BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how is the rebels team shaping up, are they still looking for players and what positions

There is still one more tryout date, so just give them a call. They will answer any questions you have.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where the Rebels will practice?

It depends on the final makeup of the team, and where the kids are coming from.

Call them, this is just strange advice posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven’t heard a bad word about the rebels.
They seem to really want to make the parents and players happy.
What a nice change to the travel experience.We are all use to your kid is lucky to be here now cut me a check.
Could it be we are truly the costumer and we should be happy what we are paying for? What a concept.

Parents and players are happy now, just remember the Rebels will always have Outlaws DNA! Enjoy it for now.

Is having the outlaws dna supposed to be a good thing. The 2023 oultlaw team has a history of yelling daddy coaches that weren’t lax players and mediocre performance. In addition they haven’t had a practice yet so I’m pretty sure the parents don’t know if they are happy. I think most of the postings referencing rebels are from rebels directors. Another question, does outlaws dna guarantee spam from rebels.

Outlaw DNA is just that:; yelling daddy coaches and mediocre performance. I don't care what anybody says, the two teams are still somehow connected. Last several years, Outlaws have been taking a beating both on and off the field. Creating a new team provided a clean slate. PB and DZ go back a long way along with their kids. I just don't believe for a minute that one has nothing to do with the other. Watch, next year the Outlaws will fall under the Blatant umbrella, as did the teams with DLT. Do you actually think PB, MB and DZ will tell you everything that's going on? But does it really matter in this watered down youth travel market? NO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a nice change to the travel experience.We are all use to your kid is lucky to be here now cut me a check.
Could it be we are truly the costumer and we should be happy what we are paying for? What a concept.

Parents and players are happy now, just remember the Rebels will always have Outlaws DNA! Enjoy it for now.

Is having the outlaws dna supposed to be a good thing. The 2023 oultlaw team has a history of yelling daddy coaches that weren’t lax players and mediocre performance. In addition they haven’t had a practice yet so I’m pretty sure the parents don’t know if they are happy. I think most of the postings referencing rebels are from rebels directors. Another question, does outlaws dna guarantee spam from rebels.

Outlaw DNA is just that:; yelling daddy coaches and mediocre performance. I don't care what anybody says, the two teams are still somehow connected. Last several years, Outlaws have been taking a beating both on and off the field. Creating a new team provided a clean slate. PB and DZ go back a long way along with their kids. I just don't believe for a minute that one has nothing to do with the other. Watch, next year the Outlaws will fall under the Blatant umbrella, as did the teams with DLT. Do you actually think PB, MB and DZ will tell you everything that's going on? But does it really matter in this watered down youth travel market? NO

This is a dumb post. Outlaw DNA, that’s just a notIntelligent. Who cares if they fall under the Blatant Umbrella or the Calloway Umbrella. You don’t have control of that and it’s meaningless in the long run. Owners don’t have to tell you anything about their business operatons for any business. Maybe that’s your problem, you think you deserve to be included in all aspects of a lacrosse team. Good thing the market is watered down, you have so many options and can stay away from Outlaws and Rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m now recruiting for a new pro football franchise with Cleveland Browns DNA

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a dumb post. Outlaw DNA, that’s just a notIntelligent. Who cares if they fall under the Blatant Umbrella or the Calloway Umbrella. You don’t have control of that and it’s meaningless in the long run. Owners don’t have to tell you anything about their business operatons for any business. Maybe that’s your problem, you think you deserve to be included in all aspects of a lacrosse team. Good thing the market is watered down, you have so many options and can stay away from Outlaws and Rebels.

Nothing will change, other than the name...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be missing a chromosome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be missing a chromosome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK is still with S2S he is now coaching the younger teams to try and build the program. MR took 2023 over there is no issue with DK and S2S. The team for that matter I have no idea I only heard they lost one starter. I heard Igloo lost 6 bak ups to the Turtles and two started to Express.

Turtles picked perfect year. They will be a team to watch for sure.

Turtles ownership were able to foresee the path youth lacrosse is heading towards. If you take into account what the turtles accomplished with the 2017 group and now the 2020 team, naturally, it was worth having kids tryout.

Yes foresee the ability to make some money just like the rest of the clubs.if they only had 1 team I could agree but the fact that they are expanding to more grades just shows the money that's out their for them to take advantage of.

Turtles are trying to cash in their 2017 group was very talented the 2020 group is one of the worst on LI

Says the coach who just lost players to the Turtles. Hmmm. He seems familiar with that 2017 team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK is still with S2S he is now coaching the younger teams to try and build the program. MR took 2023 over there is no issue with DK and S2S. The team for that matter I have no idea I only heard they lost one starter. I heard Igloo lost 6 bak ups to the Turtles and two started to Express.

Turtles ownership were able to foresee the path youth lacrosse is heading towards. If you take into account what the turtles accomplished with the 2017 group and now the 2020 team, naturally, it was worth having kids tryout.

Yes foresee the ability to make some money just like the rest of the clubs.if they only had 1 team I could agree but the fact that they are expanding to more grades just shows the money that's out their for them to take advantage of.

Turtles are trying to cash in their 2017 group was very talented the 2020 group is one of the worst on LI

Says the coach who just lost players to the Turtles. Hmmm. He seems familiar with that 2017 team!

That hurts!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to a established team is very difficult, it doesn't matter if you son's ability is above his teammates which were apart of the team for several years.On many teams, the parent(s) run the show, now throw in a daddy coach (assistant or head) and all bets are off, and don't for get the team mom with her group of team hens, who have an opinion about everything. Additionally, make sure you don't voice your opinion to the wrong person, because it'll be down hill from there. Are all teams like this, no I can't say that, But what I can say, it ALL begins with the coach. It's simple, treat someone else's kid how you want your kid to be treated and there will be much less drama. If my kid woke up tomorrow morning and said he didn't want to play travel anymore, it will be perfectly fine with me...This crap isn't worth it, no matter what level he plays on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good tryouts still left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a bunch:
- rebels has one tryout left
- express east
- epic jokers
- 24 east
- LI Knights

Am I missing any?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a bunch:
- rebels has one tryout left
- express east
- epic jokers
- 24 east
- LI Knights

Am I missing any?

S2S has a supplemental tryout listed on their website for the 15th and 16th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all clowns!! A lot of criticism and finger pointing. Plan and Simone all these clubs have too coaches and have proved it on and off the field. All you wanna bed and notIntelligent mother fuc$&ers, just enjoy the times because it goes fast. If you want your kid To be happy , stop getting in his/her way with all your BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all clowns!! A lot of criticism and finger pointing. Plan and Simone all these clubs have too coaches and have proved it on and off the field. All you wanna bed and notIntelligent mother fuc$&ers, just enjoy the times because it goes fast. If you want your kid To be happy , stop getting in his/her way with all your BS

Maybe, you should think about taking a few remedial grammar classes and/or purchase a dictionary and read it from cover to cover opposed to spending it on travel lacrosse for your kid(s). I'm sure they will not stand in your way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop drinking and posting -DWP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mamas Boyz is tomorrow and next Monday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any pros or cons about Recon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any pros or cons about Recon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daddy coaches, you could be for it or against it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last tournament we saw them in they were in the 2023 bracket but had a team with both 2023 and 2022’s and they still lost all 3 games. The thought behind that team was good with all the volunteer work they do was good but over zealous coaching and getting cocky was their downfall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last tournament we saw them in they were in the 2023 bracket but had a team with both 2023 and 2022’s and they still lost all 3 games. The thought behind that team was good with all the volunteer work they do was good but over zealous coaching and getting cocky was their downfall.

That was the 2022 team that was asked to play in the True Blue tournament last minute to fill the bracket.

Their 2023 team is a solid B+ team. They have had a couple of kids develop as players and move on, but haven't fallen off. Good program in general, they run Shootout for Soldiers LI and constantly promote giving back thru community service. We've two of our kids playing for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blah.... blah...blah!!!
Everyone is an expert.
If your good enough.....they will know and find you...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Buyer beware with this team. One of the parents tried recruiting my kid with lies and a bunch of trash talk. I decided to stay put, and it looks like I made the right decision. The 6-7 “top” kids on this team are on their third or fourth team in as many years. There’s a reason kids bounce around so much. Cancerous parents with an unrealistic opinion of their son’s ability and selfish play on the field.

Also, I would be very cautious of the “everyone is going to play equally” promise. As a new club, they’re going to need to win. That means shortening the bench in every close game.

Remember that before you cut a check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Buyer beware with this team. One of the parents tried recruiting my kid with lies and a bunch of trash talk. I decided to stay put, and it looks like I made the right decision. The 6-7 “top” kids on this team are on their third or fourth team in as many years. There’s a reason kids bounce around so much. Cancerous parents with an unrealistic opinion of their son’s ability and selfish play on the field.

Also, I would be very cautious of the “everyone is going to play equally” promise. As a new club, they’re going to need to win. That means shortening the bench in every close game.

ouch, you're disgruntled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you think you know about what's going on, either from a parent or a coaches point of view. I think a coach! First of all, no one attempted to recruit your kid(s), they (parents) asked questions about the club in reference and their questions were answered. Further, you say; "it looks like I made the right decision," well coach, you don't sound like you're too sure. Secondly, you're paid too much to lack the intelligence to interpret whats simply written on a web site. You say they promise; “everyone is going to play equally,” well the web site doesn't state that. Further, I assure you the 6-7 top kids on that Team, neither the parents nor do their kids know who you are and quite frankly don't give two hoots about what you think or what you are about. That said, go ask JS for some tips on how to win, if you have the ability to comprehend his suggestions. Lastly, I think for you to come on here and personally judge someone's decision and trash their kid(s), you're the Cancerous, Selfish person, with delusional, unrealistic opinions about yourself. It's easy to keep the focus on you buddy, go sell some more snake oil and move on with your life. I'm sure you could of occupied the time spent on this web site with more important people in your life, opposed to the ones in the cloud. You went there, not us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am trying to figure out what your issue is here.
1. Consumer choose to take money to different store. Would you prefer they stay where ever and pay $4k + Travel + Hotel to watch their kids play. If you check the older boards they will tell you it's no fun for the kid just being on a top team and as a parent you want to enjoy watching them play

2. Every team has crazy parents. If the world was perfect and everyone would get along and that parent must know your kid in order to have that conversation. I can't see a stranger having this conversation with some random kid off the street so if you don't like the guy don't have him talk to your child period.

3. If that scenario you mentioned above happened with the coach I would say (RED FLAG) this happened with a random parent. How does that reflect on the team unless that person was speaking for the team.

I was at the tryout with my son but choose to go someplace else. They did say players earn playing time in close games. Just remember great players can't get looks on the bench or in 10-1 blow out games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am trying to figure out what your issue is here.
1. Consumer choose to take money to different store. Would you prefer they stay where ever and pay $4k + Travel + Hotel to watch their kids play. If you check the older boards they will tell you it's no fun for the kid just being on a top team and as a parent you want to enjoy watching them play

2. Every team has crazy parents. If the world was perfect and everyone would get along and that parent must know your kid in order to have that conversation. I can't see a stranger having this conversation with some random kid off the street so if you don't like the guy don't have him talk to your child period.

3. If that scenario you mentioned above happened with the coach I would say (RED FLAG) this happened with a random parent. How does that reflect on the team unless that person was speaking for the team.

I was at the tryout with my son but choose to go someplace else. They did say players earn playing time in close games. Just remember great players can't get looks on the bench or in 10-1 blow out games.

It's a particular coach trashing kids. If you know the guy, its very easy to keep the focus on him. He opened that door. I think he's just envious on the accomplishments of JS. Jealousy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking Bandits and Express our of the equation, are Igloo and S2S still top teams? If not, where did those players end up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking Bandits and Express our of the equation, are Igloo and S2S still top teams? If not, where did those players end up?

I heard that a new club called Turtles in Smithtown got a lot of the top club players to come. Don't know if they all know each other or that they all wanted a better experience. Don't know if S2S, Igloo, or True Blue can still stay up there with a lot of dilution now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that a new club called Turtles in Smithtown got a lot of the top club players to come. Don't know if they all know each other or that they all wanted a better experience. Don't know if S2S, Igloo, or True Blue can still stay up there with a lot of dilution now.

So many new teams; so many more options. I guess that’s a good thing, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's great to see high talent spread out and parents understanding that their son doesn't need to play on the Bandits to enjoy the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue ??? Why are they mentioned in this conversation ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's great to see high talent spread out and parents understanding that their son doesn't need to play on the Bandits to enjoy the game.

Agree. 4K tuition without the add-ons. Traveling up and down the east cost when we have enough competition here on LI. Then throw in all the political BS, the groupie parents that ingest large quantities of protein, all which comes along with many of these so called top clubs, it's just sicking and you can have it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue??? Okay, compare the cost with one team in particular who was beat twice by TB. Should I go on naming another club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue??? Okay, compare the cost with one team in particular who was beat twice by TB. Should I go on naming another club?

Rebels?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TB is a good team, for sure. But they’re not in the conversation with the elite teams. That’s not a bad thing, it’s just the way it is. They’re an economical choice for the boys in that area and it’s great they they can put out a pretty competitive team. But the question is about the top clubs. Im interested to see how all the changes shake out with Igloo and S2S. Did any impact players leave? Or just bench players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that thinks top players from Bandits or Express Haugen tried out for a team other than the team they were on last year is crazy. These will be the top 2 teams until they go to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that thinks top players from Bandits or Express Haugen tried out for a team other than the team they were on last year is crazy. These will be the top 2 teams until they go to college.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is true, Igloo supposedly lost 8 players 6 were back ups that went to the Turtles and 2 were starters that went to Express. S2S lost there best player to Express also not sure if they lost anyone else. I do think after Bandits and Haugen there is a lot more parody in 2023, I don't think Igloo and S2S will be as dominate (IMHO). In the end who cares let the boys have fun get better and hopefully Lacrosse will help them get into a college. Good luck to all...

Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard