BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny post on the Sabre Lacrosse Board about the Death of Balwmore Lacrosse. Specifically references the Crabs/MIAA/Hopkins style of lacrosse... The shot clock will kill this deliberate pace of play O. Bang to X, rotate ball up top and alley dodge. Not sure the D1 coaches want to give up control.... Even if its better for the gate and the TV ratings...translation more $$$

Looks like we have a 60 sec shot clock after 20 seconds to clear. Assuming we will have 60 sec after a faceoff? This will change things in the A Conference if they stay with NCAA rules.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best hawks 2022 player went to Landon

Say what? "BEST"?

Who?

Best Hawks 2022 are going to Spalding. Best 4 defenders/LSMs, Best Faceoff guy, Best 2 middies, 2 top attack. Kids going to ST Johns and Landon are very talented BUT they are the supporting cast of the Spalding players. To say otherwise is comical

Correct,,,New Sheriff in town boys!

These kids are in for a rude reality. Gonna be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Hawks 2022 are going to Spalding. Best 4 defenders/LSMs, Best Faceoff guy, Best 2 middies, 2 top attack. Kids going to ST Johns and Landon are very talented BUT they are the supporting cast of the Spalding players. To say otherwise is comical

Correct,,,New Sheriff in town boys! [/quote]

Laughable to think that any of those Hawks kids are going to step on an MIAA field and dominate as freshman. Or even make much of a difference for that matter. Spalding will always be middle of the pack at best.[/quote]

Freshman may start but are almost never stars as freshman in the A Conference. Delusional to think otherwise. In all fairness to Spalding, if their freshmen and sophomore class develop and they keep recruiting talent this will be the first time in School history they have a critical mass of talent to compete for the semis. This assumes this unproven staff (no experience winning consistently in the A Conference) can "coach them up" and get them to the point where they can compete at the highest level. I wish them only the best (it would be great to have another great program in the Conference) but I would strongly suggest not bragging about what are clearly aspirational goals.
[/quote]
Most of the players are going to Spalding but not all the best at all the positions. Best close D to SJC, best FOGO SJC, best O Middie Spalding, best SSDM Spalding, best LSM MCD, best attackman Spalding. Probably best overall player at his position is their goalie and he doesn’t go to HS until next year. The surprising thing is STM didn’t get any of their top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Looneys folded another team? First the 2017s and 2018s and now the 2022s. Not sure why anyone continues to play for this club when they continually hang kids out to dry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks
So Looneys folded another team? First the 2017s and 2018s and now the 2022s. Not sure why anyone continues to play for this club when they continually hang kids out to dry.

Only 3 Looneys helmets at Koopers tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughable to think that any of those Hawks kids are going to step on an MIAA field and dominate as freshman. Or even make much of a difference for that matter. Spalding will always be middle of the pack at best.[/quote]

Freshman may start but are almost never stars as freshman in the A Conference. Delusional to think otherwise. In all fairness to Spalding, if their freshmen and sophomore class develop and they keep recruiting talent this will be the first time in School history they have a critical mass of talent to compete for the semis. This assumes this unproven staff (no experience winning consistently in the A Conference) can "coach them up" and get them to the point where they can compete at the highest level. I wish them only the best (it would be great to have another great program in the Conference) but I would strongly suggest not bragging about what are clearly aspirational goals.
[/quote]
Most of the players are going to Spalding but not all the best at all the positions. Best close D to SJC, best FOGO SJC, best O Middie Spalding, best SSDM Spalding, best LSM MCD, best attackman Spalding. Probably best overall player at his position is their goalie and he doesn’t go to HS until next year. The surprising thing is STM didn’t get any of their top players.[/quote]

No, the best FOGO is at Spalding. The SJC one wasn't ready when the brights lights came on. The Spalding one WON that game for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Most of the players are going to Spalding but not all the best at all the positions. Best close D to SJC, best FOGO SJC, best O Middie Spalding, best SSDM Spalding, best LSM MCD, best attackman Spalding. Probably best overall player at his position is their goalie and he doesn’t go to HS until next year. The surprising thing is STM didn’t get any of their top players.[/quote]

Not surprising with all the KOOL AID drinking going on. STM, Severn and other schools didn't have back rubbing and outside recruiters for their school making deals. Those schools along with Severna Park and the rest of the MIAA have Tradition and Standards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Don't most of these players got to MIAA schools? Does it matter id they play club for Koopers,Looneys,Green turtle,Crabs,91md?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Don't most of these players got to MIAA schools? Does it matter id they play club for Koopers,Looneys,Green turtle,Crabs,91md?

If the kid is good enough, it doesn’t matter where they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

A lot of looneys kids never wore orange helmets. Their best player went to crabs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughable to think that any of those Hawks kids are going to step on an MIAA field and dominate as freshman. Or even make much of a difference for that matter. Spalding will always be middle of the pack at best.

Most of the players are going to Spalding but not all the best at all the positions. Best close D to SJC, best FOGO SJC, best O Middie Spalding, best SSDM Spalding, best LSM MCD, best attackman Spalding. Probably best overall player at his position is their goalie and he doesn’t go to HS until next year. The surprising thing is STM didn’t get any of their top players

Not surprising with all the KOOL AID drinking going on. STM, Severn and other schools didn't have back rubbing and outside recruiters for their school making deals. Those schools along with Severna Park and the rest of the MIAA have Tradition and Standards.

Keep dreaming. There will be a new hierarchy soon . 2-3 years new MIAA title holder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw a picture of the 2022 hawks players receiving their high school helmets...very touching and they are no doubt great players but does that mean they don't have to actually go through tryouts like everyone else?....total bs if you ask me and only fuels the fire of the kids and their parents that they have some kind of special status...great job by the schools and the parents on this...you all should be very proud

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw a picture of the 2022 hawks players receiving their high school helmets...very touching and they are no doubt great players but does that mean they don't have to actually go through tryouts like everyone else?....total bs if you ask me and only fuels the fire of the kids and their parents that they have some kind of special status...great job by the schools and the parents on this...you all should be very proud

I 100% agree on this. Total bs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it any different than being recruited by and committing to a college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening the MD91 team? Is MM still going to coach the team?
Gd

Mass exodus of the 22's and 23's; MM is a cancer. 23's going to Koopers, MM son and a few others are coming down to 23 for the Spring and I can tell you know one on the 23 Team is happy about that!

What is worse, getting MM and his son or two season and literally no wins.

The correct answer is getting MM and his son would be much worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV this year easy... Next year playoffs MIAA Varsity... Following year MIAA Champions .. [/quote]

Clearly you've never coached or even played on an A Conference championship team at the Varsity level. If you had you wouldn't be pontificating...in other words its really tough to take a perennial cellar dweller and win a championship much less make the semis.
[/quote]

Clearly you have no idea the talent the will be there shortly[/quote]

Hawks 2022 reign of dominance was not due to unbelievable talent. It was due to unbelievable size in middle school. In High School that all goes away. Plenty of other talented players have caught up with their size and as freshman in High School, if the Hawks players play varsity sports, they will finally be forced to play on-age lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks had a good spring and won Hoco league only lost was against Madlax. Summer Hawks lost 3 of 4 tournaments and only making the finals once. Their so called middle school domination is over teams have caught up to them. The holdback game works in middle school no so much in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening the MD91 team? Is MM still going to coach the team?
Gd

Mass exodus of the 22's and 23's; MM is a cancer. 23's going to Koopers, MM son and a few others are coming down to 23 for the Spring and I can tell you know one on the 23 Team is happy about that!

What is worse, getting MM and his son or two season and literally no wins.

The correct answer is getting MM and his son would be much worse.

Get ready for both: no wins in HoCo again and MM/son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will still need a helmet even if they play on JV or Fresh-Soph. There is a spot on some team at the schools no matter how bad you may be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughable to think that any of those Hawks kids are going to step on an MIAA field and dominate as freshman. Or even make much of a difference for that matter. Spalding will always be middle of the pack at best.

Most of the players are going to Spalding but not all the best at all the positions. Best close D to SJC, best FOGO SJC, best O Middie Spalding, best SSDM Spalding, best LSM MCD, best attackman Spalding. Probably best overall player at his position is their goalie and he doesn’t go to HS until next year. The surprising thing is STM didn’t get any of their top players

Keep dreaming. There will be a new hierarchy soon . 2-3 years new MIAA title holder.

I think Spalding needs to worry more about the newer and nicer high school being built across the street. People already looking elsewhere to avoid congestion and competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will still need a helmet even if they play on JV or Fresh-Soph. There is a spot on some team at the schools no matter how bad you may be.

Not sure why you call bs on this. Of course they all have to try out for school and club teams. When you are a freshman you have to have a helmet just like everyone else. What special status are you referring to? Sounds like to me it is a great way to send the boys off into high school and say good bye to middle school. I heard that 5-6 kids are not even playing Hawks next year and they still got a helmet. A helmet that every high school coach had to have agreed to give. Are you just bitter because your kid has not received his helmet yet? Or that your kid has to compete against these players for the next 4 years. I agree with the statements of the parents and the KOOL AID but to suggest these players don't work hard for any and all success is absurd. Not a Hawks parent but know a lot of these players and to always see the bashing of that team is just jealousy and bitterness. Every team in the Elite division had holdbacks and it will only get worse in high school , not get better. There is no playing on age in High School. My son very much looks forward to competing with and against them for years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks had a good spring and won Hoco league only lost was against Madlax. Summer Hawks lost 3 of 4 tournaments and only making the finals once. Their so called middle school domination is over teams have caught up to them. The holdback game works in middle school no so much in high school.

Who ever said they had dominance in middle school. They had a great year last year but lost games and tournaments every year of middle school..You do know that the holdback game was invented in High School and is very strong in High School. You do know that every Elite team from 2023 to 2019 have holdbacks. There is no 'on age' in high school. Ive watched a lot of lacrosse from this age group and the hawks were always one of the smallest teams on the field. The playing field has been even for years if you choose to have your kid play in that division .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look more Hawks haters. Don't worry your son will get his helmet and it will look exactly the same. stunads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest. Unreal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV this year easy... Next year playoffs MIAA Varsity... Following year MIAA Champions ..

Clearly you've never coached or even played on an A Conference championship team at the Varsity level. If you had you wouldn't be pontificating...in other words its really tough to take a perennial cellar dweller and win a championship much less make the semis.
[/quote]

Clearly you have no idea the talent the will be there shortly[/quote]

Hawks 2022 reign of dominance was not due to unbelievable talent. It was due to unbelievable size in middle school. In High School that all goes away. Plenty of other talented players have caught up with their size and as freshman in High School, if the Hawks players play varsity sports, they will finally be forced to play on-age lacrosse.[/quote]

Size? Did you even see the team play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is completely delusional to think a group of 2022 players is going to rescue Spalding from the cellar of the MIAA. It’s not like the talent level at the other MIAA schools is suddenly drying up. An overbearing club coach that didn’t get his needs met by the traditional power school took his marbles (player) and went to Spalding. I feel for the administration and current coaches at Spalding. Going to be fun to watch this dumpster fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is completely delusional to think a group of 2022 players is going to rescue Spalding from the cellar of the MIAA. It’s not like the talent level at the other MIAA schools is suddenly drying up. An overbearing club coach that didn’t get his needs met by the traditional power school took his marbles (player) and went to Spalding. I feel for the administration and current coaches at Spalding. Going to be fun to watch this dumpster fire.

Exactly. Spalding lost to John Carroll this year. Long way to go before they are competing with CHC, BL, McD and Loyola.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All those other MIAA teams will need to go to a burn unit after getting torched by Spalding in the next few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

This is the norm with any of the top 6 swapping spots- making the playoffs in MIAA is ridiculously hard let alone a winning record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

This is the norm with any of the top 6 swapping spots- making the playoffs in MIAA is ridiculously hard let alone a winning record.

Is this an opinion or a statistical analysis and if so for how many years?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding should try and win it’s games vs public schools first before winning a playoff game in the MiAA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

Well those 6 teams are the only teams to ever win an MIAA championship. Seems to be a pretty good statistical analysis.

Start with trying to beat Severna Park and John Carroll. Then maybe you can set your sights a little higher.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

not hard to find out.. however looking over the past 20 years this how the MIAA results end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

I would agree completely as the top 4-5 schools swap places year after year with St. Marys breaking in every few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who ever said they had dominance in middle school. They had a great year last year but lost games and tournaments every year of middle school..You do know that the holdback game was invented in High School and is very strong in High School. You do know that every Elite team from 2023 to 2019 have holdbacks. There is no 'on age' in high school. Ive watched a lot of lacrosse from this age group and the hawks were always one of the smallest teams on the field. The playing field has been even for years if you choose to have your kid play in that division .

some bitter folks out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

St Joe should be in B division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall
Boys Latin
Mcdonogh
St Pauls
Loyola
St Marys
Severn
Spalding
St Joes
Carroll

St Joe should be in B division

Whelp... The current Spalding coach is 2-2 lifetime against MSJ... so there's that. (Same coach who is now going to lead the 13 year old superstars into the promised land.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] Whelp... The current Spalding coach is 2-2 lifetime against MSJ... so there's that. (Same coach who is now going to lead the 13 year old superstars into the promised land.)[/quote]

Climbing a hill (Hoco) in your back yard is different than scaling Everest (A Conference). Walk before you can run....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is completely comical the same low life trolls on here for the past few years. Api, Hawks daddies and coaches. Hawks haters still looming with bitterness and envy. API folks happy or maybe not that they will be drinking the same KOOL AID as Hawks parents. Curious to see how the banter will continue once they become one big family. Im sure the soap opera will unfold right here on this forum as it seems to be the only topic. Certainly wish the players success but it will be twice has hard with the egos involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Spalding win the JV league last year?

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard