BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 2013 Nassau PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pictures were taken at the game and it is VERY clear who is in goal for GC. An eight year old, third grade boy who ONLY plays on this GC team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An updated roster today or tomorrow wouldnt prove any validation as to who was on that field yesterday, and that referee must have been not the referee that said 'he couldnt understand why gc couldnt show us a roster' so once again he said she said but what it does come down to is, not who won or lost or even the boys that played its about an arrogant coach who is teaching the kids the wrong rules of the sport... And as far as FS, we as parents are a tight nit comunity, who cheer on our kids regardless of winning or loseing, they are taught the RIGHT rules in all the sports they are involved in by very capable coaches, and when we see something not right we call bulls%$# and thats exactly what happened yesterday, so anyone can say anything about us FS parents but in the reality of it all, we wouldnt do anything difrently than we do already.
And that is TEACH OUR CHILDREN THE RIGHT WAY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you the coach , were you there , and can you spell??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol That's not at all what was said. Your saying a high schooler played with 3rd grade. Hahahaha, Obviously a way blown out of proportion exgerration. Please think before you post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do rules state you must bring a roster? I have coached many PAL games and never brought or seen one. You must always be right. Can't reason with ignorant

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ignorant and arrogant!!!!! But i wouldn't have expected anything less... I won't even stoop to your level....How pathetic after that lengthy post that THAT was your response...
AND FYI I'm not the coach. I am a parent who calls it as she sees it.... Parent to the FS goalie.... I don't need to be anonymous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having been at the game and witnessed what transpired at the end of the game, I was appauled and embarassed for FS. It is one thing to discuss an issue with the coach, but it is another thing all together to yell profanity at parents, especially in front of children! To make fun of someones clothing and degrade one another is completely unacceptable. The 8 year old GC goalie did an unbelievable job, and FS couldn't accept the loss. What a terrible example to set for your kids of how to lose gracefully. Shame on all of you for even making this an issue. Your kids played hard and you should've focused on their efforts rather than shouting cheater and making excuses. This seems to be the norm for FS. Never happens with any other town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC was unable to provide a lagitimate roster. Why is that? the roster they provided had 16 kids on it and they had 22 kids on that field yesterday, I am a parent of one of the players yesterday, so can someone please explain to me how when a roster is requested by the opposing teams coach, the response is 'um i don't have a correct roster all the kids are not on there" is'nt there some kind of rule about rosters and having them available and correct at games.

I have followed the debate and even spoken to some of the anonymous posters. It is cut and dry. GC had an 8 year old in cage, no older brothers or anything like that. GC is only guilty of having a faulty roster, meaninig they have 4 teams all with age appropriate kids but that the rosters for the individual teams may not reflect the actual kids playing on that team. I am a coach for a PAL team and we had to add a few kids to our roster after we submitted it to PAL. my town only has 40 kids playing so if you have 90-100 I can see this being a real problem. My opinion is that this is sloppy administrative leadership at GC but that's all. Nothing too controversial, no ringers, no older brothers, no win at all costs. From a BOTC perspective it's a little disappointing as there is really nothing to see here, other than the person who claimed there was an older brother in cage should have some accountability.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I have followed the debate and even spoken to some of the anonymous posters. It is cut and dry. GC had an 8 year old in cage, no older brothers or anything like that.
As we discussed earlier today, we have been given the identity of the goalie and have been satisfied that the age requirements are all proper. At this point, BOTC will be halting any further discussion of the age issues in this match. No accusers have produced proper documentation while those defending have supplied us with credible details.

GC is only guilty of having a faulty roster, meaninig they have 4 teams all with age appropriate kids but that the rosters for the individual teams may not reflect the actual kids playing on that team. I am a coach for a PAL team and we had to add a few kids to our roster after we submitted it to PAL. my town only has 40 kids playing so if you have 90-100 I can see this being a real problem. My opinion is that this is sloppy administrative leadership at GC but that's all. Nothing too controversial, no ringers, no older brothers, no win at all costs.
Lacrosse's loose rostering procedures is at the root of much of this discussion and certainly provides the genesis of the age questions. The fact that a roster can change from week-to-week in a league environment just makes no sense to us.

From a BOTC perspective it's a little disappointing as there is really nothing to see here, other than the person who claimed there was an older brother in cage should have some accountability.
As stated earlier today, BOTC can and did research the issue and we are satisfied that the information we have in hand is credible. We are convinced that our original posters claiming "foul" were not properly informed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
3rd Grade A Div

BEWARE OF GARDEN CITY - WHITE - Perisa CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!

They used an older brother to play goalie today against Franklin Square. Coach is constantly on the field and walks end line to end line to scream at his players.

Same coach who was penalized in football playoff game (also against FS) this season for SCREAMING "Hurt Him" as the FS QB ran all over his team.

DIRTBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOTC has been provided information today that documents that the age questions raised here are incorrect. We have been told that the keeper in question is a twin to another player on the team which could have certainly led to the conclusion of being an older brother.

As for the issue with the coach being on the field, that should be taken to the league organizing body. Regarding the football points, if you believed that story to be true, it was a situation that an "adult" would have handled six months ago during the football season.

This topic is now closed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why was the coaches last name able to be posted???? dont you block names??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
why was the coaches last name able to be posted???? dont you block names??
Please register and familiarize yourself with our Board Rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record I seem to remember a GC mom with a pretty big mouth, and no one from either team was cursing. your recollection is not 100%.... And no I'm not from either town in case you were wondering and yes I saw it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ignorant and arrogant!!!!! But i wouldn't have expected anything less... I won't even stoop to your level....How pathetic after that lengthy post that THAT was your response...
AND FYI I'm not the coach. I am a parent who calls it as she sees it.... Parent to the FS goalie.... I don't need to be anonymous

Call it correct. You lost. Your goalie gave up too many. No big deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right... We lost to a low rate team.... No biggie it won't happen again... And as far as MY GOALIE, ur taking that someplace you don't wanna go... But of coarse you gc adults like to stomp on kids, you must learn that from your coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was not at game not from either town, have been amused reading the Thread.However, if you want to make a negative comment about a Goalie especially an 8 year old you have problems. Anyone who is willing to stand in the cage at any age should be given Credit no matter what the out come is.

Yes A Goalies' DAD

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

There is an old adage that the goalie can only give up what the defense failed to protect. The defense gives up what the midfielders allowed to slip down field. The midfielders let players slip through since the offensive attack could not hold the ball.

Your goalie is your last line of defense, not the first or only.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Was not at game not from either town, have been amused reading the Thread.However, if you want to make a negative comment about a Goalie especially an 8 year old you have problems. Anyone who is willing to stand in the cage at any age should be given Credit no matter what the out come is.

Yes A Goalies' DAD
BOTC agrees. One thing to think about is that eight year olds rarely want to be the goalie unless you have that rare breed individual that thrives in the role. At these younger ages, everyone should get a taste of every field position - including goalie.

Once many parents see their child don the mask and head into the cage, the lesson is quickly learned - and often learned for a lifetime. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the really stupid comments on BOTC. You must be the proud father of an 8 year old midfielder who plays no defense b/c you yell take it to the cage and a as result of his lack of defense your goalie gets scored on and you blame the goalie not your son. I am the father of and coach of an 8 year old PAL player, we have the kids play all positions and we NEVER blame the goalie for a lost game. If we get ourscored its b/c there was a breakdown on our defense. Any 8 year old that steps into cage should be appluaded. B/c you seem like a tough guy let me break it down in terms you would understand, not-for-nuthin but thats why the kids "get their goalie" after a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a kid who plays lax and baseball (yes, there are a few who can do both), I find it hilarious that Franklin Square parents are running around pointing fingers and crying foul. Even more amusing that these accusations turned out to be unfounded.

Franklin Square has been involved in cheating scandals in district baseball for years. Older kids playing, kids from outside their boundaries, etc. Ask any coach who has fielded a team in District 29 ...

No wonder they see imaginary transgressions by everyone else!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is lacrosse not baseball, we dont care abot FS and baseball. Stick to the topic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recall Gc coach saying FS did a good job and so did the goalie.
So the issue is the truth , not FS and the great kids at FS and GC
Stop talk about the GC coach, FS goalie making it personal.
The only person wronged here is the GC coach.
He played he correct team , and was lied about, that the only issue,
So FS goalie mom stop it already, your son played great and all the boys did, we all ready discover , it was his team , kid was 8 ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the Pro Player Tournament thread there's a post from a couple of days ago about a FS team getting three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the same game ... apparently two due to the parents' behavior.

What's the deal with FS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets leave all FS parents out and all GC parents out , and all kids. Our town will play together for a long time, no one has to like each other but we should respect each other. No one wins here, lets not teach or kids hate!!!!! Someday they might be roommates in college or even get married.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is lacrosse not baseball, we dont care abot FS and baseball. Stick to the topic.

Ok, let's stick to lacrosse. Check out the Franklin Square lacrosse website. Go to the 5th grade girls team. 3 girls listed are from Garden City. It was 5 or 6 girls from Garden City a few weeks ago but I guess a few decided to leave. Under "yr" they actually have "GC guest". I am not calling them cheaters but I would think most on this forum would find this pretty strange. Maybe there is a perfectly good explanation for this. If so, I'd like to hear it. I wonder if they are on the Franklin Square PAL roster and listed by their correct address/town. I wonder if the proper PAL rules were followed for having girls from other towns play on the team. I wonder if that coach brings his PAL roster to the games and let's the other coach know that he has girls from another town on his team. I wonder. Cage, you can check this out for yourself before posting this. In fact, I'd like you check it out before posting this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also negative comments on Syosset Shootout thread. Seems there is a pattern and FS parents/coaches need to tone it down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the really stupid comments on BOTC. You must be the proud father of an 8 year old midfielder who plays no defense b/c you yell take it to the cage and a as result of his lack of defense your goalie gets scored on and you blame the goalie not your son. I am the father of and coach of an 8 year old PAL player, we have the kids play all positions and we NEVER blame the goalie for a lost game. If we get ourscored its b/c there was a breakdown on our defense. Any 8 year old that steps into cage should be appluaded. B/c you seem like a tough guy let me break it down in terms you would understand, not-for-nuthin but thats why the
kids "get their goalie" after a game.

The point of the comment was to the parent who "calls it like she sees it" Then call it correct you lost fair and square.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anybody should make judgments without having actual facts. Point being one of the parents at the pro player FS game was screaming because his son was on the ground hurt from a accidental throat check and he was trying to get the refs attention and was upset - Which after this occurred, both the ref apologized to him and said they would be the same way of it was their son (which you seem to have left out of your comment) I imagine most of us would react the same way at first.

I will admit at times we all get caught up in the competitive part of the game, there is nothing wrong with it. It's the fact that what ever you do makes print and it could be simply because you win or lose a game, we dot know each other personally but are fast to judge.

It's a shame that everything good bad or indifferent gets posted on this website for all to see, comment or judge. We are all adults and should be focusing our attention on the safety and happiness of our families and not a BS lax game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the really stupid comments on BOTC. You must be the proud father of an 8 year old midfielder who plays no defense b/c you yell take it to the cage and a as result of his lack of defense your goalie gets scored on and you blame the goalie not your son. I am the father of and coach of an 8 year old PAL player, we have the kids play all positions and we NEVER blame the goalie for a lost game. If we get ourscored its b/c there was a breakdown on our defense. Any 8 year old that steps into cage should be appluaded. B/c you seem like a tough guy let me break it down in terms you would understand, not-for-nuthin but thats why the
kids "get their goalie" after a game.

The point of the comment was to the parent who "calls it like she sees it" Then call it correct you lost fair and square.

losing fair and square is fair game in my book. insinuating that the 8 year golaie gave up too many is foolishness. Real simple (in my opionion), at 8 years old the goalie should catch anything thrown in the air from 15 or so feet out, should stop a good portion of bounce shots from similar distance and should not be expected to stop anything shot within 8-10 feet of the goal unless it hits him. As a coach, we are thankful to have a kid willing to play goalie at all and if he is a kid with decent stick skill we are crazy happy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also negative comments on Syosset Shootout thread. Seems there is a pattern and FS parents/coaches need to tone it down.

Starts with the coach and trickles down to parents and kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think it is all FS parents, its one or two, just like every town. I have never even heard of the web page until a few days ago. Seems like the only people who use it , use it for hate. Most comments are negative and easy to hide behind anonymous. Just like the start of the chat. People who are posting the negative comments are most likely the people at the game causing the problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Person Who Checks The FS Website,
I am the keeper of the girls site. The 'GC guest' status on the roster was due to girls playing with our Turf Island winter teram where we included girls who did not have a place to play. To make it easy to e-mail everyone for the TI games, I entered them so I could create a group. I forgot to 'de-activate' them so they do not show up on the site or the printable roster that the coach takes to th game. If you need confirmation what we infact have no GC girls playing, please check our submitted PAL roster used to register our team. We have a good relationship with GC and during the summer at St. Pauls, our girls play together. we also have played together with the GC girls in other occasions. Sorry if you all got confused but there is nothing un-toward happening. We are about the girls playing but playing fairly and friendly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone has way too much time on their hands, trolling around other threads trying to find negative comments made about Franklin Square. Not too mention you're bringing up an age group not even involved in the initial discussion. Every thread on this board has negative comments about many different town teams and travel teams. Syosset, Smithtown, West Islip, Jesters, Igloo, Express etc. So enough with your anonymous trash talking. This is a discussion thread about P.A.L not Franklin Square, however given the way all of you people love to go on and on about us maybe Cage should give us our own thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone has way too much time on their hands, trolling around other threads trying to find negative comments made about Franklin Square. Not too mention you're bringing up an age group not even involved in the initial discussion. Every thread on this board has negative comments about many different town teams and travel teams. Syosset, Smithtown, West Islip, Jesters, Igloo, Express etc. So enough with your anonymous trash talking. This is a discussion thread about P.A.L not Franklin Square, however given the way all of you people love to go on and on about us maybe Cage
should give us our own thread.

That's great grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to the lacrosse world, my son's pal coach told me. That the three coaches kids get to play the whole game in what ever position they want. Is this true.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to the lacrosse world, my son's pal coach told me. That the three coaches kids get to play the whole game in what ever position they want. Is this true.?

A lot of these guys coach because its the only way there kid will be treated like the best talent on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Yes A Goalies' DAD
BOTC agrees. One thing to think about is that eight year olds rarely want to be the goalie unless you have that rare breed individual that thrives in the role. At these younger ages, everyone should get a taste of every field position - including goalie.

Once many parents see their child don the mask and head into the cage, the lesson is quickly learned - and often learned for a lifetime. Think about it.

Thank you from a parent of 2 goalies... one that does thrive and has practiced over the years and one at age 8 that plays because no one else wants to and he does not mind... Never easy watching your kid in goal, especially during tough or close games and despite telling the goalie the loss or win is not owned by them alone, the loss of a game usually hurts much more than it should ,especially in a brave heart...

Even if my boys were not goalies, I always give props to anyone in the cage and will do so for the opposing goalie as well.

Our parents, and players have always been awesome to my older son and I hope to find the same experience with my "new" goalie.

Anyone that blames an 8 year old goalie is ridiculously low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 12 year old goalie who stops 50% of the shots is considered a good goalie. If an 8 year old stops 20% of the shots I consider him a good goalie. So do the math every 10 shots on goal he's only stopping 2 of them. Give the goalies a break there are only little kids ! Most goals are stopped juts by shear luck before their natural instict at that age is to throw it to him not around him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 12 year old goalie who stops 50% of the shots is considered a good goalie. If an 8 year old stops 20% of the shots I consider him a good goalie. So do the math every 10 shots on goal he's only stopping 2 of them. Give the goalies a break there are only little kids ! Most goals are stopped juts by shear luck before their natural instict at that age is to throw it to him not around him.

If a D1 goalie stops 50% of the shots he's considered a good goalie. 60% and your a legend. It's an offensive game and you're supposed to score goals.
Goalie Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 goalies in D-1 are above 60% and 41 are above 50%.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard