09/24/18 11:26 AM
09/24/18 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so tired of this conversation .....

if you're child turned 12 before August 31st 2018 and is playing in the 25's ....... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 13 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 24's ..... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 14 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 23's .... they are playing "DOWN"

If your child turned 11 before August 31st, 2018 and the are playing in the 26's ..... they are playing "DOWN"

etc, etc, etc... this applies through every graduation year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only kids born in 2006 that should be playing 25's are kids with birthday from 9/1/06 to 12/31/06. Anyone born in 2005 or from 1/1/06 - 8/31/06 is playing "DOWN"

Your child who was 12 years old over the season was playing against some kids that were just turning 11. My nephew's team had a boy on it who turned 13 last September and some of his teammate had just turned 11 that summer (July & Aug birthdays). That made him 22 months older than some kids on his team. That's a huge difference. Not all kids playing down have that much of an age advantage - but it is still an advantage to be older than most of your teammates/opponents.

Apply that all the way up and down the graduation years/age groups. The difference isn't as evident when the kids are in 2nd,3rd,4th grades but it really shows in middle school - especially for the girls. Eventually all kids that continue to HS Lax need to play with kids other than their graduation year - that's undeniable. But - as long as club continues to play by graduation year only regardless of age this problem will persist. And I don't even know that I consider it a "problem". It's just how it is.

The are many reasons why kids are started late/held back/reclassified, etc.. And all of those reason are valid and ok if they work for your family. But no matter what the reason for your child not being in the same grade as everyone else their age ---- for lacrosse purposes your child is playing "DOWN" - don't deny the fact that kids playing "DOWN" gain an advantage.

I think thay's why people get so riled up about it. No one is blaming or picking on kids who are playing down. But - the parents of the kids who are playing "DOWN" won't admit it is an advantage.

Again - it all evens out heading to high school but for the younger kids/teams it is definitely an advantage. Maybe the discussion needs to be held about going to calendar year age groups like soccer but no one in lacrosse seems interested in that.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273180
09/25/18 07:22 AM
09/25/18 07:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am so tired of this conversation .....

if you're child turned 12 before August 31st 2018 and is playing in the 25's ....... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 13 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 24's ..... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 14 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 23's .... they are playing "DOWN"

If your child turned 11 before August 31st, 2018 and the are playing in the 26's ..... they are playing "DOWN"

etc, etc, etc... this applies through every graduation year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only kids born in 2006 that should be playing 25's are kids with birthday from 9/1/06 to 12/31/06. Anyone born in 2005 or from 1/1/06 - 8/31/06 is playing "DOWN"

Your child who was 12 years old over the season was playing against some kids that were just turning 11. My nephew's team had a boy on it who turned 13 last September and some of his teammate had just turned 11 that summer (July & Aug birthdays). That made him 22 months older than some kids on his team. That's a huge difference. Not all kids playing down have that much of an age advantage - but it is still an advantage to be older than most of your teammates/opponents.

Apply that all the way up and down the graduation years/age groups. The difference isn't as evident when the kids are in 2nd,3rd,4th grades but it really shows in middle school - especially for the girls. Eventually all kids that continue to HS Lax need to play with kids other than their graduation year - that's undeniable. But - as long as club continues to play by graduation year only regardless of age this problem will persist. And I don't even know that I consider it a "problem". It's just how it is.

The are many reasons why kids are started late/held back/reclassified, etc.. And all of those reason are valid and ok if they work for your family. But no matter what the reason for your child not being in the same grade as everyone else their age ---- for lacrosse purposes your child is playing "DOWN" - don't deny the fact that kids playing "DOWN" gain an advantage.

I think thay's why people get so riled up about it. No one is blaming or picking on kids who are playing down. But - the parents of the kids who are playing "DOWN" won't admit it is an advantage.

Again - it all evens out heading to high school but for the younger kids/teams it is definitely an advantage. Maybe the discussion needs to be held about going to calendar year age groups like soccer but no one in lacrosse seems interested in that.

Did you take a deep breath once you were done writing all of this? Do you feel better? 🙄

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #273205
09/25/18 11:39 AM
09/25/18 11:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's still true ... long winded or not

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: cltlax] #273228
09/25/18 03:33 PM
09/25/18 03:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by cltlax
The holdbacks are a boy thing, although the coed schools have some pre-first programs, it’s just a way to get another year of tuition out of a family rather than them having to admit that they held their son back a year or started late.
It’s a weak argument.

You are delusional if you think it’s just a boy thing.

If you think girls are being held back and repeating grades in middle school for lacrosse purposes you are the delusional one.

I know of a set of twins that repeated 8th grade this past year for lacrosse purposes.

No they were not. You are so dramatic because your team can't win. Girls are not held back for "lacrosse" purposes. You all really need to get over this excuse. It makes you look petty.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #273229
09/25/18 04:29 PM
09/25/18 04:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my kid's team wins - alot - like almost all the time. So I don't need or have an excuse. And I'm not dramatic. And I still agree with the above posters about playing down. While kids may not be held back specifically or only for lacrosse or other sports it sure does help them.

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273231
09/25/18 05:38 PM
09/25/18 05:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my kid's team wins - alot - like almost all the time. So I don't need or have an excuse. And I'm not dramatic. And I still agree with the above posters about playing down. While kids may not be held back specifically or only for lacrosse or other sports it sure does help them.

Well look at that. How grown up of you to admit that they were not held back for "lacrosse purpose". That's the first step in the world of, not spreading false information (and less dramatic). I am happy that your kids team wins a lot. Especially since they don't have any girls held back. At least for the purpose of lacrosse.

And I did not disagree with the statement above. BUT....

It is freaking girls lacrosse. No one holds them back for the sole purpose of lacrosse.

Slither back over to your LI site and join their chat about how Maryland cheats.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273404
10/01/18 02:06 PM
10/01/18 02:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well look at that. How grown up of you to admit that they were not held back for "lacrosse purpose". That's the first step in the world of, not spreading false information (and less dramatic). I am happy that your kids team wins a lot. Especially since they don't have any girls held back. At least for the purpose of lacrosse.

And I did not disagree with the statement above. BUT....

It is freaking girls lacrosse. No one holds them back for the sole purpose of lacrosse.

Slither back over to your LI site and join their chat about how Maryland cheats.

Please don't send her back. We don't want her.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273551
10/03/18 10:51 PM
10/03/18 10:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdbacks are a boy thing, although the coed schools have some pre-first programs, it’s just a way to get another year of tuition out of a family rather than them having to admit that they held their son back a year or started late.
It’s a weak argument.

If you think girls are being held back and repeating grades in middle school for lacrosse purposes you are the delusional one.

I know of a set of twins that repeated 8th grade this past year for lacrosse purposes.

No they were not. You are so dramatic because your team can't win. Girls are not held back for "lacrosse" purposes. You all really need to get over this excuse. It makes you look petty.

played M&D 2021 red and now play for M&D 2022 Black, not even from MD.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273569
10/04/18 11:08 AM
10/04/18 11:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a weak argument.

Nice try. Your information is incorrect. They played up the year they played 21

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #273583
10/04/18 05:46 PM
10/04/18 05:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not correct. They switched to a private school and repeated a grade.

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273588
10/04/18 08:53 PM
10/04/18 08:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely switched to private school and repeated a grade. M&D leadership encouraged and approved of the move 100%.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273596
10/05/18 08:01 AM
10/05/18 08:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely switched to private school and repeated a grade. M&D leadership encouraged and approved of the move 100%.

Yes, they did switch from public to private. They did not repeat. Their birthdays are after Sept 1.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273598
10/05/18 08:13 AM
10/05/18 08:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, you are an absolute turd for calling out and highlighting teenage girls, on a public website, for the sole purpose of defending your very weak argument together.

Secondly, it does not seem like it was for a "lacrosse purpose". It sounds like it was an academic transition reason (or they played up a year!!!). So not only are you WRONG with your story again (which leads us back to you spreading false information and being dramatic), but you also pointed out teenage girls personal struggles on a public forum.

You should really stop and just go back to sorting through the pictures of your daughters team winning "a lot-like all the time" photos so you can get those uploaded onto Shutterfly.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273602
10/05/18 08:55 AM
10/05/18 08:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you are talking about. They played up when they played on 2021. They are out of state players who contacted M&D for a supp tryout. At the time there was no room on the 2022 teams, but there were open roster spots on the 21 Red team, told they could play for 21 Red but would have to tryout for their correct grad year the following season, and they did. There was no “move” for M&D to encourage or approve. They did not reclass. Their birthdays are the end of Sept and they just turned 15. And they no longer play for M&D. Get a life.

Re: Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #273644
10/05/18 11:43 PM
10/05/18 11:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you are talking about. They played up when they played on 2021. They are out of state players who contacted M&D for a supp tryout. At the time there was no room on the 2022 teams, but there were open roster spots on the 21 Red team, told they could play for 21 Red but would have to tryout for their correct grad year the following season, and they did. There was no “move” for M&D to encourage or approve. They did not reclass. Their birthdays are the end of Sept and they just turned 15. And they no longer play for M&D. Get a life.

First, not calling out teenage girls, this was the parents decision. Second, this is not confidential nor a secret. If you know folks in Charlotte it is well known that when they switched from public school to private school (for the second time) they repeated a grade. No secret, no drama, a decision the parents made and it was for lacrosse purposes. Now attend one of the best private schools in NC, no academic issues. Perhaps, you really believe what you wrote, perhaps this is the story the parents told folks on the sideline in MD and maybe even told M&D leadership that story. The simple already public truth for anyone that knows them from their home town is they repeated a grade.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20