BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does McDonogh require 8th grade transfers to repeat that grade? Does the lacrosse coach commend it? Or do parents independently make that decision? Seems like that school is winning the 8th grade transfer holdback lacrosse game.

Not a requirement. I know I handful of lacrosse players there. None of those repeated 8th grade. Some were held back previously ie preK. Parent decision but would guess school recommends if kid needs to catch up academically. I'm in no way a McD insider. I think most if not all private schools that have a middle school allow the 8th grade repeat. To my knowledge only "required" if the kid can't meet academic standards needed for admission to 9th grade. Do parents decide to repeat for sports? yes. Do coaches and admissions allow it? yes

No requirement, but if you havent been in McD system for a few years, it may be hard to go straight to 9th grade. They are a difficult academic school and your curriculum may not have been as challenging.

As far as Prek goes. If you are a boy and born in the months on June, July, August...You dont go to 1st grade at McD. You go to prefirst. They are very easy if you want holding your Kindergarten boy back born on any month, but those months, short of genius, you are held back. Very few exceptions. Most lower school grades had over 50% of boys heldback a few years ago. I assume it is still the same. And spare me the BS of there isnt that many ... two kids there

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Movement is starting at the 23.
So far:
2 Looneys to FCA
1 Looney to Crabs
1 Hawk to Team 91
1 Crab to Looney's

None of the 5 are impact players. Impact players stay put. Time for kids to learn how to play a role and compete for additional playing time. HS is right around the corner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my observation...there were 3 or 4 Crabs helmets at the Looney's tryouts on Sunday morning. Don't know how many, if any, were offered spots or if they accepted. At this point, I believe most teams are asking people to keep offers confidential since there are still additional tryout dates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
2 Looneys to FCA
1 Looney to Crabs
1 Hawk to Team 91
1 Crab to Looney's

None of the 5 are impact players. Impact players stay put. Time for kids to learn how to play a role and compete for additional playing time. HS is right around the corner.

Where did the Crabs lefty attack man go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain what's going on with 91 2023? Why are a lot of these kids trying out for Kooper's? Who is 2023 head coach? I don't know how to copy or forward a thread but there is thread going on 2022.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of hard to know which kids are going to make an impact come next Spring. That's a long time for 13 and 14 year old boys. Who knows how many players are going to grow 4 inches, or add 20 pounds of muscle. Or how many are going to spend the Winter getting better, and tougher, playing box (or improving their dodge moves and actually learning how to pick and roll playing basketball).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain what's going on with 91 2023? Why are a lot of these kids trying out for Kooper's? Who is 2023 head coach? I don't know how to copy or forward a thread but there is thread going on 2022.

People assume (know?) that Millon's son is reclassing to 2023. If that happens, people assume that Millon will coach (or at least control) the 2023 team. A lot of kids and parents do not want to play for Millon.

Add that to the team's poor showing in HoCo, and it's not surprising some kids are looking to move.

The Kooper's team was a very good B team last year and is going to try and move up to the A level. The program as a whole is well run and (IMO) less insane than 91MD. So it's not surprising some kids might take a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
2 Looneys to FCA
1 Looney to Crabs
1 Hawk to Team 91
1 Crab to Looney's

ridiculous statement since I can go to all the teams in 2023 elite and many of their best players started elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
2 Looneys to FCA
1 Looney to Crabs
1 Hawk to Team 91
1 Crab to Looney's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any changes at DC Dogs or Next Level?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will be the most improved team picking up some of the top reclassed kids from 2022 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought king crab was his 2023 team picked and posted by now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Movement is starting at the 23.
So far:
2 Looneys to FCA
1 Looney to Crabs
1 Hawk to Team 91
1 Crab to Looney's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People assume (know?) that Millon's son is reclassing to 2023. If that happens, people assume that Millon will coach (or at least control) the 2023 team. A lot of kids and parents do not want to play for Millon.

Add that to the team's poor showing in HoCo, and it's not surprising some kids are looking to move.

The Kooper's team was a very good B team last year and is going to try and move up to the A level. The program as a whole is well run and (IMO) less insane than 91MD. So it's not surprising some kids might take a look.

Interesting. There were almost 40 teams in HOCO and Koopers were in the lowest division but could be improved. However A is still in the lower half. I think it may be some kids that do not like MM however if the team were winning it would be fine. I think the reason kids leave is that it is hard to go two years and not win a game. The club is not smart keeping the team in the Elite group. The players who go to Koopers are smart they simply want to play in competitive games. Koopers would do well in the A div. Previous teams that won the B division (G and PGLC) moved up and finished at the bottom of the next level. Team 91 should play A or AA. Which team would then take the spot at Elite. It may be a long shot but 3d is combining Lax Factory and 3d Mid A which is combining two AA teams that were .500 last season they could with a good tryout make it to Elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. There were almost 40 teams in HOCO and Koopers were in the lowest division but could be improved. However A is still in the lower half. I think it may be some kids that do not like MM however if the team were winning it would be fine. I think the reason kids leave is that it is hard to go two years and not win a game. The club is not smart keeping the team in the Elite group. The players who go to Koopers are smart they simply want to play in competitive games. Koopers would do well in the A div. Previous teams that won the B division (G and PGLC) moved up and finished at the bottom of the next level. Team 91 should play A or AA. Which team would then take the spot at Elite. It may be a long shot but 3d is combining Lax Factory and 3d Mid A which is combining two AA teams that were .500 last season they could with a good tryout make it to Elite.

MM’s son is playing with the 2023 team so no chance it drops from the HoCo elite division. None.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM’s son is playing with the 2023 team so no chance it drops from the HoCo elite division. None.
[/quote]

That team has some good players and those guys should be looking elsewhere. There are still tryouts going on. By Spring, they will wish they did and didn't ignore the very clear writing on the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mention 40 teams. Baltimore market is lopsided. 4 played elite. Only 1 (FCA white) played AA and did not belong, one won a single game. Most played A. Some played B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 keeps same daddy coaches, plays only the favorite kids, and invites back all the same players each year before tryouts even begin. Now a winning formula.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Looney's player who left and went to Crabs is a MAJOR impact player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mention 40 teams. Baltimore market is lopsided. 4 played elite. Only 1 (FCA white) played AA and did not belong, one won a single game. Most played A. Some played B.

Add to that the clear two best teams are based in AA and Bethesda

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looney's didnt have any MAJOR impact players last year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad! I knew Mom was lying when she said you didn't love me.

laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are picking up a top scoring attackman from a elite 2022 team. Kid has been playing up for years. You want your kid to get better that’s how you do it. Play up not reclass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can someone please explain what's going on with 91 2023? Why are a lot of these kids trying out for Kooper's? Who is 2023 head coach? I don't know how to copy or forward a thread but there is thread going on 2022.

Only 3 of those won at least one game in elite. So drop Md 91 to AA or A. Calling yourself "elite" does not make it so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The starters on those A and B teams will play at better lacrosse schools than those on elite teams watching from the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are picking up a top scoring attackman from a elite 2022 team. Kid has been playing up for years. You want your kid to get better that’s how you do it. Play up not reclass.

That kid is a reclass. He has been playing with kids his own age at 22. He now will be a Crab which usually means older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That kid is a reclass. He has been playing with kids his own age at 22. He now will be a Crab which usually means older.

From what elite 2022 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any changes at DC Dogs or Next Level?

From what I hear YES!!!, Big Changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RawRiders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. I know it hurts to know that there is a kid out there that much better than yours. Doesn't mean he is a re-class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's referring to kid from Roughriders 2022. Between the Crabs righty that was on their 2022, RR lefty and the kid coming from Looneys (also lefty) they will have a stacked attack. Only one ball to go around. Returning attack moving to midfield or happy to be reserves?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's referring to kid from Roughriders 2022. Between the Crabs righty that was on their 2022, RR lefty and the kid coming from Looneys (also lefty) they will have a stacked attack. Only one ball to go around. Returning attack moving to midfield or happy to be reserves?

The lefty starting attackman for the prior 3 years left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lefty starting attackman for the prior 3 years left.

He left before summer was over. There were other attack on the roster no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't be surprised if one, or more, of the new players along with some of the returners change positions to midfield. At least one of the returning attackmen was solid and will probably stay on attack. Regardless, the team will be much much stronger than last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. I know it hurts to know that there is a kid out there that much better than yours. Doesn't mean he is a re-class.

Remember in Baltimore if you did a prefirst , you are not considered being heldback !! LOL.. I guess when you hold them back in Kindergarden, its a mulligan..
Dont have any idea about this player tho...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess your next comment... “they are all holdbacks”. If you dont like the zone find a way to beat it. Its possible they lost twice last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong we are more of a Miller crowd checking out your wife wearing CFM shoes to the lax field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he's coming to Loyola for 8th this fall, he is a reclass. Just like his older brother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he's coming to Loyola for 8th this fall, he is a reclass. Just like his older brother.

Well Loyola does compete against BL, St P and McD , etc .. They need their share of reclass/prefirst/holdbacks to compete against their reclass/prefirst/holdbacks !

Let keep it real in the MIAA !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear about Kooper's hiring Dave Pietramala? What's his role? This is a new angle and will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard