is definitely an advantage. Maybe the discussion needs to be held about going to calendar year age groups like soccer but no one in lacrosse seems interested in that.

Did you take a deep breath once you were done writing all of this? Do you feel better? 🙄

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's still true ... long winded or not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
It’s a weak argument.

I know of a set of twins that repeated 8th grade this past year for lacrosse purposes.

No they were not. You are so dramatic because your team can't win. Girls are not held back for "lacrosse" purposes. You all really need to get over this excuse. It makes you look petty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my kid's team wins - alot - like almost all the time. So I don't need or have an excuse. And I'm not dramatic. And I still agree with the above posters about playing down. While kids may not be held back specifically or only for lacrosse or other sports it sure does help them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my kid's team wins - alot - like almost all the time. So I don't need or have an excuse. And I'm not dramatic. And I still agree with the above posters about playing down. While kids may not be held back specifically or only for lacrosse or other sports it sure does help them.

Well look at that. How grown up of you to admit that they were not held back for "lacrosse purpose". That's the first step in the world of, not spreading false information (and less dramatic). I am happy that your kids team wins a lot. Especially since they don't have any girls held back. At least for the purpose of lacrosse.

And I did not disagree with the statement above. BUT....

It is freaking girls lacrosse. No one holds them back for the sole purpose of lacrosse.

Slither back over to your LI site and join their chat about how Maryland cheats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well look at that. How grown up of you to admit that they were not held back for "lacrosse purpose". That's the first step in the world of, not spreading false information (and less dramatic). I am happy that your kids team wins a lot. Especially since they don't have any girls held back. At least for the purpose of lacrosse.

And I did not disagree with the statement above. BUT....

It is freaking girls lacrosse. No one holds them back for the sole purpose of lacrosse.

Slither back over to your LI site and join their chat about how Maryland cheats.

Please don't send her back. We don't want her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a weak argument.

No they were not. You are so dramatic because your team can't win. Girls are not held back for "lacrosse" purposes. You all really need to get over this excuse. It makes you look petty.

played M&D 2021 red and now play for M&D 2022 Black, not even from MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a weak argument.

Nice try. Your information is incorrect. They played up the year they played 21

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try. Your information is incorrect. They played up the year they played 21

Not correct. They switched to a private school and repeated a grade.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard