BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 36 1 2 3 4 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with Rebels level of professionalism. Everything laid out on website for all to see. Schedules, pricing, tournaments, coaching. Well done.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great job self promoting MB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
great job self promoting MB

Im sure Mike Brenann is sitting on here continuing to self promote, maybe you should just check out one of there tryouts or give them a call? They are very open about everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with Rebels level of professionalism. Everything laid out on website for all to see. Schedules, pricing, tournaments, coaching. Well done.

Dont mind the stunad commenters on this forum. They are threataned by anything new.
I found the Rebels layout excellent also. Plus they were really responsive after signing up for tryouts and following up after pre tryouts.
Have a few teams that Im looking at and have not made up my mind, but defenitely continuing to check it out at the tryouts next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
70+ kids came out for S2S tryouts yesterday. Where are all these kids coming from?

70 registered. About 50 were there. Still a lot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Man_Up
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.

There was only a handful of 2nd Teams at this age. At least you have a benchmark and should be looking for info on one of these teams first in my opinion. Ask questions and get feedback if your son is not able to make an A team.

Ducks
Express
Legacy
Mamas Boyz
S2S
Hitmen (only team, but on the same level)
Outlaws (same)
Recon (same)

There are Different Levels To These Teams Tho:
B+ Level Teams are: Legacy, Outlaws, Express, S2S
B- Level Teams are: Hitmen, Ducks,
C Level Teams are: 24, Recon & Mamas Boys

Okay... but since 2nd teams can be awesome to bad experiences and everything in between. What teams are the 2nd teams or other teams on that level that folks should be looking into so they make the best choice possible. Let’s try to be productive here and make it informative.

For example, Express has a very good core, solid coaching, regular practice and training (extra). Only criticism is too large a roster.

Terrible experience with Express B last season, Loaded roster, kids that cant catch or throw. A lot of unhappy parents now looking for another club. They could have a really competitive B team if they wanted one. Seems like it is now a money grab like most of the other B teams.

Originally Posted by Man_Up
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.

There was only a handful of 2nd Teams at this age. At least you have a benchmark and should be looking for info on one of these teams first in my opinion. Ask questions and get feedback if your son is not able to make an A team.

Ducks
Express
Legacy
Mamas Boyz
S2S
Hitmen (only team, but on the same level)
Outlaws (same)
Recon (same)

There are Different Levels To These Teams Tho:
B+ Level Teams are: Legacy, Outlaws, Express, S2S
B- Level Teams are: Hitmen, Ducks,
C Level Teams are: 24, Recon & Mamas Boys

Okay... but since 2nd teams can be awesome to bad experiences and everything in between. What teams are the 2nd teams or other teams on that level that folks should be looking into so they make the best choice possible. Let’s try to be productive here and make it informative.

For example, Express has a very good core, solid coaching, regular practice and training (extra). Only criticism is too large a roster.

Terrible experience with Express B last season, Loaded roster, kids that cant catch or throw. A lot of unhappy parents now looking for another club. They could have a really competitive B team if they wanted one. Seems like it is now a money grab like most of the other B teams.

Why is everyone duped into thinking there is a new level between A and B. There isn’t. Good luck on your next B team, because it will be so much better...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tryout results are posted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from Mamas... its a mess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 kids to pad the Director's pockets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any new kids on team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19 -21 is the break even point so teams are going to shoot for 23-. The reason they put B rosters out first is so they can grab the top B kids they tried to stash there when they decline and move them to the A roster .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19 -21 is the break even point so teams are going to shoot for 23-. The reason they put B rosters out first is so they can grab the top B kids they tried to stash there when they decline and move them to the A roster .

????
When kids decline the B team, they will then offer them the A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

????

That makes no sense. So make the B team worse right off the bat. These invite numbers are an indication that the process is dumb, sorry, my opinion, but it is. Let’s account for declines to back into a revenue number. Can you directors give it some thought and come with a process for 2nd teams and 1st teams to thrive independently. How about once these clubs set the A team invites and and get firm commitments. They then invite anybody, even if you didn’t attend the first tryout, interested in the 2nd team back to supplemental tryouts. Yeah more work, but that’s a better process, that forms a better team. And a lot of people are getting over the shock of being cut from the A team. It’s always feels like it’s a race to beat the down payment dates vs the other clubs. Take your time with this decision, it’s big investment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 girl goalie did't make the wolfpack team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 girl goalie did't make the wolfpack team?

Had to be a parent cut. People should feel badly for that girl. A very nice kid with a father that would rival LaVar Ball. What would make him think it is smart to leave the right grade and move up as boys are reaching towards puberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

????

That makes no sense. So make the B team worse right off the bat. These invite numbers are an indication that the process is dumb, sorry, my opinion, but it is. Let’s account for declines to back into a revenue number. Can you directors give it some thought and come with a process for 2nd teams and 1st teams to thrive independently. How about once these clubs set the A team invites and and get firm commitments. They then invite anybody, even if you didn’t attend the first tryout, interested in the 2nd team back to supplemental tryouts. Yeah more work, but that’s a better process, that forms a better team. And a lot of people are getting over the shock of being cut from the A team. It’s always feels like it’s a race to beat the down payment dates vs the other clubs. Take your time with this decision, it’s big investment.

This is kind of how hockey does it. Organizations that have Tier I teams have their Tier I tryouts first. They offer and get commitments and have there team more or less in place very quickly. Then the Tier II is a week or two later, and any kid who tried out for tier I but didn't make it is allowed to try out at tier II for a nominal extra fee. Further, USA hockey (or maybe just the Atlantic district) dictates when you are to have tryouts for each tier (usually in terms of the week of ____). Thus clubs can't play games with dates in order to try to gain a strategic advantage, and kids can't show up at a million rinks and string clubs along very easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for 24 Lax 2025 and there coach mentioned how they were a mid level B team this past summer and are trying to get to the B+ level. Still looking to add a few players. Is it worth looking into or showing up to their practice/eval on Tuesday of next week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for 24 Lax 2025 and there coach mentioned how they were a mid level B team this past summer and are trying to get to the B+ level. Still looking to add a few players. Is it worth looking into or showing up to their practice/eval on Tuesday of next week?

In Nassau the only other B team is Express and S2S. So go to all of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that mean she lost her spot on 91 2025AA team? Dad can't leave well enough alone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that mean she lost her spot on 91 2025AA team? Dad can't leave well enough alone

That’s the word! Chan will take his money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon is a b team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitmen and Recon are Nassau B teams too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noooooooooooo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You dont know what your talking about. They had their reasons. And they were legitimate ones.
And if the coaches on the 2025AA didnt let her back on that team if she wanted it then they should be ashamed of themselves. She is the reason they have won half their games. And she is a good person as well as a great goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The straight scoop is she was no longer happy playing for 91. They had a choice, go to Chan or try to go to 2024. Going to Chan meant playing against friends. They wouldn't do that unless they had to. She has a lot of friends on our team and I know she cares about them. My son was very upset when she left. Hopefully she finds a place on a 2024 team and doesn't end up with Chan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The straight scoop is she was no longer happy playing for 91. They had a choice, go to Chan or try to go to 2024. Going to Chan meant playing against friends. They wouldn't do that unless they had to. She has a lot of friends on our team and I know she cares about them. My son was very upset when she left. Hopefully she finds a place on a 2024 team and doesn't end up with Chan.

The straight scoop is that her Dad was unhappy because no one was kissing his fanny and the kid now suffers. Express wants no part of them after her poor games at the NLF and we know the boys are passing her up as they become men. Now she will have to play with a weak team and daddy will know he messed this up badly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The straight scoop is not just simply she wasnt happy. A young girl is not just unhappy on a team. There were kids on that team that were mean. Dont dance around it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does she play the boys game and not girls? Why not go you chan? All these kids play against friends. That’s silly and doesn’t sound legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does she play the boys game and not girls? Why not go you chan? All these kids play against friends. That’s silly and doesn’t sound legit.

She is a very good goalie at this level but there is no guarantee she plays for Chan. Express has a very good goalie as well. I hope it all works out for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't more difficult to play goalie in girls lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard many goalies are trying out for Chan, maybe things will be changing at Express!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck with the one goalie who no one wants... Hopefully you get a Tee Shirt that fits the dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard many goalies are trying out for Chan, maybe things will be changing at Express!

Come Monday and find out. They were rumors of two A teams, but doubt that, two much choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck with the one goalie who no one wants... Hopefully you get a Tee Shirt that fits the dad

Grow up. What do you care?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious what makes up a good goalie at this level? What are coaches looking for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come Monday and find out. They were rumors of two A teams, but doubt that, two much choice.

A few kids from Express have gone elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The straight scoop is that her Dad was unhappy because no one was kissing his fanny and the kid now suffers. Express wants no part of them after her poor games at the NLF and we know the boys are passing her up as they become men. Now she will have to play with a weak team and daddy will know he messed this up badly.

"Become men" now that's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grow up. What do you care?

It's a warning! The organization cut the parent. I guess the talent wasn't too good to pass up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Become men" now that's funny

It is called puberty, it's on its way!
I'm told by many experts from all over the sports world that when that happens the boys get stronger and faster and the shots get harder and sticks quicker.

No way she can keep up.
It's over and Daddy couldn't have screwed it up any worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know nothing. Your just some wannabee getting off on insulting a young kid.

If she tries out for Chan, she is sure to be grabbed by him. But the question is whether she wants Express.

There are lots of options out there, and plenty of teams that are going to be competitive this year.

Page 2 of 36 1 2 3 4 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard