BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame to all involved if Outlaws showed up and didnt have a game?

It is times like this that the director should call coaches of teams involved (in that grade) and see which of their players are interested for a free pickup game (regardless of team affiliation) to see if they are available to play. Start with a goalie and so on and you may be pleasently surprised at the team that gets fielded.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shamrock results for 6th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me what year my sixth grade boy would be considered? Would it be 2020 or 2021? Thanks.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please tell me what year my sixth grade boy would be considered? Would it be 2020 or 2021? Thanks.
If your child is now in sixth grade, he/she would be a Class of 2019 student. Sixth graders are generally U/12 players for your reference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year does he graduate HS ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like many of these teams are in OBYLL. How did Express v TB and Express v DD do this weekend?

....put the contact for each team next to the team and i will set up a two day tournamnet. or someone lese do it (not affiliated with 91, Dune Dawgs or express). Maybe True Blue puts themselves on the map with this one!

4 divisions

Div 1
91 Orange
Jesters
Gladiators
Revolution
Primetime
CT Chargers
Team Canada

Div 2
Dune Dawgs
91 white
Outlaws
Top Side
Green Turtles
Team Colorado
fl$

Div 3
Express Wolverines
91 crush
Outlaws
Rock
Loonies
Team LI

Div 4
True Blue
Express Terps
Buck Select
Riptide
Steps
laxachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express beat TB in a close one & then got roughed up by Dawgs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was express's second game and the DD first, not to make excuses. also Express was missing there top player. Not that it would of made a huge difference but probably would of been a little closer than 10 goals. Or whatever it was I lost count. Both teams are very good but I see the big difference is in the coaching. A current college coach vs a coach who played the games years ago. DD were able to adjust a lot quicker to different scenarios within the game. DD very good all around from offense to defense. I thought we would of been able to score more I knew their defense was good but not great since they always beat teams by 10 or more goals and there defense is never tested, but I was wrong my hat goes off to their 5 or 6 defenseman, only one D guy who was out there and got burnt for the first two goals, but then was taken off the filed and was getting constructive critisim by the coach which was good to see. The others are solid. I see both teams getting better towards the summer. Having said all that it was nice to see the two teams play good competition isnt that what everone wants win or lose. Hopefully we can get the other Long Island teams to play each oher it only makes all the kids better. Good job to the people who set it up. Hope to see more of everyone.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Reference
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said ,as an Express parent I have not seen the Dawgs play. I enjoyed watching them play even though we were on the losing end. You could definitely see the difference between a team that added 8 new players ( most have not practiced much if at all ) and a team that has been together for a few years. ( correct me if I am wrong ). I look forward to a few more games against each other. Once again well done Dawgs you took it to us on Saturday. Do you go to Tri State ? Are there any tournaments this summer we will both be at ? Would love to have Express, 91 , True Blue and the Dawgs at the same tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"well said" really? The coaches get thrown under the bus, and a 12 yr old kid gets named - outright. And you say well said? ~Good grief~

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
"well said" really? The coaches get thrown under the bus, and a 12 yr old kid gets named - outright. And you say well said? ~Good grief~
BOTC Moderators have removed the direct reference to the player based on your post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Express parent, I can confidently say that AB and his assistants are doing a tremendous job with the Orange boys: positive teaching, great instruction, fair playtime, and most importantly, fun!
Can we please stop with all the b.s about wins and loses and building a Turtles-type team for 11yr olds? Our kids are doing just fine; they win a lot and lose ocassionally but act graciously regardless of the outcome, a true testament to great coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many good teams at the 6th grade level. Any one team could beat each other. But parents get very competitive about it because they want their kid to be known he is on the best team. That being said. 91 orange and dune dawgs are probably neck and neck the best teams at 6th grade level. Then Express wolverines. Then from there im not sure. True blue 91 white fl$ smithtown travel ny all greys. Am i wrong? Team long island jesters i guess are in there too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And i forgot outlaws black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think that post was throwing the coaches under the bus, then you must of rode the little yellow one to school. It is a mere fact that at this level all the kids are good players and what seperates them is the coaching. No one said expresses coaches are bad all that was said is that the DD have a current college coach who can adjust quicker to different situations which gives them the edge. It is the same in any sport professional or amateur, some coaches are better then others but they are all good. End of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree!! The nonsense has to STOP!!!Calling out an 11 year boy by name is just wrong!!! I WOULD LIKE THANK BACK OF THE CAGE FOR TAKING THAT BOYS NAME DOWN!!! AB,BG,&RK do a great job with the EXPRESS boys!!! The problem here is not the kids, it's the parents!!! The kids see each other in school and get along just fine! What ever has happened in the past between the parents of these 2 teams needs to be done with!!!! With all this craziness going on in the world( Newtown and now what happened in Boston) shouldn't we all realize just how lucky we are!!!!!! GOD FORBID,Put yourself in those parents shoes just for 1 day , and I guarantee you will look at life in a different manner!!! AND AGAIN PLEASE STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!

PHIL POLO , HDD DIRECTOR

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I agree!! The nonsense has to STOP!!!Calling out an 11 year boy by name is just wrong!!! I WOULD LIKE THANK BACK OF THE CAGE FOR TAKING THAT BOYS NAME DOWN!!! AB,BG,&RK do a great job with the EXPRESS boys!!! The problem here is not the kids, it's the parents!!! The kids see each other in school and get along just fine! What ever has happened in the past between the parents of these 2 teams needs to be done with!!!! With all this craziness going on in the world( Newtown and now what happened in Boston) shouldn't we all realize just how lucky we are!!!!!! GOD FORBID,Put yourself in those parents shoes just for 1 day , and I guarantee you will look at life in a different manner!!! AND AGAIN PLEASE STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!

PHIL POLO , HDD DIRECTOR
Thanks for the contribution, Phil. Well played, sir.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Phil. Well said sir. Not on either of these teams but witness similar nonsense with other teams. I just cut your and pasted your post into an email to few of my friends who can benefit from it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact a boys name was mentioned was completely wrong, but to mention the coaches (as "coaches" not by name or initials) should be fair game.

The comment stated that they thought because of one team coaches current involvement in college Lacrosse you noticed who reacted to the game situation.

Many people on here want to know what separates the teams, as has been said the boys may have similar abilities and practices and coaching can be the difference in a game and from the comment that was evident in this past game to that poster.

DD may have a few extra people at their tryouts

If you think that post was throwing the coaches under the bus, then you must of rode the little yellow one to school. It is a mere fact that at this level all the kids are good players and what seperates them is the coaching. No one said expresses coaches are bad all that was said is that the DD have a current college coach who can adjust quicker to different situations which gives them the edge. It is the same in any sport professional or amateur, some coaches are better then others but they are all good. End of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
End of story?....not so fast. Putting aside your not-so-suttle inferrence that because we disagree I am mentally handi-capped, the bottom line is that the original poster (who may even be you trying to do damage control)did throw the coaches under the bus (not to mention specifically naming a boy). I would love to know if those coaches would tend to agree with me if they read that - I suspect they would. I know the original post is poorly written and a little confusing but if you follow it, it appears to have been written by someone affiliated with that Express team. Especially when he uses the word "we" in the context in which it is used. Its just one loss, hold it together and dont play the blame game. Lick your wounds and get back to work. The DD are a great team and were the better team THAT DAY - get over it and move on to the next game. Every game is another shot at redemption and thats what is great about sports. Now..End Of Story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the original post was only confusing to you, everyone who read it or commented on it completely understood it. No one can understand what team you are from, if I say it was a good game and yes I am from the express I am just commenting what the difference was between both teams. I also complimented each team and the coaches but obviously someone wins and someone loses and I see the coaches as the reason and again they are all good coaches but something has to separate them. You sound like you really don’t understand the previous posts (obviously a non athlete your whole life) but it's ok and yes there will be other games but for the last time both teams are good as well as the coaches, but the DD coach is a current college coach and therefore the DD have the advantage right now. Do you understand now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats sounds about right. After those two I'd say it's probably True Blue A, 91 White & Smithtown A. I think the ALL Grey's might be having some issues so I may not include them in that equation.
There are many good teams at the 6th grade level. Any one team could beat each other. But parents get very competitive about it because they want their kid to be known he is on the best team. That being said. 91 orange and dune dawgs are probably neck and neck the best teams at 6th grade level. Then Express wolverines. Then from there im not sure. True blue 91 white fl$ smithtown travel ny all greys. Am i wrong? Team long island jesters i guess are in there too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sure the coaches are glad to have you on their sideline watching their backs! And im sure you have already told them how you feel, of course. The original post i was referring to as confusing was the one in which a specific boy was insulted and named, so if that was you, then shame on you just for that. But if it wasnt you,then I dont understand what your problem is. In my opinion you should defend your Team, and that includes coaches (except Sandusky and Rice of course). Isnt that what teams do? Dont try to undo what is done by insulting my intelligence with a short bus remark and now my athletic prowess. Im sure you were a regular Jim Brown yourself. It doesnt matter what team I am "from", my observations have nothing to do with individual boys or teams and I know all of the talent is evening out as they get older. As a matter of fact, I was defending you guys so get your head out of your butt. Dont you realize that the kids read this? If you are totally ok with players reading that some parents from their team posted about how the team was out-coached - Ok then, I stand corrected, I am really out of touch with the world of select lacrosse. Man I'm glad I am not riding home in the car with you after a loss, everyone must be fair game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was someone's son that you are talking about and it is such a disgrace that it is has come down to this. Whoever posted the remark about that specific boy should apologize. Kids do read these posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has 91 white played any of these top teams yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares about whether 91 white played these top teams or not. its about specifically bashing and naming a boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 white didnt name any boy. Why are we being mentioned in a topic we have nothing do with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there are two topics being blended.

I think everyone can agree the naming of a boy was very wrong.

But then they were saying who was tops of 2019. How the original post started. 91 White I think they were complimenting you saying you are a top 2019 team and therefore have you played any of the other teams mentioned that is all.

91 white didnt name any boy. Why are we being mentioned in a topic we have nothing do with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok understand. Thanks for clarification. And no we have not played express A 91 orange or dune dawgs. We have played fl$ and riptide and won both if u said we have not played anyone. And entered the shamrock shootout in A bracket and went 2-1. Would like to see how we would do against top teams like express A true blue A and dune dawgs. I like challenges. Makes the kids better. Its not all about the wins. Its about your kid getting great coaching and meeting and befriending kids from other towns. Remember these kids are only 11and 12. Some of these kids might not play in high school because they are burnt out from crazy parents who are living through their kids. I see this too much. Its a shame a parent named a kid on here. U should be ashamed. Probably never saw an athletic field in his or her life. I find through my town and travel those are the parents with the biggest mouths.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't complimenting them on beating fl$ and Riptide , was just wondering if they played the Express A or DD or TB yet. I've seen some promoting of them on his site and was curious who they have played.and yes I do agree that it is more about getting better and meeting new friends .someone just got defensive with the reply .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I saw that. I was new to this site 2 months ago and I see it is a bashing site of whose team is better then the next. And I see u have an attitude about your first comment on wasn't complimenting them beating fl$ or riptide. Pretty funny. Sarcastic I guess. And I'm not saying we would beat those teams but would give them a great game. And lastly never saw promoting of them on this site. But they are a very good team with dedicated coaches who care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way too many haters getting involved thru their kids in this great sport. Part of its greatness has always been the mutual respect of competitive, hard playing dudes.
How about teaching and promoting some humility when achieving success? And maybe aknowldging that an opponent actually deserved to beat you on a given day.
You are creating self promoting, arrogant kids and teams with the hating and look how great we are nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The following is a quote off of another forum, it was written by the father of a Senior Boy at Smithtown West. His son was just informed that his last HS season will have to end due to injury. I have watched him play many times and i know he has worked extremely hard to become the great player that he is. Best of luck to him in the future.

Maybe we can learn from his dad who apparently just gained some perspective.

* "I am a new man... I learned a very important lesson, sit, watch , and enjoy... it doesn't last forever".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true they will grow up and be gone real soon and wins and losses wont mean a thing. What will matter is down the road when they look back will they have fond memories of the game that we all love. Cheers to all the boys no matter what the color of the jersey.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replayed from the Boys 2017 Thread - now in the appropriate age grouping

2019 has some great talent, two awesome goalies... however they got beat bad by fl$...Just wonder why Express didn't have another try-out this spring to recruit some MORE talent.....Also, looks like no "C" team.not enough kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Wolverines have 2 great goalies, but Terps does too?

I am sure another tryout wasn't had because of how it worked-out last year. If they need players I am sure they have a few numbers they could call if they needed.

Originally Posted by CageSage

2019 has some great talent, two awesome goalies... however they got beat bad by fl$...Just wonder why Express didn't have another try-out this spring to recruit some MORE talent.....Also, looks like no "C" team.not enough kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 Wolverines got beat by the 2018 fl$ team then played the 2019 fl$ team an hour later and beat them 9 - 1. I think the original post was a bit confused since they were on a 2017 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps are not strong. There goalie is decent but he has not supporting cast around him.
I know Wolverines have 2 great goalies, but Terps does too?

I am sure another tryout wasn't had because of how it worked-out last year. If they need players I am sure they have a few numbers they could call if they needed.

Originally Posted by CageSage

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard