BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 128 of 264 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, just speculating based on the "end of an Era" post.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk guy in snobby syoland got got

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk guy in snobby syoland got got

Nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Suffolk guy in snobby syoland got got

Nonsense[/quot

Head coach still there but, looks like rest of coaches are not!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Kellenberg coach?? Schwajle gone??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams will be at the top in 2019?

Long Island Top 5?

Garden City
Massapequa
Chaminade
Ward Melville
Manhasset
Smithtown West
St Anthony's

Do any non traditional powers look to breakout ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island Top 5?

Garden City
Massapequa
Chaminade
Ward Melville
Manhasset
Smithtown West
St Anthony's

West Islip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cold Spring Harbor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say West Islip and CSH are traditional powers.

Wantagh would qualify as a non-traditional power looking to break out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If St Anthony's doesn't run the table in Football and Lax there is a problem. I do believe there could be some non traditional schools that may rise up.

I do believe there is a lot of talent out there and some that do not get the same exposure as others.

Instead of a LI top 5

Why not do a
Nassua A

Nassua B

Nassau C/D

Suffolk A

Suffolk B

Suffolk C/D

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If St Anthony's doesn't run the table in Football and Lax there is a problem. I do believe there could be some non traditional schools that may rise up.

I do believe there is a lot of talent out there and some that do not get the same exposure as others.

Instead of a LI top 5

Why not do a
Nassua A

Nassua B

Nassau C/D

Suffolk A

Suffolk B

Suffolk C/D

Most divisions are a two maybe three horse race. No need to go four or five deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instead of a LI top 5

Why not do a
Nassua A

Nassua B

Nassau C/D

Suffolk A

Suffolk B

Suffolk C/D

My Nassau prediction for class A
Nassua A
1 Massapequa (ton of talent returning will go undefeated in Nassau A. Have talent at all positions. Defense will be their strength also possession with their faceoff man returning)
2 Farmingdale (return some talent coaching is their strength. If anyone can get blood from a stone it's their head coach)
3 Port Washington (the super soph group will get their chance to shine as Juniors and returning All County goalie. Coaching and defense will be their achilles heel
4. Syosset (graduated too many of their top players. The depth is just not there. Have a few good returning players but will they be a cohesive unit. Lots of distractions going on in Syosset. Will the Igloo chaos ever stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island Top 5?

Garden City
Massapequa
Chaminade
Ward Melville
Manhasset
Smithtown West
St Anthony's

Smithtown West??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is this nonsense going on at the NYS championships games in Binghamton. Half of the kids that are on the original rosters are not even there, and have been replaced with random kids, many not even from the region they are listed as being from??? Seems like a silly waste of time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is this nonsense going on at the NYS championships games in Binghamton. Half of the kids that are on the original rosters are not even there, and have been replaced with random kids, many not even from the region they are listed as being from??? Seems like a silly waste of time!

I wouldnt call it a waste of time or non sense, some kids playing that's all id say. Sure, if weather was better it may not have been so bad.

I do, however, think it is silly to call it a NYS championship. These kids play way to much and some were smart to skip it. With the big tournament a few days before in Lehigh, I could see some not wanting to play. But for the kids that did go and play good for them, I hope they enjoyed it.

We all know the marque names and who was and wasnt there, lets not turn it into that.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The thought of this is good, if the HS got behind it. Clubs have to much power. Even the Catholics dont do much as a school, just as a club.

Your telling me a team of the best Chaminade and ST Anthony's let along the outliers in the other catholic schools would go 0-3, sorry 0-4. No way in H. E. double hockey sticks

And the post of the "original kids". Player, please, many kids didnt tryout in the first place. So it was never truly a contest with the best kids. It was just another venue to play. Again great idea, Empires used to be a thing you looked forward to. That and brine were huge in the 80's 90's (but so was big hair).

Times change, the game has grown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
The thought of this is good, if the HS got behind it. Clubs have to much power. Even the Catholics dont do much as a school, just as a club.

Your telling me a team of the best Chaminade and ST Anthony's let along the outliers in the other catholic schools would go 0-3, sorry 0-4. No way in H. E. double hockey sticks

And the post of the "original kids". Player, please, many kids didnt tryout in the first place. So it was never truly a contest with the best kids. It was just another venue to play. Again great idea, Empires used to be a thing you looked forward to. That and brine were huge in the 80's 90's (but so was big hair).

Lots of Crush kids on 2020 Suffolk, those are marquee players, yet that team is not doing well. So maybe there is more talent in other areas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of Crush kids on 2020 Suffolk, those are marquee players, yet that team is not doing well. So maybe there is more talent in other areas

That's because there's one player that makes Crush great, and he's not there, otherwise they are still good players but even with other good players from other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the good Chaminade and St Anthony kids were there. Great Idea if you get all the kids to tryout. The catholic team had public school kids on the team. co

That's because there's one player that makes Crush great, and he's not there, otherwise they are still good players but even with other good players from other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the good Chaminade and St Anthony kids were there. Great Idea if you get all the kids to tryout. The catholic team had public school kids on the team. co

The whole thing is a joke. They have all the teams selected before the tryouts, and some kids never even get a look. They ran two fields for the tryouts, and there were no coaches on the second field. So are any of those kids getting a shot? I think not. Many that are on the team never went to the first or second tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO....The NYS Regional Championship @ Binghamton is a great idea. If the players from every region play it could go to another level of greatness. The high school coaches are on to something here but lets see if they make it happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

W.I. didn’t look too great this summer. They will be better during season, they always are but not county title bound.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

W.I. didn’t look too great this summer. They will be better during season, they always are but not county title bound.

WI will be better by subtraction

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO....The NYS Regional Championship @ Binghamton is a great idea. If the players from every region play it could go to another level of greatness. The high school coaches are on to something here but lets see if they make it happen

What exactly are they on to here? Who are the HS Coaches? Is this event run by fl$? Is there really a need for another summer tournament? HS summer teams, club teams, UA, Maverick etc... Do you really think there is a need for more?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"They will be better during season, they always are". "Always" really? They have been very average for many years and it does not look like they will improve any time soon.

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Scotty Craig, West Islip head coach for 32 years--enjoy your retirement. He and Bill Turri had a great run and made an impact on countless lives of young men.

Thanks from a former player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Scotty Craig, West Islip head coach for 32 years--enjoy your retirement. He and Bill Turri had a great run and made an impact on countless lives of young men.

Thanks from a former player.

Agree. Congrats.

Great career. In order to win championships you need great coaching and great athletes. West Islip had a nice run when they had both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly are they on to here? Who are the HS Coaches? Is this event run by fl$? Is there really a need for another summer tournament? HS summer teams, club teams, UA, Maverick etc... Do you really think there is a need for more?

Reels of sour grapes, but that’s botc, if your kid didn’t do it or make it it’s bad. Go away with your toxic attitude

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is the root of all evil ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly why most of the kids invited did not attend. Would be surprised if they did it again next summer. Was a disaster this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reels of sour grapes, but that’s botc, if your kid didn’t do it or make it it’s bad. Go away with your toxic attitude

Nothing toxic at all and no sour grapes. Some simple questions thats all. Apparently you are the one with the toxic attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a disaster. Over 620 players participated. Opening ceremony was great. Games were played despite bad weather. Over 50 college coaches were in attendance. All kids seemed to have a positive experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a disaster. Over 620 players participated. Opening ceremony was great. Games were played despite bad weather. Over 50 college coaches were in attendance. All kids seemed to have a positive experience

Heard the opposite from a couple different people who went. What they said was they saw no coaches, and their kids were miserable in the bad dorms with no AC. They also said the weather was terrible, and the drive was too far. Not a fun time. Oh, and way too $$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville due to bounce back to a contending program with the old coach back. Just a reminder how school boards led by their noses can make decisions that are deleterious to the student experience. Too late for my older boy but my younger son said everyone is hyped(?).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about the retired H/C or is something else going on ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about the retired H/C or is something else going on ?

Something else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"They will be better during season, they always are". "Always" really? They have been very average for many years and it does not look like they will improve any time soon.

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

you're about half right and that isn't a good %

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Sachem East ? Didn’t know Sachem still exists anymore . North was decent for years but East ? Didn’t both have losing records past few years ? Well good luck to them would be nice. I went to Sachem back in the 90’s and they won a state title but don’t live in Suffolk anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Sachem East ? Didn’t know Sachem still exists anymore . North was decent for years but East ? Didn’t both have losing records past few years ? Well good luck to them would be nice. I went to Sachem back in the 90’s and they won a state title but don’t live in Suffolk anymore.

Just an observation:

The pool of strong HS programs is getting smaller on Long Island due to changing demographics and socioeconomic factors in many towns. For many years lacrosse was primarily a sport played by well to do kids from affluent ares and private / prep schools (Baltimore, Long Island, Main Line Philadelphia etc...) who went on to attend East Coast Colleges and Universities. On Long Island however many of the working class / blue collar towns had very strong High School programs. Farmingdale, Levittown, East Meadow, Elmont, Lynbrook, Sewanhaka, Sachem etc... The sport has evolved into a very expensive year round commitment that many families can not afford. It is not just the player, the whole family has to buy in. High Schools teams in towns where the majority of kids are not spending the money on private lessons year round, clinics year round, club teams year round are going to be at a disadvantage. The players from Manhasset, CHS, Garden City, Ward Melville etc... put in a tremendous amount of time and their parents spend a crazy amount of money from the time the kids are in the first or second grade. We still see some incredible players from many different high schools but in order for the team compete for a championship it needs depth. In order to have the depth of talent necessary you need to have a lot of very committed players and families. HHHE and Connetquot have been very strong and have had some excellent players but in the end depth has kept them from winning a championship. From the time my kids were young I have been out there on the Long Island Lacrosse Circuit you see kids from all over The Island but.... There were always more kids from certain towns. Unfortunately, although the sport has grown across the country I think it is now more than ever a sport for the wealthy.

Good Luck to all this year. I am guessing Smithtown West or Ward Melville in Suffolk A. Garden City or Manhasset in Nassau B. Massapequa in Nassau A. Did West Islip drop down? CHS will win.

Like Reply Quote
Page 128 of 264 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard