BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how is legacy 2026 team we were on vacation durning tryouts but it’s local for us we live in islip. Heard they are one of the top A teams for 2026 . Thx

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw mamaz boys have tryouts this week and tuition is very affordable not looking to pay 3k .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know how is legacy 2026 team we were on vacation durning tryouts but it’s local for us we live in islip. Heard they are one of the top A teams for 2026 . Thx

In my opinion they are probably a top 5 team for the age group on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you come to that.
They barely did any tournaments this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not a top team at all. They had tryouts already. Only 26 kids showed up. They have some good teams but there 2026 team is not that great. Go look how they did at their tournaments last year. They stayed away from the big ones and didn’t do well at the smaller ones

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you come to that.
They barely did any tournaments this season.

True

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not a top team at all. They had tryouts already. Only 26 kids showed up. They have some good teams but there 2026 team is not that great. Go look how they did at their tournaments last year. They stayed away from the big ones and didn’t do well at the smaller ones

Sorry I know they are only 10 and hate to say this but they were not to good. Don’t think they played 91, express , igloo at all. They dodge all the big tournaments like Lax fest and any 91 tournaments maybe this year. But good luck to them and play hard boys !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw mamaz boys have tryouts this week and tuition is very affordable not looking to pay 3k .

I would steer clear of them. Many teams fell apart this year because woman running club is obnoxious. She keeps overpressuring people for constant nonstop fundraisers. You end up paying out of your own pocket for these so your at that 3k mark anyway. And if your team doesnt do it, she threatens to cut those kids from the team.
Bad environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few years back when this years graduating grade '18's were in 5th , 6th, 7th grade there was a team not considered to be elite just a local team. That team eventually got splintered, after many kids got poached and the organization folded into another.

But many of those boys who were in 5th and 6th grade were told the same as many of these posts. turns out the core of that team won the states and many of those boys are preparing for college lacrosse.

Don't get caught up on what they say the level is, in 5th/6th grade use your judgement. Just make sure they play and get coached in practice. If your son doesn't play (see the field) then leave. The only way you get better is by playing on the field. If your son is the best on the field, others will notice and you will notified if another team wants to Poach your son (and that is okay - it is your decision to stay or go).

I would say in 7th and 8th grade is where you want to try and position your son (not 5th and 6th). If you like where you are stay, if not then try to get him more exposure. but again it is playing time your son needs. What I would also say is, what is lost in many of the youth teams. Try to be on a team with potential HS teammates. The more the merrier. If you are a Defender try to get with your goalie or another defender/LSM. If attck/Middie get with someone you will play with. This servers many purposes. 1). Its better to go through all of this with a lifelong friend and 2). you will build and maintain field presence.

Good luck with your journey. it is long and at times questionable. but it is your journey (and as the saying goes, its the journey not the destination) define it as best as you can.

One thing I will say - I am so glad the recruiting rules changed. I believe in 2015 something changed and the recruiting sped up (as well as much of the shadiness).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, a very well-written and thoughtful post, and nobody has mocked it yet! wink

I agree with the bottom line, which is bring your child to a team with a coach who will help teach & develop your kid, whether or not they win much, and makes it fun for them, and make sure your kid sees the field.

Five years from now, your kid will fondly remember that they had fun playing and getting better, whether they won or lost... But they won’t look back fondly, if they sat the whole time, as a ten year old, even if their team won a lot of tournaments in 2018... it’s a long journey!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few years back when this years graduating grade '18's were in 5th , 6th, 7th grade there was a team not considered to be elite just a local team. That team eventually got splintered, after many kids got poached and the organization folded into another.

But many of those boys who were in 5th and 6th grade were told the same as many of these posts. turns out the core of that team won the states and many of those boys are preparing for college lacrosse.

Don't get caught up on what they say the level is, in 5th/6th grade use your judgement. Just make sure they play and get coached in practice. If your son doesn't play (see the field) then leave. The only way you get better is by playing on the field. If your son is the best on the field, others will notice and you will notified if another team wants to Poach your son (and that is okay - it is your decision to stay or go).

I would say in 7th and 8th grade is where you want to try and position your son (not 5th and 6th). If you like where you are stay, if not then try to get him more exposure. but again it is playing time your son needs. What I would also say is, what is lost in many of the youth teams. Try to be on a team with potential HS teammates. The more the merrier. If you are a Defender try to get with your goalie or another defender/LSM. If attck/Middie get with someone you will play with. This servers many purposes. 1). Its better to go through all of this with a lifelong friend and 2). you will build and maintain field presence.

Good luck with your journey. it is long and at times questionable. but it is your journey (and as the saying goes, its the journey not the destination) define it as best as you can.

One thing I will say - I am so glad the recruiting rules changed. I believe in 2015 something changed and the recruiting sped up (as well as much of the shadiness).

Excellent post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has the whole Outlaws and Rebels thing affected this age group? I understand there are differences in what each program is looking to be/offering but have been hearing a lot of movement between the two at other levels. Mostly due to coaching changes. Did a lot of the Outlaw kids leave? Sons team played Outlaws last year. They were pretty solid for a second tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has the whole Outlaws and Rebels thing affected this age group? I understand there are differences in what each program is looking to be/offering but have been hearing a lot of movement between the two at other levels. Mostly due to coaching changes. Did a lot of the Outlaw kids leave? Sons team played Outlaws last year. They were pretty solid for a second tier team.

Tryouts had a mix of helmets. So dont think the Rebels team at this age will be predominantly from any particular club.
My son registered for Rebels, and he was never on Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts had a mix of helmets. So dont think the Rebels team at this age will be predominantly from any particular club.

There were a bunch of Outlaw helmets/players at their supplemental camp. Not as many at the tryout last week. A couple at S2S tryouts also. Could mean they've lost a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a bunch of Outlaw helmets/players at their supplemental camp. Not as many at the tryout last week. A couple at S2S tryouts also. Could mean they've lost a few.

Outlaws had much smaller turnout than Rebels did at each of their first couple of tryouts. They've definitely lost kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws had much smaller turnout than Rebels did at each of their first couple of tryouts. They've definitely lost kids.

Well final tryouts for Rebels is this weekend for those still looking.

So after that everyone will see during the season how both organizations teams turned out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So after that everyone will see during the season how both organizations teams turned out.

Who would even go to the Rebels?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went to rebel’s tryout. They are great with communications and answering questions. . They had about 20-25 at each but some of the kids at the tryout looked like new players(at this age group). I think they could have a good season if they re evaluate the tournaments they plan to enter. They are currently planning to enter all the A tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went to rebel’s tryout. They are great with communications and answering questions. . They had about 20-25 at each but some of the kids at the tryout looked like new players(at this age group). I think they could have a good season if they re evaluate the tournaments they plan to enter. They are currently planning to enter all the A tournaments

That would be a big mistake to enter all A tournaments. Obviously i'm basing this without seeing the team but there is no way they will compete with some of these A teams. It could be pretty disheartening to the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be a big mistake to enter all A tournaments. Obviously i'm basing this without seeing the team but there is no way they will compete with some of these A teams. It could be pretty disheartening to the kids.

I was at tryouts to. There was a mix of talent, but you really do see that at all tryouts.
Whats great is they are guaranteeing no more than 22 players. Plus they said they would be keeping the number lower than that possibly, because they want the players to be a good fit.
So they are not just looking to accept a player for the money.

Not sure where you get that they are defenitely entering A bracket only.
Tournament schedule is set, but when we asked the question on bracket they said it will depend on the level of the kids on the team.
And of course for any team brackets can change as they develop.

For me having Hagens and Schroeder coaching is such an advantage.
They were phenomenal at tryouts with the kids. You can get much better.
And they are supposed to get a 3rd coach as well.

Anyway I committed my son, and I feel it was a really good decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Mike Brennan... we get it already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Mike Brennan... we get it already.

Not sure what your issue is, but Im a parent. And I registered my son for Rebels. And that was my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at tryouts to. There was a mix of talent, but you really do see that at all tryouts.
Whats great is they are guaranteeing no more than 22 players. Plus they said they would be keeping the number lower than that possibly, because they want the players to be a good fit.

Tournament schedule is set, but when we asked the question on bracket they said it will depend on the level of the kids on the team.

Keeping the number under 22 because they want the players to be a good fit? You must drink a lot of Kool Aid. If it’s under 22, it’s because hey didn’t have enough players commit or don’t have enough talent. Congrats to your kid on finding a team but please be realistic. Next you’ll tell us they’re not money hungry and don’t “need” to fill 22 spots. Any new organization with only one team per level should be filling rosters as best possible. If losses start accruing, people stop showing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keeping the number under 22 because they want the players to be a good fit? You must drink a lot of Kool Aid. If it’s under 22, it’s because hey didn’t have enough players commit or don’t have enough talent. Congrats to your kid on finding a team but please be realistic. Next you’ll tell us they’re not money hungry and don’t “need” to fill 22 spots. Any new organization with only one team per level should be filling rosters as best possible. If losses start accruing, people stop showing up.

22 kids is an okay number, but not necessarily optimal for a lacrosse team.
18-20 is far better. The kids will get a lot more turns at practice, and play much more in tournaments.

Too many teams now are overloading there rosters just so the organization can make more money and pad the directors pockets. Many of these teams are puting 24-30 kids on a team.
They are only doing a disservice to the kids who stand around way too much at practices, and sit on the bench at tournaments instead of playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is Schroeder?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is Schroeder?

Brendan Schroeder is the assistant coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would even go to the Rebels?[/quote]

Lots[/quote]
According the other post, less than 22.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots[/quote]
According the other post, less than 22.
[/quote]

Thats the number of invites to the team.
More than that try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it’s worth, Rebels directors told people long before the tryouts that their organization had a cap at 22 players, and that ideally they’d have 21. We spoke to them in June, and they were extremely open and responsive. We ended up choosing another organization for my son, but the Rebels were very upfront with their communication.. try calling Team 91 directors, before their tryouts, and get them to commit to a “22 player max!”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what it’s worth, Rebels directors told people long before the tryouts that their organization had a cap at 22 players, and that ideally they’d have 21. We spoke to them in June, and they were extremely open and responsive. We ended up choosing another organization for my son, but the Rebels were very upfront with their communication.. try calling Team 91 directors, before their tryouts, and get them to commit to a “22 player max!”

They have 21 on their 2026 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they have 21 why are they stil have more tryouts? A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s legacy eels ? Heard they have a lite roster ? Daddy coaches or not ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Max would be 22.
Not sure of current number, but I guess prior poster may have called and asked.
They sent out email to everyone who was registered for tryouts that they can call and ask what positions are left if someone was interested in trying out.

You cant get more honest and upfront then that. No other team will let you know that info.

In my case, it was a perfect fit for my son. And I appreciate all the honesty from them.

You can continue to say me and many others are fake, but thats just not the case.
Believe what you want. We are just honestly sharing our experiences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 has 21 for this age. I didn't mean Rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look back in thread. There was a whole discussion about Legacy Eels.
There is a reason enrollment is low.
- limited tournaments last year
- seemed to avoid higher level tournaments
- did not do well in tournaments they did attend

Plus Legacy is having serious issues with their teams at all age levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes eels is 3 dads , any team with 3 dads Is not a good way to start JMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes eels is 3 dads , any team with 3 dads Is not a good way to start JMO

Couldn't agree more. Ok for PAL but not club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Checkmate Sharks for this age group? I know they used to be a club and It looks like Gordon Purdie is trying to resurrect them, but currious if they have a core group of kids already interested?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look back in thread. There was a whole discussion about Legacy Eels.
There is a reason enrollment is low.
- limited tournaments last year
- seemed to avoid higher level tournaments
- did not do well in tournaments they did attend

Plus Legacy is having serious issues with their teams at all age levels.
not all levels. Fake news.

Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard