BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 99 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by ctlaxdad
IMO 2023 Rankings
1. Primetime
2. Preds
3. LI Express North
4. Eclipse
5. 2-Way
6. Lone Wolf, Rhino
8. 91 TS, 3d TS
10. Rest-ballers, Swash, Warriors

2024 Rankings
1. PrimeTime
2. Express North
3. Preds
4. Eclipse
5. 2-Way

So who is going to help CTlAxdad with some opinions on other age groups? These 2023 and 2024 rankings are pretty solid. Need thoughts on 2025, 2022. Come on people, help this guy out.

Sons 2024 team has played north, primerime and eclipse multiple times. Eclipse best, prime time decent and north needs most work.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say you can't put Brameier on the list without including Express north 2023 Hallinan. Although I think Brameier is a great coach they've only been winning lately because they played in B tournaments. When faced with the same level of competition the Hallinan team does better. I also think Preds B does a little better than Hallinan. I would agree with the rest but all Express North teams at the 2023 level have some issues. It will be interesting to see if the Pearsall team brings on some new blood this year to change things up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Tryouts underway with Preds done and Express North, 2-Way, and Eclipse this week. Saw lots of non club helmets at Express North 2024 and 2023 tryouts at Danbury Dome last night. We'll see how busy 2-Way and Eclipse are this week as well. Should be busy couple of weeks as Express North continues to grow its base and Eclipse tries to regain some of it's lost luster. PrimeTime very late this season. We'll see if that's urts/helps them for next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have Preds put out tryout results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have Preds put out tryout results?

Calls have been made.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
final 2024 rankings

Primetime
Eclipse
Express North
2Way
Predators
TS 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good end of year 2024 Rankings. We'll see how teams change after tryouts.

Breaking News: Eclipse eliminating the backup teams at 2023 level so more players on market. My guess is they catch on with Express North backup teams or new CT Wolves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Breaking News: Eclipse eliminating the backup teams at 2023 level so more players on market. My guess is they catch on with Express North backup teams or new CT Wolves.

what is the rationale behind that ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is the rationale behind that ?

only at 23? Is it because they do not need to cover the hold backs for WSYL anymore? So the 2024 team should have the AA team with half age out kids then pull in from the A team to fill the roster out. How good can the 2024 Eclipse B team be if there is an AA and A ahead of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 2Way has a lot of kids who are way too old to play in the WSYL qualifiers.

Will they have another recruiting tryout to fill out the team for the April qualifier or will they just tap into older pool of kids from the 2Way 2025 team who would be too old next year and give them a chance for Denver?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
final 2024 rankings

Primetime
Eclipse
Express North
2Way
Predators
TS 91

Eclipse is a better team than primetime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2Way was going to start doing A and B team for first time for 2023 but my son said the coach stated only one team at start of tryout then parents got the news after. No reason given why. Some decent players will be looking for new homes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe teams are just deciding to go to the pt model- one team - should be good for teams that have later tryout dates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a couple of them at Express North tryouts this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on when Express North and Eclipse will publish rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2Way was going to start doing A and B team for first time for 2023 but my son said the coach stated only one team at start of tryout then parents got the news after. No reason given why. Some decent players will be looking for new homes.

Are you serius? The reason is simple $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express sent out an email saying they will start early next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a decent player at 2way then u should make the team. Not sure how u r defining decent.
Teams should be 20 players max, anymore than 20 is more $$ for directors and less playing time for kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got our Express North invite today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still do not understand the fixation on a teams record in tournaments. Can someone please explain. A parents sole focus should be on the development of your child's skills, lacrosse IQ and fun factor. Why fixate on one program winning two more games this summer than another? Who really cares?

Is the coach knowledgeable and does he teach the game and specific position skills to the players? From my experience I've watch 3x All Americans teach my son absolutely nothing and berate players during games without actually coaching. I've conversely watched coaches spend 1/2 their time during games teaching on the fly and actually watching the players gain in knowledge from game to game. Its truly amazing the disparity in coaching. PLaying experience when Seinfeld was a hit TV show is not an indicator of a good coach. Attend practice and listen to your son--is he learning, is he inspired by the coach? Does the coach give a S@&^?

Its coaching 1st, 2nd, 3rd and where these guys played 20 years ago is 100% meaningless from my experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what programs are providing the best coaches and which ones are not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams that carry more than 20 players is a joke. If you want your son to get better than he needs a good coach and playing time. If a team carries 10 middies and the coach doesn’t run lines than that is a problem. Sure, you want to play for good organizations but do your homework.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the fees for the teams that sent out invites?
Preds:
Express North:
2Way:
Prime time:
Eclipse:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the fees for the teams that sent out invites?
Preds:
Express North:
2Way:
Prime time:
Eclipse:

and what do you get with that?

I believe this is tournament breakdown. Dont know about practices and trainings.

Preds 3 summer 2 fall,
Express North 5 summer 2 fall
2 way 4 summer 2 fall (1x 4hr practice pw)
Primetime 5 summer 1 fall
Eclipse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds is $3500 - includes 3 fall, 4 summer and box in the winter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big is the 2Way roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big is the 2Way roster?

This year their claim is 18-20 kids per team. That is the right number. Last year they claimed some model of 25 players but only certain ones selected for tournaments. Not sure how well that worked out if they changing model again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have rosters for 2 way gone out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way will have 1 team with no more than 20 which will allow max playing time. Teams that carry more than that benefit the directors only.
Look for teams where player development is important and playing time is crucial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard invites for third tryout have gone out to several new Players for PT as they look for upgrades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team were the kids on? Was it PT 2025?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on what teams have yet to send out invitations?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Eclipse 2024 is an excellent team. 2023 doesn't have as much talent in the crop across the board for all clubs from what I hear, so I guess that may be a factor behind Eclipse dropping down to one 2023 team and only taking the best players. My other guess is that with all of the new clubs popping up and the coaching shortage, it thins out the herd and can water things down. But, that is just my guess. Eclipse 2023 will play in more AA tournaments. Eclipse rosters were posted last week when emails went out, but they don't stay up long.

Last edited by Lax20323; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way will have 1 team with no more than 20 which will allow max playing time. Teams that carry more than that benefit the directors only.
Look for teams where player development is important and playing time is crucial.

Being in high school and on a B team for one of the local clubs is pointless. B teams usually cost the same as the A team but you get weaker coaches, inferior practices and most importantly, no college coaches are looking at B teams.

B teams are okay for younger grades when kids are learning the game. But for kids wanting to get recruited for college lacrosse, B teams are a waste of money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Lax20323
Eclipse 2024 is an excellent team. 2023 doesn't have as much talent in the crop across the board for all clubs from what I hear, so I guess that may be a factor behind Eclipse dropping down to one 2023 team and only taking the best players. My other guess is that with all of the new clubs popping up and the coaching shortage, it thins out the herd and can water things down. But, that is just my guess. Eclipse 2023 will play in more AA tournaments. Eclipse rosters were posted last week when emails went out, but they don't stay up long.

Did the eclipse 23 team pick up any new talent because they had trouble getting very far in the AA tourneys like the NLF?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Lax20323]
Did the eclipse 23 team pick up any new talent because they had trouble getting very far in the AA tourneys like the NLF?

Eclipse 2023 combined the A and B teams so it is a huge team. They didn’t add too many new kids so 2023 should be even worse with the added B kids and less playing time for all (given the team’s huge size).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Lax20323]

Eclipse 2023 combined the A and B teams so it is a huge team. They didn’t add too many new kids so 2023 should be even worse with the added B kids and less playing time for all (given the team’s huge size).

2023 teams with bad summers (Eclipse, 2Way, Express N) have the most changes in structure and roster, likely leading to more problems. Teams with good summers (Preds, PT) build momentum and get even better players. Club teams all about momentum and direction- positive and negative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do parents continue to post about the record of youth club teams? Are you paying thousands of dollars for your son to be on a winning team or to improve his lacrosse skills?

Get some perspective people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being in high school and on a B team for one of the local clubs is pointless. B teams usually cost the same as the A team but you get weaker coaches, inferior practices and most importantly, no college coaches are looking at B teams.

B teams are okay for younger grades when kids are learning the game. But for kids wanting to get recruited for college lacrosse, B teams are a waste of money.

I agree - Single A teams (b teams) for high school age kids pad the pockets of club owners and don’t do much to help kids in terms of college recruiting. Express north, eclipse and 91 tristate have single A high school teams. Any other local clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so Prime Time is done , invites are out or going out , any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 99 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard