BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: fl$ Lawsuit
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They put their deposit down before they even knew about the lawsuit, of course no one is leaving!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lawsuit should have no impact on the program. These sorts of business disputes happen all the time. They will settle.
We returned to the program, aware of the lawsuit, as we were very happy with the training, coaches and overall player development. They cost less (a bit) than the Igloos/91s/Expresses and are conveniently located for western Suffolk folks.
Tryouts were well attended with a bunch of players from other programs there.. Looking forward to a solid team this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
law suit is irrelevant to the players...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Give me a break. With all lawsuits there is definitely risk to the consumer. If they cant settle or agree business' go out of business all the time as a result and that is a risk to the players. Now I completely agree its business as ussual for now with good coaches and good training but there was also a good manager at my local toys r us and guess what he got screwed when corporate decided to go out of business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break. With all lawsuits there is definitely risk to the consumer. If they cant settle or agree business' go out of business all the time as a result and that is a risk to the players. Now I completely agree its business as ussual for now with good coaches and good training but there was also a good manager at my local toys r us and guess what he got screwed when corporate decided to go out of business.

Parents have no clue. Believe me it happens every day, corporation goes bankrupt, then dissolves. Everyone who is owed money is "SOL."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What appears on this website is a copy of the summons. Has it been served? No index #, maybe it wasn't served as of this time. Could be a tactic to speed up a settlement, and remain out of court, who knows. Anyway, don't pay the full boat up front, string the payments along just in case it turns bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So how does that usually work out for the creditors trying to get all of their money. You think this ex partner want's an insolvent business that will make his deal to collect almost impossible. Come on people think sometimes. He did this to make sure a court enforces the agreement so each party has a vested interest in making sure things continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the parents on our team knew nothing about the lawsuit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they not inform the parents what is going on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

It is really none of their business, and will have little to no impact on the teams. This is a business, and businesses get sued all of the time. I have nothing to do with this organization, but know kids who play there, and they are staying because of the coaches that they play for, and the friends that they have been playing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His latest and greatest is he used the Long Island Lacrosse Showcase to line his own pocket. Then has the nerve to have his FL$ coaches coach teams and use that as an opportunity to poach players for FL$. You cannot trust that man or anyone associated with that program.

Exactly why was he involved in the Long Island Showcase?? What does he have to do with the Nassau Coaches Association? And with those points, why is he allowed the access to players to poach them? Anyone who doesn't think he is preying upon kids for HIS/FL$ benefit is lying to themselves. Hook the naive, impressionable kid with BS promises of grandeur, and then convincing the parent is that much easier!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

It is really none of their business, and will have little to no impact on the teams. This is a business, and businesses get sued all of the time. I have nothing to do with this organization, but know kids who play there, and they are staying because of the coaches that they play for, and the friends that they have been playing with.

how could it be none of there business, if the team folds then what, Winkoff did threaten to bankrupt the organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

The suit alleges that fl$ is financially unstable due to the owner's actions. If true (and that's a big if) then there is a real risk of insolvency.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

how could it be none of there business, if the team folds then what, Winkoff did threaten to bankrupt the organization

According to the plaintiff contained within his summons to appear. Like I said, as of now it doesn't appear as if the summons was even filed with the court.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

According to the plaintiff contained within his summons to appear. Like I said, as of now it doesn't appear as if the summons was even filed with the court.

Then why is BOTC reporting this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

Index Number: 0606192/2018

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASCaseInfo?parm=CaseInfo&index=9N8Po9FEoonXdbi9p64xKA%3D%3D&county=224B5REwS8zyBUpAECb5yw%3D%3D&motion=M&docs=&adate=06/29/2018&civilCaseId=dxBi6sqOF8IYqwTynylsdw%3D%3D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

Index Number: 0606192/2018

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASCaseInfo?parm=CaseInfo&index=9N8Po9FEoonXdbi9p64xKA%3D%3D&county=224B5REwS8zyBUpAECb5yw%3D%3D&motion=M&docs=&adate=06/29/2018&civilCaseId=dxBi6sqOF8IYqwTynylsdw%3D%3D

Mike, I mean mic drop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it was filed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Motion withdrawn.. nothing to see here.
My son is going back because the training and player development there is great.
One more round of tryouts for the 2027/2026/2024 teams on Thursday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was filed. I don't think I would get involved with them, since there are many other clubs to choose from. Unless you are ready to accept a similar statement from Mr. GW "I'm so sorry, the judge didn't understand, I was forced to do what I had to do."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going back because the training and player development there is great.

I don't think you understand how to read a court docket.

Pioneer was using the same firm that drafted the consulting agreement that is now in question. fl$ sought to disqualify Pioneer's counsel. Pioneer voluntarily switched counsel so fl$'s motion was withdrawn.

Next docket action should be around September 7th when we get to see fl$'s next response in this case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pioneer was using the same firm that drafted the consulting agreement that is now in question. fl$ sought to disqualify Pioneer's counsel. Pioneer voluntarily switched counsel so fl$'s motion was withdrawn.

Next docket action should be around September 7th when we get to see fl$'s next response in this case.

No they don't understand. Further, the income generated by fl$ will be used to defend themselves and those who are not aware of the cost of litigation, shame on you. Maybe fl$ will be brought out by DLT and DLT will settle the matter pinnies on the dollar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly.
The case is still on track and proceeding.
Just a motion to disqualify counsel was withdrawn because it was moot, since the party changed counsel voluntarily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don't understand. Further, the income generated by fl$ will be used to defend themselves and those who are not aware of the cost of litigation, shame on you. Maybe fl$ will be brought out by DLT and DLT will settle the matter pinnies on the dollar.

From reading the documents, this consulting agreement is basically a 10 year payout to Pioneer which I suspect was an attempt to avoid some taxes from the sale. The only way out of these monthly payments is to go belly up. There seems to be a fair amount of bad blood between the two parties and I wouldn't put it past them to go nuclear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is just making things up. Has anyone had an actual issue.? Then stop the BS. This is a very successful business, that has been around for years. No one is going away. These people will work out their personal business issues between partners, and it will be business as usual on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Status quo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is just making things up. Has anyone had an actual issue.? Then stop the BS. This is a very successful business, that has been around for years. No one is going away. These people will work out their personal business issues between partners, and it will be business as usual on the field.

There is a difference between Joe "everyday" and Joe "business man." Joe everyday will allow his emotions to get in the way when making business decisions, whereas Joe business man in most cases allow his intellect be the driving force when making a business decisions. I bet if FL$ opened up their books, the organization will show it's self in the red, especially considering what going on at the present time. It's only business!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a difference between Joe "everyday" and Joe "business man." Joe everyday will allow his emotions to get in the way when making business decisions, whereas Joe business man in most cases allow his intellect be the driving force when making a business decisions. I bet if FL$ opened up their books, the organization will show it's self in the red, especially considering what going on at the present time. It's only business!

In the red, their tuition is $4000 per player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the red, their tuition is $4000 per player.

No sense in explaining, some just/will not get it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This suit should be pretty eyeopening. When they did the deal, fl$ was valued at around $3.5MM. As part of this legal action, I expect there will be various exhibits that provide insight into fl$'s current financials.

Ignoring the action itself, it will be interesting to examine a program's cash flow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This suit should be pretty eyeopening. When they did the deal, fl$ was valued at around $3.5MM. As part of this legal action, I expect there will be various exhibits that provide insight into fl$'s current financials.

Ignoring the action itself, it will be interesting to examine a program's cash flow.

Income tax filing. I bet their expenses are higher than their intake. Many ways to funnel expenses back to themselves through the family. Don't forget their teams mostly attend their in house tournaments. Believe me, the majority of the people giving privates lessons are making out very well, avoid paying taxes on the money (cash) they earn. Therefore, it's a crime if you knowingly avoid paying Uncle Sam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because they don't care

Your dealing with accountants so they certainly know how to make the numbers work in their favor. I wouldn't pay your tuition in full.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing people keep making things up. There is no cash in this business. Bankrupt does not mean put of business. Neither would ever happen. Tour dealing in rumors and speculation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing people keep making things up. There is no cash in this business. Bankrupt does not mean put of business. Neither would ever happen. Tour dealing in rumors and speculation.

What are you talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of the end of last weeks court results, G.M.W/FL$ has 30 days to catch up to missed payments or the company will have to file for Chapter 11 as of October 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of the end of last weeks court results, G.M.W/FL$ has 30 days to catch up to missed payments or the company will have to file for Chapter 11 as of October 2018.

Fold, then start up a new company

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats what Rebels did, and they're still the same family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, clean slate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, clean slate.

That's not what the Rebels did, what happens to the teams if they file chapter 11.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard