BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 97 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thinking about taking my kid to superstars box , i have heard a few complaints , lack of teaching, too many kids, roy seems to have a lot of enemies, anyone have any thoughts ? good? bad?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final day of PT tryouts were excellent....2023 & 2024 groups in particular looked highly competitive.... didn't see much of earlier groups...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The superstar box program is excellent...best advice would be to go and see it for yourself and make your own judgement...first tryout was slammed with new players...I heard they did very well at nationals last week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Being in high school and on a B team for one of the local clubs is pointless. B teams usually cost the same as the A team but you get weaker coaches, inferior practices and most importantly, no college coaches are looking at B teams.

B teams are okay for younger grades when kids are learning the game. But for kids wanting to get recruited for college lacrosse, B teams are a waste of money.

I agree - Single A teams (b teams) for high school age kids pad the pockets of club owners and don’t do much to help kids in terms of college recruiting. Express north, eclipse and 91 tristate have single A high school teams. Any other local clubs?

Need to separate college aspirations from having a good HS experience. Being on a B team in HS will still make you a better HS player, I think we can all agree. Seems like 95% of families think their kid has good chance of playing in college in 7th and 8th grade when they should just focus on HS.

But be honest-- what you call A or B teams are viewed as B or C teams compared to top clubs who are pipelines to colleges. PrimeTime is solid A. They are the only one in our area. All other clubs may claim they are the key to recruitment but the players/families are doing the heavy work.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son plays for Roy and its a love/hate thing. He loves what box does for his stick and footwork in field lax but since hes not from Ridgefield or Primetime he's not one of the "guys". That being said Roy is very fair with my sons playing time and coaching. However, if you play attack and are on one of his sons teams then watch out. They just won the Nationals last week against very strong mostly Canadian teams. He must be doing something right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ctlaxdad
My son plays for Roy and its a love/hate thing. He loves what box does for his stick and footwork in field lax but since hes not from Ridgefield or Primetime he's not one of the "guys". That being said Roy is very fair with my sons playing time and coaching. However, if you play attack and are on one of his sons teams then watch out. They just won the Nationals last week against very strong mostly Canadian teams. He must be doing something right.

No doubt that having a real box program in westchester that competes at the national level allows you to scoop up a lot of good kids, I have been told, not much in the way of teaching, not much in the way of strategy and a heavy favoritism towards his 3 kids . seems like a tricky situation , outside of the benefits of small area games. seems like a lot of programs are promoting box, but lets be honest, small area games with or without boards is still building stick skills as well as reaction times -

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Actually my sons team won Nationals because of Roy's strategy and bench coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually my sons team won Nationals because of Roy's strategy and bench coaching.

Roy seems to know how to win , I am new to the box scene , seems like a great differentiated product, but as i look at different options and decide whether or not to invest the time and money into a formal program, can you elaborate a bit on what that means in terms of strategy and bench coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy is no doubt a great coach but as the parents on the PT 2024 team dealt with this past season, it was a bad experience. Whenever a parent/coach is involved with the team, like Roy was as head coach, it creates friction. Many parents left because they felt his son got more playing time than deserved. It’s a good lesson for everyone when evaluating a club team, even if the father is not a coach for his son’s team but on the payroll should raise red flags.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy is no doubt a great coach but as the parents on the PT 2024 team dealt with this past season, it was a bad experience. Whenever a parent/coach is involved with the team, like Roy was as head coach, it creates friction. Many parents left because they felt his son got more playing time than deserved. It’s a good lesson for everyone when evaluating a club team, even if the father is not a coach for his son’s team but on the payroll should raise red flags.

as a parent on the pt 2024 , I must disagree, playing time across the board was pretty equal in terms of minutes, that said, Roy was not shy about dictating where the ball should go when his son was on the field, at the expense of the team, this comes down to checks and balances. Assistant coaches were pretty vocal behind the scenes regarding this issue. Daniello seems very blinded about this , quite frankly, no dads should be coaching AA travel team with their sons - we lost some good players this year because of Roy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard from some parents that the other PT 2024 coach has a son on another PT grade team and he made the team again this year while being the worst player on that team. Daddy ball at PT.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That may be true but since my son plays a different position it isn't a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may be true but since my son plays a different position it isn't a problem.

ct lax dad - since you were in California playing box, 2 questions, 1- did his son ever get off the court? 2- how much was he coaching his kid over other kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Roy is no doubt a great coach but as the parents on the PT 2024 team dealt with this past season, it was a bad experience. Whenever a parent/coach is involved with the team, like Roy was as head coach, it creates friction. Many parents left because they felt his son got more playing time than deserved. It’s a good lesson for everyone when evaluating a club team, even if the father is not a coach for his son’s team but on the payroll should raise red flags.

Agree. Beyond coaches kids, you also need to watch out for kids and friends of club directors. Club teams will often add weak players who are “connected”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes your son got his but you are missing the point. To a family making a PT team should be aware of issues with coaches sons. They pay a lot of money only to find out that their son doesn't see the field as much as one of the PT coaches sons when their kid is clearly better, For the director to stand at tryouts and say otherwise is robbery.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Roy is no doubt a great coach but as the parents on the PT 2024 team dealt with this past season, it was a bad experience. Whenever a parent/coach is involved with the team, like Roy was as head coach, it creates friction. Many parents left because they felt his son got more playing time than deserved. It’s a good lesson for everyone when evaluating a club team, even if the father is not a coach for his son’s team but on the payroll should raise red flags.

Agree. Beyond coaches kids, you also need to watch out for kids and friends of club directors. Club teams will often add weak players who are “connected”.

I've seen this on our club team. Weak kids who don't have to tryout to make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chances are your kid got cut because you are a [ChillLaxin] creating issues with the other parents on the sidelines. Shut your mouth and let your kid earn his/her playing time and perhaps you stick around much longer. So many of these parents are their kids worst nightmare

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PT 23 and 24 teams are considerably stronger than they were this past summer and the top players were at the final tryouts. There is a lot of crying over spilt milk on this blog. If your son was cut get over it and move on. If PT didn’t work for your son find a new program. Don’t forget that you are the consumer and no one is forcing you to play for anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chances are your kid got cut because you are a [ChillLaxin] creating issues with the other parents on the sidelines. Shut your mouth and let your kid earn his/her playing time and perhaps you stick around much longer. So many of these parents are their kids worst nightmare

wow did someone strike a chord? Dad coaches on any level are never good and conflicts arise, its just the nature of the youth athletics these days,
pretty sure most people would agree- the best people can hope for are good directors , monitoring the situation , and if that doesnt happen, people should take their kids elsewhere - simple as that - people make the mistake of thinking they have to play for one program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical answer from a tough guy who thinks the lax world revolves around him and his son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

im not sure i read that anyones kids got got cut , unhappy maybe, but man you sure seem worked up, are you a coach? you seem to be taking this personally, i think what i just read was, dad coaches can create many different types of conflicts , and i m not sure anyone disagrees with that . i think i also just read that kids left because of those conflicts ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

im not sure i read that anyones kids got got cut , unhappy maybe, but man you sure seem worked up, are you a coach? you seem to be taking this personally, i think what i just read was, dad coaches can create many different types of conflicts , and i m not sure anyone disagrees with that . i think i also just read that kids left because of those conflicts ,

Exactly. That was a well educated reply,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PT 23 and 24 teams are considerably stronger than they were this past summer and the top players were at the final tryouts. There is a lot of crying over spilt milk on this blog. If your son was cut get over it and move on. If PT didn’t work for your son find a new program. Don’t forget that you are the consumer and no one is forcing you to play for anyone.

the addition of the attackman from the 23 will be a game changer for the 24 team - as well as add some some size

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
His kid played alot. Keep in mind my son is on an older team and we had a short bench in that my son and another only play D so really only playing with 4 transition/attack subs. The older son is a crazy good offensive player and frankly our best. Our one loss might have been a W if Roy didn't bench him for a good deal of the 3rd period. I'm not blind to the fact he hiks his "guys" and my son isn't on of them. Playing a totally different position from his son or his sons buddies kind of puts my guy on an island but he likes it and plays a ton so I don't have a beef with Roy. He is brutally honest with his critiques which I love but others can't handle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played for two years. It is definitely a rougher game but does wonders for their game when they go back to field lacrosse. Roy is demanding of his players and pushes them to be their best. He knows how to use the kids and puts them in a position to succeed. He does not like the kids that never come to practice and then are lost at the tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His son was one of the top 5 or 6 players on the team and since he plays minimal defense his playing time was less than a few others. That being said the team played with 2 2024 kids (2 years younger) who got a decent amount of play time and his coaching won them the gold. With a 30 second shot clock and end to end action you need to constantly rotate players so everyone does get a good amount of play time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s an interesting opinion about the teams being stronger when they haven’t played a game yet? They could have been stronger this past season if the director/coaches made better decisions at the tryouts last summer. It’s a joke and it may attract the better players but they don’t know how to develop them into lacrosse players and that is why a lot of parents walked away on their own volition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its surprising and sad that parents pay so much money for this and directors hire dad coaches so they dont have to pay them and their kid plays for free and the playing field is set to their kids advantage. So the parents pay so that the coaches son gets better and has every advantage over all the other kids and the director gets a free coach and anyone who says anything will get buried all the while the parents foot the bill. Why be so cheap? Why not pay for coaches...not has beens who want to develop the team as a whole not one or two players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word. The only way to have any input in your son's success is to either be a coach or be politically connected if not, pay-up and shut-up. And forget about asking questions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy is not a great coach. He is a narcissist pig who only cares about one thing and one thing only...his kid...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Everyone has an opinion..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone has an opinion..

seems like an overwhelming amount of people have the same opinion of this guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No just the parents of who's kids stink!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do you really think Roy will play his son over a better Attackman (please be specific), or did your son just get cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or it’s just you posting over and over again....guess we will never know...you lost a lot of credibility when you claimed he isn’t a good coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy is not a great coach. He is a narcissist pig who only cares about one thing and one thing only...his kid...

Seems to me the only real pig is the Dad hiding behind an anonymous post with a statement like that, pretty sad. Grow a sack. And maybe you should ask the Ridgefield AD if he is a "good coach" he's obviously doing something right. Don't worry, your kid will be fine on Express B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to me the only real pig is the Dad hiding behind an anonymous post with a statement like that, pretty sad. Grow a sack. And maybe you should ask the Ridgefield AD if he is a "good coach" he's obviously doing something right. Don't worry, your kid will be fine on Express B

His kid couldn’t be a B team player...he plays for Dukes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only one kid on Pt that plays for dukes last i checked, and i am sure his dad is not unhappy , you people are all crazy, people up at 1 in the morning bashing coaches, and people bashing other parents or kids, get over it already , its youth sports , if you dont like a coach or a program , leave!!! 18 kids between 23 and 24 were either cut, or left , get over it already , nothing at 12 , 13 or 14 will matter if your kid wants to get better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could be a Mom lacking a sack too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all anonymous statements. That's the point. Oh and btw his notIntelligent stars program is out of biz cause parents are sick of spending so much $$$$ to go to tournaments while his kid gets all the playing time. He's an absolute control freak on the field about moving the ball to his kid. All the GB plays are set up that way. It's nauseating. The only person lacking a sack would be a Ridgefield dad willing to eat his garbage on a plate that you are paying top dollar...have fun with that

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 97 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard