BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody hear about Kooper's hiring Dave Pietramala? What's his role? This is a new angle and will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Program changing. It will help Koopers get to the next level.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any changes at DC Dogs or Next Level?

Only change is that they win everything in site next year. Baltimore and LI need to realize the new hotbed is the DCizzle for shizzle. Dirty Dawgs be handling business like it aint nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear about Kooper's hiring Dave Pietramala? What's his role? This is a new angle and will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Announcement says director of coaching development

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone on this forum has an obsession with Koopers - claiming 91 players tried out there, well run, and now Coach P. Don’t recall ever seeing posts about this club here until recent weeks. And the owner/Director don’t have a son in 2023 so, why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Koopers 2023 players at other tryouts too. Who cares?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy is having a conversation with himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy is having a conversation with himself.

Rumor has it that Coach Petro is making a career change. Leaving JHU to coach Koopers 2023. Heard it here first people!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Coach Petro is making a career change. Leaving JHU to coach Koopers 2023. Heard it here first people! [/quote]

And B is the assistant coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's not leaving Hopkins! I can confirm that for sure. No way. However, huge move on Kooper's part because you don't hear of big NCAA coaches doing this type of role.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So for once there isn't a post about Crabs? Isn't this a lacrosse forum about lacrosse news and happenings? This is big news. A lot of buzz going on out and during tryouts and it can make or break decisions on which team. Apparently, Kooper's is making major upgrades and changes. I applaud more competition will be out there rather than the same teams.
I did hear Looney's 2022 AA folded and most of them going to Kooper's.
I can say that I think 91 players were at other tryouts like Looney's and FCA, not just Kooper's. However, I don't think there is a max exodus but I think things are unsettled with MM moving kid down to 2023. There are some loyal players staying at 91 for sure.
Also, there is absolutely no way Petra is leaving Hopkins for a club team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there was 5 Koopers kids at 91 tryouts. Grass is always greener elsewhere. Koopers lost HoCo B to Top Caliber. 91 is winless over two years in HoCo elite. Agree Crabs is irrelevant. No one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So for once there isn't a post about Crabs? Isn't this a lacrosse forum about lacrosse news and happenings? This is big news. A lot of buzz going on out and during tryouts and it can make or break decisions on which team. Apparently, Kooper's is making major upgrades and changes. I applaud more competition will be out there rather than the same teams.
I can say that I think 91 players were at other tryouts like Looney's and FCA, not just Kooper's. However, I don't think there is a max exodus but I think things are unsettled with MM moving kid down to 2023. There are some loyal players staying at 91 for sure.

Those 91 kids are not loyal. With a couple of holdback exceptions, they could not make a legit elite team. So they accept the automatic invite to return.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those 91 kids are not loyal. With a couple of holdback exceptions, they could not make a legit elite team. So they accept the automatic invite to return.

There a few 'core' kids on 2023 that are definitely loyal to the 91 program that could play on a legitimate elite team. Unfortunately the club has a bad wrap, poor coaching and MM as the owner of the organization. However, since MM son is coming down I can guarantee he will not let this team go winless again at this level. So like his son look for an influx of 22 'reclassifications' coming to 23s for the Spring ONLY.

My son went to MM Elite camp and on more than one occasion heard MM tell kids 'you stink and shouldn't be playing lacrosse". What an ambassador to the game this guy is!! If you are on or considering 91 2023; RUN!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Announcement on Petro said his JHU Dir of Ops is also joining Koopers as assistant dir of coaching. Dir of Ops jobs for college lax teams are very low pay. This is mainly a side hustle for the Dir of OPs and Petro lends his name and does a couple of coaches clinics. He's doing a solid for his buddies who run Koopers and his ops guy can pay a few bills. Still great resources for koopers coaches and players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is right. Coaching the coaches is likely not a huge commitment in time. I think it’s adding prestige to a club that has struggled outside of the top kids (including Petro’s) on the 2021/22 team.

Announcement on Petro said his JHU Dir of Ops is also joining Koopers as assistant dir of coaching. Dir of Ops jobs for college lax teams are very low pay. This is mainly a side hustle for the Dir of OPs and Petro lends his name and does a couple of coaches clinics. He's doing a solid for his buddies who run Koopers and his ops guy can pay a few bills. Still great resources for koopers coaches and players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There a few 'core' kids on 2023 that are definitely loyal to the 91 program that could play on a legitimate elite team. Unfortunately the club has a bad wrap, poor coaching and MM as the owner of the organization. However, since MM son is coming down I can guarantee he will not let this team go winless again at this level. So like his son look for an influx of 22 'reclassifications' coming to 23s for the Spring ONLY.

My son went to MM Elite camp and on more than one occasion heard MM tell kids 'you stink and shouldn't be playing lacrosse". What an ambassador to the game this guy is!! If you are on or considering 91 2023; RUN!!!!

His 2022 team only won 1 game in Hoco this past season. But somehow that 2022 team won Naptown?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the new to be formed Green Turtle and revived Breakers (two teams) have not had a tryout yet. What is the outlook there? Any buzz around the rebranded True Maryland Wolfpack, which held a tryout last week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His 2022 team only won 1 game in Hoco this past season. But somehow that 2022 team won Naptown?!

Fake News. Hawks 2022 won Naptown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Md won NLF, not Naptown; and it did only win 1 game in HoCo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His twin boys play for Koopers. No surprise here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think he meant T91 2022 won the NLF National Championship which is much more impressive than winning Naptown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Safe to say what year has the super intense parents. The 2023 thread has more than double the pages of any other year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Safe to say what year has the super intense parents. The 2023 thread has more than double the pages of any other year.

Nothing to do with parents. Every year it is same.

8th grade is the big year of holdbacks/reclassed ! All the kids that werent already held back and Daddy thinks cant make it, stay another year in 8th. Causes all kinds of activity.

8th grade is the last year you can play the youth game with kids a year to two older than most of the other players.

8th grade you still think Laxey Johnny is a great player.

High School years has very little activity and especially very little holdback activity.. MIAA is still full of holdbacks but many kids in public along with MIAA arent and the effects are less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing to do with parents. Every year it is same.

8th grade is the big year of holdbacks/reclassed ! All the kids that werent already held back and Daddy thinks cant make it, stay another year in 8th. Causes all kinds of activity.

8th grade is the last year you can play the youth game with kids a year to two older than most of the other players.

8th grade you still think Laxey Johnny is a great player.

High School years has very little activity and especially very little holdback activity.. MIAA is still full of holdbacks but many kids in public along with MIAA arent and the effects are less.

So basically...it’s the parents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think he meant T91 2022 won the NLF National Championship which is much more impressive than winning Naptown.

T91 TX won NLF with the help of a 91 NY and a few 91 MD players. With 91 and Crabs, guest players are the norm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers is a joke horrible program. Poor coaching and they only play in their own aloha tournaments. Its unethical at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers is a joke horrible program. Poor coaching and they only play in their own aloha tournaments. Its unethical at best.

Doing something right. Tryout registration email says they are fielding 3 teams at 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 91 Md helmets at Koopers tryout today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doing something right. Tryout registration email says they are fielding 3 teams at 2023?

Few clubs field two teams and when they do it is rarely a good move. Three teams for a B Club is silly. If they have a large tryout at least make one decent team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Few clubs field two teams and when they do it is rarely a good move. Three teams for a B Club is silly. If they have a large tryout at least make one decent team

3 teams is a money grab. B and C teams should be in MYLA as a better option for many at 1/10 the costs. Get better than move to a good club.
Most Rec ( which are as good as many B and C club teams ) have Spring Season and Indoor winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 teams is a money grab. B and C teams should be in MYLA as a better option for many at 1/10 the costs. Get better than move to a good club.
Most Rec ( which are as good as many B and C club teams ) have Spring Season and Indoor winter.

Yea, or repeat a great like most of the kids on the A team. The MIAA and parents of privileged snowflakes have ruined youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea, or repeat a great like most of the kids on the A team. The MIAA and parents of privileged snowflakes have ruined youth lacrosse.

Kelly Post is more competitive and a much better option than any B team in Baltimore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kelly Post is more competitive and a much better option than any B team in Baltimore.

Nobody cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your opinion, MM, not that we asked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

Not sure where the others fit in.

Last edited by 1026ME; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

What kids from other 23 teams or 22 holdbacks were there? Will they add new pieces? My son was at 3 other tryouts and never saw a Hawks helmet. Not sure what else they do but they seem to keep their core group together

Last edited by 1026ME; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

How could you possibly rank these teams at this point? Did you attend each tryout? Have you been given the roster for each team? The only obvious one is 91 being last. And they should not even be included. Breakers and Koopers would beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

What kids from other 23 teams or 22 holdbacks were there? Will they add new pieces? My son was at 3 other tryouts and never saw a Hawks helmet. Not sure what else they do but they seem to keep their core group together

Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

WOW...three tryouts! Very impressive. We will all take note of your opinion of ranking teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

They limit the drama as much as possible and support ALL of the kids on the teams. That's the key to success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post tryout rankings
1. Hawks (wow)
2. DC dogs
3. Crabs
4. FCA
5. Looneys

How could you possibly rank these teams at this point? Did you attend each tryout? Have you been given the roster for each team? The only obvious one is 91 being last. And they should not even be included. Breakers and Koopers would beat them.

This is funny. A parent from 91 must have a son leaving and trying out for Koopers and Breakers. First, no one thinks 91 is ranked 6. They left out NL and Bethesda/DCE. There are 40 teams in HOCO more included in the entire mid atlantic region and 91 should be ranked around 12-13 even with adding a 2022 coach's son. Koopers and Breakers are in the bottom half of this list of teams. PGLC beat all of them the year prior and they struggled the next level up. Name one team either Kooper or Breakers have beaten in the last two years that is Elite or AA?

Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard