BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2022-9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2022 9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2022-9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Igloo is trying to start a 22 team again. Does anybody know who the coach will be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their 23 team has won back to back USLAX national championships. They had excellent coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard Igloo is trying to start a 22 team again. Does anybody know who the coach will be?

The Igloo program for girls will be folding this year, and the last thing LI girls lax needs is another team. The reason '23 does so well is because the daddy coach has built this team around one player. His daughter. She is an excellent player, but they get into trouble playing teams with deep rosters because you can't play lax with one star. The USLAX tourney was extremely weak talent wise this year. They will both be moving on in order to showcase the better '23 girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Igloo program for girls will be folding this year, and the last thing LI girls lax needs is another team. The reason '23 does so well is because the daddy coach has built this team around one player. His daughter. She is an excellent player, but they get into trouble playing teams with deep rosters because you can't play lax with one star. The USLAX tourney was extremely weak talent wise this year. They will both be moving on in order to showcase the better '23 girls.

I GUESS YOU MISSED THE MEMO ! THIS IS FOR BOYS 2022 NOT GIRLS !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Huh? The title of the thread sure looks like it says Girls 2022...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHICH MEMO WOULD THAT BE? THINK YOU MISSED THE ONE THAT SAYS 2022 GIRLS FORUM😲

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They reason igloo 2023 did so well is because LI lax is so diluted at this age group, unfortunately none of the LI teams show well, they are all several steps down from older LI teams. Sorta same thing happening to these younger teams in MD too. May end up being a good thing for lax in the future, but instead of finding the top 12 players all on the same top LI team, now you have 2-3 players spread out on several teams. Teams are exponentially weaker than they used to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard Igloo is trying to start a 22 team again. Does anybody know who the coach will be?

Why? Can't see paying all that money for a start up program that can't get into any showcase tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice part about Igloo is that you get a ton for your $. You write one check and your done. Fall, winter, spring practices and tournaments. Uniforms, gear, etc. There's never any call for more $. You actually usually get added practices free of charge. As for recruiting, if you're good enough they'll find you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

As others have said, the Igloo girls program does not attend the best tournaments. The director/coach cares about his two daughters. This is why they are most likely going to fold. He is a great coach, no question, and his daughters are great players. Unfortunately the program is not strong enough as a whole to survive. Their 2023 group is definitely the best team they have, but rely on 2-3 girls who could easily fit in with any of the other top clubs. I can't see Igloo fielding a competitive 2022 team, as the top girls who play at other clubs will not be leaving for Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They'd be smart to address the rumors to the families already in the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

As others have said, the Igloo girls program does not attend the best tournaments. The director/coach cares about his two daughters. This is why they are most likely going to fold. He is a great coach, no question, and his daughters are great players. Unfortunately the program is not strong enough as a whole to survive. Their 2023 group is definitely the best team they have, but rely on 2-3 girls who could easily fit in with any of the other top clubs. I can't see Igloo fielding a competitive 2022 team, as the top girls who play at other clubs will not be leaving for Igloo.

Girls are not going to Igloo they have no draw. They are expensive and can't get into the top tournaments. They currently have a mediocre 24 team and a good 23 team. As the girls get one year closer to recruiting age the players are more likely to leave for another club then play at Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Igloo was moving their team(s) to YJ? The 23 and 22 Igloo teams would be the new YJ Blue (A) teams and the others would fall in line behind. YJ’s 22 team is crumbling anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

Girls are not going to Igloo they have no draw. They are expensive and can't get into the top tournaments. They currently have a mediocre 24 team and a good 23 team. As the girls get one year closer to recruiting age the players are more likely to leave for another club then play at Igloo.

for those going into HS looking for a club what is the consensus on best club with low drama?:
Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their 23 team has won back to back USLAX national championships. They had excellent coaching.

Weak tournament where none of the top teams attend. They never beat a top team. There were two good players on that team. One quit lacrosse, and the other went with her dad to YJ to start a new YJ team. Unfortunately, YJ is no good at that age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I thought Igloo was moving their team(s) to YJ? The 23 and 22 Igloo teams would be the new YJ Blue (A) teams and the others would fall in line behind. YJ’s 22 team is crumbling anyway.

Igloo 22 folded. Igloo 23 moved to YJ and they stayed intact. Next year it will be a mixed tryout and most of the Igloo girls will end up on the 2nd and 3rd YJ teams. The Igloo 23 coach is leading the sheep looking at what's best for him and his daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Their 23 team has won back to back USLAX national championships. They had excellent coaching.

Weak tournament where none of the top teams attend. They never beat a top team. There were two good players on that team. One quit lacrosse, and the other went with her dad to YJ to start a new YJ team. Unfortunately, YJ is no good at that age group.

It'll only get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for those going into HS looking for a club what is the consensus on best club with low drama?:
Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Depends what you're looking to accomplish, if Hofstra or SB are schools you're kid might want to attend then TG and YJ are the options, Liberty less drama, great recruiting ability all over the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Depends what you're looking to accomplish, if Hofstra or SB are schools you're kid might want to attend then TG and YJ are the options, Liberty less drama, great recruiting ability all over the country

If Liberty is so great, then why did all their top players leave the 2023 team for TG, as they are entering the recruiting years. Seems odd when according to you they need Liberty for recruiting. Why would they leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

If Liberty is so great, then why did all their top players leave the 2023 team for TG, as they are entering the recruiting years. Seems odd when according to you they need Liberty for recruiting. Why would they leave?

For starters everyone knows the TG 2023 team is easily the best in the country, who wouldn't want to play with your exceptional daughters? The downside for you is they will all have better HS transcripts, SAT scores and AP classes that your all-star white trash group can't compete with, so they will ultimately wind up taking a spot you think your kid was entitled to for being on the best team in the country. Btw NO college coaches recruit teams, you will find out soon enough that some of the teams your beating up every weekend by double digits have kids getting recruited to great schools. Go look at some college rosters and see how many kids from those subpar programs are playing at top programs. Good luck with your college experience at Hofstra!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

For starters everyone knows the TG 2023 team is easily the best in the country, who wouldn't want to play with your exceptional daughters? The downside for you is they will all have better HS transcripts, SAT scores and AP classes that your all-star white trash group can't compete with, so they will ultimately wind up taking a spot you think your kid was entitled to for being on the best team in the country. Btw NO college coaches recruit teams, you will find out soon enough that some of the teams your beating up every weekend by double digits have kids getting recruited to great schools. Go look at some college rosters and see how many kids from those subpar programs are playing at top programs. Good luck with your college experience at Hofstra!

Umm.....my daughter plays for TG and currently has a 4.2 GPA with all honors classes.......easy there! I also know that I don't only speak for myself. These girls get after it on and off the field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Liberty has not been a good experience. Manhasset girls still get favored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Losing builds character so Liberty must have a lot of character. Liberty 23 is a B team. Good luck in your Diana Whipple tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Liberty stinks and if you want your daughter treated like an outcast then they are the club for you. A town team trying to call themselves a club team. DG knows that's why she keeps them out of competitive tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a 2022 thread lets get a few things straight. Liberty 2022 Black only has six players from Sett on the team and as a whole seven towns are represented on the roster. Also despite missing a few key players out with injuries they beat both Hero's Green and Monster Purple last weekend. Facts over fiction. Lastly, whoever was on here talking smack/nonsense about TG and YJ I can guarantee you is not a 2022 Black parent as we all have friends on those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Club lacrosse = Drama regardless of the club. Once kids start to get to the recruiting years there is drama. The drama stems from the parents and eventually trickles down to the kids. It happens on A teams, B teams, well known clubs and not so well known clubs. You are not going to escape it. Accept it and move on. Make a choice in club that works best for family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts
As a parent of a girl on the black 2022 team
-the team is not all Manhasset - Only six players on the team are from Manhasset
- it’s a very talented team - who does very well In a variety of tournaments with top teams from the East Coast
- The players on the team have friends both on yellow jackets and on top gun - Our liberty players consider them to be great lacrosse clubs but by no means is Liberty sub par to either of those clubs - We should all be proud of all the amazing talent that comes out of Long Island instead of knocking each other down and being negative
- The team is always looking to scrimmage so if anyone from local teams would love to scrimmage please contact Liberty directly and set it up
- the best part about this team is how much they care for each other and are proud to play for liberty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts
-the team is not all Manhasset - Only six players on the team are from Manhasset
- it’s a very talented team - who does very well In a variety of tournaments with top teams from the East Coast
- The players on the team have friends both on yellow jackets and on top gun - Our liberty players consider them to be great lacrosse clubs but by no means is Liberty sub par to either of those clubs - We should all be proud of all the amazing talent that comes out of Long Island instead of knocking each other down and being negative
- The team is always looking to scrimmage so if anyone from local teams would love to scrimmage please contact Liberty directly and set it up
- the best part about this team is how much they care for each other and are proud to play for liberty

This might be true for the 2022 team, but thats it. All the best players just left the 2023 team because the coaching was terrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts

This might be true for the 2022 team, but thats it. All the best players just left the 2023 team because the coaching was terrible.

This si very accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry..been around travel lax for years with daughter..she was at Liberty too...but cannot believe that a parent wrote the above glowing Liberty mush..no parent gushes that way so I am going to call BS on the above and attribute the love-fest to a Liberty insider.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to all the girls this weekend at the UNC camp... I wish mine could have made it but it was not possible for this time.. I would love to hear your thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another tournament and another draw where Legacy 2022 gets paired with Hero's Green and M&D Black on their schedule. Its amazing that the schedule makers always puts them up against the best Maryland teams in all of these tournaments. They also have C22 Select Black in there too. I think its great the competition they get to play but its a tough road to get out of that Pool playing those teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts

This si very accurate

And wait for recruiting time, NO help! None at all! Look elsewhere. And she favors Set, whether she is still the coach or not!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got a nice laugh when I just saw the US Club Lacrosse rankings for 2022 girls. What a complete farce. I don't know why they even bother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another tournament and another draw where Legacy 2022 gets paired with Hero's Green and M&D Black on their schedule. Its amazing that the schedule makers always puts them up against the best Maryland teams in all of these tournaments. They also have C22 Select Black in there too. I think its great the competition they get to play but its a tough road to get out of that Pool playing those teams

POOL PLAY? Just about W's and L's? You don't want to grow as a team? Challenge the group? Travel should push the kids to grow as players, not win tournaments

Link Copied to Clipboard