BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is that 9D1 Orange Fury Team? How is the coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are Jesters, Elevate and Top Gun at this age?

Coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Coaching?

TG has the WI Varsity assistant coach coaching them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a joke.

Top Guns well coached and good team.

Elevate good team could used better coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching?

I have a 2nd grader and live on north shore nassau.. at what age would most of you folks recommend starting travel lax. Any recommendations for clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching?

I have a 2nd grader and live on north shore nassau.. at what age would most of you folks recommend starting travel lax. Any recommendations for clubs?

The Bandits had an awesome 2/3 program last year and they actually beat 9D1 twice for a quarter of what those parents paid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd grade is too young in my opinion. If you live in North Shore Nassau county stick with a local club for now. If you like the travel experience, you can always try and move to a different club that you feel may be a better fit for you and your daughter. You also don't want to be travelling all over the Island for practice. Try Liberty and Igloo. Also ask the parents on your daughters town team where they intend to play. Easier to set up car pools. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd grade is too young in my opinion. If you live in North Shore Nassau county stick with a local club for now. If you like the travel experience, you can always try and move to a different club that you feel may be a better fit for you and your daughter. You also don't want to be travelling all over the Island for practice. Try Liberty and Igloo. Also ask the parents on your daughters town team where they intend to play. Easier to set up car pools. Good luck.

Thanks for this. I figured as most of the kids in town are still working on catching and passing. most of what I saw last year were scrums and crowds around the ball like soccer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching?

The Bandits had an awesome 2/3 program last year and they actually beat 9D1 twice for a quarter of what those parents paid.

91 is a terrible program. If you are bragging about beating them it doesn’t say much. Stay with PAL until it’s time to move to TG or YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My children have played travel lacrosse for a few years. It’s so hard to compare programs. They are all very different - skills, speed, love of the game etc....try to the program / team that works for her. Go to a place where the kid can play. It would be much easier if they all played in one club, but we can’t force it. Being the 20th player on a 24 player roster isn’t much fun for anyone. Don’t obsess over the name of the club or the letter. I know it’s almost impossible to get kids to different clubs, but it’s all about keeping the kids happy and putting them in an environment where they develop a passion and continue playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My children have played travel lacrosse for a few years. It’s so hard to compare programs. They are all very different - skills, speed, love of the game etc....try to the program / team that works for her. Go to a place where the kid can play. It would be much easier if they all played in one club, but we can’t force it. Being the 20th player on a 24 player roster isn’t much fun for anyone. Don’t obsess over the name of the club or the letter. I know it’s almost impossible to get kids to different clubs, but it’s all about keeping the kids happy and putting them in an environment where they develop a passion and continue playing.

Agree 100% with this post. Its probably best advice you will get on this site - find a club that works for you. Club name and reputations are fueled by supporters/haters, so take it all with a grain of salt. Never forget they are all "Businesses" no one is running clubs out of generosity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finding the right club isn’t easy. There will always be are issues / flaws with EVERY program. Playing time seems to be the biggest concern / complaints. Parents of the top kids get frustrated when Coach believes in equal playing time. Parents of the mid range / bottom players complain if the coach only plays the top kids and rarely subs. There are good / bad coaches in EVERY club! And most clubs allow coaches to run it their way. One coach may sub a lot and another may not and they could be in the same club. Don’t be afraid to ask these questions. As long as you do your homework and they are honest you have little to worry about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching?

After having two kids start travel at 2nd grade, I will be waiting until 5th grade for my third kid. At 2nd grade, some kids are still working on catching and throwing, parents are making some of them do it and the love of the game isn't there yet for them.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG plays a very competitive schedule and has a really good reputation. Smith’s are very competitive and want their A teams to win. Four overnight trips so you it’s a big commitment.

Elevate has some really good teams and one of the top programs in Nassau county. They get a lot of north shore kids. Cold spring harbor and Huntington.

Jesters may not have the most competitive teams every year, but that could be changing. Apparently they are putting together a very strong 2026 team and I believe their 2023 is competitive. I’ve heard they really emphasize the player experience and team bonding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost impossible to evaluate the coaching of an entire club. It depends on the year. It also depends on the ability / personality of your child and how they respond to different coaching styles. Don’t be afraid to ask around!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with your post about travel at a young age. although I’m a hypocrite and my kids play. There is no doubt in my mind that kids gain more at young ages from small group training sessions / clinics etc. It’s a skill sport. The fast kids will dominate PAL and some lower level travel teams, but every kid needs to have the ability to catch and throw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with your post about travel at a young age. although I’m a hypocrite and my kids play. There is no doubt in my mind that kids gain more at young ages from small group training sessions / clinics etc. It’s a skill sport. The fast kids will dominate PAL and some lower level travel teams, but every kid needs to have the ability to catch and throw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are growing. 2025 team is very strong. 2026 team won at Hofstra against no one. They have potential in a few years if they keep parents on a short leash. Talent is ion the 2023 team. Fun to watch. 2024 team also very well coached. Empire also up and coming. Great club to get in on the ground floor. Good program. Both clubs good prices too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter plays YJ 2025 and we are VERY happy with our team and coaching is very good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that sounds like YJ yellow, not blue. Yes, he is a good coach. too many girls though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gianelli YJ is a good coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gianelli YJ is a good coach.

Is he your daughters coach? Because you didn't even spell his name right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 17 kids on the Orange Fury Roster. That's a lot of kids not coming back to a pretty competitive team. Does anyone know where they all went? I guess $165 for a try out rubbed some people the wrong way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My apologies on his spelling. Was a rare positive post on BOC. No offense meant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He did have a big team this year. He took extra girls who asked to be on his team. Every girl plays and pretty even. Fun team nice parents. My daughter got better and is learning the game and had fun.Enjoyed being part of this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG plays a very competitive schedule and has a really good reputation. Smith’s are very competitive and want their A teams to win. Four overnight trips so you it’s a big commitment.

Elevate has some really good teams and one of the top programs in Nassau county. They get a lot of north shore kids. Cold spring harbor and Huntington.

Jesters may not have the most competitive teams every year, but that could be changing. Apparently they are putting together a very strong 2026 team and I believe their 2023 is competitive. I’ve heard they really emphasize the player experience and team bonding.

Elevate is awful. We just finished the season there and will not be returning. The coaching is weak. We had to pay for outdoor practices in the spring at Trinity which is just crazy. As a result, several kids from each team don't go as they don't want to pay for practices that all other clubs include in their fee and they didn't get to practice as a team. Everything they do is based on marketing so they can post it online or sell you a shirt. We played in non competitive tournaments. The list goes on. We are considering any other club on LI at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$2.3K for 9D1! That’s a big nut.

It includes 8 tournaments & 17 weeks of indoor trainings/practices, but still.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate. Coaching could've been more consistent. Would have preferred team specific practices. Pay for spring practice was fugazy. Tournaments were fine. Decent mix. Back, but hope for some changes. Every program plagued with some issues. I guess we'll know who the griper is soon enough. Good luck. hope you find the right fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're awful, just ask Spallina why he didn't coach there and went to YJ despite being a 91partner. Also 91s 2023 team, which was probably their best, all left for YJ last year after the coach quit and brought her daughter to YJ24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're awful, just ask Spallina why he didn't coach there and went to YJ despite being a 91partner. Also 91s 2023 team, which was probably their best, all left for YJ last year after the coach quit and brought her daughter to YJ24

Joe Spallina is not a director/owner of 91. Guy has no loyalty to them. Only to himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate. Coaching could've been more consistent. Would have preferred team specific practices. Pay for spring practice was fugazy. Tournaments were fine. Decent mix. Back, but hope for some changes. Every program plagued with some issues. I guess we'll know who the griper is soon enough. Good luck. hope you find the right fit.

Elevate is a nice program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ excellent at this age group both teams very strong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all went to second team but the goalie. and apparently that team struggled this year worse then ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking YJA out of the conversation how do the other teams in this group rank? I think 9D1 split with YJB over the summer and TG played YJA to a one goal game in MD. Also I think Elevate beat YJB in the fall and if I recall Empire split with YJB last year. I believe Legasee team also played some competitive games with some of these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about what you are saying here.
you are comparing programs top teams to YJ's second team.
It sounds like you are trying to trash the YJB team. We played them two times this summer at Manhasset and at the other tournament on Long Island I think they won both and were good. That was a 5th grade team that played very good defense. That's the second team and will probably get better with new girls joining the team at tryouts.
Tournaments in the fall are a little different. Some teams combine and sometimes bring in older girls or just try to fill a roster. I watched Elevate this year and would not compare the two teams. 2025 goes to YJA and B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA, Top Gunz, Elevate, in that order and then a sizeable gap...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate beat every other LI team they played this year. Lost to TG in summer finale. (Played JY A in the fall and lost by a few at Stony Brook tourney).

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard