The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 09:20 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 08:24 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 07:58 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 07:08 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 11:29 AM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,766
Posts255,136
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 41 1 2 37 38 39 40 41
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284519
05/07/19 08:38 AM
05/07/19 08:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
So basically, what I’m getting is that only 6-8 teams in the MD/VA/DMV areas are worthy of being deemed club level, and anyone playing in a division lower than AAA is more or less a lowly rec team and is having their money stolen from them.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of those teams in the lower divisions are only paying a few hundred bucks to be coached by ex division 1 college lacrosse players and get the “club” experience at an affordable rate for the parents...as opposed to the several thousand dollars that are being paid to play on the big name clubs in the elite division. Who’s really getting their money stolen?

Most of your kids aren’t getting full rides to go play college lacrosse, and for the ones that do, you’re pretty much paying for it on the front end anyway when you start them off in these high dollar clubs from the time they can walk.

In no way am I saying that the teams in the AA, A, and B divisions can hang with the elite level teams, but you might surprised at the talent level on some of the teams down there.

I’ve seen games at the AA LEVEL and I’m sorry it’s bad lacrosse.

I completely agree; there may be a few kids on these teams that could play at a higher level but overall its just poor lacrosse. The recs are trying to hold on to as many kids as they can due to the fact that the clubs are taking all the talent away from them so you get HLC, PLC and FLC spinning the 'we are a club' flag when really all they are is taking the parents money to put a poor product on the field. Just enjoy the process but please don't compare the coaching at the club/rec level to what is being coached at the elite level programs. It is not even close and the main reason kids leave for club.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284531
05/07/19 10:52 AM
05/07/19 10:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So basically, what I’m getting is that only 6-8 teams in the MD/VA/DMV areas are worthy of being deemed club level, and anyone playing in a division lower than AAA is more or less a lowly rec team and is having their money stolen from them.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of those teams in the lower divisions are only paying a few hundred bucks to be coached by ex division 1 college lacrosse players and get the “club” experience at an affordable rate for the parents...as opposed to the several thousand dollars that are being paid to play on the big name clubs in the elite division. Who’s really getting their money stolen?

Most of your kids aren’t getting full rides to go play college lacrosse, and for the ones that do, you’re pretty much paying for it on the front end anyway when you start them off in these high dollar clubs from the time they can walk.

In no way am I saying that the teams in the AA, A, and B divisions can hang with the elite level teams, but you might surprised at the talent level on some of the teams down there.

With 12 scholarships per D1 team, I hope no one is expecting a full scholarship for lacrosse.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284536
05/07/19 12:12 PM
05/07/19 12:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks need to learn how to play lacrosse. This isn’t football. Can’t wait to play them on a dry field

And to think I came on here to compliment the Crabs and defend them against all these haters. Way to be a good sport. So here goes- the Crabs played good and competed well against the Hawks. Their goalies did a great job. Let’s be positive and give credit to the 11 year olds who are giving you something to talk about.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284543
05/07/19 04:34 PM
05/07/19 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just want to let all the new LAX dads (and the older ones that are obtuse) that they need to learn to shut up during the game. You are not helping your son's team by coaching from the sidelines. The boys needs to learn to listen to their coach. Most of the time you don't know what the coach wants them to do. So, shut up and just cheer for good plays.

And, the refs don't get paid by the other team's coach. (This is more for the Bethesda dads.)

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284550
05/07/19 09:52 PM
05/07/19 09:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A majority of the kids from elite down to B will all end up in the same boat...playing D3 college lacrosse somewhere. There will be some exceptions...

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284560
05/08/19 10:04 AM
05/08/19 10:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A majority of the kids from elite down to B will all end up in the same boat...playing D3 college lacrosse somewhere. There will be some exceptions...

Can't be possible, I was promised that my kid would get a full ride to an Ivy if he played for an Elite club in 5th grade. Have I been lied to?

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284561
05/08/19 10:29 AM
05/08/19 10:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be possible, I was promised that my kid would get a full ride to an Ivy if he played for an Elite club in 5th grade. Have I been lied to?

Another parent who thinks its about 'getting a ride'! How about my son plays elite because he wants to simply play at a high level with kids that are talented and can throw and catch? Sorry you son didn't make a AAA or Elite level club team; tell him to keep working hard.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284562
05/08/19 10:45 AM
05/08/19 10:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another parent who thinks its about 'getting a ride'! How about my son plays elite because he wants to simply play at a high level with kids that are talented and can throw and catch? Sorry you son didn't make a AAA or Elite level club team; tell him to keep working hard.

The realization has set in that he was scammed out of his money for "club" lacrosse when he got out of his 5 mile circle and realized his kids team stinks and he could have paid a 1,000 less to play rec. So he'll go to the "getting a ride" comment to feel better

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284563
05/08/19 11:06 AM
05/08/19 11:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The realization has set in that he was scammed out of his money for "club" lacrosse when he got out of his 5 mile circle and realized his kids team stinks and he could have paid a 1,000 less to play rec. So he'll go to the "getting a ride" comment to feel better

Meh...my kid has been on an "Elite" club team for 3 years now. Counting travel for tournaments (hotels, food, etc.), I'm in for over $10k at this point. I have no illusion about a scholarship. My only hope for the kid is that he plays on his high school team.

Why not play rec? My kid loves to compete, he loves to play year round, he loves having the same core teammates each season. I enjoyed the time we spent in rec league lacrosse but the level of competition is really bad. It would drive him nuts to not be able to run a "real" offense or to play with a defense that doesn't understand how to slide to the open man, etc. Club lacrosse is financially crazy but my kid wouldn't love the sport without it.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284564
05/08/19 11:11 AM
05/08/19 11:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you two gave the troll exactly the reaction he wanted is hilarious. It’s why I read this forum, endless humor.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284566
05/08/19 11:15 AM
05/08/19 11:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's wrong with D3 lacrosse ? If a kid can continue to play a game he enjoys in college...more power to him. Not everyone gets the chance. If it provides a core / stability to his college education and keeps him focused on goals....dont see the problem. Is that worse than sitting at the end of a 50 man bench and never stepping foot on a field for 4 years in D1 ?....because that's where alot of the Elite kids being pushed to be there by their parents will end up.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284569
05/08/19 12:32 PM
05/08/19 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really agree with complaining how expensive this is. I think you get alot of value for the average price of $1600 for a team.

Generally that includes mechandise, 10-11 months of lax, 4-5 days a week, around 25 games, and premium facilities. You are getting what you pay for.

I think what most people are complaining about is they are getting club confused with select. Back in the day it meant a lot to be on a select team, because it was exactly that. You were selected bc you were the best of the best. Select back then had the same inclusions as club does today. Now there are just more teams, which have become clubs, and less actual select. I would consider a team like the Hawks to be a select team. They will cut you if you didn't pan out and they for the most part will only take the best.

There is too much money to be made, and too much demand to play, for Select to exist anymore

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284571
05/08/19 12:41 PM
05/08/19 12:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you two gave the troll exactly the reaction he wanted is hilarious. It’s why I read this forum, endless humor.

And yet here you are still talking about it and reading it and commenting on it thus continuing the trolls conversation

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284572
05/08/19 01:52 PM
05/08/19 01:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really agree with complaining how expensive this is. I think you get alot of value for the average price of $1600 for a team.

Generally that includes mechandise, 10-11 months of lax, 4-5 days a week, around 25 games, and premium facilities. You are getting what you pay for.

I think what most people are complaining about is they are getting club confused with select. Back in the day it meant a lot to be on a select team, because it was exactly that. You were selected bc you were the best of the best. Select back then had the same inclusions as club does today. Now there are just more teams, which have become clubs, and less actual select. I would consider a team like the Hawks to be a select team. They will cut you if you didn't pan out and they for the most part will only take the best.

There is too much money to be made, and too much demand to play, for Select to exist anymore

That is a great synopsis. There's going to start being some select clubs in AA county extremely soon. Problem is when you grab kids from different clubs to play together, you need to find tournaments they are all available for and coaches willing to let them step away to someone else for a few practices and games and that doesn't always go well.

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284575
05/08/19 06:27 PM
05/08/19 06:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy gets it

Page 39 of 41 1 2 37 38 39 40 41