Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:48 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:22 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:04 AM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Re: Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Powderfinger #270439 08/10/18 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would play for YJ anytime before playing for BS and SS

unless you want to go to hofstra

Who won the Tewaaraton Award this year? That's right, a TG alum.

Correct, and she refused to go to Hofstra, wonder why? If your kid is a future tewaarton winner she can play for the beach bums and it wouldn't matter. By the way NONE of the college coaches watching know or care who wins the game

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #270445 08/10/18 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is posting this nonsense about YJ attracting new talent at their upcoming tryouts must have their head buried in the sand. Have you not watched this team struggle year after year. The smart girls left and never looked back, I would not be surprised if a few more of the better girls leave this year. Last year when 91 girls infused into the program, only one (goalie) made a difference. The others either ride pine on Thorn, or get frustrated on Wright, a team that has take a serious downturn this year, losing most games to any team with talent. Now, we know some families have to stay withYJ either because they live In Northport, are the coaches kid, or have siblings in the program (this is over half the team). As far as the Hofstra comment, many girls actually want to go there. I even have friends that play for YJ whose daughters are committed there. The older YJ teams do have an impressive list of commits, but they are also better teams than YJ 23. TG also has plenty of girls who are going to very impressive schools. The top girls on YJ, TG, and Igloo will have their choice of school providing they keep their grades up. Bottom line is that right now TG is a more solid team than YJ. The coaches BS and S Apuzzo are fair and knowledgeable and never yell at the girls. Lots of favoritism and negativity on Thorn. Do either of these teams have room for more girls is another question. As for YJ, it would be very tough to displace a starter on that team, too many favors. On TG, BS would absolutely take a stud player and start her. He also would cut the bottom of the roster without a thought. I would rather have my daughter on a team where you need to earn your spot fairly. It’s never a good thing when coaches get too close with parents. TG has earned the top team on Long Island for a reason. And we’re proud to be a part of it.

Hofstra? Common there's not a kid with any other options who would play for her, several transferred out early and many others couldn't wait to graduate and get out of there, not to mention the best team she ever had there was the one she inherited, all her recruits have come up way short. can't judge talent or can't recruit it, either way nobody there is having fun

So then don’t go there if you think it’s so bad, nobody’s forcing you. My daughter plays for TG and will not be going to Hofstra. Is that the best reason you have not to play for TG? Plenty of YJs go to Hofstra because they want to, does that make them desperate players in your expert opinion? Your obsession with SS and Hofstra is creepy.

Powderfinger #270453 08/10/18 10:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you realize how incredibly pathetic you sound? This actually made me laugh out loud. It's a rarity for me to respond to this crap but YOU! LMAO and to think you're a parent. Jesus.

Powderfinger #270459 08/10/18 11:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That has nothing at all to do with ss and bs that has everything to do with that girl. That's it.

Anonymous #270472 08/11/18 08:57 AM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P

Do you realize how incredibly pathetic you sound? This actually made me laugh out loud. It's a rarity for me to respond to this crap but YOU! LMAO and to think you're a parent. Jesus.

Yes, because "unless you want to go to Hofstra" isn't straight from the playground.

Sponsored Links
Powderfinger #270492 08/11/18 02:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, because "unless you want to go to Hofstra" isn't straight from the playground.

Your response was especially juvenile that’s why I chose to respond to you. Your response was the one that made me laugh.

Anonymous #270496 08/11/18 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That has nothing at all to do with ss and bs that has everything to do with that girl. That's it.

If it had nothing to with them then why would she personally thank both SS and BS in her acceptance speech?

Anonymous #270508 08/11/18 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it had nothing to with them then why would she personally thank both SS and BS in her acceptance speech?

You can’t argue with these nasty YJ parents. They’re trying to grasp at any straw they can instead of just acknowledging that YJ is weak in the 2023 age group and can’t beat TG or Igloo. I could care less about who does or does not go to Hofstra or who won the Teewaraton (although it is pretty cool that both are connected to TG). Personal attacks on SS are rediculus, but since she is a director I guess it comes with the territory, after all , look what they say about CR.I’ve been with the club for 4 years and have only experienced positive with the coaches and directors. Bill Smith is passionate about lacrosse and puts his heart into this club. I would like to see the LI clubs get along a little better, I think many of us just get dragged into these silly debates, when in fact, many of our girls will playing in HS and college together. We will look back at all this bickering as a huge waste of time!

Anonymous #270630 08/12/18 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Anonymous #270653 08/12/18 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Did TG Black play Thorn this summer?
TG split with Igloo....Igloo won the full right and TG won the shortened game
Igloo got Thorn a couple times but the final was a great game that could have gone either way

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #270662 08/13/18 05:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo got Thorn a couple times but the final was a great game that could have gone either way

Yes Igloo beats Thorn EVERY time, you might want to believe those games go either way, but when you have never beaten a team after playing them for three years, it does not go “either way”.

Anonymous #270694 08/13/18 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Yes Igloo beats Thorn EVERY time, you might want to believe those games go either way, but when you have never beaten a team after playing them for three years, it does not go “either way”.

Igloo clearly better than Thorn. YJ parents struggle with this the only age group on the Island where they aren't the top team.

Anonymous #270698 08/13/18 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And yet you begin your shpeal with You can’t argue with these “nasty” YJ parents and then say all get along. We...the parents of 2023 Thorne are NOT “nasty” at all. In fact...those that have come into the team as well as those who have left have all enjoyed the parents on this team. I acknowledged that the Igloo parents were graat too in Delaware. Most on TG decent as well. Just a few wingnuts....perhaps on each team that make this whole thing cancerous. Enjoy the battle. You have the title...for now!

Great game? Igloo made less mistakes than YJ that sums it up not great lacrosse.

Anonymous #270701 08/13/18 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo clearly better than Thorn. YJ parents struggle with this the only age group on the Island where they aren't the top team.

I can remember the YJ crew stewing over this for a couple years now. They would say, "wait till 8th and 9th grade, the best girls will leave TG for YJ", in fact the opposite has happened with more to come!

Anonymous #270722 08/13/18 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Theres only 1 or 2 girls that runs the show...take away her and they would struggle to beat Thorn ...

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard