BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok...so what does Rebels cost?

It's on the website it says $3'200

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Empire took a ton of Ward Melville kids

Stop. Makes Zero sense. The 3V elite team is better and the school is back
To back state champs. Those kids are going to Empire. I did not “hear” that! It’s common sense

Stop? Must have been at least 20 Ward Melville Kids at Empire tryouts and one of the new coaches is a Ward Melville Dad

Then it’s not their top players. It’s Gc34 dads that stated 24 because their kids got cut from gc34

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes some of WM in house teams left.. took spots from empire kids
why not its right down the road

People-- if the program has good coaches, is close to home and does NOT break the bank...go for it

just make sure the coach has good background...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels is $3200
well there is mom and dad shirt and your bathing shorts...oh and socks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People-- if the program has good coaches, is close to home and does NOT break the bank...go for it

Some? Half of the Empire kids were cut in favor of Ward Melville kids and their Dad coach, wonder what kind of backdoor deals were made.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously do you work for Rebels. All you keep doing is promoting communication and gear. You guys are a new club and that’s all you have. If you are so great with communication and gear why didn’t you/they promote it when the owners/coaches were part of Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some? Half of the Empire kids were cut in favor of Ward Melville kids and their Dad coach, wonder what kind of backdoor deals were made.

And that's why you see Empire helmets at all tryouts, no one is staying yo watch their positions go to WM kids and they sit on the bench.Even the old coaches kid went to 9D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM Daddy coach had no say. Hahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whos going to Express tryouts tonight? Anyone knows if Chan has any room in his top team to take on new kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even ask? If you're going, go. Let the kid perform and see where it lands. If he's better then most, there's always room.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Legacy at this age? Not in any of this discussion....

Their Top team aka Rebel are good but Zummmmmo puts them in tournament where they are way over their head. You can probably count the number of wins on one hand. The 2nd team is garbage, poor coaching and maybe 5 talented kids and 15 kids that can barely throw and catch.Me personally I would stay away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even ask? If you're going, go. Let the kid perform and see where it lands. If he's better then most, there's always room.

Lets put it this way. Chan approached one of our kids about playing for Express after we played them in a game. I personally like Chan but that was a classless move. So the moral is there is always room on any travel team as long as your kid is very talented

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whos going to Express tryouts tonight? Anyone knows if Chan has any room in his top team to take on new kids?

There is always room. And if your son is 6 ft, there is definitely room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this club lacrosse world, if your son is going to play on a B club team which do you think gives the best coaching and training?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not happy with your team.24 east try outs begin this week.price is right with great coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this club lacrosse world, if your son is going to play on a B club team which do you think gives the best coaching and training?

REBELS LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9th grade and your son is new to this? People will knock it because they always do. But Express has a team for every ability. If he is new to the sport, Express O’Reilly is a team that he will get great development and coaching. Tryouts are tonight and Wednesday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Empire took a ton of Ward Melville kids

Stop. Makes Zero sense. The 3V elite team is better and the school is back
To back state champs. Those kids are going to Empire. I did not “hear” that! It’s common sense

Stop? Must have been at least 20 Ward Melville Kids at Empire tryouts and one of the new coaches is a Ward Melville Dad

Then it’s not their top players. It’s Gc34 dads that stated 24 because their kids got cut from gc34

They were never on GC34 to begin with...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son is 8th grade and is a soccer player who played some lacrosse but was never that serious. For some reason playing middle school lit a lax fire in him so I took him to tryouts this summer for 1st time. He tried out for 3 teams and made 2. My advice is to just bring him to as many tryouts as possible. Obviously don't register for all right away because he might make the 1st one so you don't want to waste your money. Eventually if he has any skills at all he will make a team. Seems to me like younger coaches look for kids with top skills now where older coaches who have been around youth sports for a while are willing to take a chance if they see a great athlete they can build into a player. As a parent preach confidence to the kid especially if they have a bad tryout at first or feel overmatched if they tryout for a team with a lot of really good players. At the end of the day all these programs need the money so there will be a team for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! I don’t care what anyone says, at this age, every other behind Chan’s team is an after thought! You’ll be sold a bill of goods, put faith that they are being men of their word but nonetheless, they aren’t! Don’t be fooled! Chan cares aboutHIS one team, even then he’s adding/recruiting new kids weekly! He’ll take your money and tell you whatever you want hear! IMO

Bottom line, look for someone who is transparent, open and honest. Be comfortable with the coach and more importantly make sure your kid wants to be three! I don’t care what anyone here says, at this age(hs), if your kid is good, he’ll be seen, no matter where he plays! Let the kid have fun and if he he’s talented enough for the next level, he’ll make it! No one organization had the lock on recruiting and college coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No OReilly next season at 2022........ too bad, good coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ratherbefishing
My son is 8th grade and is a soccer player who played some lacrosse but was never that serious. For some reason playing middle school lit a lax fire in him so I took him to tryouts this summer for 1st time. He tried out for 3 teams and made 2. My advice is to just bring him to as many tryouts as possible. Obviously don't register for all right away because he might make the 1st one so you don't want to waste your money. Eventually if he has any skills at all he will make a team. Seems to me like younger coaches look for kids with top skills now where older coaches who have been around youth sports for a while are willing to take a chance if they see a great athlete they can build into a player. As a parent preach confidence to the kid especially if they have a bad tryout at first or feel overmatched if they tryout for a team with a lot of really good players. At the end of the day all these programs need the money so there will be a team for him.

If you
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! I don’t care what anyone says, at this age, every other behind Chan’s team is an after thought! You’ll be sold a bill of goods, put faith that they are being men of their word but nonetheless, they aren’t! Don’t be fooled! Chan cares aboutHIS one team, even then he’s adding/recruiting new kids weekly! He’ll take your money and tell you whatever you want hear! IMO

Bottom line, look for someone who is transparent, open and honest. Be comfortable with the coach and more importantly make sure your kid wants to be three! I don’t care what anyone here says, at this age(hs), if your kid is good, he’ll be seen, no matter where he plays! Let the kid have fun and if he he’s talented enough for the next level, he’ll make it! No one organization had the lock on recruiting and college coaches!

So which clubs do you think on LI get the most kids in the best showcases like Maverick and Black Card? You know the answer. I do agree about fun, but you are also spending a lot of money and it's not a simple decision. And, yes communication and being transparent is important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Viper lacrosse club. Lots of training and a great program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who is replacing O’Reilly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No OReilly next season at 2022........ too bad, good coach.

Not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Viper lacrosse club. Lots of training and a great program

My son played in 9 tourneys on LI last fall and summer and never saw them in a bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true????? He was a bad coach then???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody, he is coaching 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not what I heard but who knows, Chan loves to be noncommittal!

Nothing ever in writing!

Really not his fault because people still pony up the cash!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know if Hitmen had there tryouts yet..Im not sure if any one has any thoughts but my sons team played them this summer and I was pretty impressed..any info on where they practice, training , coaching, etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing ever in writing!

He is 100% coaching a team at this age. If you email them and ask they will tell you the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9th grade and your son is new to this? People will knock it because they always do. But Express has a team for every ability. If he is new to the sport, Express O’Reilly is a team that he will get great development and coaching. Tryouts are tonight and Wednesday

Don’t hang your hat on It, outside Chan, totally random what type of experience you are going to get at Express. Could be good, could be terrible. Where ever you go, ask 1000 questions about what you are gettIng for your money. Pick a club when you think is a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing ever in writing!

He is 100% coaching a team at this age. If you email them and ask they will tell you the same.

Why all the drama? Why can’t Express just communicate to the families the basic info for next season? Rebels, Igloo, 91 does it......what is the big mystery? $100 for tryouts, they don’t even tell you who os coaching, how much ot will cost and what you get. Unreal....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask and Express will tell you..Stop being a baby behind a computer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know info on Palasek 2022 Team91?

Good coach? Coached team last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won’t be on the level of the better 2nd teams like Igloo and Express. They lead the pack of best of the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team was likely selected before kids showed up today and yesterday! Both days, 2-3 attack, over a dozen long poles! Complete joke after all of the “transparency and calls! With the kids at tryouts between today and yesterday, no way they would be able to pick a team based on the players there. SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team was likely selected before kids showed up today and yesterday! Both days, 2-3 attack, over a dozen long poles! Complete joke after all of the “transparency and calls! With the kids at tryouts between today and yesterday, no way they would be able to pick a team based on the players there. SMH

Couldn't make it there today, loads of players there on Tuesday, not sure what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't make it there today, loads of players there on Tuesday, not sure what you are talking about.

Be honest man, less than 50 kids for 2022, 15 poles! Stop the BS! Today was about 23-25 kids and again, about 15 long poles! No way they were building a team from the kids there! Today there was literally 2 middies, plenty of attacks and poles! At one point during the scrimmage, a pole was given a shortie to play with! SMH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won’t be on the level of the better 2nd teams like Igloo and Express. They lead the pack of best of the rest.

Express.....”the better 2nd teams” , please. All 3 of Express’ teams were
less than average.

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard