BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 35 36
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Props to Team LI 2023 in the Warrior All-American Games at UMass. (i know, i know, a money grab and rigged and whatever). Maybe the only time every other region was rooting for LI. After Team Mid-Atlantic beat them in pool play, the DC-MD boys continued to deploy stall tactics and pick fights and walk after goals to run out the clock with their coach proudly claiming it was within the rules. Sheesh. Nice to see LI gave them a smackdown in the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team is Mid-Atlantic coach from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of S2S is still planning on having 2 teams at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the real story behind the shakeup at S2S?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also nice to see a non stacked team-- an actual honest tryout with good kids

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Props to Team LI 2023 in the Warrior All-American Games at UMass. (i know, i know, a money grab and rigged and whatever). Maybe the only time every other region was rooting for LI. After Team Mid-Atlantic beat them in pool play, the DC-MD boys continued to deploy stall tactics and pick fights and walk after goals to run out the clock with their coach proudly claiming it was within the rules. Sheesh. Nice to see LI gave them a smackdown in the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team of kids whose teams did not qualify for the wsyl.Take it easy & enjoy the moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah ok-- you had five kids who were at the wsyl....guess you were at neither---

A team of kids whose teams did not qualify for the wsyl.Take it easy & enjoy the moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shouldn't Their top team lost the majority of their games, and their second team didn't win at all. One isn't an "A" team, and the other isn't a "B"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually that isn’t true. There were a handful of kids that played on qualifying teams. Time to move on from the WSYL, its over cooked. Enjoy your memories, They also went the “superstar” route last year with the “superstar” coach. They didn’t win, funny things happen when you don’t bring older kids to your WSYL teams. Maybe make you a regular coach. We will enjoy the moment and move on accordingly, seems you haven’t reached that point yet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the story with Igloo A? Did they lose a bunch of players? Seems like a couple of teams fell apart after WSYL. Kind of disheartening as a team putting the amount of time, effort and money into making it to WSYL to have kids leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shouldn't Their top team lost the majority of their games, and their second team didn't win at all. One isn't an "A" team, and the other isn't a "B"

Truth, plus narcissistic owner mentality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does their A team not winning all their games have to do with anything? Express, Igloo, 90+1 all have A team’s that didn’t win all their games and they still have B teams. The S2S B team won a few or came close. Not terrible for their 1 st season. The Express C team is worse and they still exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL blows the Warrior games out of the water. Shouldn't even be spoken about in the same sentence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL blows the Warrior games out of the water. Shouldn't even be spoken about in the same sentence.

You know it’s two complete different type of events, right? One is a team based tournament the other is a player based tournament. You know you can’t send your team to the warrior games, right? Warrior is a fun, end of season event, much like a camp. It’s a place for kids to enjoy Lacrosse and meet new friends on the teams and play against kids from other parts of the country. You also know that WYSL and Warrior Games are run and sponsored by the same companies, right? Do you want me to end or should we keep at it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the story with Igloo A? Did they lose a bunch of players? Seems like a couple of teams fell apart after WSYL. Kind of disheartening as a team putting the amount of time, effort and money into making it to WSYL to have kids leave.

Why do you think they lost kids? Where would they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that happens to many of the big clubs. They put these teams together for the Soul purpose, to try and win the WSYL and it breaks these teams up the following year be the The loyal ones finally see the truth, and end up leaving the next year !! WSYL is a joke. Its not for the kids, it for the CLUBS. BIG MONEY MAKER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know it’s two complete different type of events, right? One is a team based tournament the other is a player based tournament. You know you can’t send your team to the warrior games, right? Warrior is a fun, end of season event, much like a camp. It’s a place for kids to enjoy Lacrosse and meet new friends on the teams and play against kids from other parts of the country. You also know that WYSL and Warrior Games are run and sponsored by the same companies, right? Do you want me to end or should we keep at it?

I'd respectfully disagree as many of the WSYL teams are not teams during the rest of the season since there is an age cutoff. Just off the top of my head:

Team Israel, Michigan, Colorado, Big 5, Evolve were teams formed from kids from several regular season clubs. Long Island is the outlier i think in having closer to pure teams since their school year lends itself more to the age cutoff for the WSYL and their talent depth on the top teams is stronger.

Additionally, I'd argue that most of the kids enjoyed the pomp and circumstance and meeting new kids and the chance to play with new kids on their own teams and other teams in the hotel and other events to be the best part of that tournament.

I don't think any tournament can compete from an overall "experience" to the WSYL but that comes with a pretty big cost as well. I personally like that there are so many different offerings for kids (some more competitive, some more about the "experience", some a hybrid). It's unfortunate that people feel the need to compare them and challenge which one is the best rather than embrace the choices and participate in the ones that fit your team/players goals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cause Igloo is a RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. For what you pay you dont get close to that back in production(practices, coaches, etc)
From what I understand they raised their prices again and the girls program has 1 team and they are raising them 25%.....1 elite team i mean

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone stirring the pot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

playing time, and politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B.S. Who was missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear anything about the rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you guys thought for a moment that kids are leaving top programs because they want to:
1. Play with friends
2. Tired of not being able to play a second sport that they love (Most of the kids from the top teams this year played lax from early June to the end of July)
3. Parents are tired of traveling all over the place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

playing time, and politics.

It depends on who you ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the igloo tryouts did not look like they lost any kids. There were some good talent there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tryout camp had low talent. Too much self promotion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone stirring the pot

Why is this stirring the pot? I think it is a valid question. If you are on a top team there are only so many choices of where you move to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went and there wasn't enopugh talent to field a weak B team. We won't be going back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone stirring the pot

Why is this stirring the pot? I think it is a valid question. If you are on a top team there are only so many choices of where you move to.

You move to another top team or stay where you are. You don't go from an'A' program to a 'B' program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year was that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went and there wasn't enopugh talent to field a weak B team. We won't be going back

40+ Kids at a pretryout camp, I was pretty impressed with the level of talent. I accepted my sons invite, and my sons 2 friends who got invite (talented kids) also accepted, so not sure what pot you are trying to stir. Maybe your kids didn't get an invitation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this has no backing, was a tryouts, and was very talent filled. Not sure who just showed up or who took spots but from the talent at the tryouts can definitely be a very solid team. My son didn't make after first tryouts but will try to make it again at the next one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you guys thought for a moment that kids are leaving top programs because they want to:
1. Play with friends
2. Tired of not being able to play a second sport that they love (Most of the kids from the top teams this year played lax from early June to the end of July)

4. The cost money grabs !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone stirring the pot

You move to another top team or stay where you are. You don't go from an'A' program to a 'B' program.

This is clearly a parent talking here. Kids want to play with friends and get on the field. You think anyone knows the bandits have a 2nd faceoff kid that's better than the coaches son or any of the other top players on that team that do not play. Parents need to listen to their kids and not their own selfish pride. Your player on a top team cannot be seen or get better sitting the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Play with friends

4. The cost money grabs !!

The prices some of these clubs are asking for is crazy. What's even more crazy some will give whatever is asked, no questions asked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone stirring the pot

This is clearly a parent talking here. Kids want to play with friends and get on the field. You think anyone knows the bandits have a 2nd faceoff kid that's better than the coaches son or any of the other top players on that team that do not play. Parents need to listen to their kids and not their own selfish pride. Your player on a top team cannot be seen or get better sitting the bench.

It's called drinking the cool aid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of S2S is still planning on having 2 teams at this age?

We'll see what happens at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does their A team not winning all their games have to do with anything? Express, Igloo, 90+1 all have A team’s that didn’t win all their games and they still have B teams. The S2S B team won a few or came close. Not terrible for their 1 st season. The Express C team is worse and they still exist.

B team struggled as it's their first year. Needs to improve at most positions. Everything was well organized. Training was very good. We liked the coach. Not sure why he left. My hunch is the team he went to will be practicing closer to home/work. My sons liked him. Dont know anything about the new guy. My son is going to try changing to middle so not sure what teams he'll make after all the tryouts. heck be trying out for s2s again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope everyone find the right team for their son this year. They are 8th graders now. Some will be on MS teams, some JV, Some Varsity, They need to be playing period. Riding the bench to be on an A team is notIntelligent..

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard