BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think everyone is waiting until next Monday and Wednesday. Express tryouts are then.

Honestly, why bother? If Chan has not asked you son to play for his team, his won’t be asked because of tryouts.

You will be then placed on one of 2 or 3 other teams with no rhythm or reason. Zero cuts! At least Rebels, T91, United limited the number of teams. Express has no cuts. Now there will be 2 kids on your son’s team who can’t catch and throw.

What info has Express offered? Pricing? Coaches? What is offered in exchange for your hard earned $? Tourneys?

Total crap shoot...

Total money grab the whole darn program! Last year the put out 4 teams at the 2022 level. 3 of the 4 were not even competitive at all! I'm saying this from the perspective of me paying to watch my kid lose nearly every game. My kid did not get better that is what make me angry. Chan only cares about 1 team and that's his team. All the other 3 were really pretty bad!

I could never understand Express. 2022’s had 4 teams with a total of over 100 players. $380,000!!!!!!’ Yet zero effort to create a true 2 nd team that could compete. No effort to keep the coaches and players together for a few seasons so they can become a team. Even from a selfish Express point of view....... throw some bones the players and attempt to keep parents happy with communication so that next season they could make another $380,000 + tuition hike) with 4 teams!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear if igloo made their phone calls?

Who cares? They are done on the lacrosse scene!

why are the done??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is waiting until next Monday and Wednesday. Express tryouts are then.

Honestly, why bother? If Chan has not asked you son to play for his team, his won’t be asked because of tryouts.

You will be then placed on one of 2 or 3 other teams with no rhythm or reason. Zero cuts! At least Rebels, T91, United limited the number of teams. Express has no cuts. Now there will be 2 kids on your son’s team who can’t catch and throw.

What info has Express offered? Pricing? Coaches? What is offered in exchange for your hard earned $? Tourneys?

Total crap shoot...

Total money grab the whole darn program! Last year the put out 4 teams at the 2022 level. 3 of the 4 were not even competitive at all! I'm saying this from the perspective of me paying to watch my kid lose nearly every game. My kid did not get better that is what make me angry. Chan only cares about 1 team and that's his team. All the other 3 were really pretty bad!

Speak for yourself. Great experience on the Schwalje team last year. Schwalje and CoachMor are a great coaching duo. And Coach CoachMor was just named the new head varsity coach at Kellenberg and Coach Schwalje, now at NYIT, are the best you can get. Bash all you want, but all it means is you weren’t part of the team.

Great experience? You spent thousands of dollars for them to lie to you saying it was an A team. Then you enter in tournaments in the B division and still lose. If that is what you consider a great experience then go for it. I understand wins and loses mean nothing, but when the thieves promise one thing and deliver another that is where the real issue comes in!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total crap shoot...

Speak for yourself. Great experience on the Schwalje team last year. Schwalje and CoachMor are a great coaching duo. And Coach CoachMor was just named the new head varsity coach at Kellenberg and Coach Schwalje, now at NYIT, are the best you can get. Bash all you want, but all it means is you weren’t part of the team.

So everyone knows..... Coach Schwalje was a no show name, no D coach and a sub .500 record...... all for $3,800.

Still no reason for lack of communication......just pay up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha ,right

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total crap shoot...

So everyone knows..... Coach Schwalje was a no show name, no D coach and a sub .500 record...... all for $3,800.

So you were obviously not on the team. Why comment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total crap shoot...

And if your son is attending Kellenberg, why would tryout for the Schwalje/CoachMor team. Kinda silly not to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand what all the anger toward the Rebels is about. If some people are thrilled by them for whatever reason, Ah Salute God Bless. It has no bearing on anyone else. Why attack others for being impressed by what they're seeing from the Rebels so far? Some agenda maybe? In recent years the top programs have shown complete indifference toward non-AA players and the parents. You cant blame people for looking elsewhere for their son's development. Like I said, what the heck do you care if someone else is praising the Rebels program? Competition for business is a good thing and will hopefully bring about better programs all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand what all the anger toward the Rebels is about. If some people are thrilled by them for whatever reason, Ah Salute God Bless. It has no bearing on anyone else. Why attack others for being impressed by what they're seeing from the Rebels so far? Some agenda maybe? In recent years the top programs have shown complete indifference toward non-AA players and the parents. You cant blame people for looking elsewhere for their son's development. Like I said, what the heck do you care if someone else is praising the Rebels program? Competition for business is a good thing and will hopefully bring about better programs all around.

Maybe it is fueled by a feeling worthlessness and some sort personal inadequacy? It’s like the term “money grab” these are for profit businesses with lotsa competition. If I let them grab my money, that’s my business. If I don’t do the research and ask questions to the point that I am comfortable, that’s on me, not the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of people are jealous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on.......amen.
Maybe this will wake up the big clubs.....I have recieved more feed back from Rebels with one tryout from 5 years with the big club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOVE the competition - guys like Chanicheck and partners are a dying breed - not "dead" but dying. They grabbed easy money for a long time, but now they have to actually compete, and that's a total different environment than the Express monopoly that have had for years.

For loyal Express folks, you should be thankful, because these guys will now be forced to offer a better product, not the "bait and switch" kind that infuriates any semi-coherent human being/consumer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United Coach Marksberry was not a D2 player, he was a D3 player. Ithaca College is Div III. Dingleberry and his crew get on this site and try to promote his team. He promised parents he would not take more than 23 kids last year, but kept adding kids until he had 30. Kept adding kids throughout the year. He even added two kids after the first summer tournament. He will do the same this year.

The team had really good players, but when you add 8 extra kids, the team could not gel. Anyone who showed up to practices throughout the year to "Try Out" was added. He took everyone. Now he is thinking of making 2 teams. Total money grab. The team lost to two school teams, beaten at Tristar in AA (lost all games except 1 consolation game), beaten at NLF in the lowest B bracket. All because of bad coaching.

The coach lies and tells you what you want to hear. There were 60 kids at the tryout because he held tryouts for 2022 and 2027. Run from this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOVE the competition - guys like Chanicheck and partners are a dying breed - not "dead" but dying. They grabbed easy money for a long time, but now they have to actually compete, and that's a total different environment than the Express monopoly that have had for years.

For loyal Express folks, you should be thankful, because these guys will now be forced to offer a better product, not the "bait and switch" kind that infuriates any semi-coherent human being/consumer

I don’t think anybody remembers or took economics. Rising prices and rising competition means an unsustainable model. It was fine during the travel boom of the last 5-7 years, but now the numbers are leveling out and competition is growing in the form of new clubs and town travel programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son was at East Coast Elite last night. Like what they are saying. Solid 2022 group with looked like 45-50 kids trying out. The fields looked full to me. This program should take off. We left a north shore program (think under same roof).They have very good coaching at all levels. Got the rundown on Ducks. 2 coaches left to start another program. Main guys stayed and rebranded it into East Coast Elite.
Prices are very fair and they train over winter more than everyone else with trainers. We giving it a shot.

Lets be straight here. You did not get the truth.
5 Ducks coaches left and are part of the new team R. U. S. H.
Jeffares, Faulkner, Coleman, McIntee, Spruyt
All experienced coaches

Dynamic Lacrosse then formed East Coast Elite lacrosse
That has 5 experienced coaches from Ducks
Rooney, Meehan, Doller, Rimmer, Biondilio
Then 3 recently graduated college kids from Ducks. Graduated 2017 and 2018.
Andrews, Sirico, Gonzalez

4 other coaches are not with either organization

As for 2022 with East Coast Elite lacrosse, they only list fir coaching
Meehan as the head coach
Pickel - a young kid still in college

Thats not much of a coaching staff. Basically only a head coach.
And your paying $2500. Not cheap for limited staff.

You need to research more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had Igloo called anyone to offer positions for the two at this age group?

If so which team?

Which is the better Igloo team, Artic?

Thx!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of people are jealous.

Jealous of what? My kid can get on any B team he wants, the question always boils down to what make you happy. If going into a season with an inexperienced head coach and an assistant coach with no creds that's your business. I personally will spend my money elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United Coach Marksberry was not a D2 player, he was a D3 player. Ithaca College is Div III. Dingleberry and his crew get on this site and try to promote his team. He promised parents he would not take more than 23 kids last year, but kept adding kids until he had 30. Kept adding kids throughout the year. He even added two kids after the first summer tournament. He will do the same this year.

The team had really good players, but when you add 8 extra kids, the team could not gel. Anyone who showed up to practices throughout the year to "Try Out" was added. He took everyone. Now he is thinking of making 2 teams. Total money grab. The team lost to two school teams, beaten at Tristar in AA (lost all games except 1 consolation game), beaten at NLF in the lowest B bracket. All because of bad coaching.

The coach lies and tells you what you want to hear. There were 60 kids at the tryout because he held tryouts for 2022 and 2027. Run from this team.

OK your entitled to your opinion. If your kid played for him you would not say those things. Yes he added more kids than we the parents wanted but as far as his coaching ability you are dead wrong the man know lacrosse! Your kid will be held accountable and will get corrected if he makes mistakes but he will get better because of it, and that what this is all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had Igloo called anyone to offer positions for the two at this age group?

If so which team?

Which is the better Igloo team, Artic?

Thx!

Be lucky to get on either team... both teams have exceptional dedicated coaches and the organization treats them the same - equally as important... no guest players, no hold backs, no 35 team member rosters..... okay there are a few crazy parents but doesn't every org?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the LI Knights program out of Kings Park?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not bashing here just saying they are a B team no two ways about it. They are comprised of the Smithtown kids aren't on the A or AA teams. From what I hear they have great coaching and a good group of kids. If your not looking to compete in the top tournaments they will be a good choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ehhhhh......mostly hockey players that work lax around hockey season.

2 good coaches, 1 knucklehead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total crap shoot...

OK Enlighten us, what made playing for Express so great? Was it the coaching? Doubt it. Was it the fact that you were promised an A team and barely got a B team? Doubt it. Was it the fact that Chan told you that if your kid was a stand out player he would get pulled up to his team and play there? Doubt it cause it never happened. So what was so great please tell us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone with info in when United will be giving info on who made the team? and please no negative comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want about the Rebels but darn, they are giving away a TON of bling for your tuition. Even some for Mom and Dad.....

Let see if T91 and Express start to pony up!!!!!!

At least 91 has an indoor facilty to tout.

Gonna be interesting.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Dingleberry knows lacrosse, he kept it to himself. United didn't win a single tournament. It was not because of the kids, it was Marksberry's coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want about the Rebels but darn, they are giving away a TON of bling for your tuition. Even some for Mom and Dad.....

No one in their right mind should be choosing a club based on what their bling package looks like. Unless of course you're driving a Chrysler 300 with after market rims, then it all makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one in their right mind should be choosing a club based on what their bling package looks like. Unless of course you're driving a Chrysler 300 with after market rims, then it all makes sense.

I agree about the package. That you get a bathing suit and socks and extra outfits shouldnt impress that much. Although including helmet and gloves, since teams seem to no longer be including that which does cost extra, is a nice perk.

But mostly what impresses is the open communication, and training model. In the end that is what really sells Rebels. You just dont see it anywhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude..... after 2 kids and 10 seasons of club lax, I can’t afford new rims on my 300! Thx for ruining my weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Empire took a ton of Ward Melville kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nearly all the good kids left for other teams from the Green team so they needed to try something. I heard they will barely have enough to field one team. Sounds like once the old coach left the program left with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Dingleberry knows lacrosse, he kept it to himself. United didn't win a single tournament. It was not because of the kids, it was Marksberry's coaching.

I assume you had a kid on the team? So did I and it wasn't the coach it was the lack of quality players! 9D1 picked his team based on who kisses who's A$$ not on talent. Now he can pick his own kids and there will be no excuses!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was at United tryouts and there were a ton of Empire helmets so what does that tell you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree about the package. That you get a bathing suit and socks and extra outfits shouldnt impress that much. Although including helmet and gloves, since teams seem to no longer be including that which does cost extra, is a nice perk.

But mostly what impresses is the open communication, and training model. In the end that is what really sells Rebels. You just dont see it anywhere else.

Giving people all the info is very useful, but having a coach with any experience or having the same team as Outlaws Select last year is not gonna help you win. I will say its gotta be better than having PB yelling on the sidelines meanwhile having no clue what he's talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think anybody remembers or took economics. Rising prices and rising competition means an unsustainable model. It was fine during the travel boom of the last 5-7 years, but now the numbers are leveling out and competition is growing in the form of new clubs and town travel programs

ahhh a decently intelligent quote - be careful, that is frowned upon in this world. I wasn't sure the principles of economics applied in this god-forsaken environment of lacrosse. If people just stopped acting scared and kissing butt, it would force these meglomaniac club owners to act like normal business owners

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop. Makes Zero sense. The 3V elite team is better and the school is back
To back state champs. Those kids are going to Empire. I did not “hear” that! It’s common sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son was at East Coast Elite last night. Like what they are saying. Solid 2022 group with looked like 45-50 kids trying out. The fields looked full to me. This program should take off. We left a north shore program (think under same roof).They have very good coaching at all levels. Got the rundown on Ducks. 2 coaches left to start another program. Main guys stayed and rebranded it into East Coast Elite.
Prices are very fair and they train over winter more than everyone else with trainers. We giving it a shot.

Lets be straight here. You did not get the truth.
5 Ducks coaches left and are part of the new team R. U. S. H.
Jeffares, Faulkner, Coleman, McIntee, Spruyt
All experienced coaches

Dynamic Lacrosse then formed East Coast Elite lacrosse
That has 5 experienced coaches from Ducks
Rooney, Meehan, Doller, Rimmer, Biondilio
Then 3 recently graduated college kids from Ducks. Graduated 2017 and 2018.
Andrews, Sirico, Gonzalez

4 other coaches are not with either organization

As for 2022 with East Coast Elite lacrosse, they only list fir coaching
Meehan as the head coach
Pickel - a young kid still in college

Thats not much of a coaching staff. Basically only a head coach.
And your paying $2500. Not cheap for limited staff.

You need to research more.

I know McIntee, jeffares and spruet- they coach but with what results?
And I'm not talking about winning some local 8 year old tournament
I have No idea who the other guys are

As for East Coast Elite
Rooney is heck of a player and was NYIT assistant last year
Messina coached at Farmingdale and now varsity assistant at sayville
Dollar has been coaching varsity at sayville very successfully for years , they won a couple Championships and are right there every year
Biondilo or Joe B is varsity assistant at one of the schemes
Rimmer is excellent coach and been coaching since he left dowling years ago
Meehan is excellent coach and new head coach at bayport
The young Pickel is at stonybrook and makes for a great assistant
Sirico graduated from Loyola were he had great career, he may be out 2 years now

They also list 2 more varsity head coaches from Nassau county for their 2025 team

I've been around lax long enough to spot a coach and a successful one.
If you want to speak on coaching staffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok...so what does Rebels cost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop. Makes Zero sense. The 3V elite team is better and the school is back
To back state champs. Those kids are going to Empire. I did not “hear” that! It’s common sense

Stop? Must have been at least 20 Ward Melville Kids at Empire tryouts and one of the new coaches is a Ward Melville Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Legacy at this age? Not in any of this discussion....

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard