BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any information about the new 2023 Green Turtle team? Is it just Lax World rebranded with the same players? Who will be the coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I imagine it will just be the 2023 Lax World team rebranded. GT didn’t field a 2023 team last year and Towson is saturated with teams so I don’t see where they get new kids from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Questions for this season with tryouts:

1. How many 2022's move down to play at 2023? Do they displace many to a new team?
2. How many teams play elite?
3. Which teams will be most/least improved?
4. Seems like many clubs are consolidating or changing uniforms (DCD) is this a limited supply demand issue?
5. Do any clubs have a second team (b) that is worth anything?

This is an important year to get to the right team before HS where tryouts do not change as much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I imagine it will just be the 2023 Lax World team rebranded. GT didn’t field a 2023 team last year and Towson is saturated with teams so I don’t see where they get new kids from.

The team will practice as Loyola’a Ridley Field so not a Towson club, is it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. How many 2022's move down to play at 2023? Do they displace many to a new team?
4. Seems like many clubs are consolidating or changing uniforms (DCD) is this a limited supply demand issue?

This is an important year to get to the right team before HS where tryouts do not change as much.

Looneys will be most improved. Crabs can only go up after this past year.. FCA will hold since it guarantees each returning player a spot. 91 Md should drop to AA or A but I guess there is a market for people to play on a team that calls itself elite even though it lost every game in that division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys will be most improved. Crabs can only go up after this past year.. FCA will hold since it guarantees each returning player a spot. 91 Md should drop to AA or A but I guess there is a market for people to play on a team that calls itself elite even though it lost every game in that division.

It will be between DC Dogs and Hawks to win it all. Looneys, Crabs, FCA and 91 will have the same results as last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess they should change their entire website and tryout flyer since it says “Green Turtle Lacrosse Club Towson”. They have historically got kids from the Towson area, but you knew that. Way to add absolutely nothing to the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be between DC Dogs and Hawks to win it all. Looneys, Crabs, FCA and 91 will have the same results as last year.

DC Dogs getting lefty attackman from NL? He played w them at NLF. Crabs will gain attackman and defender that played on their 22 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC Dogs getting lefty attackman from NL? He played w them at NLF. Crabs will gain attackman and defender that played on their 22 team.

Still between DC Dogs and Hawks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both are trying out for Hawks too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Looneys will be most improved. Crabs can only go up after this past year.. FCA will hold since it guarantees each returning player a spot. 91 Md

Still between DC Dogs and Hawks.
[/quote]

That is a good matchup and will be the finals repeat but I think NL is also in the elite division mix along with DCE, LOONEY, crabs, FCA all competing for 3rd and 4th place. Who will be the last team in or will they expand to 10 or retract to 6 or will 91 do another year? Tryout results and fall play day tournaments should help determine this. Sadly this is the last year for these kids where W and L's really matter much to the kids at the club level. Next year it is all about showcasing and how they play. HS team is where the wins and losses will matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess they should change their entire website and tryout flyer since it says “Green Turtle Lacrosse Club Towson”. They have historically got kids from the Towson area, but you knew that. Way to add absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Oh, well if it says “Towson” but practices in the City it is a Towson club. So only people that live in Towson will be interested. Makes sense. Maybe they can add elite to the team, then it will be an elite rather than A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, well if it says “Towson” but practices in the City it is a Towson club. So only people that live in Towson will be interested. Makes sense. Maybe they can add elite to the team, then it will be an elite rather than A team.

Easy there girl. If you look at surrounding area, Towson is one of easiest drives to place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the hawks coaches going to change this year or are they still going to have the daddy ball issues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the hawks coaches going to change this year or are they still going to have the daddy ball issues?

If that is what daddy ball these days, sign my kid up. Oh wait, you are right, let’s have the recent college X grade coach just to say the team has no dad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What daddy ball issues? The team blew through HOCO, Had a great summer. Why would they change coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the 2023 grade year, which clubs from last season extend automatic invites to returning players rather than having a true open tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the buzz on tryouts for Crabs? Any of the strong players that left in past years returning? Any stars leaving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by My Balls in your throat
Originally Posted by Hawks stink

What daddy ball issues? The team blew through HOCO, Had a great summer. Why would they change coaches?

Just because they win doesn't mean there aren't several disgruntled parents/kids. Hawks have a problem with daddy ball across the entire organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because they win doesn't mean there aren't several disgruntled parents/kids. Hawks have a problem with daddy ball across the entire organization.

If there weren't any dad coaches you most likely wouldn't have many teams to chose from. I don't know many young college D1 players who can put the time in that the dad coaches put in without pay and work a full time job . You are going to have unhappy parents and kids on every team. I am assuming if the Hawks team is beating the teams with High School coaches and D1 coaches then they must be doing something right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Love to troll hawks parents

If there weren't any dad coaches you most likely wouldn't have many teams to chose from. I don't know many young college D1 players who can put the time in that the dad coaches put in without pay and work a full time job . You are going to have unhappy parents and kids on every team. I am assuming if the Hawks team is beating the teams with High School coaches and D1 coaches then they must be doing something right!

Yep - they run a fantastic 3-3 zone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I understand the bigger issue with the parents/kids is the zone defense. Either that or they are just tired of winning. However, for my final answer I will go with not enough playing time for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to a previous poster, now that RM is taking over, 50% of the last year's team is cut and heads will roll with this year's team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams will have that. Do you think those same parents will feel better if they are getting the same amount of minutes, same roles if next year it is other kids besides the coaches on the team? Answer is "No" I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1 coaches son doesn't make the team. It has happened before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As Motley Crue said, "girl don't go away mad, girl just go away"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Rednecks

A Motley Crue quote from a hawks RN parent. Perfect!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It all starts with crabs tonight ... invites start going out after the tryout and players come off the board ... big crab hand picks the team to coach this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It all starts with crabs tonight ... invites start going out after the tryout and players come off the board ... big crab hand picks the team to coach this year

How many of last season’s 22’s will be there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has to be the goalie dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Find a real club
Originally Posted by Daddy ball

Has to be the goalie dad.

Could be any one of the RN parents. They love motley crue, 33 zones, and moon shine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love daddy ball...paid coaches are OVER RATED...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2023 getting a new goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's surprising. He's pretty good (albeit a bit emotional).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is the 'old' one going? He was a stud!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hawks 2023 getting a new goalie

we will see, isn't that what tryouts are for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, you’re telling me that Hawks already had their tryouts and you saw who was there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the 2023 goalie that played on Hawks 2022 dropping down to play with Hawks or going elsewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trying to create drama... Win or lose, Hawks 2023 are relatively drama-free. Sorry the rest of you can't enjoy the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the 2023 goalie that played on Hawks 2022 dropping down to play with Hawks or going elsewhere?

This is very sad both goalie dad's posting to try to get the other goalie not to attend a tryout or something. You both must know each other but posting about rising 8th graders? I hope future college coaches know that they are getting crazy parents which only hurts the recruiting chances with some coaches.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard