BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, they used the group E-mail they used for the outlaws select team last season,haha

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express are out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels send out emails yet?

My son got the invite 5 minutes after tryouts just like 18 other kids. The tryiut was just a formality. This people is the problem with youth lacrosse. Teams are organized before tryouts even begin and they charge a 100 for tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who are A and B teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t bother asking. We went through this last year and people were convinced Their team was B, etc. And it just ended up being more confusing. So just contact them and ask. It takes just as much time to text or email as it does to ask on here. And get out all questions. roster size, what’s extra, etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son got the invite 5 minutes after tryouts just like 18 other kids. The tryiut was just a formality. This people is the problem with youth lacrosse. Teams are organized before tryouts even begin and they charge a 100 for tryout.

They make calls for anyone that didn't make the team. Got one today, very nice touch. At least paying the money an org can give an honest evaluation over the phone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A and B Express!
How many teams this year !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan
CoachMor
Pomps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan
CoachMor
Pomps

O'Reilly not coaching 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan
CoachMor
Pomps

The rosters will likely be above average.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They make calls for anyone that didn't make the team. Got one today, very nice touch. At least paying the money an org can give an honest evaluation over the phone.

Exactly. And its not 5 mins after tryouts. Because they dont have 18 people calling. So it takes quite a while to make 19 calls.

And its not organized ahead. My kid was not known by Rebels and got an early offer once they saw him at a tryout. They are making offers early if they see standout kids or kids who are a good fit. Which is what they stated.

I question whether your even a parent with a kid who got an offer.
Sounds more like your someone trying to bad mouth the organization and has no clue.

Either way, you should not accept. Noone wants a parent like you coming in with such negative views.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan/Lynott 35 players im sure parents will never learn
Coach CoachMor KHS HC and Demeo Chaminade O Coordinator/Goalie coach
Pomps Chaminade Jv HC 36 years coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see many posts going back and forth about Marksberry and United. Sadly, they are very true. He misleads parents all the time and has a bunch of drinking buddies on the team who support him endlessly. The saddest part is that he does not hesitate to take it out on your kids playing time if you confront him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet Chan is the money hungry bad guy??? At least I know what he’s about! If it’s true the team was picked “pre tryout”, that’s pretty scummy! Tell people we have a “few/couple” spots and are only trying out for these positions, team is set! Don’t take peoples money, and get kids excited for hr chance to make a team! So honest and transparent but then be that all the way! IMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not coach CoachMor it’s his son . Probably pomp’s then CoachMor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not his son, Different CoachMor, he really coached the 2022 Schwalje team this past season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan
CoachMor
Pomps

O'Reilly not coaching 2022?

He is not listed on website. Too bad, good coach.

Sounds like a great line up of Express coaches for 2022. Let us hope it does not go sideways!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet Chan is the money hungry bad guy??? At least I know what he’s about! If it’s true the team was picked “pre tryout”, that’s pretty scummy! Tell people we have a “few/couple” spots and are only trying out for these positions, team is set! Don’t take peoples money, and get kids excited for hr chance to make a team! So honest and transparent but then be that all the way! IMO

Its not true.
That person is clearly just trying to disparage the club.
Do you really think they personally know 18 others who got offers for the team and knew what time all of them got called?
They are not even smart enough when making up stories to think out whats feasible before writing it.

Rebels has been very straightforward. And people on other teams feel threataned by the fact that they are changing the way parents, directors, and coaches interact. And they see players gravitating to this new organization.

And there is still one more tryout, and I know they have not filled all slots because they want to see what talent is at that tryout.

If you ask they are very willing to tell you anything you specifically want to know.

Every person at tryouts has had equal chances to make Rebels. In the end the best kids are selected. And they evaluate all the kids, and parents get a call to be advised of their childs evaluation whether they made it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t we hear all this about express last season? Great coaches. Above average talent. When are people going to learn their lessons. Besides the top team,which will carry 35 players, there is no effort put into the other teams. I witnessed express second team last year play one of the lower AA teams on LI. That didn’t cross midfield until the end of the game. Another question, how many kids from the other express teams went to showcases? Answer is 0. They only care about AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t bother asking. We went through this last year and people were convinced Their team was B, etc. And it just ended up being more confusing. So just contact them and ask. It takes just as much time to text or email as it does to ask on here. And get out all questions. roster size, what’s extra, etc.

You must be the same guy who said 100% OReilly was coaching.

Your above statement makes no sense. Its confusing only because Express makes it confusing. I can only conclude Chan does this on purpose. No idea why....

With that said, you should call and ask questions. He will answer your questions and he will be direct.

Be aware though, you may not get accurate info. Maybe accurate now but it can/likely will change.

Price is lower! Bonus! Getting less but who cares, these kids play too much lax as it is. Especially entering HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schwalje was the better of the two coaches, but when the spring came, he was no where to be found. Chuck’s team was a disaster with OReilly’s team doing the best out of the three. My money is on the Pomps/Gres Team forn the better coaching. Any kid going to Chaminade would benefit from this duo. Stop with the AA, A and B. There have been plenty of B teams beat the so-called A teams. Enjoy the coaching Pomps/Gres boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t we hear all this about express last season? Great coaches. Above average talent. When are people going to learn their lessons. Besides the top team,which will carry 35 players, there is no effort put into the other teams. I witnessed express second team last year play one of the lower AA teams on LI. That didn’t cross midfield until the end of the game. Another question, how many kids from the other express teams went to showcases? Answer is 0. They only care about AA team.

Ask about roster size. Or don’t complain on here in the future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Nice touch! Good to get the feedback, even if true that the teams were already picked! I wish teams that he made said what he needs to work and improve on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some coaches lie about roster size during tryouts and beginning of the season. Those coaches quickly develop that reputation. If a coach has that reputation, don't ignore it because they don't change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is it good About Rebels communication . Is that what they are hanging their hat on? Really? Blatant money grab . Teams were already picked . Majority are all the outlaws players. Pretty obvious when they start sending out second chance outlaw tryout flyers, because the whole team lest outlaws to go to the rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A hundred bucks for a phone call! That's what I call making money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So on top of all of your postings trashing Marksberry you now feel it's necessary to trash and name call the parents/players that have decided to join United? If you have such a huge problem with Marksberry (it's obvious you do) than why don't you say it to his face instead of hiding behind a keyboard as an anonymous person? In addition to that why do you care at all since it's very clear you don't like the guy. Did he steal some players from your team or cut someone you know? I was at that game against Smash, United played them tough and were actually winning up until almost half time. Approximately 18-19 minutes into the game. Check the video. I have. Yes they were stomped this past year by some AA teams, but truth be told it had very little to do with Marksberry. Much of it was due to simple mistakes by the team in general (passing, catching, positioning, etc). Their main problem was consistency. They played some games at a level which would compete with ANY AA team and then there were games where many mistakes were made and they were beaten. I doubt you were there watching them throughout this past season, yet you believe you are an authority on the team. I don't know a lot about JM, but I watched him throughout the season challenge the boys, build up their confidence and have outstanding practices. Yes he made mistakes and could have done some things differently. No doubt. He's no different than most of the coaches out there on top clubs. They all have egos to some degree. Having a healthy ego is a necessity if you want to coach a successful team. Im not saying he is some amazing coach (he isn't), but to say he is a poor coach and doesn't know what he is doing is WAY off. Oh and by the way, I never heard him say other teams were scared of United. What he did say to the boys is that many of the other top clubs do not feel United is good enough to even be on the same field as them. He stressed to them that they were excellent players and can play with any team out there. Any good coach would do the same. We all know many of the top teams as well as some of their parents have a very pretentious attitude. I find this to be hilarious especially coming from the parents who don't even play. To those parents, it's just lax folks. Settle down. You're no better than anyone else. People can be ridiculous.
So with all due respect keep your anger toward JM out of your opinion because it's blatantly obvious your issue with him is a personal one. As I said before why don't you speak with him in person and get it off your chest because it's weighing heavy on you. Otherwise you should move on. Your hate posts are getting tiring.

Wow - You say you "don't know a lot about JM", but you refer to the game video you still have when his team played Smash, you then give a detailed analysis about him and his United team's consistency, passing etc. then go on to defend Marksberry and say his United team could complete with ANY AA (capitalizing will not make it true) teams.

Your are either a stalker or Dingleberry himself, most likely the latter. Your not even smart enough to get your story straight.

After losing to pretty much all AA teams in Long Island, losing to two school teams, getting beat pretty bad in the NLF B bracket and not winning a single tournament, you still say your United team could complete with "ANY AA" team and continue to give excuses? Still talk about that game against Smash where United lost 12-3 but you argue how you were in the game! What a joke.

Erase the video, stop drinking with the parents, and enter your United team in the B bracket so you can start to win and give some confidence to those poor boys whose parents blindly follow you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rebels have some PR group on these threads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So on top of all of your postings trashing Marksberry you now feel it's necessary to trash and name call the parents/players that have decided to join United? If you have such a huge problem with Marksberry (it's obvious you do) than why don't you say it to his face instead of hiding behind a keyboard as an anonymous person? In addition to that why do you care at all since it's very clear you don't like the guy. Did he steal some players from your team or cut someone you know? I was at that game against Smash, United played them tough and were actually winning up until almost half time. Approximately 18-19 minutes into the game. Check the video. I have. Yes they were stomped this past year by some AA teams, but truth be told it had very little to do with Marksberry. Much of it was due to simple mistakes by the team in general (passing, catching, positioning, etc). Their main problem was consistency. They played some games at a level which would compete with ANY AA team and then there were games where many mistakes were made and they were beaten. I doubt you were there watching them throughout this past season, yet you believe you are an authority on the team. I don't know a lot about JM, but I watched him throughout the season challenge the boys, build up their confidence and have outstanding practices. Yes he made mistakes and could have done some things differently. No doubt. He's no different than most of the coaches out there on top clubs. They all have egos to some degree. Having a healthy ego is a necessity if you want to coach a successful team. Im not saying he is some amazing coach (he isn't), but to say he is a poor coach and doesn't know what he is doing is WAY off. Oh and by the way, I never heard him say other teams were scared of United. What he did say to the boys is that many of the other top clubs do not feel United is good enough to even be on the same field as them. He stressed to them that they were excellent players and can play with any team out there. Any good coach would do the same. We all know many of the top teams as well as some of their parents have a very pretentious attitude. I find this to be hilarious especially coming from the parents who don't even play. To those parents, it's just lax folks. Settle down. You're no better than anyone else. People can be ridiculous.
So with all due respect keep your anger toward JM out of your opinion because it's blatantly obvious your issue with him is a personal one. As I said before why don't you speak with him in person and get it off your chest because it's weighing heavy on you. Otherwise you should move on. Your hate posts are getting tiring.

Wow - You say you "don't know a lot about JM", but you refer to the game video you still have when his team played Smash, you then give a detailed analysis about him and his United team's consistency, passing etc. then go on to defend Marksberry and say his United team could complete with ANY AA (capitalizing will not make it true) teams.

Your are either a stalker or Dingleberry himself, most likely the latter. Your not even smart enough to get your story straight.

After losing to pretty much all AA teams in Long Island, losing to two school teams, getting beat pretty bad in the NLF B bracket and not winning a single tournament, you still say your United team could complete with "ANY AA" team and continue to give excuses? Still talk about that game against Smash where United lost 12-3 but you argue how you were in the game! What a joke.

Erase the video, stop drinking with the parents, and enter your United team in the B bracket so you can start to win and give some confidence to those poor boys whose parents blindly follow you!

My biggest problem with JM is that he preaches "family" and the kids buy in only to be cute following year. Who cuts family????? "FAMILY ON 3"!! What a farce

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is it good About Rebels communication . Is that what they are hanging their hat on? Really? Blatant money grab . Teams were already picked . Majority are all the outlaws players. Pretty obvious when they start sending out second chance outlaw tryout flyers, because the whole team lest outlaws to go to the rebels.

Repeating the same statement, does not make it a reality.
Those of us who went through the tryouts and made it know the team was not prepicked.
Clearly you are upset that people have left your team and preferred another.
The only thung thats obvious is your frantic need to manufacture reaaobsin your mind that your team is having difficulties mantaining players.
Instead look at what you may be doing wrong and fix it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some coaches lie about roster size during tryouts and beginning of the season. Those coaches quickly develop that reputation. If a coach has that reputation, don't ignore it because they don't change.

This is all about playing time. If you join a roster of more than 24 expect limited to no playing time. A couple of man ups or man downs and that’s it for bottom lines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A hundred bucks for a phone call! That's what I call making money!

Does your kid play lacrosse? Do you not go to tryouts? Do you not pay a fee for the tryouts you go to?
Thats just a notIntelligent statement.
All clubs charge for tryouts. At least Rebels actually follows up after tryouts with every parent with an evaluation. Pretty awesome if you ask me. And they are willing to talk and answer all our questions before, during, and after tryouts.
Getting nothing from a lot of other clubs but a posted roster, coaches who avoid parents questions, and clubs that feel we should be grateful our kid is on their team.
Its about time that a team was finally developed that listens to what parents want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rebels have some PR group on these threads

There is no need for Rebels to hire a PR group.

You are their PR group with your postings everywhere.
The more you post, the more people feel Rebels is the place to be.

After all according to you they seem to be able to entice entire teams to come to them.

You cant buy better publicity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My biggest problem with JM is that he preaches "family" and the kids buy in only to be cute following year. Who cuts family????? "FAMILY ON 3"!! What a farce

I agree that he is full of it. At the parents meeting after the tryout he specifically said each person would get a phone call with an analysis of what your kids strength and weaknesses were. I know I did NOT get that call, nor did anyone else I know. He definitely tells you what you want to hear. I don't know anything about his coaching or why ex parents hate him but his immediate lack of contact says i'm glad we aren't on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When and if thus rebel team starts up we will see how many outlaw players there are on the team. I’m going to say about 75 to 80 percent. Did they communicate that with the parents they called? Teams like the hitmen and igloo are very transparent , they do things the right way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son got the call 5 minutes before the Rebels were formed. The coaches from the outlaws went over the roster at the bar before they decided to leave the outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Price for express is not lower . Express went up , 91 went up a lot more though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes United was beating Smash 3-2 on a couple of notIntelligent mistakes. Smash then settled in and held United WITHOUT A SHOT FOR THE LAST 25 MINUTES. WATCH THE FILM.
Final was 12-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you please refresh our memories regarding the "few" tournaments both united and smasg were at the united won.
Maybe it was the Fantasyfest

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard