BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 48 1 2 45 46 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is rebels real 1st year ?

What does that mean????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought East Coast Elite was the new Ducks.

Lol
Thats Dynamic Lacrosse rebranding when all the Ducks coaches walked away and formed R.U.S.H.
But the team names are staying with R.U.S.H. who have the Chaos and Rage names.

Dynamic is struggling to make East Coast Elite by offering a super cheap tryout fee of $45.
But charging more for tuition at $2495-
Yet saying not doing any tournaments off Long Island.
I guess if you are a parent who wants a PAL tournament lacrosse team, then East Coast Elite may be for you.

But for the rest, R.U.S.H., Rebels, Igloo, etc... are real teams.

How are the Rebels a real team at this point? They have no team yet. They are just starting out and I wish them all the success. They are doing a decent job with the camp and communications, etc. But you have to develop and build the team over a minimum of 2 seasons. Look at Legacy and the Ducks, both kicked off with a lot buzz and excitement and have some very good teams, but it took 2 and 3 seasons to get there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents choice to waste your $ and do a disservice to your kid?

Still their choice. I'm not advocating any direction. Parents have to weigh the pro's and con's of each option. It's all relative. Why does anyone else care? Show up, tryout and let the chips fall where they may. If you are not happy, do your research and move on.

Geese parents weighed their options and went elsewhere. Amazing how in one summer season one daddy coach was able to take down last years top team on Long Islad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the turtles tryouts/ program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still their choice. I'm not advocating any direction. Parents have to weigh the pro's and con's of each option. It's all relative. Why does anyone else care? Show up, tryout and let the chips fall where they may. If you are not happy, do your research and move on.

Geese parents weighed their options and went elsewhere. Amazing how in one summer season one daddy coach was able to take down last years top team on Long Islad.

That coming from a 91 parent. Only 91 parents are trashing coaches. And then they poison people outside the team. Which is what happened with the Geese kids who left.
91 parents hate the Geese assistant coach
91 parents hate the Ducks coach
91 parents hate the S2S coach.
Even Joe Spallina saw them as toxic and left mid season.

See the pattern. Its not the coaches. Its the toxic 91 parents. The core group of them anyway.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought East Coast Elite was the new Ducks.

Lol
Thats Dynamic Lacrosse rebranding when all the Ducks coaches walked away and formed R.U.S.H.
But the team names are staying with R.U.S.H. who have the Chaos and Rage names.

Dynamic is struggling to make East Coast Elite by offering a super cheap tryout fee of $45.
But charging more for tuition at $2495-
Yet saying not doing any tournaments off Long Island.
I guess if you are a parent who wants a PAL tournament lacrosse team, then East Coast Elite may be for you.

But for the rest, R.U.S.H., Rebels, Igloo, etc... are real teams.

How are the Rebels a real team at this point? They have no team yet. They are just starting out and I wish them all the success. They are doing a decent job with the camp and communications, etc. But you have to develop and build the team over a minimum of 2 seasons. Look at Legacy and the Ducks, both kicked off with a lot buzz and excitement and have some very good teams, but it took 2 and 3 seasons to get there.

I do agree that it will take a season to develop. And thats mainly to let the kids on the team get a feel for playing together.
But this organisation is off the a great start with their communication, great lineup of coaches, and really interactive well manned tryouts.
Plus they have a dedicated person for player developmemt and will be do evaluations of players during the season. If thay happens, I think you will see rapid improvement in this team.
Of course, there is no guarantees. But the initial supplemental camp showed real promise. The tryouts will hopefully show even more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's simplify it for the troll hater.

LIE is the best local 2025 Team. Congratulations!

Did LI Express lose to North? NO

Did LI Express lose to 91? YES

Did Express North lose to 91 the last two times they played? YES

Is Express North the next best team in the area? NO

91 is, and you know it.

So

Keep trying 91 hater. See you in the Fall.

And 91 posts its tournaments, so you can tell your organization to make sure to schedule them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's simplify it for the troll hater.

LIE is the best local 2025 Team. Congratulations!

Did LI Express lose to North? NO

Did LI Express lose to 91? YES

Did Express North lose to 91 the last two times they played? YES

Is Express North the next best team in the area? NO

91 is, and you know it.

So

Keep trying 91 hater. See you in the Fall.

And 91 posts its tournaments, so you can tell your organization to make sure to schedule them.

Saying it doesnt make it so.
So angry. How sad.
By the way, arent you the troll hater? Or do you love them?

Im not a hater though. Im a lover. Of most people anyway.
Have a great rest of the summer.
If you happen to be at my kids tournanents next year, I will see you there.
Meanwhile, try to enjoy lacrosse. Dont get so hung up on the rankings.
I think your developing wrinkles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was that there is a lot of talent on certain teams that never see the field. If their parents are smart they find a team where their kid can get playing time in order to improve as a player. Inevitably this will displace other kids from less talented programs. What's the point if your kid is on a team that wins but they never see the field?

Agree. Too many people are hung up on the name brand. With better teams carrying up to 24 players the weaker players never see the field if a game is tight. They'll ask them all to travel and be ready to play but the reality is the starters will gobble up the majority of playing time. Its a tough thing to ask of kids that aren't in 8th grade yet. Find a decent program with quality coaches who have NO kids on the team. No matter how many speeches they give about fair and equal playing time for effort, the coaches kid will always play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was that there is a lot of talent on certain teams that never see the field. If their parents are smart they find a team where their kid can get playing time in order to improve as a player. Inevitably this will displace other kids from less talented programs. What's the point if your kid is on a team that wins but they never see the field?

Agree. Too many people are hung up on the name brand. With better teams carrying up to 24 players the weaker players never see the field if a game is tight. They'll ask them all to travel and be ready to play but the reality is the starters will gobble up the majority of playing time. Its a tough thing to ask of kids that aren't in 8th grade yet. Find a decent program with quality coaches who have NO kids on the team. No matter how many speeches they give about fair and equal playing time for effort, the coaches kid will always play.

Just look at geese.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what I'm saying. Chan fixed the game. Express North has no chance of beating him. None. Zero. Do I have to spell it out for you?

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

If it's a close game, it's because Chan wants it to be. Express North isn't even on the same planet as Express Chan. The kids are better players, they're more polished, better practiced and better coached. If you think Express North is almost as good as Express Chan, you are believing exactly what Chan wants you to believe. Now, cut the check and pay up.

That may be the silliest thing I have ever read on BOTC. They were down 5-1 and came back and won. You really think that is orchestrated? Now you can read my opinion on how the clubs ranked at seasons end and call me silly.

*1 - Express - fall to summer was the most consistent
2 - 91 - moved forward and got things on track
3 - Igloo - definitely added and the team improved
*4 - Legacy - They’ll be fine and probably better off in the long run
*5 - S2S - definitely an up and comer and should continue to improve
6 - Force - lotsa talent with this group and well coached
7- TB - same as Force
*8- old Ducks- probably could be higher, but solid nonetheless
9 - Roar - yes, they are solid
10 - Empire - could be better, but not enough team practice time

* denotes club had 2nd team last year

True Blue is 2-1 against force and 2-0 against shore 2 shore. They also went 3-2 while legacy went 1-3-1 in the Tri Star lax clash

Fair enough. But 3 through 8 are all very good teams and all can beat one another, so ranking is probably wrong. . I think if those teams can retain and add a key pieces over the next two years, by 8th grade it will be some group of talent at the age. Point is no need to leave a susscessful team because they are not #1or # 2. Trust the process.

Unless your kid is boyz with coaches Dad kids stay away from #3. They'll string you along while you watch from the sidelines. Angry yes. Daddy ball yes and worse. Won't make that mistake again. Buyer beware. Don't worry they are not successful and not #1 or #2. They will HAVE to add since half of us not returning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That coming from a 91 parent. Only 91 parents are trashing coaches. And then they poison people outside the team. Which is what happened with the Geese kids who left.

See the pattern. Its not the coaches. Its the toxic 91 parents. The core group of them anyway.

Here is the pattern hater.

Geese Coach put his kid first when he wasn't good enough, so it is easy to dislike him.
Ducks Coach put his kid and himself first, ditto
S2S Coach put his kid and himself first, 3 for 3.
Joe Spallina left when his daughter decided she didn't like the boys game (good for her).

Current Head Coaches do not have kids on the team.
Current Coaches have brought their 2018 youth/HS teams to the top (as evidenced by their Commitments).

See the pattern? Daddy ball bad. Merit based play good.

This team has a good environment and too bad for you, your little Rabil missed tryouts.
But 70 really good kids did show and the team will be even better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. And moreover, the coach's style and actions will be informed by that of his kid. If the coach's kid is undisciplined and immature, he will let all kids who wish to do so misbehave and not discipline anyone. If the coaches kid is a quiet listener who always follows the rules, he will be very strict and unbending with kids who have trouble behaiving. If the coach's kid is a slasher who commits penalties, than he won't care if anyone commits penalties. So, if you must have your kid on a daddy-coached team, it works best when your kid has a lot in common with the coaches kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geese Coach put his kid first when he wasn't good enough, so it is easy to dislike him.
Joe Spallina left when his daughter decided she didn't like the boys game (good for her).

Current Coaches have brought their 2018 youth/HS teams to the top (as evidenced by their Commitments).

This team has a good environment and too bad for you, your little Rabil missed tryouts.

You just laid out a clear pattern acknowledging everything I said about 91 parents hating coaches.
Interesting how so many of those coaches moved away from 91 and have no issues and are successful.

And 91 has daddy coaches too. One good, one bad. And the rumor is your losing the good one.

Pretty sucky environment if you ask me.
But good luck to you.
There was no way my kid was bothering with an organisation like yours.

Do you notice the anger and hate on this forum is only from 91 parents?
You dont see it from Express parents. They are pretty chill on this forum.
Tells you a lot about the environment on teams.
Just saying.

Bye angry hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just laid out a clear pattern acknowledging everything I said about 91 parents hating coaches.
Interesting how so many of those coaches moved away from 91 and have no issues and are successful.

And 91 has daddy coaches too. One good, one bad. And the rumor is your losing the good one.

But good luck to you.

Just saying.

Bye angry hater.

I hear you! My son played for 91 and was treated as a second class citizen. If your not tight with JS and the gang you're in for a rough ride. You will see the favorites make mistake after mistake and stay on the field. When your son makes one, he will be pulled. We got wise to the nonsense real quick and made a move. My son flourished when he left and felt valued, and went on to become a higher level recruit than most of his former teammates. Do what feels right, don't get caught up in the name!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone advise on how the playing time is on Igloo, S2S or FL$ 2023 teams.

Any bad experiences on Igloo, S2S or FL$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But good luck to you.

Just saying.

Bye angry hater.

I hear you! My son played for 91 and was treated as a second class citizen. If your not tight with JS and the gang you're in for a rough ride. You will see the favorites make mistake after mistake and stay on the field. When your son makes one, he will be pulled. We got wise to the nonsense real quick and made a move. My son flourished when he left and felt valued, and went on to become a higher level recruit than most of his former teammates. Do what feels right, don't get caught up in the name!

Thats true. I know plenty of people who have left 91 and nepotism is rampant in the organisation especially at this age group. Glad you had the sense to break away.
This forum on its own when you see how 91 parents act is proof any parent is crazy to even consider that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do you think the 91 tryout results will be posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And tuition Fee’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And tuition Fee’s

Call them and ask. Thats why they are supposed to have Dynamic lacrosse as a management company.
Both questions they should be able to answer.
When do they expect to have their roster out?
What will the tuition be for 2025 team and whats included?

If they cant tell you that, then you should really question whether you want to be part of a team that hides information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3,000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guterding on Igloo staff 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3,000

That was 17-18 season tuition for 91.
We are talking about tuition for 17-19 season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3,000

That was 17-18 season tuition for 91.
We are talking about tuition for 17-19 season.

Mistype.
Meant tuition for 18-19 season looking to find out for 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tuition is $3700 for 2025 AA
PLUS a 3.5% processing fee (are you joking, can you say money grab)
So its actually $3830-

91 tuition is $2995 for 2025 Hornets
PLUS a 3.5% processing fee (money grab)
So its actually $3100-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels have 2 2028 teams. So much for the 1 team per age bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels have 2 2028 teams. So much for the 1 team per age bracket.

First of all that has been listed on the website under teams all along.
And thats a 3rd grade team.
And the 2nd one is listed as an East End team focusing on kids in eastern long island.
And if you call and ask Rebels Im sure they will be happy to explain why they decided to offer that.
Up to now anytime I have contacted rebels they have been more than forthcoming with information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having played for a team that was half the price of 91 last year. Let’s just say you get what you pay for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having played for a team that was half the price of 91 last year. Let’s just say you get what you pay for.

Believe me. Only half the team gets what they pay for on 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice add for Igloo with Duke Guterding
Nice team. GC pipeline opens up
Rams & 34 timed out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Geese going to do? Only 6 kids from this years team were at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of their helmets at 91 tryouts, including the goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Igloo tryout over?
They Don’t advertise here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Geese going to do? Only 6 kids from this years team were at tryouts.

Not true at all. Stop spreading lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Igloo tryout over?
They Don’t advertise here

Come on.
You know they are not.
Look at the website.
Google it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true and you know it. Going to be a rebuilding year to say the least. Make sure you get what you pay for. As far as I’m concerned you all deserve a refund after this years debacle with coach, no coach, coach, no coach, practice? No practice, practice? No practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 rosters starting to come out.

So far they have release 2nd grade 2029 Pride team
35 players listed...... what?????
They should rename that Romper Room

Also released 3rd grade 2028 Orange team
24 players listed .... still too many
And 3rd grade 2028 White team
28 players... riduculous.Money Grab. They dont care at all about this team.

Just tells you to expect overloaded rosters for older grades as well.
Can you say money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Geese are a sinking ship! Feel bad for Fiore he had
a special group of boys that went in many different
directions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true and you know it. Going to be a rebuilding year to say the least. Make sure you get what you pay for. As far as I’m concerned you all deserve a refund after this years debacle with coach, no coach, coach, no coach, practice? No practice, practice? No practice.

Problem is you have to figure out where the coach is going to hop to so you can avoid being on the same team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at warrior games?

Page 47 of 48 1 2 45 46 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard