BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many on the Express A Roster? I am guessing overloaded......

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also confirmed that some kids made A team that never even showed up to either tryout. I went in with an open mind. Man.....what a scam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many on the Express A Roster? I am guessing overloaded......

30. Absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also confirmed that some kids made A team that never even showed up to either tryout. I went in with an open mind. Man.....what a scam

Same with B team. No shows who got emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B includes (in writing) that they will train with Powers and get positional training over the winter (included in price). Now I don't think this justifies the price hike but its much more than what they got last season. Plus the fact that a director is the coach now I think they will get they focus they deserve.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30 person roster at any level is ridiculous. They should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If parents are notIntelligent enough to pay for it (and they are), they’ll continue to look smart, making almost $120,000 for rostering a single team. Still a ridiculous profit after backing out tourneys (especially when they’re you’re own), gear and coaching. Keep paying and the prices will keep going up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If parents are notIntelligent enough to pay for it (and they are), they’ll continue to look smart, making almost $120,000 for rostering a single team. Still a ridiculous profit after backing out tourneys (especially when they’re you’re own), gear and coaching. Keep paying and the prices will keep going up.

Guess the word stup*d is not allowed? Changed it to notIntelligent. Strange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels tryout so far looks like some good kids trying out.
Hagans and Schroeder (I assume thats the other coach at the tryout) are very instructive with the kids.
I like what I see so far. Hopefully will be as good at tomorrows tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B includes (in writing) that they will train with Powers and get positional training over the winter (included in price). Now I don't think this justifies the price hike but its much more than what they got last season. Plus the fact that a director is the coach now I think they will get they focus they deserve.

If you think the head varsity coach for St. Anthony is going to be around a lot for a 2026 B team, you will be very dissapointed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids were at rebel tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hagans and Schroeder (I assume thats the other coach at the tryout) are very instructive with the kids.

Hagans is a good coach but having to be very instructive at a tryout is not exactly a sign of good talent. You’d like to think a team which intends to be at an A or AA level would have enough talent showing up which understands lacrosse. Theyre not teaching game plays at tryouts so what do they need to be instructing on? Drills?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hagans is a good coach but having to be very instructive at a tryout is not exactly a sign of good talent. You’d like to think a team which intends to be at an A or AA level would have enough talent showing up which understands lacrosse. Theyre not teaching game plays at tryouts so what do they need to be instructing on? Drills?

Thats the most ridiculous statement I ever heard.
Its extremely important to be instructive at practices.
These are kids going into 5th grade. No matter what level they are at, they have a lot to learn. And coaches need to know how well players take their instruction and act on it.
Now I think I really meant the coaches were very interactive with the kids, but instruction is defenitely an important facet on any team at this age level, tryout or not.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

new person here... Weighing in...
More like small pointers without messing with flow of drills. I didn't know what to expect. Good talent all around. Didn't count, but decent numbers at middie and attack. Little short number wise at defense. 2 goalies. I'm new to this this year. Been to a few other tryouts. Talent here is up there imo. Probably mostly bubble level talent compared to the top clubs--my son was at one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think your missing the point. Your paying 125 bucks for tryout. They are trying to give you coaching tips so you can become a better player, while evaluating you. I think it’s a great idea. My son hasn’t tried out for them but their communications and honesty has been outstanding. Every time I’ve shot them an email they have responded within minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats the most ridiculous statement I ever heard.
Its extremely important to be instructive at practices.
These are kids going into 5th grade. No matter what level they are at, they have a lot to learn. And coaches need to know how well players take their instruction and act on it.
Now I think I really meant the coaches were very interactive with the kids, but instruction is defenitely an important facet on any team at this age level, tryout or not.

Interactive is probably a better descriptor when talking tryouts. Like this past poster said... instructive is great at practices. Kids are always learning but hopefully a coach doesn’t need to be too instructive at a tryout. Thinking, but could be wrong, that’s what the responding poster was getting at. No one will deny learning is a constant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

More like small pointers without messing with flow of drills. I didn't know what to expect. Good talent all around. Didn't count, but decent numbers at middie and attack. Little short number wise at defense. 2 goalies. I'm new to this this year. Been to a few other tryouts. Talent here is up there imo. Probably mostly bubble level talent compared to the top clubs--my son was at one of them.

Yes. I found that also.
Plus what was great was the coaches really motivated these kids at tryouts. My kid and other kids walked out of tryouts really pumped to keep playing lacrosse. It was 90-100 degrees out, and after tryouts my kid went to another space to continue playing lacrosse with another kid.
These kids really enjoyed their time at the tryout, even in the extreme heat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. I found that also.
Plus what was great was the coaches really motivated these kids at tryouts. My kid and other kids walked out of tryouts really pumped to keep playing lacrosse. It was 90-100 degrees out, and after tryouts my kid went to another space to continue playing lacrosse with another kid.

Ok ok we get it “MY KiD My KiD”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. I found that also.

Ok ok we get it “MY KiD My KiD”

Actually you dont get it.
Im not praising my kid. It was the upbeat motivating way of these coaches at the Rebels tryout that really got the kids, all the kids, really hustling. Despite the extreme heat.
It was impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unhappy with your lax team.24 east tryouts going on this week.price is right with great coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unhappy with your lax team.24 east tryouts going on this week.price is right with great coaches

Who are the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?

all coaches listed on website.great line up of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?

I don't see coaches on the website. I don't see much info at all on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s Mama Boyz 2026 coach ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a single name listed @website, for 24 “Head coaches”.. why even post this message?? Bizarre..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a single name listed @website, for 24 “Head coaches”.. why even post this message?? Bizarre..

Yes it is. Look under menu, under teams, suffolk county.
It shows 2026 coach is Gary Reh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He doesn’t impress me as a “great coach.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?

I don't see coaches on the website. I don't see much info at all on their website.

im sorry its under 24 east.look it up on facebook under 24 east lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn' this program a "Reboot" of Team Long Island - same coaches, same directors and possibly the same problems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He doesn’t impress me as a “great coach.”

This guy^^^ I have no idea about "24 East" but if you know anything about LI lax you know him and the clan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Isn' this program a "Reboot" of Team Long Island - same coaches, same directors and possibly the same problems[/quote
just a branch of 24 lax being run by the Reh's and Pete Mitchell.Doesnt get much better than that but im sure you will find some way to stir the pot.so please keep stirring while my child learns the game of lax from some of the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to start trouble. 24 Lacrosse... They don't have 2026 team or coaches listed for Nassau. Or am I missing something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to start trouble. 24 Lacrosse... They don't have 2026 team or coaches listed for Nassau. Or am I missing something?

It doesnt look like nassau had a 2026 team last year.
But they had tryouts for one this year. But they already occurred.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is overall a pretty junky program... they get people to come out that do not want to travel from mnahasset to Suffolk. The director, Alexander, is beyond pompous. They have 40+ kids at each age, with maybe 2 coaches at practice. I get it, they have nice uniforms... but they have zero recruits for college, don't win games/tournaments, are in the upper $$ range for fees, and have mediocre coaches that don't consistently show for practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is overall a pretty junky program... they get people to come out that do not want to travel from mnahasset to Suffolk. The director, Alexander, is beyond pompous. They have 40+ kids at each age, with maybe 2 coaches at practice. I get it, they have nice uniforms... but they have zero recruits for college, don't win games/tournaments, are in the upper $$ range for fees, and have mediocre coaches that don't consistently show for practice.

...but the swag is tight! ...and they have baby blue cages and igloo stickers on the garbage cans at practice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about stirring a pot. Every statement made above is incorrect. Guess your kid couldn’t make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesnt look like nassau had a 2026 team last year.
But they had tryouts for one this year. But they already occurred.

its 24 lax east (Suffolk)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express East? C’mon already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw that also. I would have looked into that had it not been announced after the regular Express tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw that also. I would have looked into that had it not been announced after the regular Express tryout.

Express East is not stating what tuition is nor exactly who coaches are for team. Not buying into a club which cant be upfront.

Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard