BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting, 5 years ago watching all the self proclaimed "little Johnny studs", some now are just run of the mill players. Kids that began playing late have now surpassed the 'studs" in sound fundamentals, skill and strength.

I've even seen some smaller kids in the past are now flat out studs. There's more parity as this group goes into high school.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting, 5 years ago watching all the self proclaimed "little Johnny studs", some now are just run of the mill players. Kids that began playing late have now surpassed the 'studs" in sound fundamentals, skill and strength.

And many of the ones who surpassed Johnny stud will get passed by when they hit 10th. Funny how that puberty thing works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t agree any more then this comment.
My son played for Suffolk.He said all the boys interaction with the different teams in the dorms was a blast.
At their age to meet and hang with other boys from all different teams off the field is a great experience for them.
Every time I saw him he was smiling ear to ear.it was a college like experience with lax in the mix.
Kudos to all the organizers and coaches that made this event happen!!
It was well run and he will be trying out again next year.
It was also nice for us parents to meet up at night and grab a bite and have a drink together without thinking about getting our boys up and ready in the morning.The responsibility was alll on the boys in the morning.(I think that part was terrific).
Taking on more responsibility at this age is soo important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on parochial 2023 team
He made the top 50 cut and just missed on Nassau 25
Was ask to play for parochial team and choose to for the experience
Had a great time
Yes they lost to a powerhouse Suffolk team like everyone else and lost a close game to Adirondack 5-6
The only had 18 kids on team compared to 25 or more on other teams
Finished up 2 day with 2 strong wins
3-2 record
Not sure what first guy who posted is talking about but sounds like he never played before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a great time
Yes they lost to a powerhouse Suffolk team like everyone else and lost a close game to Adirondack 5-6
3-2 record
Not sure what first guy who posted is talking about but sounds like he never played before

Think he is talking about the spirit of the tournament. Parochial and NYC were all kids that got cut before top 50 and top 25 from suffolk and Nassau. So it’s not really playing against the best parochial and NYC kids. The tournament is showcased and your paying to play against they best. No offense please. Makes no sense to continue after the top 25 game to blow everyone out and play the same team in finals you played two weeks earlier.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Catholic schools incoming freshmen look very week at the NYS Regional Championships. Suffolk smoked them 19-2 and Adirondack beat them

There are no incoming catholic school kids on that team. Only a few showed up for the tryout. They then gave the team to the Long Beach PAL Coach. He then filled the team with his son and his friends. about 90% of the kids are from Long Beach. He also had his son and his 2 nephews added to the all star game. All these kids were cut in the 1st round of tryouts for the Nassau team. Total Joke!!!

After the top 25 game, the tournament is a joke. Many kids who make top 25 don’t even attend. NYC team is filled with kids that didn’t make the top 50 game. It’s a paY and play at that point. Don’t look at the allstar game with too much excitement either, they pick them during the second game and it’s mostly, if not all,political. Case in point the parochial kids on allstar game. His son is maybe worse defensemen there.

Who runs the tournament? I thought it had the potential to be like the Empire State Games but looking like just another money maker. Its a shame.

It's actually a pretty fun tournament for the kids. It's one of the few tournaments the teams all get to hang out with one another for 24 hours a day and get to know their teammates and teams from other regions. The parents are minimally involved and get to watch / enjoy the boys playing without the any pressure. the competition is okay but that's not the point. If your kid doesn't want to play then don't send him but he will be missing out on a fun couple days.

2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #289854 26 minutes ago
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had a great time
3-2 record

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a great time
3-2 record

Think he is talking about the spirit of the tournament. Parochial and NYC were all kids that got cut before top 50 and top 25 from suffolk and Nassau. So it’s not really playing against the best parochial and NYC kids. The tournament is showcased and your paying to play against they best. No offense please. Makes no sense to continue after the top 25 game to blow everyone out and play the same team in finals you played two weeks earlier.

Exactly!! It cheapens the event when you give a Daddy coach a team and let him INVITE players who he knows. It’s even worse when you give it to a guy that is known to be over the top crazy. He was mentioned a few weeks back as one of the “psycho” coaches at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t worry about the coaches, all you parents are the “psychos” knocking kids and dads who volunteer their time. Pick up a whistle and get it done if you’re so incensed. Bunch of whiny tw@!$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club daddy coaches don’t volunteer. They get paid and / or kids play for free. PAL coaches are volunteers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's staying and who's going?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club daddy coaches don’t volunteer. They get paid and / or kids play for free. PAL coaches are volunteers

How many club Daddy's are on Igloo A vs Igloo B? Is there any difference in playing time because of that? What team would be a better fit because of Daddy coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whose a holdback? You're a holdback, he's a holdback, everybody's a holdback. What a bunch of whiners. It's about safety my @$$. It's about wins and losses, I've never seen grown men cry as much about kiddie games in all my life. Go cut your lawn or something, but please stop carrying on day in and day out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whose a holdback? You're a holdback, he's a holdback, everybody's a holdback. What a bunch of whiners. It's about safety my @$$. It's about wins and losses, I've never seen grown men cry as much about kiddie games in all my life. Go cut your lawn or something, but please stop carrying on day in and day out.

The Drunken Rant!!!! Next time wright your rant on a napkin sleep off all the alcohol then when you wake up and the hangover is gone reread the napkin and ask yourself is this something I Really want to post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange post about no topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rumor mill

2 of the Rebels top players left for igloo and Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rumor mill

Must be the defenders. They’re the only best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rumor mill

Must be the defenders. They’re the only best players.

Doesn’t say the went to Igloo “ AA” or Express “AA”. I heard Express AA took two key players from Igloo AA and hoping to get one more. If that is the case then Igloo might be filling those spots. Doubt Express is taking any Rebels on the AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything you purchase you know the cost before hand. Only travel lacrosse, you must commit to a team (via deposit) then you are informed of the total cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo goalie at S2S last night. Igloo players seem to be looking else where!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a former parent and many know who. Listen, be grateful, you had no where else to go, if it weren't for your current team, you would be on the outside looking in, So wipe your mouth and shut-up ...PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw him. Definitely not from their A team. Probably a lot B players looking to move to other clubs when they can’t make the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Coach....my bad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Drunken Rant!!!! Next time wright your rant on a napkin sleep off all the alcohol then when you wake up and the hangover is gone reread the napkin and ask yourself is this something I Really want to post.

Next time spell “right” correctly. Then go cry about a holdback beating your sons a$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you talking about.

You

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a former parent and many know who. Listen, be grateful, you had no where else to go, if it weren't for your current team, you would be on the outside looking in, So wipe your mouth and shut-up ...PAL

Huh? Not an Igloo parent. Never was, never have been. I found it interesting that there would be goalie movement at this age. Both S2S teams have 2 good goalies. So unless one is leaving not sure that is a position fill. Confirms what many have said about an exodus at Igloo. Even at those niche positions the Igloo kids are looking to leave.

Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard